Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70408
biomed160545
Yssup Rider59914
gman4452927
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47532
pyramider46370
bambino40313
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35351
Mojojo33117

Old 03-26-2020, 04:48 PM   #76
oeb11
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretE View Post
This article?

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/17/...reliable-data/

He even states in the beginning...

Which pretty much mirrors my disclaimer that we need more information.

I also stated in another response nearly 2 weeks ago we don't fully know because we are behind on testing...

https://eccie.net/showthread.php?p=1061990314

My calcs are based on current known data, which probably will deviate somewhat, as we go along and test more people, and resolutions occur (recovery or death), but that 17-20% has to make one take a little pause and not dismiss this yet. To make any final conclusions on this is very premature still.

By the way, I just learned I have a close family member in NY who may have been infected (getting tested tomorrow), so I'm definitely rooting for the mortality rate to decrease and treatments to become more readily available, so we can all get back to somewhat "normal" sooner.

I do agree we have not enough data. The thrust of the article is to consider the undiagnosed asymptomatic and minimally symptomatic infected - which adds a huge number to the total in figuring out the case mortality rate.

We do not have that number - but it is very likely less than 1% case mortality rate for Wuhan corona virus.

And less than that of the Influenza A virus.

You have my prayers for your family member!!
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:40 PM   #77
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
Wouldn't death from Pneumonia be a natural cause?
The US doesn't put "natural causes" as cause of death anymore on the death certificate.

My point being people who died of pneumonia 3 months ago could of had COVID19
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 07:01 PM   #78
eccielover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
The US doesn't put "natural causes" as cause of death anymore on the death certificate.

My point being people who died of pneumonia 3 months ago could of had COVID19
In most of these situations, they are throwing darts at the board as to actual "cause" of death.

If they have any indication of the Wuhan Virus it's automatically being deemed the underlying cause of death. While when it's the ordinary flu, it's pneumonia possibly aggravated by the flu.

The numbers are immediately being skewed by the DemPanic.
eccielover is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:16 PM   #79
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

you guys seem to think "Liberals" run the World.. any hint of trouble is a Democratic conspiracy, Fake news, all designed to oust Trump from office. constantly looking over your shoulder.

people just want to live their lives.. get over yourselves. nobody cares enough about Trump to silently mobilize like you think they have. every God Damn thread is about defending Trump, or railing against the conspiracy to fuck over his Presidency. grown men constantly worrying that their King is not being worshipped.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:24 PM   #80
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
you guys seem to think "Liberals" run the World.. any hint of trouble is a Democratic conspiracy, Fake news, all designed to oust Trump from office. constantly looking over your shoulder.

people just want to live their lives.. get over yourselves. nobody cares enough about Trump to silently mobilize like you think they have. every God Damn thread is about defending Trump, or railing against the conspiracy to fuck over his Presidency. grown men constantly worrying that their King is not being worshipped.
Actually numbnuts, over half the threads are bashing Trump. But then again, you reside in an alternative universe.
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:29 PM   #81
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11 View Post
I do agree we have not enough data. The thrust of the article is to consider the undiagnosed asymptomatic and minimally symptomatic infected - which adds a huge number to the total in figuring out the case mortality rate.

We do not have that number - but it is very likely less than 1% case mortality rate for Wuhan corona virus.

And less than that of the Influenza A virus.

You have my prayers for your family member!!
Pertaining to that: https://www.wsj.com/articles/is-the-...ay-11585088464

The cheap/fast antibody test is crucial. We have no idea what we’re even up against.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:33 PM   #82
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

do any of you listen to Kris Kroc on WBAP, late nights?

he is far to the right on almost every issue, yet even he decries the lack of local Counties taking the virus seriously. he has been railing the last few nights about Colin County, how backwards their county leaders are, how their inaction will set Tarrant, Dallas, and Denton efforts back.

I saw Colin County got a spike in cases today, maybe they'll wake the Hell up.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:44 PM   #83
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacuzzme View Post
Pertaining to that: https://www.wsj.com/articles/is-the-...ay-11585088464

The cheap/fast antibody test is crucial. We have no idea what we’re even up against.
Absolutely. One thing the doctors who wrote your article didn't mention -- I understand you can combine the antibody test with another test and identify people who've been exposed to the virus but are no longer contagious. A small investment in testing can get them back in the workforce. It doesn't matter whether you believe this thing is huge or a hoax. It's crazy we're not putting more effort into testing.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 01:37 AM   #84
badderdude
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 34

Russians wanted Trump and we got him. Aint that punishment enough?
badderdude is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 01:45 AM   #85
badderdude
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 34

March 25th 18 texas deaths. Yeah this is nothing to worry about. Oh,and 1400 confirmed cases.
badderdude is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:33 AM   #86
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:

The taxpayers fund sex reassignment surgery for prisoners, gay men can marry each other, cars that can get 40 miles on one gallon of gasoline are considered polluting since they have any emission whatsoever, merely having a differing opinion on racism makes you a horrible and deplorable racist, conservatives on college campuses merely stating an opinion are considered to be promoting hate speech, not believing every claim of rape makes you an accomplice, and hiring too many white men is illegal - and you say liberals don't run the world?
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:35 AM   #87
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Absolutely. One thing the doctors who wrote your article didn't mention -- I understand you can combine the antibody test with another test and identify people who've been exposed to the virus but are no longer contagious. A small investment in testing can get them back in the workforce. It doesn't matter whether you believe this thing is huge or a hoax. It's crazy we're not putting more effort into testing.
That’s exactly what the antibody test does.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:09 AM   #88
oeb11
Valued Poster

An antibody test merely identifies antibodies in the blood to an antigen - a characteristic protein.

Antibody tests supply an antigen to see if the serum antibodies react to it.

Antibody test identifies an immune reaction to a foreign protein - usually an indication of infection.

Antibody tests cannot discern whether a patient is shedding virus - if a patient is symptomatic - One assumes they are infectious and shedding virus.

No good way to tell easily whether an asymptomatic patient is shedding virus - for the wuhan virus.

That requires the development of specific antigen tests - which - to my knowledge - are not now available.

Antigen tests for some other viruses are available. They do not cross-react with the Wuhan corona virus

please understand this post is a generalization and simplification for lay folk of a complex immune system problem.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:30 AM   #89
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
do any of you listen to Kris Kroc on WBAP, late nights?

he is far to the right on almost every issue, yet even he decries the lack of local Counties taking the virus seriously. he has been railing the last few nights about Colin County, how backwards their county leaders are, how their inaction will set Tarrant, Dallas, and Denton efforts back.

I saw Colin County got a spike in cases today, maybe they'll wake the Hell up.
Let's get more theoretical. What happens when Dallas County is "clear" and we import people from other countries who turn up positive for COVID19? Are we going to shut down everything again for months?

The only way to handle this is, since we don't have a vaccine or a cure, is to build up herd immunity by letting the disease run its course. There are things we can do but I'm past "shutting everything down".

Now stop being a little bitch. Be thankful its only killing old people and people with underlying conditions and not children. It's called "life." Stop panicking.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:32 AM   #90
Missburger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

dallas is a bout to get hit

its coming
Missburger is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women