Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70481
biomed161061
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453041
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47775
pyramider46370
bambino40446
CryptKicker37107
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 07-29-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15
Default Virginia as a harbenger of bad times ahead

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/07/28/virginia-isnt-for-governors-column/2594405/

I’m spending the week in DC on business and had a nice dinner with some acquaintances/politicians from both sides of the political spectrum. The host put all discussion of the budget off the table for the evening (which all seemed to appreciate), but politics still wound up being the topic of the evening.

However, unlike most political dinner debates this one had no shots being fired by one guest at another, nor any heated words directed at anyone in the room. The reality was everyone there was in complete agreement, cons and libs alike. They ALL decried the new low in political choices (or lack thereof) as they talked about the VA governor’s race.

Choose between a charlatan, lying, money skimming Dem on one side.

And a man who wants a spy cam in every bedroom, and whom the Taliban thinks is too socially conservative on the Rep side.

Why is it neither party wants to run candidates that are sane AND reasonably honest?

The best line of the evening was by a guy reasonably high up in the VA Dem party who said, “I’m going to campaign real hard to have as many Dems as possible to vote for Cuccinelli. I’m not sure we [the Dem party in VA] can afford the embarrassment of McAuliffe being governor.” His Rep equivalent never lost a beat responding, “What about dueling pistols at dawn. Loser’s candidate gets elected and we all move out of the state and watch the implosion.”

A sad commentary on the US political state.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:01 PM   #2
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/07/28/virginia-isnt-for-governors-column/2594405/

I’m spending the week in DC on business and had a nice dinner with some acquaintances/politicians from both sides of the political spectrum. The host put all discussion of the budget off the table for the evening (which all seemed to appreciate), but politics still wound up being the topic of the evening.

However, unlike most political dinner debates this one had no shots being fired by one guest at another, nor any heated words directed at anyone in the room. The reality was everyone there was in complete agreement, cons and libs alike. They ALL decried the new low in political choices (or lack thereof) as they talked about the VA governor’s race.

Choose between a charlatan, lying, money skimming Dem on one side.

And a man who wants a spy cam in every bedroom, and whom the Taliban thinks is too socially conservative on the Rep side.

Why is it neither party wants to run candidates that are sane AND reasonably honest?

The best line of the evening was by a guy reasonably high up in the VA Dem party who said, “I’m going to campaign real hard to have as many Dems as possible to vote for Cuccinelli. I’m not sure we [the Dem party in VA] can afford the embarrassment of McAuliffe being governor.” His Rep equivalent never lost a beat responding, “What about dueling pistols at dawn. Loser’s candidate gets elected and we all move out of the state and watch the implosion.”

A sad commentary on the US political state.
First post worth commenting on in weeks. Good one, Old-T. Unfortunately, there are too many political races where the major party candidates are BOTH idiots. I'd hate to be in Virginia now.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:45 AM   #3
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Terry Mcauliffe IS a money laundering, money skimming, deceitful son of a bitch.

Do you really, REALLY, think that Cuccinelli thinks the Taliban is too socially liberal?

One is a fact, the other is a stupid opinion and flaming rhetoric of the left.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:24 AM   #4
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Terry Mcauliffe IS a money laundering, money skimming, deceitful son of a bitch.

Do you really, REALLY, think that Cuccinelli thinks the Taliban is too socially liberal?

No, Cuccinelli is a turd.

He wants to make homosexual sex acts illegal again after the courts have pretty much struck down all such laws.

Some Puritans NEVER get the message. He can't wait to get into people's bedrooms.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:26 AM   #5
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Better go back and check out that story. As Attorney General of Virginia Cuccinelli was using the sodomy statute to prosecute child molesters, just like 47 other cases prosecuted by democratic AGs before him. Don't you believe in prosecuting child molesters? I guess those democrats were puritans as well. Read about the case in point and realize that you have been suckered. Some of you got sucked voluntarily and I'm sure that others didn't know.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-in-teen-case/

Cuccinelli was going after a 47 year old man who had sex with a 17 year old girl using the sodomy law.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:54 AM   #6
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:

Actually, you're wrong. Not that that is surprising.

It wasn't MY opinion, nor your "hated liberal media" view.

It was a number of Republican politicians (from VA and other places) who clearly think very poorly of Cuccinelli as a political candidate and a human being.

