Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70399
biomed160419
Yssup Rider59882
gman4452905
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47486
pyramider46370
bambino40300
CryptKicker37074
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35271
Mojojo33117

Old 06-02-2016, 10:57 PM   #1
StopShort
Valued Poster

Default Probate law help--Houston

My grandmother passed away back in March. I am one of the executors of her will. The other executor is my older brother who passed away back in 2011. My grandmother never updated her will.

The issue I'm having is not the will. She had a safe deposit box that she didn't add either of us as a signer. Now that she's passed on, the bank has basically said that we will have to get a lawyer and go to probate court just to retrieve the items in her box. I need legal help getting that done or at least some legal advice on what I need to do since I'm the sole living executor
StopShort is offline   Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:14 PM   #2
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

I'm not sure why you posted here. This is a board for issues related to the hobby. My advice to you is to talk to trusted family and friends to get a referral. If that doesn't work, contact the local bar association.
ShysterJon is offline   Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 04:30 PM   #3
Buying a *Way to Heaven
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Forge Granny's signature on a Power of Attorney and find a helpful notary to notarize it. Or dye your hair gray, buy a dress, and use Granny's ID to get into the box. Be sure to speak in quavering falsetto. Or, show up at the bank with an AK-47 and ask politely that they empty all the safe deposit boxes for you.

Your results may vary.
Buying a *Way to Heaven is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 04:20 PM   #4
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StopShort View Post
She had a safe deposit box that she didn't add either of us as a signer. Now that she's passed on, the bank has basically said that we will have to get a lawyer and go to probate court just to retrieve the items in her box. I need legal help getting that done or at least some legal advice on what I need to do since I'm the sole living executor
1. Go on line Harris County Clerk's Office.
2. Probate Courts
3. Forms
4. Look in there and find the ones to get an order for the safety deposit box.
5. You may be able to do it yourself, but you need to file her will with the clerk.
6. You need her death certificate and your brother's death certificate .. .certified copies of each one (you might get a couple of extras for later use).

http://www.cclerk.hctx.net/Probate/D...ble_Forms.aspx
LexusLover is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women