Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > The Sandbox - San Antonio
The Sandbox - San Antonio The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70426
biomed160661
Yssup Rider59984
gman4452939
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47592
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35417
Mojojo33117

Old 02-20-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
collegegirlforyou
Valued Poster

My ECCIE Reviews
Default My 100st post!!!! So lets talk GUNS, GUNS, GUNS!!!!!

My 100st post of course had to be in the sand box and be somewhat within the range of politics. LOL. Lately watching the news has been depressing because it constantly reminds me how insane America has gotten. People always think that I’m a hardcore right wing nut because I disagree with 99% of what liberals do, but they don’t realize I don’t agree with about 30% of what republicans do either. I can’t call myself a libertarian because of the foreign policy of libertarians so I’m stuck just calling myself a citizen of this country wanting the best for it and using common sense and rational thought to decide what I support. This is the number one reason why I can never be a liberal. I don’t understand why they make their politicians into deities. Watching the media scoff at Rubio for taking a drink of water while he was speaking and calling that a career-ender while they refuse to address Fast and Furious, Benghazi, the hidden costs to the middle class in Obamacare, The failure of gun free zones, the kill list, the narcissistic behavior of the president, is why leaning left is not appealing to me. I believe in a two party system for it’s a necessity to insure checks and balances, but it’s not fair to Americans for the media to be so biased. Liberals wouldn’t be so bad if they didn’t get away with everything, but its school yard mentality, if the bully takes the lunch money and gets away with it tomorrow he’ll do it again and get progressively worst. If the media would take on both sides of the aisle equally and held both parties accountable for their decisions, mistakes, triumphs, and victories then our country would be a better place and politicians would actually have to serve Americans or be kicked out on their ass.
With all that being said the current media injustice is their push for greater gun control. There’s a few no brainer, common sense, logical thoughts that would serve anyone well when they think about the need for more and stricter gun control….
1) Violent CRIMINALS don’t care about laws, hence the name, criminals…..so strict gun laws do not pertain to criminals just the people who abide by the law.
2) Assault weapons sound and look scary but often time and especially in close quarters shotguns are deadlier and the wounds can be much more devastating.
a. A Joint Service Combat Shotgun Program report on the lethality of shotguns in war states, in support of the use of the shotgun in warfare stated that… "the probability of hitting a man-sized target with a shotgun was superior to that of all other weapons" So why all the fear of assault weapons when shotguns are just as or deadlier then them. It’s because of the PR part of the liberal con. It’s easier to scare people showing pictures of military style weapons and they can conjure up more emotional reaction.
3) A 30 rd magazine sounds and looks scary but it doesn’t take much time to reload 3 10 rd magazines. Again going for emotional reaction rather than rational sense.
4) Most mass shootings happen in gun free zones. There has been times someone tried to do something in an area where citizens are allowed to carry firearms and the bad guy ends up dead quick.
5) Shooting bad guys cut down on repeat offenders!!
6) If we outlawed all guns, you would have to rely on law enforcement to be your only line of defense, and a lot of times that will work, but have you ever called 911 and waited 20 mins for the cops to get there? 20 mins is an eternity when your life is in peril. And crime is worse in gun free areas so the cops would be guaranteed to be busy.
7) The right to defend your life and the life of your loved ones is the most basic and undeniable right you have. No government should be able to hamper your right to protect yourself from those who mean you harm.
8) Violence is increasing in this country but it’s not because of firearms. It’s because of our judicial system that favors the criminals and makes light of violent crimes. If you wanted to cut down on gun violence it would be relatively simple: Make using a firearm in the commission of a felony an automatic 20 year sentence that cannot be reduced, plea bargained, or thrown out on top of whatever sentence comes with the felony when found guilty. Bad guys will still be bad guys but less of them will be using firearms if instead of serving 5 years for robbing a liquor store they end having to serve 25 years for robbing a liquor store with a gun. PUNISH THE BAD GUYS!!! Put violent people where they belong and encourage education and training for average citizens to learn how to use firearms effectively and safely. Between a well-educated armed society and heavy penalties for committing violent crimes, I’m pretty sure that would cut down in violent crimes more than saying 30rd magazines are outlawed and those scary assault weapons are banned.
So yeah that’s my 100st rant. LOL. I know a lot of people will disagree with me but it set me off yesterday when I looked at the front page of the USA today and on the bottom half of the page I read this headline: “Police now tell schools: As last resort, take out shooter. Arming teachers not advised, nor is cowering” REALLY???? Last resort? Take the shooter out!! Take a bad guy out before he takes the lives of our most precious of lives, children. We have armed guards to protect our money at every bank. I believe children are more important than money and thus should be protected more effectively. Put a bullet into these psychotic monsters before they take a life and stop letting the media make them into celebrities and encouraging more psychotic rejects desperate for attention to commit heinous acts of violence and malice. But then again the government and media aren’t really interested in protecting children….if so they wouldn’t ignore the amount of children whose lives are saved because someone used a firearm to stop a killer, and if the number of lives lost was actually a big deal why not ban alcohol????? 1350 children 14 years and younger died last year as a result of alcohol related accidents. 6000 teens 14 year old and older died last year in an alcohol related deaths. 2132 children under 14 were murdered by a family member while the family member was intoxicated. Seems the greatest threat to the lives of children is alcohol. No mention about those statistics, or mentioning the culture that rap music has reinforced in inner city communities to keep teens in a life with no future. But then again Obama really can’t be seen blaming rap music or alcohol….too many rappers and celebrities were on the campaign trail with him LOL. I won't even mention the hypocrisy of being pro abortion and then preaching about the sanctity of innocent lives...that may be considered a low blow for the morally confused and challenged left.

