Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70407
biomed160507
Yssup Rider59908
gman4452920
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47516
pyramider46370
bambino40312
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35336
Mojojo33117

Old 10-19-2021, 05:52 PM   #31
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacuzzme View Post
Where were you last summer when doing exactly that was considered perfectly acceptable, so much so that the current veep would shill for your bail money on Twitter, and prosecutors would drop the charges if you did happen to get arrested?
They all should have been shot....in fact that kid, what's his name? Shot and killed one. If we go back and look....I'm sure you defended the shooter.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 06:22 PM   #32
NoirMan
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Again View Post
Hmmmm... But they DID burn out a couple
of Police houses.... kill a few cops
and actually chain closed the doors to
police houses and light them afire
- while people were inside.

Surely sounds like ATTEMPTED MURDER to me
and the conservative lads here.

But, NOT to you liberal lads, or for that matter
the liberal news media.

... And THAT is the difference between us.
Thank God.

### Salty
Sounds like some exaggeration there.

But if the attacked a police station or courthouse they government was well within its rights to shoot them.
NoirMan is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 06:50 PM   #33
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

It's a tragedy she died. You have a rabid crowd, about to break down a door that's between them and the Congressmen and staffers. Maybe Mike Pence is back there somewhere, the guy they say they want to hang from a tree. One of the crowd is yelling "Fuck the Blue." Another crawls through a window, and to the cop it looks like she's the first of many who are about to come pouring into the hallway. So he shoots her. Well, shit happens.

I definitely don't believe the officer deserves criminal punishment. Maybe he doesn't even deserve to be disciplined or moved to a position behind a desk. He was doing his job. Perhaps that's just me though. I don't believe the National Guardsmen at Kent State deserved prosecution either.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 07:41 PM   #34
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
They all should have been shot....in fact that kid, what's his name? Shot and killed one. If we go back and look....I'm sure you defended the shooter.
Of course I defended him, as I always would when someone is acting in self-defense.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 07:43 PM   #35
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
It's a tragedy she died. You have a rabid crowd, about to break down a door that's between them and the Congressmen and staffers. Maybe Mike Pence is back there somewhere, the guy they say they want to hang from a tree. One of the crowd is yelling "Fuck the Blue." Another crawls through a window, and to the cop it looks like she's the first of many who are about to come pouring into the hallway. So he shoots her. Well, shit happens.

I definitely don't believe the officer deserves criminal punishment. Maybe he doesn't even deserve to be disciplined or moved to a position behind a desk. He was doing his job. Perhaps that's just me though. I don't believe the National Guardsmen at Kent State deserved prosecution either.
Doing his job? She was unarmed and he gave no warning at all. That’s murder.
Old 10-19-2021, 07:45 PM   #36
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
If she was sticking her head through your bedroom window with a bunch of other fruitcakes beating on your wall....would you shoot first and ask questions later?
No. I’d prefer not going to jail for 20 years.
Old 10-19-2021, 07:55 PM   #37
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacuzzme View Post
Doing his job? She was unarmed and he gave no warning at all. That’s murder.
No warning????

HAHAHSHAHAAHHAAHAH!!!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 08:16 PM   #38
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
Are you DiPShiTing me?
ts Winn Dixie knows the true definition of DPST. D is for Dipshit.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 08:28 PM   #39
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Excerpts from

Officer who shot Ashli Babbitt during Capitol riot breaks silence: 'I saved countless lives'

In the chaotic minutes before he shot and killed Ashli Babbitt during the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, Lt. Michael Byrd focused his attention on the glass doors leading into the lobby of the House of Representatives chamber.

About 60 to 80 House members and staffers were holed up inside, and it was Byrd’s job to protect them.

As rioters rampaged through the Capitol, Byrd and a few other officers of the U.S. Capitol Police set up a wall of furniture outside the doors.

“Once we barricaded the doors, we were essentially trapped where we were,” Byrd said in an exclusive interview with NBC News’ Lester Holt, speaking publicly for the first time since the riot. “There was no way to retreat. No other way to get out.

“If they get through that door, they’re into the House chamber and upon the members of Congress,” added Byrd, who gave NBC News permission to use his name after authorities had declined to release it.

Byrd’s connection to what was going on outside and inside the building was his police radio. For several minutes, it crackled with a cascade of alarming messages.

There were shouts of officers down. Screams from his colleagues under attack by rioters with chemical agents. A report that an officer’s fingertips were blown off.

“It was literally broadcast over the air,” Byrd said. “I said, ‘OK, this is getting serious.’”

Soon a horde of demonstrators arrived. Byrd, a 28-year veteran of the Capitol Police, took a defensive posture with his gun drawn as rioters smashed the glass doors.

