Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70408
biomed160545
Yssup Rider59915
gman4452927
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47532
pyramider46370
bambino40315
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35352
Mojojo33117

Old 03-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #646
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojulay View Post
Wrong again. The good old Primordial Ooze, Lightening Strikes, Chemical Reactions, were all part of the Theory Of Evolution until "oops" we can't seem to reproduce the event in a lab, even with all our scientific know how, that doesn't look very good on our part, saaaayyy....I know, we'll just give that idea a different title and separate the two and maybe know one will notice.

Yeah, once they found out that even the simplest life forms were way more complex than they had ever imagined and they couldn't create them in a lab. What a convenient way of dealing with that little wrench in the machine.
You're just a COMPLETE ignoramus aren't you? Who is "they"? Was there some kind of conspiracy?

Do you have proof of ANYTHING you post? You almost NEVER post a link. You just make unsupported assertions that don't prove anything.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #647
bojulay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
You're just a COMPLETE ignoramus aren't you? Who is "they"? Was there some kind of conspiracy?

Do you have proof of ANYTHING you post? You almost NEVER post a link. You just make unsupported assertions that don't prove anything.
Of course it's a.....GASP......creationist website.

www.nwcreation.net/abiogenesis.html

Why don't you read what they have to say and copy it down
and refute it using the red letters for effect.

The red letters are purdy.
bojulay is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #648
Ducbutter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
I think the panspermia idea is fascinating, but I doubt it is true.

First, even if true, it doesn't explain the origin of life on the alien planet. All it does is change the physical location of the unknown occurrence. You still have to address the question "OK, if life on earth came from microbes on a planet in the Milky Way that were transported to earth on an asteroid, then how did the microbial life get started on the alien planet"?

The odds of life being spontaneously created on the alien planet would STILL be about 1 in X, where X is a number with 40,000 zeros behind it. But then, that planet gets blown apart and the microbes on the asteroid would somehow have to survive for millions of years drifting in the ice-cold vacuum of space with no oxygen and then surviving the blast of heat when it collided with the earth's atmosphere. Those odds are probably just as small as life being crated in the first place.
I agree with the idea that the odds of life spontaneously forming elsewhere would be the same as here. Unless there is some other place in the universe where conditions are more conducive. Clearly, I have no idea where that might be. Nor does anyone else for that matter. It is truly a fascinating subject.
As for the idea of organisms surviving the coldness of space, remember that after the emergence of life on the planet, earth went through the period geologists refer to as "snowball earth" so it is possible.
It's more of the same old story. The more we know the less we know.
I'm sure it's been said in this thread already but the plain truth is that science can tell us how but not why in many cases.
Einstein said that "Science without God is lame and God without science is blind."
Sums it up nicely for me.
Ducbutter is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #649
bojulay
Valued Poster

Quote:

First, even if true, it doesn't explain the origin of life on the alien planet. All it does is change the physical location of the unknown occurrence. You still have to address the question "OK, if life on earth came from microbes on a planet in the Milky Way that were transported to earth on an asteroid, then how did the microbial life get started on the alien planet"?

The odds of life being spontaneously created on the alien planet would STILL be about 1 in X, where X is a number with 40,000 zeros behind it. But then, that planet gets blown apart and the microbes on the asteroid would somehow have to survive for millions of years drifting in the ice-cold vacuum of space with no oxygen and then surviving the blast of heat when it collided with the earth's atmosphere. Those odds are probably just as small as life being crated in the first place.

Stop the presses!!! ExNYer actually made a post that makes some sense.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #650
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
Stop the presses!!! ExNYer actually made a post that makes some sense.
And you still haven't.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #651
forumguy456987
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

Your site cracks me up, boj. All that to say someone did it with their super powers and we should praise them?
forumguy456987 is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #652
bojulay
Valued Poster

Quote:

But alas, he still wasn't smart enough to see that he is
refuting his own belief in spontaneous generation at the
same time. (Would still be 1 in X, where X is a number with 40,000 zeros
behind it)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCFB2akLh4s

Damn!!! and I had such high hopes there for a minute, alas the
dream is gone.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:24 PM   #653
bojulay
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by forumguy456987 View Post
Your site cracks me up, boj. All that to say someone did it with their super powers and we should praise them?
Yes, feigning amusement at something that you can't really argue
with or have no counterpoints against is sometimes the best ploy
or tactic to use.

Also the use of elementary diminishing description.

I see you have employed both with the use of very few words.
Very good.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #654
forumguy456987
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

No, I'm just opting out of the argument. The people who need to know the points to the argument already do. And any other info has been established throughout the thread.
forumguy456987 is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #655
zerodahero
Account Frozen

Encounters: 41

Evolution? Intelligent Design? God did it all in 7 days?

7 & 40 were sacred numbers. I cant remember why 7 is a sacred number but 40 stones are used to build an altar
zerodahero is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #656
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
But alas, he still wasn't smart enough to see that he is
refuting his own belief in spontaneous generation at the same time. (Would still be 1 in X, where X is a number with 40,000 zeros behind it)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCFB2akLh4s

Damn!!! and I had such high hopes there for a minute, alas the dream is gone.
Shit-for-brains - those aren't my numbers, those are his numbers. i wasn't arguing the probability, only the LOCATION where the spontaneous creation occurred.

I have no idea what the probability is and neither did the persons who came up with the 1 in a huger number probability. He pulled that number out of his ass.

A one-in-a-trillion probability sounds very unlikely until you ask how many tests are being conducted in parallel and how fast. If a billion tests are occurring per second, you could expect that within a few hours, it is likely that the one-in-a-trillion event would have occurred at least once.

The same goes for all of the trillions of trillions of molecules that over the course of millions of years might finally see that one-in-a-number followed by 40 zeros finally occur.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #657
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Old 03-12-2013, 03:16 PM   #658
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Old 03-12-2013, 03:20 PM   #659
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Old 03-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #660
Ducbutter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:

I have no idea what the probability is and neither did the persons who came up with the 1 in a huger number probability. He pulled that number out of his ass.

I can assure you that Fred Hoyle didn't pull anything out of his ass. Hoyle was a prominent and highly respected astronomer and mathematician who gave name to the Big Bang theory developed by George Lemaitre. He was also an anti-thiest most of his life, much like Christopher Hitchens.
Ducbutter is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women