Yes, he used the sodomy law to go after child molesters. So? You make it sound like he would never use the same tool to hunt down gay men. The overwhelming opinion of his colleagues at the party who knew him was yes, he most certainly would and has. I tend to believe their knowledge of him a whole lot more than yours, and his public talk makes him seem like the living embodiment of the Inquisition. He sees himself as having a personal mandate to bring HIS interpretation of the bible into everyone's personal life. There were some true conservatives at the party, and not a single person had anything good to say about either candidate; normally in a room full of politicians you can find at least a few who will support any one and any view. Not this time.

But what's a little reality to you when all you see is a "conservative" to support and a "liberal" to bash. Get a clue some day, just because some moralistic extremist is running as a rep doesn't make him a good guy. Cuccinelli is a moralistic zealot. I will also tell you that Cuccinelli would love to shut down this board and see every member prosecuted for conspiracy to commit interstate felonies. I'm glad to know that you support that too.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:50 AM   #7
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Fact Jack !

+1

Quote:

But I would welcome Old T to post some relevant facts supporting his opinion that Cuccinelli is to the right of the Taliban (on social or other issues) !
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:30 AM   #8
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Yes, he used the sodomy law to go after child molesters. So? You make it sound like he would never use the same tool to hunt down gay men.

Truth alert!!! Note the sentence above. "he used the sodomy law to go after child molesters" Now note the next important sentence, "....he would NEVER use the same tool to hunt down gay men". According to these sentences Cuccinelli has NOT used the sodomy laws to go after gay men. Understand that. He has NOT but they are afraid, and have been saying, that he has. IT is a bald faced lie to say that he did.

Now Cuccinelli may not be liked by some of the GOP but to base your opposition on a presumed action based on a lie is outright stupidity. Thanks for the testimony Old T, it was very enlightening.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:37 AM   #9
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Default Prospective

In 1992 we said that Bill Clinton was a draft dodging, pot smoking, skirt chasing, lying, slimeball and we were right on all counts though you may want to contest the slimeball part. The rest is obviously true now and true then.

On the other hand your side said that George H. W. Bush was a wimp, a elitist, who was out of touch, and not too bright (the perennial democratic charge). Looking back we can see the man who kicked Saddam's ass, who is very good with "regular" people, and is pretty bright with his heart in the right place. Bill Clinton said so.

That is the difference; we based our negative opinions on facts and the left bases their opinions their own rhetoric. Fact free you might say. It just seems to be against the liberal code to oppose someone for what they have done but for what they claim they might do.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:41 AM   #10
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Better go back and check out that story. As Attorney General of Virginia Cuccinelli was using the sodomy statute to prosecute child molesters, just like 47 other cases prosecuted by democratic AGs before him. Don't you believe in prosecuting child molesters? I guess those democrats were puritans as well. Read about the case in point and realize that you have been suckered. Some of you got sucked voluntarily and I'm sure that others didn't know.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-in-teen-case/

Cuccinelli was going after a 47 year old man who had sex with a 17 year old girl using the sodomy law.
Hypocritical bullshit. More "do it for the children" nonsense.

Why is he persecuting particular acts, rather than prosecuting UNDERAGE sex?

Cuccinelli did not want to change the law so that a 47 year old man who had vaginal sex with a 17 year old girl went to jail.

That apparently is fine with him, because, you know, they are having biblically-correct sex.

Instead, he goes after the blowjobs and the anal sex so he has tools to persecute gays while letting straight vaginal sex slide through.

Virginia classifies sex with someone 15 years or older as a misdemeanor, not a felony. But that apparently only applies to vaginal sex. Under the old VA law, sodomy was a crime regardless of the age of the consenting participants.

Cuccinelli tried to get the sodomy law back on the books using "protect children" as an excuse.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:06 PM   #11
Ducbutter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

harbinger

Sorry.
Ducbutter is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:51 PM   #12
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Fact Jack !

+1

But I would welcome Old T to post some relevant facts supporting his opinion that Cuccinelli is to the right of the Taliban (on social or other issues) !

whirlie wants facts .. rich aint it?
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:09 PM   #13
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
First post worth commenting on in weeks. Good one, Old-T. Unfortunately, there are too many political races where the major party candidates are BOTH idiots. I'd hate to be in Virginia now.
Glad to see you are still alive. We been worried about ya!
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:50 PM   #14
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Hillary to campaign for family best friend Terry McAuliffe.......

Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:12 PM   #15
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducbutter View Post
harbinger

Sorry.
No problem. Spelling corrections are always accepted--even from IB. In grade school I earned many well-deserved Ds in spelling--and the English language hasn't gotten any more logical about that.
Old-T is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women