He said he yelled repeatedly for them to get back. But the mob kept pressing forward, and then a lone rioter tried to climb through one of the doors.

What happened next was captured on video: Byrd fired one shot, striking Babbitt in the shoulder.

Babbitt, 35, an Air Force veteran and ardent supporter of former President Donald Trump, fell to the ground; she died from her injuries later.

....For Byrd, who is Black, the incident turned his life upside down. He has been in hiding for months after he received a flood of death threats and racist attacks that started when his name leaked onto right-wing websites.

But in his interview with Holt, Byrd said he has no doubt that he made the right decision in light of the circumstances.

“I know that day I saved countless lives,” Byrd said. “I know members of Congress, as well as my fellow officers and staff, were in jeopardy and in serious danger. And that’s my job.”

....Byrd said he had no idea whether the person he shot was carrying a weapon. It was only later that night that he found out that the rioter was a woman who was unarmed.

Asked why he pulled the trigger, Byrd said it was a “last resort.”

“I tried to wait as long as I could,” he told Holt. “I hoped and prayed no one tried to enter through those doors. But their failure to comply required me to take the appropriate action to save the lives of members of Congress and myself and my fellow officers.”

....When Byrd started hearing reports of officers down, he didn’t know the extent of their injuries. At one point, Byrd said, an even more alarming message came over the radio: a report of shots fired, which he learned much later was false.

Byrd said that after he heard the radio chatter warning that rioters had breached the building, he rushed inside the chamber and instructed the House members to hide under their chairs and to stay away from doors and windows.

He said he told them that pipe bombs had been found in the vicinity of the building and that rioters were using weapons against officers. You need to gather your gas masks, Byrd said he told them.

....Byrd said he and the other officers quickly erected the makeshift barricade using every piece of furniture they could find.

“At that point is when I realized they’re here,” Byrd said, referring to the rioters. “The chants got louder. I couldn’t make out what they were saying, but it sounded like hundreds of people outside of that door.”

Video shot by a person in the crowd showed two officers posted in front of the door. Heavily outnumbered, they eventually stepped aside.

Byrd said he had no knowledge that any officers were there. Because of the furniture stacked on his side of the door, he also couldn’t make out how many people were on the other side or whether they were carrying weapons.

“It was impossible for me to see what was on the other side,” he said.

But he did see the person now known to be Babbitt start coming through the broken glass.

“I could not fully see her hands or what was in the backpack or what the intentions are,” Byrd said. “But they had shown violence leading up to that point.”

It was the first time Byrd had ever shot his weapon in his 28 years on the force. Over the next few minutes, he helped the House members evacuate the building. He said it wasn’t until later that night, when he got the chance to watch TV coverage, that he understood the full scope of the Capitol riot...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...lence-n1277736
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 08:56 PM   #40
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Excerpts from

Officer who shot Ashli Babbitt during Capitol riot breaks silence: 'I saved countless lives'

In the chaotic minutes before he shot and killed Ashli Babbitt during the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, Lt. Michael Byrd focused his attention on the glass doors leading into the lobby of the House of Representatives chamber.

About 60 to 80 House members and staffers were holed up inside, and it was Byrd’s job to protect them.

As rioters rampaged through the Capitol, Byrd and a few other officers of the U.S. Capitol Police set up a wall of furniture outside the doors.

“Once we barricaded the doors, we were essentially trapped where we were,” Byrd said in an exclusive interview with NBC News’ Lester Holt, speaking publicly for the first time since the riot. “There was no way to retreat. No other way to get out.

“If they get through that door, they’re into the House chamber and upon the members of Congress,” added Byrd, who gave NBC News permission to use his name after authorities had declined to release it.

Byrd’s connection to what was going on outside and inside the building was his police radio. For several minutes, it crackled with a cascade of alarming messages.

There were shouts of officers down. Screams from his colleagues under attack by rioters with chemical agents. A report that an officer’s fingertips were blown off.

“It was literally broadcast over the air,” Byrd said. “I said, ‘OK, this is getting serious.’”

Soon a horde of demonstrators arrived. Byrd, a 28-year veteran of the Capitol Police, took a defensive posture with his gun drawn as rioters smashed the glass doors.

He said he yelled repeatedly for them to get back. But the mob kept pressing forward, and then a lone rioter tried to climb through one of the doors.

What happened next was captured on video: Byrd fired one shot, striking Babbitt in the shoulder.

Babbitt, 35, an Air Force veteran and ardent supporter of former President Donald Trump, fell to the ground; she died from her injuries later.

....For Byrd, who is Black, the incident turned his life upside down. He has been in hiding for months after he received a flood of death threats and racist attacks that started when his name leaked onto right-wing websites.

But in his interview with Holt, Byrd said he has no doubt that he made the right decision in light of the circumstances.

