Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47432
pyramider46370
bambino40283
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Old 03-06-2010, 07:09 AM   #91
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by terbul View Post
Nobody’s heard of John Prine?

Of Course!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:43 AM   #92
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by terbul View Post
Nobody’s heard of John Prine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Of Course!
WTF--is that "Of course" nobody's heard of John Prine?
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:00 PM   #93
terbul
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
No I haven't.

Writes songs with a strong social context.

Born in Maywood, IL on October 10, 1946, John Prine’s body of work has become the high-water mark of American songwriting and his songs have found a home in the repertoire of musical luminaries such as Bonnie Raitt, Johnny Cash and George Strait.

On March 9, 2005, at the request of Poet Laureate Ted Kooser, John Prine became the first singer/songwriter to read and perform at the
Library of Congress.

Full lyrics:

While digesting Reader's Digest
In the back of a dirty book store,
A plastic flag, with gum on the back,
Fell out on the floor.
Well, I picked it up and I ran outside
Slapped it on my window shield,
And if I could see old Betsy Ross
I'd tell her how good I feel.

Chorus:
But your flag decal won't get you
Into Heaven any more.
They're already overcrowded
From your dirty little war.
Now Jesus don't like killin'
No matter what the reason's for,
And your flag decal won't get you
Into Heaven any more.

Well, I went to the bank this morning
And the cashier he said to me,
"If you join the Christmas club
We'll give you ten of them flags for free."
Well, I didn't mess around a bit
I took him up on what he said.
And I stuck them stickers all over my car
And one on my wife's forehead.

Repeat Chorus:
Well, I got my window shield so filled
With flags I couldn't see.
So, I ran the car upside a curb
And right into a tree.
By the time they got a doctor down
I was already dead.
And I'll never understand why the man
Standing in the Pearly Gates said...

"But your flag decal won't get you
Into Heaven any more.
We're already overcrowded
From your dirty little war.
Now Jesus don't like killin'
No matter what the reason's for,
And your flag decal won't get you
Into Heaven any more."
terbul is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:02 AM   #94
EmilyHemingway
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 5956
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
This is somewhat flawed logic. Just because something is absent from the Constitution doesn't mean that it should be none of the federal government's business.
Neither does it mean it's fair game for federal involvement, and the argument is much stronger for it being not federal business.

Quote:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
Boldface mine.

We can start the debate about the definition of necessary and proper any moment now. Fair warning that you're talking to someone who thinks if we can cry "Commerce clause!" for legislature forcing every American to buy health insurance to solve the healthcare problem, might as well go whole hog and legislate every American must also establish savings accounts with a minimum of $5000 balance and fines for going below the mandated limit. It'll save our too-big-to-fail finance sector! Wheeee, commerce clause!
EmilyHemingway is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:27 AM   #95
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
WTF--is that "Of course" nobody's heard of John Prine?
I meant, ''Of course I have heard of John Prine''
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:13 AM   #96
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
The argument is always that people need health care. Yes, they need food too, but nobody expects the government to provide food insurance that lets somebody have as much high priced steak and lobster as they want every day.

A big part of the problem is the tax code, where employers provide tax-free "benefits" to employees. Why don't we have tax-free employer provided car insurance too? Because it would be fucking stupid -- just like it is for health insurance.

Another part of the problem is state monopoly markets that mandate special coverages whether you want to buy them or not. This is as stupid as allowing states to specify that all new cars sold in Georgia have to have GPS so nobody get lost. Now thats cool if you run a GPS biz, but sucks if you have a map biz.

And the strangest part is the insane Government/Insurance negotiated prices where if you walk into a hospital without insurance it costs you something like $1,000 a night, but they buy in bulk and get the same room for something like $300. Maybe we need to get William Shatner and Priceline working on this.

The fundamental problem is that they have destroyed most of the market elements of the healthcare system. No wonder it is functioning poorly. But I hardly see the wisdom in giving the people who screwed it up more say in how it works. Thats like trying to cure a drunk by buying them another case of booze.
All excellent points, and they cut right to the heart of the problem.

The "reform" proposals currently on the table attempt to address coverage expansion, not cost containment --and do not even address tort reform in any meaningful way. The senate bill's pushers have to resort to Enron-style accounting to keep their 10-year cost estimates below a trillion bucks. Even Warren Buffett, perhaps the non-political world's best-known liberal Democrat and Obama supporter, said it would be preferable to address cost-control first.

It's a sad state of affairs when a grocery store CEO, of all people, offers a far better set of proposals than our political leaders:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...072865070.html

I believe the main reason the idea's supporters are having difficulty making their case to the public is that few people trust their analysis. Most everone has heard that the budget estimates involve tricks, gimmicks, and unrealistic expectations of Medicare cuts.

If I were to try to drum up interest in any of my private equity offerings by rolling out such phony numbers, I would risk being indicted and arrested.
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:16 AM   #97
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
All excellent points, and they cut right to the heart of the problem.

The "reform" proposals currently on the table attempt to address coverage expansion, not cost containment --and do not even address tort reform in any meaningful way. The senate bill's pushers have to resort to Enron-style accounting to keep their 10-year cost estimates below a trillion bucks. Even Warren Buffett, perhaps the non-political world's best-known liberal Democrat and Obama supporter, said it would be preferable to address cost-control first.

It's a sad state of affairs when a grocery store CEO, of all people, offers a far better set of proposals than our political leaders:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...072865070.html

I believe the main reason the idea's supporters are having difficulty making their case to the public is that few people trust their analysis. Most everone has heard that the budget estimates involve tricks, gimmicks, and unrealistic expectations of Medicare cuts.

If I were to try to drum up interest in any of my private equity offerings by rolling out such phony numbers, I would risk being indicted and arrested.
Exactly. It is ass backwards. They want to grow a backwards systems before fixing it. I didn't read the grocery store article, but by way of analogy, it would be like a chain of unprofitable grocery stores deciding their plan is to expand instead of fixing their operations and figuring out how to make profit.
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:29 AM   #98
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
The fundamental problem is that they have destroyed most of the market elements of the healthcare system. No wonder it is functioning poorly. But I hardly see the wisdom in giving the people who screwed it up more say in how it works. Thats like trying to cure a drunk by buying them another case of booze.
Actually my analogy here is wrong. They aren't attempting to cure this drunk, they are just filling it with coffee. And as we all remember from experience, the net result is a WIDE AWAKE drunk, not a sober one.
pjorourke is offline   Quote