Thanks for reading and putting up with my rant!!! If you want to add something please do, if you’re going to be ugly then keep it to yourself.

p.s. I hate anyone who flies a flag at half-mast for celebrities…Chris Christie is a RINO, Half-mast should be reserved for those whose service to the nation will be missed and is appreciated. R.I.P Chris Kyle, a great American hero! Whitney Houston…a loser who had money, fame, and notoriety and pissed it all away with drugs and alcohol abuse…great example for future generations. Guess which one had more flags flying at half-mast around the country? The answer is disgusting.

collegegirlforyou is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:59 AM   #2
mwsatx
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

mwsatx is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #3
rockerrick
Account Disabled

Encounters: 63

Well technically our government isn't meant to only be a 2 party system , it works out that way do to corporate sponsoring and lobbying , etc ..... But yes we would certainly be in a world of hurt if either of the numbskull conventioneers were in complete control ! Congrats on your 100 th !
rockerrick is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #4
Tco11
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Well said, just another reason your sooo hott!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegegirlforyou View Post
My 100st post of course had to be in the sand box and be somewhat within the range of politics. LOL. Lately watching the news has been depressing because it constantly reminds me how insane America has gotten. People always think that I’m a hardcore right wing nut because I disagree with 99% of what liberals do, but they don’t realize I don’t agree with about 30% of what republicans do either. I can’t call myself a libertarian because of the foreign policy of libertarians so I’m stuck just calling myself a citizen of this country wanting the best for it and using common sense and rational thought to decide what I support. This is the number one reason why I can never be a liberal. I don’t understand why they make their politicians into deities. Watching the media scoff at Rubio for taking a drink of water while he was speaking and calling that a career-ender while they refuse to address Fast and Furious, Benghazi, the hidden costs to the middle class in Obamacare, The failure of gun free zones, the kill list, the narcissistic behavior of the president, is why leaning left is not appealing to me. I believe in a two party system for it’s a necessity to insure checks and balances, but it’s not fair to Americans for the media to be so biased. Liberals wouldn’t be so bad if they didn’t get away with everything, but its school yard mentality, if the bully takes the lunch money and gets away with it tomorrow he’ll do it again and get progressively worst. If the media would take on both sides of the aisle equally and held both parties accountable for their decisions, mistakes, triumphs, and victories then our country would be a better place and politicians would actually have to serve Americans or be kicked out on their ass.
With all that being said the current media injustice is their push for greater gun control. There’s a few no brainer, common sense, logical thoughts that would serve anyone well when they think about the need for more and stricter gun control….
1) Violent CRIMINALS don’t care about laws, hence the name, criminals…..so strict gun laws do not pertain to criminals just the people who abide by the law.
2) Assault weapons sound and look scary but often time and especially in close quarters shotguns are deadlier and the wounds can be much more devastating.
a. A Joint Service Combat Shotgun Program report on the lethality of shotguns in war states, in support of the use of the shotgun in warfare stated that… "the probability of hitting a man-sized target with a shotgun was superior to that of all other weapons" So why all the fear of assault weapons when shotguns are just as or deadlier then them. It’s because of the PR part of the liberal con. It’s easier to scare people showing pictures of military style weapons and they can conjure up more emotional reaction.
3) A 30 rd magazine sounds and looks scary but it doesn’t take much time to reload 3 10 rd magazines. Again going for emotional reaction rather than rational sense.
4) Most mass shootings happen in gun free zones. There has been times someone tried to do something in an area where citizens are allowed to carry firearms and the bad guy ends up dead quick.
