Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70386
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35180
Mojojo33117

Old 06-27-2017, 12:34 AM   #16
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Who gives a fuck which flag it was? They didn't say which one it was. And like the nazi flag, it brings up a past that has painful memories for some. And like people who display the flag of the losing side, the losers have that right.
Just strange to see someone reveling in being 0-1. They pray for a rematch but it ain't gonna happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn View Post

This is the "Stainless Banner" or the second Confederate flag flown over the Confederates States of America. It was adopted in May of 1863. Is that what you're talking about? I don't think so. You're talking about, like most ignorant people, about the Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia:

You mentioned the 1863 flag but what about the 1865 flag or the "Blood Stained Banner":

You know, it occurs to me that none of these flags look exactly like the so-called Confederate Flag. I guess the people flying it and the people protesting it are not the sharpest knives in the drawer.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 01:34 PM   #17
MT Pockets
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I do not condone violence from either side. But I do however understand those that are offended by the flag. It is a old navy jack that was re purposed to stand for racism by a sizable group of supremacist.
What is confusing is why anyone would say it is part of their heritage.
It represents a cult of racist not the Confederacy.
MT Pockets is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 03:05 PM   #18
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Still fighting the Civil War.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 03:12 PM   #19
garhkal
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchmasterman View Post
Who gives a fuck which flag it was? They didn't say which one it was. And like the nazi flag, it brings up a past that has painful memories for some. .
I agree. I care not if my flag offends you. IN this country i have the right to fly it on my property. YOU don't have the right to deface it, steal it etc..
garhkal is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 03:46 PM   #20
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
you're partially correct.

A similarly rectangular flag was used during the latter part of the war by the Army of Tennessee under General Joseph E. Johnston.

It was also similar to the 2nd Confederate Navy Jack.
actually i'm correct on both counts. most importantly that the so-called "modern" Confederate flag, never flew as the flag of the Confederate States of America.

Also i don't see any version of this "modern" flag being used by the Army of Tennessee

last standardized flag of the Army of Tennessee in 1864 .. and i noted it was also the ensign of the Confederate Navy ..

the above is not quite the same as this ..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_of_Tennessee

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_...tes_of_America
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 04:05 PM   #21
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT Pockets View Post
I do not condone violence from either side. But I do however understand those that are offended by the flag. It is a old navy jack that was re purposed to stand for racism by a sizable group of supremacist.
I never heard people saying anything remotely close to that until after the church shooting in Charlotte. That mindset comes from the media and politics to divide and conquer this nation so they use a flag to keep racism and oppression alive in this country. It only kindles resentment. They are doing the same thing in New Orleans by taking down historical Southern Confederate statues. They think it's going to wash away feelings of racism. It will only breed deep feelings of resentment in many and that's not good either, in fact it's worse.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:32 PM   #22
MT Pockets
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin View Post
I never heard people saying anything remotely close to that until after the church shooting in Charlotte. That mindset comes from the media and politics to divide and conquer this nation so they use a flag to keep racism and oppression alive in this country. It only kindles resentment. They are doing the same thing in New Orleans by taking down historical Southern Confederate statues. They think it's going to wash away feelings of racism. It will only breed deep feelings of resentment in many and that's not good either, in fact it's worse.

Jim
I was born and raised in the south. The "Rebel Flag" In which I owned a few of has been used as a symbol of racism for well over 25 years. When it first became popular it was about rebellion. As time has gone by it has evolved. I have chosen to not display anything that is offensive personally. What if I put up a Korean flag in my yard or car? or a Cuban one? Or better yet and ISIS flag? It boils down to this, The last confederate flag was a solid white one. Any display of anything you deem as confederate would be an insult to the USA flag. So what would the rectangle one even mean if not as a uprising or a sign of racism? As for the statues, The real question is why did they even put them up?
And there is a bit of truth behind the shooting having an influence, rational people have seen that by being tolerant to racist, allows them to grow and spread their hate. At one time I was torn between thinking at some point we will be so mixed race that it would be a thing of the past . And thinking that those who choose to preserve their heritage may be right. Honestly what I have experienced is you take a family that is racist and let one of the offspring reproduce with another race, and suddenly they forget all about that prejudice bullshit. If you asked me all the stuff going on now is the death rattle of the Klan mentality in America.
LA RAZA!
Old 06-27-2017, 06:03 PM   #23
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT Pockets

now everyone can clearly see why i ignore you, unless someone quotes your usually useless and typically stupid comment. and only to point out how useless and stupid your comment is.

