Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160272
Yssup Rider59841
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47421
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35137
Mojojo33117

Old 01-17-2020, 04:43 PM   #1
Sistine Chapel
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2
Default First U.S. Lawmaker To Endorse Trump, Gets 26-Month Prison Sentence

Everyone around this douchbag goes down.

A judge on Friday sentenced former Rep. Chris Collins (R-N.Y.), an early and staunch ally of President Donald Trump, to 26 months in prison after he pleaded guilty last September to conspiracy to commit securities fraud.

Collins, the first member of Congress to endorse Trump’s 2016 presidential bid, used his position as the largest shareholder in the Australian biotechnology company Innate Immunotherapeutics to illegally give other stockholders an inside tip that a test of the company’s main product had failed.
Sistine Chapel is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 07:33 PM   #2
oeb11
Valued Poster

Fascist DPST's wet themselves in happiness.

Thank you - Fascist DPST.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 08:46 PM   #3
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

26 months was too much time. 95% of the posters here would have done the same thing if they thought they could get away with it.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 08:49 PM   #4
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel View Post

Everyone around this douchbag goes down.

A judge on Friday sentenced former Rep. Chris Collins (R-N.Y.), an early and staunch ally of President Donald Trump, to 26 months in prison after he pleaded guilty last September to conspiracy to commit securities fraud.

Collins, the first member of Congress to endorse Trump’s 2016 presidential bid, used his position as the largest shareholder in the Australian biotechnology company Innate Immunotherapeutics to illegally give other stockholders an inside tip that a test of the company’s main product had failed.
What Law are you referring too?
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 08:54 PM   #5
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

What a dumbass. That's called material non-public information. Everyone knows you don't trade on it or you can wind up in jail. Just ask Martha Stewart. Plus his trading was highly visible and trackable since he was the largest shareholder.

So what does this have to do with trumpy?
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 09:01 PM   #6
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
26 months was too much time. 95% of the posters here would have done the same thing if they thought they could get away with it.
I agree the sentence looks stiff. I don't agree that 95% of us would have done it.

Remember Ivan Boesky? He only got 3 years, and he did it in dozens of stocks because insider trading was his business model.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:08 PM   #7
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
What a dumbass. That's called material non-public information. Everyone knows you don't trade on it or you can wind up in jail. Just ask Martha Stewart. Plus his trading was highly visible and trackable since he was the largest shareholder.

Collins was a director and he didn’t sell any of his shares. He passed info about a failed drug test onto his son who in turn told his father-in-law and other family members and they were able to get out before the share price plunged 92%.

He was going to look like a dumb ass either way. Presumably he’d been touting the stock to his family and if they’d lost hundreds of thousands of dollars, they wouldn’t be very happy. I imagine though they came out much worse than if he’d never told them anything, when you take into account the fines and, for his son and maybe a couple of others, the jail sentences.

True, this has nothing to do with Trump
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 09:14 PM   #8
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
I agree the sentence looks stiff. I don't agree that 95% of us would have done it.

Remember Ivan Boesky? He only got 3 years, and he did it in dozens of stocks because insider trading was his business model.
I’d suspect most people would do the same thing, IF they didn’t think they’d get caught. As I mentioned above, he didn’t profit from the inside information, although his son and others did. And “profit” may not be the best word, it was more like avoiding a loss
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 09:32 PM   #9
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

Patrick Leahy: Congress must defend the separation of powers

https://vtdigger.org/2020/01/17/patr...ion-of-powers/

Trump associates who have been sent to prison or faced criminal charges

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...ry?id=68358219

And Now We Know EXACTLY Why Rex Tillerson Called Trump A 'F*cking Moron'

https://www.wonkette.com/and-now-we-...-f-cking-moron

eccieuser9500 is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 01:59 AM   #10
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:

Martha wasn't convicted of any "trading of non-public information"!

She was convicted of lying to the FBI .... like HillariousNoMore.

As for Sissy Chaps he's drowning in his misery. We can chat this time next year!

His candidate will "go down" again!

LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 01:49 PM   #11
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Collins was a director and he didn’t sell any of his shares. He passed info about a failed drug test onto his son who in turn told his father-in-law and other family members and they were able to get out before the share price plunged 92%.