5) Shooting bad guys cut down on repeat offenders!!
6) If we outlawed all guns, you would have to rely on law enforcement to be your only line of defense, and a lot of times that will work, but have you ever called 911 and waited 20 mins for the cops to get there? 20 mins is an eternity when your life is in peril. And crime is worse in gun free areas so the cops would be guaranteed to be busy.
7) The right to defend your life and the life of your loved ones is the most basic and undeniable right you have. No government should be able to hamper your right to protect yourself from those who mean you harm.
8) Violence is increasing in this country but it’s not because of firearms. It’s because of our judicial system that favors the criminals and makes light of violent crimes. If you wanted to cut down on gun violence it would be relatively simple: Make using a firearm in the commission of a felony an automatic 20 year sentence that cannot be reduced, plea bargained, or thrown out on top of whatever sentence comes with the felony when found guilty. Bad guys will still be bad guys but less of them will be using firearms if instead of serving 5 years for robbing a liquor store they end having to serve 25 years for robbing a liquor store with a gun. PUNISH THE BAD GUYS!!! Put violent people where they belong and encourage education and training for average citizens to learn how to use firearms effectively and safely. Between a well-educated armed society and heavy penalties for committing violent crimes, I’m pretty sure that would cut down in violent crimes more than saying 30rd magazines are outlawed and those scary assault weapons are banned.
So yeah that’s my 100st rant. LOL. I know a lot of people will disagree with me but it set me off yesterday when I looked at the front page of the USA today and on the bottom half of the page I read this headline: “Police now tell schools: As last resort, take out shooter. Arming teachers not advised, nor is cowering” REALLY???? Last resort? Take the shooter out!! Take a bad guy out before he takes the lives of our most precious of lives, children. We have armed guards to protect our money at every bank. I believe children are more important than money and thus should be protected more effectively. Put a bullet into these psychotic monsters before they take a life and stop letting the media make them into celebrities and encouraging more psychotic rejects desperate for attention to commit heinous acts of violence and malice. But then again the government and media aren’t really interested in protecting children….if so they wouldn’t ignore the amount of children whose lives are saved because someone used a firearm to stop a killer, and if the number of lives lost was actually a big deal why not ban alcohol????? 1350 children 14 years and younger died last year as a result of alcohol related accidents. 6000 teens 14 year old and older died last year in an alcohol related deaths. 2132 children under 14 were murdered by a family member while the family member was intoxicated. Seems the greatest threat to the lives of children is alcohol. No mention about those statistics, or mentioning the culture that rap music has reinforced in inner city communities to keep teens in a life with no future. But then again Obama really can’t be seen blaming rap music or alcohol….too many rappers and celebrities were on the campaign trail with him LOL. I won't even mention the hypocrisy of being pro abortion and then preaching about the sanctity of innocent lives...that may be considered a low blow for the morally confused and challenged left.

Thanks for reading and putting up with my rant!!! If you want to add something please do, if you’re going to be ugly then keep it to yourself.

p.s. I hate anyone who flies a flag at half-mast for celebrities…Chris Christie is a RINO, Half-mast should be reserved for those whose service to the nation will be missed and is appreciated. R.I.P Chris Kyle, a great American hero! Whitney Houston…a loser who had money, fame, and notoriety and pissed it all away with drugs and alcohol abuse…great example for future generations. Guess which one had more flags flying at half-mast around the country? The answer is disgusting.

Tco11 is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #5
Guest042015
Account Disabled

User ID: 38355
My ECCIE Reviews

The last picture is so fitting...