it's not the Confederate Navy ensign nor is it the Battle flag of the Army of Tennessee or the Army of Northern Virginia under Lee. it's a modern day construct that never flew during the days of the Civil War. got that idiot? who decided to stretch it out some to be more rectangular? who knows! who cares! it simply made it more conformist to modern flags .. including this one ..

for you to contend it's a symbol of a cult of racism is both false and racist in and of itself. shocking isn't it that you are in fact a racist?? who knew?? bahhaa

Quote:

Jim

exactly. just more PC goon babble that didn't exist for decades. now in the dying age of PC .. oh yes PC is in it's death throws .. the revolution eats it's own yes??? is it suddenly some racist symbol.

if any reference of the Civil War was so racist, why were they allowed after the war? flags, statues, war monuments ... why weren't they all banned? because throughout history, history itself has been memorialized by such artifacts.

if you want to remove any and all Southern tributes and monuments of the Civil War then should you not remove all of the Northern ones too? bahhaaaa PC dictates you should!!! see how fucking stupid politically correct ideology really is???

under such a dicked up doctrine .. all monuments should be banned. yep .. all of them. tear down every statue of Jefferson and Washington .. because they owned slaves! let's ignore what they did to found this nation like it didn't happen!

tear down the Vietnam wall because of all those VC we killed. bulldoze Arlington National Cemetery and Normandy too.

see how stupid this is?? some of you won't get it .. and you know who you are ..

stupid is as stupid does, Forrest.

bahaha
Old 06-27-2017, 06:33 PM   #24
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Quote:
I was born and raised in the south. The "Rebel Flag" In which I owned a few of has been used as a symbol of racism for well over 25 years. When it first became popular it was about rebellion. As time has gone by it has evolved. I have chosen to not display anything that is offensive personally. What if I put up a Korean flag in my yard or car? or a Cuban one? Or better yet and ISIS flag? It boils down to this, The last confederate flag was a solid white one. Any display of anything you deem as confederate would be an insult to the USA flag. So what would the rectangle one even mean if not as a uprising or a sign of racism? As for the statues, The real question is why did they even put them up?
And there is a bit of truth behind the shooting having an influence, rational people have seen that by being tolerant to racist, allows them to grow and spread their hate. At one time I was torn between thinking at some point we will be so mixed race that it would be a thing of the past . And thinking that those who choose to preserve their heritage may be right. Honestly what I have experienced is you take a family that is racist and let one of the offspring reproduce with another race, and suddenly they forget all about that prejudice bullshit. If you asked me all the stuff going on now is the death rattle of the Klan mentality in America.
LA RAZA!
If you owned and displayed a Rebel Flag with intentions of exercising your views of racism that falls on your personal views of that flag. It was never originally designed to specifically depict racism. That came from our twisted sick little society that we live in. The sick fucks who run this empire will continue to sever the history of America in other ways besides banning a flag and taking down historical monuments. They do this until America is like an amputee and a mere shadow of it's former self.