“I know that day I saved countless lives,” Byrd said. “I know members of Congress, as well as my fellow officers and staff, were in jeopardy and in serious danger. And that’s my job.”

....Byrd said he had no idea whether the person he shot was carrying a weapon. It was only later that night that he found out that the rioter was a woman who was unarmed.

Asked why he pulled the trigger, Byrd said it was a “last resort.”

“I tried to wait as long as I could,” he told Holt. “I hoped and prayed no one tried to enter through those doors. But their failure to comply required me to take the appropriate action to save the lives of members of Congress and myself and my fellow officers.”

....When Byrd started hearing reports of officers down, he didn’t know the extent of their injuries. At one point, Byrd said, an even more alarming message came over the radio: a report of shots fired, which he learned much later was false.

Byrd said that after he heard the radio chatter warning that rioters had breached the building, he rushed inside the chamber and instructed the House members to hide under their chairs and to stay away from doors and windows.

He said he told them that pipe bombs had been found in the vicinity of the building and that rioters were using weapons against officers. You need to gather your gas masks, Byrd said he told them.

....Byrd said he and the other officers quickly erected the makeshift barricade using every piece of furniture they could find.

“At that point is when I realized they’re here,” Byrd said, referring to the rioters. “The chants got louder. I couldn’t make out what they were saying, but it sounded like hundreds of people outside of that door.”

Video shot by a person in the crowd showed two officers posted in front of the door. Heavily outnumbered, they eventually stepped aside.

Byrd said he had no knowledge that any officers were there. Because of the furniture stacked on his side of the door, he also couldn’t make out how many people were on the other side or whether they were carrying weapons.

“It was impossible for me to see what was on the other side,” he said.

But he did see the person now known to be Babbitt start coming through the broken glass.

“I could not fully see her hands or what was in the backpack or what the intentions are,” Byrd said. “But they had shown violence leading up to that point.”

It was the first time Byrd had ever shot his weapon in his 28 years on the force. Over the next few minutes, he helped the House members evacuate the building. He said it wasn’t until later that night, when he got the chance to watch TV coverage, that he understood the full scope of the Capitol riot...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...lence-n1277736
Sure tiny...but you're more versed on the law than Jonathan Turley...A DEMOCRAP!!

From the article as Professor Turley stated...

Turley makes another point which is rather important, not just for this matter, but as a general point for the future.
"If the DOJ and the Capitol Police are saying he was justified in shooting an unarmed trespasser, then are they saying that all the other unarmed trespassers who were there could just be shot as well, even without physically threatening an officer? That’s the logical extension of that conclusion — and that’s pretty troubling."

Jonathan Turley Calls out Concerning Comments by Ashli Babbitt's Shooter

By Nick Arama | Aug 28, 2021 3:15 PM ET

Ashli Babbitt at the Speaker's Lobby doors (Credit: Washington Post)
George Washington University law professor Jonathan Turley is raising questions about the shooting of Ashli Babbitt and making some of the same points that I made after I saw the interview on Thursday that Lt. Michael Byrd gave to NBC’s Lester Holt.