I agree with most of your rant CG4U, I find myself more closely aligned with the republicans, not that I would consider that a close alliance! I know for a fact that some of the teachers at my children's Elementary school have volunteered and taken the appropriate classes in order to carry on school property- which I am whole heartedly FOR. By god if somebody threatens a child in their safe place(be it home or school) somebody better take them out! For a little while my child was scared to go to school after the recent sandy hook fiasco, leaving teachers and myself to assure him that the Windows are actually bullet proof(they really are) and the reinforced metal doors in the entrys, along with certain other Saftey measures I will not disclose. I find it hard to believe in my small community that we don't have full time security, but then again the banks here don't either :-/

The gun regulations are futile, and unnecessary.... Guns are a good clean form of fun for most, less abused than alcohol. I can't imagine keeping the honest people honest, and having Damn near no recourse to keep the criminals honest-hmmm sounds like our current situation.

Ugh, I hate the politicians, two faced, back peddling, approval point wanting bastards..... Be a good person, try to do what your constituents want, serve your term, and get on with it.

Lovingly, ;-)
DD
Guest042015 is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #6
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

Congrats, my dear.

You obviously get it! Here's to you!
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:28 PM   #7
greenhorn1960
Valued Poster

Encounters: 48

spot on!
greenhorn1960 is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:50 PM   #8
Guest101114
Account Disabled

User ID: 51111
My ECCIE Reviews

Congrats on your 100th post CG4U(:

Won't get much into politics on this XXX board but.....a few opinions of mine.

The flag being flown at half staff for a fucking junkie makes me cringe at this nation.

Those "rappers" and "celebrities" were a huge part of gettin' him elected and re-elected.....young, stupid, lazy, punkass, uninformed (or should I say misinformed) America.

I think abortion should be a crime......like um, say, murder):

Thanks for the read.
Guest101114 is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #9
Jed Clampett
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 41

Well said CG4U!! Ill always be a responsible gun owner, and appreciate the right to keep and bear arms to defend myself.
Jed Clampett is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #10
Ms. Milani
Account Disabled

User ID: 110494
My ECCIE Reviews

I 100% agree with you!! Thank you!! Finally I know I'm not the only one with those views!! I don't get how people think we will be safer without weapons to protect ourselves from criminals who WILL be armed because they never cared about gun laws in the first place! Our government is very greedy and corrupt. This is no longer the land of the free. I admit though I am bit of a government conspiracy theorist and I believe that certain "incidents" were purposely done to enact these gun laws.
Ms. Milani is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #11
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegegirlforyou View Post
.... If the media would take on both sides of the aisle equally and held both parties accountable for their decisions, mistakes, triumphs, and victories then our country would be a better place and politicians would actually have to serve Americans or be kicked out on their ass.
I'm at work now and don't have time to read your whole thread (but i'm going to when I have time.)

But I whole heartedly agree with that statement.

And don't hold it against me that I listen to NPR and the BBC
Precious_b is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #12
satexasguy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Very well said.

I don't understand how liberals keep stating that gun control is the answer to violence when it has been proven over and over that gun crimes still exist in so called gun controlled cities such as Chicago.

And don't get me started on flying the flag half mast for Whitney Houston. That really pissed me off since I grew up in the military and served myself.

The media is a joke. If the republicans were the favored party the media would be focusing on them. Instead the media is biased towards the popular party and plays the sensationalism to an extreme.
satexasguy is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #13
extant51
Registered Member

I guess I'll weigh in as the liberal: Somebody's been watching too much Fox News. Hope that doesn't hurt my hobbying, I know this is a conservative state/town.
extant51 is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #14
Guest061613
Account Disabled

Encounters: 19

I am sooooooo turned on by you right now! I'm in love with your mind. You my darling are going to make somebody a wonderful wife.

I agree with you 100%. If they try to take my weapons from me. They're going to have to peel them from my cold dead hand. This Texan will shed blood for his right to bear arms. You can count on that.

I'm sure there is a lot of Mexican citizens that would love to have a weapon to protect their families when the bad guys are shooting up their houses. But you see, it is a legal to have a weapon or even ammunition in Mexico. But the cartel can get their hands on any weapon that they desire. They would probably think twice about lobbing grenades in the freaking movie theaters if an armed citizen was lurking around.
Guest061613 is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #15
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsa man View Post
But the cartel can get their hands on any weapon that they desire.
They get their guns from Obama.
Laz is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women