Jim
Old 06-27-2017, 07:14 PM   #25
MT Pockets
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT Pockets

now everyone can clearly see why i ignore you, Nobody quoted me so where the fuck did you come from asswipe unless someone quotes your usually useless and typically stupid comment. and only to point out how useless and stupid your comment is.
The useless part would be you not knowing all that much about history
it's not the Confederate Navy ensign nor is it the Battle flag of the Army of Tennessee or the Army of Northern Virginia under Lee. it's a modern day construct that never flew during the days of the Civil War. got that idiot? who decided to stretch it out some to be more rectangular? who knows! who cares! it simply made it more conformist to modern flags .. including this one ..
You have really shot yourself in the foot on this one. You just supported the vast majority of my contention and then said I was wrong. Dipshit!

for you to contend it's a symbol of a cult of racism is both false and racist in and of itself. shocking isn't it that you are in fact a racist?? who knew?? bahhaa
As I said in the 70's I had a Rebel flag or two. in the 90's I saw the trend of it being a symbol of hate and racism so I got rid of it. And yes it is a cult. Nobody is born racist it is taught. Your team seems to love to breed hate as a way of controlling your kind.

exactly. just more PC goon babble that didn't exist for decades. now in the dying age of PC .. oh yes PC is in it's death throws .. the revolution eats it's own yes??? is it suddenly some racist symbol.
I love how you worship General Lee and the likes and the try to say the Dems were the racist assholes back in the day. Guess what Lee was a Democrat as was all of your hero's LOL! Moron.
if any reference of the Civil War was so racist, why were they allowed after the war? flags, statues, war monuments ... why weren't they all banned? because throughout history, history itself has been memorialized by such artifacts.

if you want to remove any and all Southern tributes and monuments of the Civil War then should you not remove all of the Northern ones too? bahhaaaa PC dictates you should!!! see how fucking stupid politically correct ideology really is???
Why remove the northern ones? they won! Did you miss that part?
under such a dicked up doctrine .. all monuments should be banned. yep .. all of them. tear down every statue of Jefferson and Washington .. because they owned slaves! let's ignore what they did to found this nation like it didn't happen!

tear down the Vietnam wall because of all those VC we killed. bulldoze Arlington National Cemetery and Normandy too.

see how stupid this is?? some of you won't get it .. and you know who you are ..

stupid is as stupid does, Forrest.
You are a fucking ignorant buffoon! I bet you think the emancipation act freed the slaves. I think you are getting dumber by the day.
bahaha
You are showing just how fucking stupid you are now. After you read up a bit why don't you come back with any intelligible comments you can make or plagiarize. In the mean time check out my comments in your quotes.
https://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=m...ack+rebel+flag
Old 06-27-2017, 08:39 PM   #26
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
actually i'm correct on both counts. most importantly that the so-called "modern" Confederate flag, never flew as the flag of the Confederate States of America.

Also i don't see any version of this "modern" flag being used by the Army of Tennessee

last standardized flag of the Army of Tennessee in 1864 .. and i noted it was also the ensign of the Confederate Navy ..

the above is not quite the same as this ..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_...tes_of_America
http://www.confederate-flags.org/con...tennessee.html

the army of Tennessee flew a rectangular version late in the war.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:58 PM   #27
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post

the army of Tennessee flew a rectangular version late in the war.
that depends on your source of info. and even by individual units during the war.

according to wiki from 1864 on this was the "standardized" version

there are also varying aspect ratios of these flags, and variants of color.

that applies to the Navy ensign also. you listening pockets???

bottom line there was no consistency for any actual flag of the Confederate States of America
the CSA flag and battle flags changed constantly.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:08 AM   #28
MT Pockets
Valued Poster

Quote:
If you owned and displayed a Rebel Flag with intentions of exercising your views of racism that falls on your personal views of that flag. It was never originally designed to specifically depict racism. That came from our twisted sick little society that we live in. The sick fucks who run this empire will continue to sever the history of America in other ways besides banning a flag and taking down historical monuments. They do this until America is like an amputee and a mere shadow of it's former self.

