Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160459
Yssup Rider59884
gman4452912
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47496
pyramider46370
bambino40304
CryptKicker37077
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35292
Mojojo33117

Old 03-28-2011, 11:08 AM   #46
Camille
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 511
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
word
Can you stop turning every thread into a rant about liberals?

Cheers
Camille is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:24 AM   #47
guest010613
Account Disabled

Encounters: 20
Cool You CAN Do It

My folks were both college professors, but they been raised on ranches. So I got plenty of advanced 3Rs, but also lots of hands-on in every manual task needed on a Ranch. Cooking, farming, taking care of animals, auto and home repair, etc. I thanks God for that training almost daily, as it always helps with something; often just reasoned thought and problem-solving. Of course, being able to solve freshman physics problems in 6th grade didn't hurt, either LOL!

But maybe the most important thing was respect - for everyone. Good manners and polite behavior are still the most useful tools I have ever used, and Mom taught those lessons daily. I miss her sooooooo much.
guest010613 is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:26 PM   #48
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille View Post

Cheers
Yeah, this is a SHMB. We should be talking about liberal sex.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:07 PM   #49
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
Yeah, this is a SHMB. We should be talking about liberal sex.
Word!
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:42 PM   #50
Camille
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Ok, not quite liberal sex but as near as you are going to get to it when "parents" are mentioned in the same sentence...

When I first started going out to clubs etc (about 17), my dad pulled me to one side and told me that under no circumstances could I stay out all night. He made clear that if he was forced to sit up all night worrying about me there would be hell to pay..and it would last a full twelve months. What he did say was that if I met someone I could bring them home. I was really shocked at this because my pops was very territorial about us girls..more so than most. He assured me though that he was being truthful and that no questions would be asked and the man (or more pointedly at that age "boy") would be treated politely. I thought it was brilliant that he was so liberal. My friends were staggered and rather envious.
Of course, he was calling my bluff. He knew that no guy in his right mind would want to meet the parents of a girl he hadn't even taken on a first date....and would not believe there to be one OUNCE of truth in the promise pops had made. Hahaha. It was a pretty good way to keep me out of trouble in the initial throes of navigating the combination of alcohol and boys...probably why I was a late bloomer

C
Old 03-28-2011, 05:16 PM   #51
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

I guess the overall thing my Dad taught me was the "Law of Consequence".

No matter what happened to me...good or bad...fair or unfair...just or unjust...I had some role in it's outcome. If one can believe such is true...it helps you to plan, plan, plan...and then react swiftly if the plan doesn't work.
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:48 PM   #52
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
Yeah, I had distant relatives like this. The parents had twin girls about my age. The parents dressed dishevedly, their house was a rat and vermin magnet, and they were packrats. You didn't walk into their house so much as you followed the paths around the somewhat stacked mountains of junk.

The twin girls were always impeccably dressed, clean, intelligent, and spoke with culture and awareness. Both played orchestra instruments. IMHO, they recognized from an early age how antisocial their parents were, and intentionally modeled anyone other than they're parents.

Cousin Eddie (Randy Quaid) from Vegas Vacation
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:38 PM   #53
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille View Post

Cheers
That's why trolls exist. What other reason would he have to be here??
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:39 AM   #54
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Both of my parents had already graduated from college prior to the two of them getting married in 1939. Mom was a teacher, therefore she placed a tremendous amount of emphasis upon the value of a quality education.

For the most part Mom was the parent and Dad the enforcer. Dad worked for an oil company and travelled extensively. My two older sisters and I knew that if we did something really bad while Dad was away, there would be tense moments when he returned home!

Dad was also a fairly good athlete who played two sports while in college. He went on to play a couple of years of professional baseball prior to WW II bringing his athletic career to an end. The greatest lessons learned from Dad: discipline, work ethic and teamwork (in no particular order)!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:56 AM   #55
Sabrina Morgan
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 70726

1. How to assess a situation and react - more importantly, she taught me at a young age that I could assess a situation and react, and that my judgment was worth trusting.
2. To (and when to) question authority.
3. To respect and learn about another's beliefs, even if they're not mine. I've had a lot of great conversations this way.
4. How to budget, research, shoot, cook, flirt, tell the truth, and dance.

My mother is essentially a Swiss Army knife. I've tried to follow suit.
Sabrina Morgan is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:37 AM   #56
ClairJordan
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 47636
My ECCIE Reviews

My 3 lame parents taught me not to be weak like they are and to ALWAYS make my own money and never depend on anyone for anything. I hated being a kid. I felt totally powerless.
Oh well, life is fabulous now!! That's what therapy is for!!
ClairJordan is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:30 AM   #57
Camille
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
That's why trolls exist. What other reason would he have to be here??
I know, I know.
I actually don't mind thread hi-jacks..they can (sometimes) lead down some pretty interesting paths...but when it's the same hi-jack each time it's just boring.

C x

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women