The media has largely ignored the questions about the propriety of the shooting, because they were against Babbitt’s political beliefs. But the same standards of whether an officer is justified when shooting should apply whoever the person shot is — be they Trump supporter or BLM person.
Just as an aside, I can’t recall even one BLM/Antifa person shot by a police officer in response to all the horribly violent things they did over the past year. As Turley points out, not one other officer who was present fired on any of the other rioters during the Capitol riot, despite other circumstances in which some were, in fact, attacked by rioters.
The question should be: is the person a threat justifying the use of deadly force? You don’t get to shoot someone for being an unarmed trespasser during a riot. In the case of Babbitt, she was unarmed, as far as we know, hadn’t attacked anyone, was standing outside the door with multiple other officers, who she had not attacked or hurt. She was climbing through a window when she was shot, not physically threatening Byrd or others.
Turley notes how the DOJ review was not saying that Byrd was clearly justified. Instead, it was saying he didn’t have a “bad purpose” behind his actions.
From The Hill:
I have long expressed doubt over the Babbitt shooting, which directly contradicted standards on the use of lethal force by law enforcement. But what was breathtaking about Byrd’s interview was that he confirmed the worst suspicions about the shooting and raised serious questions over the incident reviews by the Department of Justice (DOJ) and, most recently, the Capitol Police. [….]
At the time, some of us familiar with the rules governing police use of force raised concerns over the shooting. Those concerns were heightened by the DOJ’s bizarre review and report, which stated the governing standards but then seemed to brush them aside to clear Byrd.
The DOJ report did not read like any post-shooting review I have read as a criminal defense attorney or law professor. The DOJ statement notably does not say that the shooting was clearly justified. Instead, it stressed that “prosecutors would have to prove not only that the officer used force that was constitutionally unreasonable, but that the officer did so ‘willfully.’” It seemed simply to shrug and say that the DOJ did not believe it could prove “a bad purpose to disregard the law” and that “evidence that an officer acted out of fear, mistake, panic, misperception, negligence, or even poor judgment cannot establish the high level of intent.”
Translation: even if it was fear and poor judgement, too bad; they’re not going to go after him.
Byrd spoke to Holt after the internal reviews indicated that no one would be pursuing charges against him.
Turley continues:
Byrd described how he was “trapped” with other officers as “the chants got louder” with what “sounded like hundreds of people outside of that door.” He said he yelled for all of the protesters to stop: “I tried to wait as long as I could. I hoped and prayed no one tried to enter through those doors. But their failure to comply required me to take the appropriate action to save the lives of members of Congress and myself and my fellow officers.”
Byrd could just as well have hit the officers behind Babbitt, who was shot while struggling to squeeze through the window.
Of all of the lines from Byrd, this one stands out: “I could not fully see her hands or what was in the backpack or what the intentions are.” So, Byrd admitted he did not see a weapon or an immediate threat from Babbitt beyond her trying to enter through the window. Nevertheless, Byrd boasted, “I know that day I saved countless lives.” He ignored that Babbitt was the one person killed during the riot. (Two protesters died of natural causes and a third from an amphetamine overdose; one police officer died the next day from natural causes, and four officers have committed suicide since then.) No other officers facing similar threats shot anyone in any other part of the Capitol, even those who were attacked by rioters armed with clubs or other objects.
Additionally, as I previously reported, Byrd admitted he didn’t know whether she was armed or not, and that not being armed wouldn’t change his actions. That was a pretty stunning comment. So, he isn’t even arguing he shot her because he thought she was armed or could have been armed. Plus, as I previously said, there were tactical officers right behind Babbitt who had just come up the stairs, who likely were coming to replace the Capitol Police officers who had been in front of the door.
So no, Byrd didn’t even have to shoot her, since those officers would have been there to defend the floor literally within a second. He didn’t really “save lives,” since she didn’t appear to be threatening anyone, but he did take one. As a 28-year officer, is there no other way he’s learned to stop a small, unarmed woman trespasser — other than shooting her?
This interview really did him no favors, even if he thinks he is in the clear from any prosecution.
This is also an officer who has a bit of a history: leaving his service gun in a bathroom in the Capitol Visitor Center. It was later found by a security sweep later night, as Politico reported.
Byrd at the time said that with his rank as a lieutenant and his role as commander of the House chambers section, he told his colleagues that he expected to “be treated differently” in terms of consequences. Byrd did remain on the job in the days after his weapon was discovered.
Turley makes another point which is rather important, not just for this matter, but as a general point for the future.
If the DOJ and the Capitol Police are saying he was justified in shooting an unarmed trespasser, then are they saying that all the other unarmed trespassers who were there could just be shot as well, even without physically threatening an officer? That’s the logical extension of that conclusion — and that’s pretty troubling.
bb1961 is online now   Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 08:59 PM   #41
Salty Again
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirMan View Post
Sounds like some exaggeration there.

But if the attacked a police station or courthouse they government was well within its rights to shoot them.
... No exaggeration there, mate.

Come to mention, Tucker Carlson surely must o'
saw me post earlier and talked about this evening
on the telly. Some o' you lads mighta saw that.

Tucker didn't mention "Salty" or "the post on Eccie"
or nothing - he just talked of the BLM riots that
happened last year and what the protestours did.

Now I don't mind the fact that Tucker didn't
give me a shout-out and what-not, as Eccie
aint really for the main stream.

.... But go and check-about for his piece on
the destructive riots and the media's softness
concerning them.

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 09:07 PM   #42
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

User ID: 123904
My ECCIE Reviews

Here's the thing-- if you attempt to breach the grounds of the White House without permission and clearance to be there.. even if you are unarmed... you can be shot on sight.

If I climb through an open window in your home-- even if I am unarmed-- in many states, you can shoot me on sight.

Why are we so big on "just comply with the law and these things won't happen" until its someone we deem as "on our side"?
Grace Preston is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 09:25 PM   #43
NoirMan
Valued Poster

Because they are hypocrites Grace, you know that.
Old 10-20-2021, 08:05 AM   #44
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

^^ Maybe BUT -- investigation and GRAND JURY ,,to see is any charges are warranted Hmm ,
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 08:45 AM   #45
NoirMan
Valued Poster

Not a maybe, for sure hypocrite.

As to investigating, what’s to investigate? Was she trying to breach a window in the Capitol. Was the Capitol under attack at the time? Were others bashing at the doors? Was his charge to protect members of congress?

Shit even you can answer these questions.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women