Jim
I agree with nearly everything you said.
I owned them when they stood for Rebelling against the system. Including those that want to use the Bible to control us. I was a Hippy without the drug-use.
I (we) displayed them for a completely different purpose than what they are for now. We knew the rectangle was not the same as the battle flag and we knew that it was never the flag of the Confederate. Even though I was and am still in support of the Confederate way of life. I will remind you I am not one that thinks the Civil war was about slavery. It was about what a large part of being a Democrat is still about. Since Lincoln changed the interpretation of the Constitution by giving the government the power to control all the sates to a higher level, Democrats have had to adapt to resolving things by the new set of rules. Do I wish the south had won? yes. Do I support slavery? No. The main issue we are at odds about is who is trying to control who. It is my opinion that Dems give people more liberty and you I assume think the Republicans do. We can break it down in to pieces and one would be right sometimes and wrong others. I am of the opinion the Dems are the better option. If you look at my post you will see I do not align with them 100%. There are a few issues I strongly disagree with the GOP and you will notice I stick to those threads. I do not defend them blindly. You will also see a large part of the time I merely point out the lack of logic in others post. That normally gets me a new nickname or two.I also find it amusing that the stars and bars in its original form would be a democratic flag, yet here we are. LOL!
Old 06-28-2017, 11:33 AM   #29
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Quote:
I agree with nearly everything you said.
I owned them when they stood for Rebelling against the system. Including those that want to use the Bible to control us. I was a Hippy without the drug-use.
I (we) displayed them for a completely different purpose than what they are for now. We knew the rectangle was not the same as the battle flag and we knew that it was never the flag of the Confederate. Even though I was and am still in support of the Confederate way of life. I will remind you I am not one that thinks the Civil war was about slavery. It was about what a large part of being a Democrat is still about. Since Lincoln changed the interpretation of the Constitution by giving the government the power to control all the sates to a higher level, Democrats have had to adapt to resolving things by the new set of rules. Do I wish the south had won? yes. Do I support slavery? No. The main issue we are at odds about is who is trying to control who. It is my opinion that Dems give people more liberty and you I assume think the Republicans do. We can break it down in to pieces and one would be right sometimes and wrong others. I am of the opinion the Dems are the better option. If you look at my post you will see I do not align with them 100%. There are a few issues I strongly disagree with the GOP and you will notice I stick to those threads. I do not defend them blindly. You will also see a large part of the time I merely point out the lack of logic in others post. That normally gets me a new nickname or two.I also find it amusing that the stars and bars in its original form would be a democratic flag, yet here we are. LOL!
Here's a shocker for ya . I was raised in the Midwest eighty miles west of Chicago. At the age of eighteen I registered to vote as a Democrat. My father was in local politics. He was born and raised in the South. It took me many years to realize there really isn't that much difference between Democrats and Republicans. As far as the Confederate Flag is concerned it was never that important to me, in fact I never even saw one until I moved to the South thirty five years ago. My impression however was never that the Confederate Flag was a racist symbol of any sort. The main point though is regardless what that flag may mean to people you can't change history, it is what it is, and nobody deserves protection from it

Jim
Old 06-28-2017, 12:46 PM   #30
MT Pockets
Valued Poster

Quote:
Here's a shocker for ya . I was raised in the Midwest eighty miles west of Chicago. At the age of eighteen I registered to vote as a Democrat. My father was in local politics. He was born and raised in the South. It took me many years to realize there really isn't that much difference between Democrats and Republicans. As far as the Confederate Flag is concerned it was never that important to me, in fact I never even saw one until I moved to the South thirty five years ago. My impression however was never that the Confederate Flag was a racist symbol of any sort. The main point though is regardless what that flag may mean to people you can't change history, it is what it is, and nobody deserves protection from it

Jim
I agree that the Confederate flag was not racist in it's original context. And I also remember when the Rebel flag was not either. I blame the Klan and all white supremacist in general for tainting it.
Just as I argue here with Conservatives about what really happened in the Civil war I argue with Liberals too. Lincoln could not have cared less about black folks. He was driven by two things. Cheap labor if they moved up north and reducing the amount of soldiers on the Confederate side. If he had cared about the slaves he would have freed them north of the mason dixon line as well.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women