He was going to look like a dumb ass either way. Presumably he’d been touting the stock to his family and if they’d lost hundreds of thousands of dollars, they wouldn’t be very happy. I imagine though they came out much worse than if he’d never told them anything, when you take into account the fines and, for his son and maybe a couple of others, the jail sentences.
You're right, he didn't sell his own shares. But how could he be stupid enough to think the SEC wouldn't track and look up the names of the major sellers just before the public announcement (of the failed drug trial) and notice they included his family members? Then all the SEC needed to do was obtain phone records and interview everyone involved, including the brokers who were probably told to hurry up and dump the shares before the Australian markets opened the next day.

Quote:
I’d suspect most people would do the same thing, IF they didn’t think they’d get caught. As I mentioned above, he didn’t profit from the inside information, although his son and others did. And “profit” may not be the best word, it was more like avoiding a loss
Doesn't matter, it's still insider trading. I think in terms of risk. Even if the chance of being caught was only, say, 5%, it's not worth it to me. If you pick a stock based on the publicly available fundamentals and you make money, you can pat yourself on the back and tell yourself how smart you are. If you make a profit due to insider info, you not only feel like a cheat but you have to worry afterwards about being caught (unless you're a corrupt sociopath like Bernie Madoff or Ivan Boesky, in which case it wouldn't bother you).

Why take stupid risks when you can make big bucks honestly? A blind, dart-throwing monkey can make money in today's bull market. And it's all thanks to trumpy and his pro-growth policies of cutting taxes and rolling back odumbo's regulatory over-reach!!

Right, sissy chap?
Old 01-18-2020, 02:30 PM   #12
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Martha wasn't convicted of any "trading of non-public information"!

Yes, Martha Stewart was convicted of lying. About her insider trading. A jury found her guilty on 4 counts of lying to investigators and obstruction of justice.

Hildebeest was never charged with lying to the FBI, let alone convicted. She was interviewed on July 2, 2016 and was fully lawyered up and not asked to take an oath beforehand. The interview lasted 3-1/2 hours and the 302 summary released by the FBI two months later was heavily redacted.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/201...erview-n642126
Old 01-18-2020, 05:58 PM   #13
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
You're right, he didn't sell his own shares. But how could he be stupid enough to think the SEC wouldn't track and look up the names of the major sellers just before the public announcement (of the failed drug trial) and notice they included his family members? Then all the SEC needed to do was obtain phone records and interview everyone involved, including the brokers who were probably told to hurry up and dump the shares before the Australian markets opened the next day.

Doesn't matter, it's still insider trading. I think in terms of risk. Even if the chance of being caught was only, say, 5%, it's not worth it to me. If you pick a stock based on the publicly available fundamentals and you make money, you can pat yourself on the back and tell yourself how smart you are. If you make a profit due to insider info, you not only feel like a cheat but you have to worry afterwards about being caught (unless you're a corrupt sociopath like Bernie Madoff or Ivan Boesky, in which case it wouldn't bother you).

Why take stupid risks when you can make big bucks honestly? A blind, dart-throwing monkey can make money in today's bull market. And it's all thanks to trumpy and his pro-growth policies of cutting taxes and rolling back odumbo's regulatory over-reach!!

Right, sissy chap?
Collins was a double dumb ass for lying about it. If you're a tipper and you personally don't benefit, then you haven't necessarily broken the law. If Collins had been tried before the Supreme Court ruling on Salman vs. United States in 2016, he might have gotten off if he hadn't lied. That case established that if you tip a relative, it can be considered a gift of confidential information, and that means you've violated securities laws. Anyway, you can't help but think that if he'd told the truth he might have gotten off with less time, or maybe just a fine.

I agree, I wouldn't risk insider trading if there were a 5% probability of being caught. But then there are people like Steven Cohen. His fund did better than just about anyone's except Renaissance's, and the out performance resulted from what was arguably insider trading. Cohen, unlike for example Raj Rajaratnam, was careful and had a good idea of what was legal and illegal. As a result he escaped with a $1.8 billion penalty and no jail time. And a net worth of $13.6 billion.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 09:04 PM   #14
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post

I don't remember that headline. Who is HillariousNoMore?

Can your dumbass provide a link, or ANY evidence, to support your easily dismissed bullshit? Do you think you're any different than the other lunatic conspiracy theorists on here?

eccieuser9500 is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 03:24 AM   #15
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Yes, Martha Stewart was convicted of lying. About her insider trading.
You might want to recheck your sources.
LexusLover is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women