Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70387
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59856
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47439
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35180
Mojojo33117

Old 04-02-2024, 10:53 PM   #1
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98
Default Kudos to J.K Rowlings

JK Rowling is 'practically daring police' to arrest her after the idiots in Scotland implemented a new hate crime law

Scotland's controversial new law on hate crimes, which critics warn will have a 'chilling effect' on free speech, was activated on April 1. The text of the bill, restricts free speech against a group of persons" of certain protected characteristics, including age, disability, religion or, in the case of a social or cultural group, perceived religious affiliation, sexual orientation, transgender identity, and variations in sex characteristics. The maximum penalty is a seven-year jail sentence.

Rowling, who lives in Scotland’s capital city of Edinburgh, began an April Fool’s Day social media thread by listing multiple biologically male criminals who claimed to be transgender just prior to being sentenced for various horrific crimes, expressing mock relief their avowed gender identities were being respected. She then switched her rhetoric and declared, "Only kidding. Obviously, the people mentioned in the above tweets aren't women at all, but men, every last one of them."

After slamming Scotland’s new hate speech bill directly, Rowling declared, "if what I've written here qualifies as an offense under the terms of the new act, I look forward to being arrested when I return to the birthplace of the Scottish Enlightenment."

Police have declared they will not prosecute the author.

Rowling hailed the decision, declaring, "I hope every woman in Scotland who wishes to speak up for the reality and importance of biological sex will be reassured by this announcement, and I trust that all women - irrespective of profile or financial means - will be treated equally under the law."

Rowling vowed, "If they go after any woman for simply calling a man a man, I'll repeat that woman's words and they can charge us both at once."

Scotland’s new hate speech law has sent shockwaves across Scotland and the entire UK.

The Telegraph reported that former deputy leader of the Scottish National Party, Jim Sillars, launched a campaign to "resist the Hate Crime Act and campaign for its repeal."

"Today on their own admission, Police Scotland will translate itself from a service into a force for one particular purpose — the pursuit of people who speak their minds," Sillars said. This law "inflicts a deep wound on the face of Scottish society."

Rishi Sunak, the prime minister of the UK, commented directly on Rowling’s challenge to the Scottish Police, declaring, "We should not be criminalizing people saying common sense things about biological sex, clearly that isn’t right" and that "We have a proud tradition of free speech."
berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 12:04 AM   #2
berryberry
Valued Poster

Saw this great analysis of JK Rowlings move to expose and take down this ridiculous law:

It's hard to overstate how important - and strategically brilliant -
JK Rowling's power move was, a first-move checkmate that effectively
neutered Scotland's dangerous new Hate Crime Bill.

By openly and unambiguously breaking this law - on a massive public platform - on its very first day, she has in effect nullified the law by forcing the authorities in Scotland into a corner where they only have two options, both of which will be this laws downfall. They can:

Option 1) Enforce the law as it's written, arrest Ms Rowling, creating the world's greatest Streisand Effect and put this law under the kind of extreme scrutiny it was never designed to withstand. Her arrest and trial would be in many ways the biggest media event in years and give the deep-pocketed Rowling the world's biggest stage with which to expose transgenderism on trial. Anybody regularly involved in this debate knows the massive, enormous flaws in the logic that underpins gender ideology, and instinctively understands a trial of this magnitude would be a death blow both for this law in particular, and gender ideology in general.

Option 2) They DONT enforce the law (precisely BECAUSE they know it would kick off a humiliating battle they cannot win, and would galvanize such strong public support against the law that the SNP would likely suffer catastrophic political consequences) and the Elephant In The Room of having such a massive public personality so openly break the law without any consequences effectively renders the law null and void for anybody charged with it who ISN'T JK Rowling. All anybody charged with this law would have to do would be introduce Rowling's tweet thread in court and make the extremely persuasive argument that it is being selectively and arbitrarily enforced. After all, if such a massive public voice isn't charged under this law, clearly the law is unenforceable on anyone else. In effect, Rowling has created a shield for anyone WITHOUT her massive platform and deep pockets with her thread that - so long as it remains public on @X and she remains uncharged - effectively gives anyone else a Get Out of Jail Free card.

Either way, the law is cooked: either they charge Rowling and the resulting massive scrutiny of the law will inevitably result in it's repeal OR they don't charge her and the law is in effect utterly nullified.

Heads she wins, tails they lose. This is about as close to a chess match being lost on the first move as you're ever going to see.
Old 04-04-2024, 10:10 PM   #3
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... She stood up to them - and they backed right down!

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 08:57 AM   #4
eyecu2
Premium Access

Encounters: 81

Would you applaud publicly outing men or women equally for any reason?

I understand that this is to try to get out of various sentencing for crimes these men had been facing, but what if it was for something like solicitation?

Should outing ppl be ok for any reason like that?

When a plausible defense is mounted- as these men tried, was it merely to avoid punishment or was it truly that they were Trans?

I am not sure that anyone can imperically can say with 100% certainty
eyecu2 is online now   Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 12:05 PM   #5
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Again View Post
... She stood up to them - and they backed right down!

#### Salty
They did indeed Salty !!!
Old 04-05-2024, 12:19 PM   #6
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecu2 View Post
Would you applaud publicly outing men or women equally for any reason?

I understand that this is to try to get out of various sentencing for crimes these men had been facing, but what if it was for something like solicitation?

Should outing ppl be ok for any reason like that?

When a plausible defense is mounted- as these men tried, was it merely to avoid punishment or was it truly that they were Trans?

I am not sure that anyone can imperically can say with 100% certainty
This is all about FREE SPEECH

Do you support putting someone in prison for up to 7 years for calling a man who dresses like a woman a man? Yes or no?
Old 04-05-2024, 12:32 PM   #7
eyecu2
Premium Access

Encounters: 81

Of course not. I Don't agree with any law that makes it criminal to speak out, but I also don't believe in outing somebody directly. I don't think it should be a criminal offense however I do think that she's open to libel.
eyecu2 is online now   Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 01:30 PM   #8
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecu2 View Post
Of course not. I Don't agree with any law that makes it criminal to speak out, but I also don't believe in outing somebody directly. I don't think it should be a criminal offense however I do think that she's open to libel.
How exactly is calling a man who dresses like a woman a man libel?

These people can call themselves whatever they want - it still doesn't change the fact they were born a certain gender and that will never change
Old 04-06-2024, 07:35 AM   #9
CreatedInSpace
Premium Access

Encounters: 1

This law literally outlaws honesty.
CreatedInSpace is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women