Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 01-23-2020, 08:46 PM   #151
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

I have many "friends" on Facebook who are politically Conservative and avid Trump supporters.

Can anyone tell me why the majority are so anti-Muslim? Today someone posted a meme showing House members Tlaib and Omar against a backdrop of the World Trade Centers afire on 9/11.

When I said "I have in no way forgotten (about 9/11) but to imply that either Tlaib or Omar share the same values as those who planned and executed the murder of thousands of people on 9/11 simply because they share the same religion is wrong."

the response was:

"what are u talking about? No, they didn’t pilot the plane but they empathize with the Muslims! Wake up! They ALL share the same ideology!"

Thinking like that is beyond my comprehension. Never have I heard someone considered Liberal express animosity like that towards religious or ethnic groups. Please explain.
Old 01-24-2020, 05:42 AM   #152
Dev Null
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Just Google "Republican Islamophobia". Here are a few examples:

https://theweek.com/articles/835177/...y-islamophobia

Not all Republicans have jumped on the anti-Muslim bandwagon. Former President George W. Bush spent much of his presidency calling Islam a religion of peace. The Texas Republicans who tried to kick a Muslim from their leadership ranks lost by a wide margin. And yes, Jeanine Pirro was briefly suspended for her anti-Omar comments.

But those are the exceptions. Mostly, Republican leaders have either been too cowardly to confront Islamophobia in their ranks, or in some cases, they've been happy to try to ride a wave of anti-Muslim prejudice to electoral success. Remember, Trump campaigned on a promised "Muslim ban."

https://religionandpolitics.org/2019...ican-politics/

The late Palestinian academic giant Edward Said, whose groundbreaking book Orientalism still illuminates how Arabs and Muslims are viewed in the Western world, once wrote, “I have not been able to discover any period in European or American history since the Middle Ages in which Islam was generally discussed or thought about outside a framework created by passion, prejudice, and political interests.” Although much of the meteoric rise of Islamophobia (and anti-Semitism) within American politics today squarely rests within the ideological political platform of the Republican Party, any intellectually honest conversation about Islamophobia must also concede that there also seems to be great disdain for Muslims within some prominent liberal political circles as well.

While the vast majority of conservative Islamophobia in the United States generally centers itself around an overall hatred of Islam, the specter of liberal Islamophobia seems to revolve around a disdain for the religious freedoms of Muslim citizens when they supposedly contradict with culturally relative Western liberal orthodoxies.

https://www.salon.com/2019/05/01/isl...020-elections/

Perhaps more importantly, the ISPU study shows that those who hold negative views of Muslims are the ones least likely to actually know one. Given that about only one in three white evangelicals reported knowing an American who is Muslim, this finding reinforces the idea that Islamophobia is based almost entirely on the proliferation of negative stereotypes absent any real-world knowledge. The analysts further found that knowledge of the religion of Islam often had an even greater impact in reducing Islamophobia than personal relationships with Muslims. This means that it is not necessary to have a Muslim friend to combat Islamophobia. It also suggests that when the religion is negatively portrayed for political ends to voters with no knowledge of the religion, voters may be more easily swayed to hold negative views.

So in short, ignorance, cowardice, and opportunism, and it's not just Republicans. It's just mostly Republicans, and not all of them.
Old 01-24-2020, 06:34 AM   #153
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Thank you Dev Null.

I in no way intended to imply that all Republicans are anti-Muslim. But from my experience the overwhelming majority of those who are anti-Muslim are Republicans.

I have traveled on vacation to the predominantly Muslim countries of Jordan, Turkey, Morocco, the UAE, Malaysia and Indonesia. I was in several of those countries by chance during Ramadan, the Muslim's most holy time of the year. At no time did I feel threatened or prejudiced against. I was treated with the utmost respect.

This country was founded based on freedom of religion. You would never know it.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:15 AM   #154
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

I think they mean "radical Muslims." There is a difference.
Islam is a religion of peace except for those that choose to interpret the Koran to fit their own purpose. Which is usually - Americans are the devils and must be destroyed. It's the same with any religion that has it's nut cases - Waco comes to mind. Johnstown is another one.
I don't like Talib and Omar - but it's not because of their faith.
I respect people of faith and I respect their right to practice their faith. Not all Democrats can say that. The case of the baker comes to mind. Thank God that America has freedom of religion....sorta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
I have many "friends" on Facebook who are politically Conservative and avid Trump supporters.

Can anyone tell me why the majority are so anti-Muslim? Today someone posted a meme showing House members Tlaib and Omar against a backdrop of the World Trade Centers afire on 9/11.

When I said "I have in no way forgotten (about 9/11) but to imply that either Tlaib or Omar share the same values as those who planned and executed the murder of thousands of people on 9/11 simply because they share the same religion is wrong."

the response was:

"what are u talking about? No, they didn’t pilot the plane but they empathize with the Muslims! Wake up! They ALL share the same ideology!"

Thinking like that is beyond my comprehension. Never have I heard someone considered Liberal express animosity like that towards religious or ethnic groups. Please explain.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:12 AM   #155
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
I think they mean "radical Muslims." There is a difference.
Islam is a religion of peace except for those that choose to interpret the Koran to fit their own purpose. Which is usually - Americans are the devils and must be destroyed. It's the same with any religion that has it's nut cases - Waco comes to mind. Johnstown is another one.
I don't like Talib and Omar - but it's not because of their faith.
I respect people of faith and I respect their right to practice their faith. Not all Democrats can say that. The case of the baker comes to mind. Thank God that America has freedom of religion....sorta.
Thank you for the response but I refer you to my original post on the subject and the comment made to me:

The people to which I am referring condemn ALL Muslims, not just the radical ones.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:18 AM   #156
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

Speed, that kind of reply reflects a lack of education.

Quote:
Thank you for the response but I refer you to my original post on the subject and the comment made to me:

The people to which I am referring condemn ALL Muslims, not just the radical ones.
Old 01-24-2020, 05:01 PM   #157
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Taking off socks to do the math...

Quote:

It all adds up - time to get new friends.
Old 01-24-2020, 06:13 PM   #158
Agent220
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27

Quote:

“Terrorists are not following Islam. Killing people and blowing up people and dropping bombs in places and all this is not the way to spread the word of Islam. So people realize now that all Muslims are not terrorists.”

“I am a Muslim and there is nothing Islamic about killing innocent people in Paris, San Bernardino, or anywhere else in the world. True Muslims know that the ruthless violence of so-called Islamic Jihadists goes against the very tenets of our religion.

Quotes by the late great Muhammad Ali.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:31 PM   #159
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Quote:
... It's the same with any religion that has it's nut cases - Waco comes to mind.
That is the most clear, concise, precise, perceptive comment you have ever made.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:31 PM   #160
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Speed, that kind of reply reflects a lack of education.
....AND the old ellen is back.
Old 01-25-2020, 06:05 AM   #161
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Question Diving in to the shallow end again?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev Null View Post
Just Google "Republican Islamophobia".

Apologies, getting older and prone to fuzzy memories, but wasn't the original observation about his liberal friends? But props to you for yet another nifty copy-pasta tirade.
Old 01-25-2020, 07:13 AM   #162
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
Apologies, getting older and prone to fuzzy memories, but wasn't the original observation about his liberal friends? But props to you for yet another nifty copy-pasta tirade.
My original comment was about my Conservative friends. I do not remember any of my Liberal friends on Facebook ever making negative comments about people based on color, religion, sexual preference or any other similar characteristics. Political comments yes.

The negativity, especially regarding Muslims, lies solely with my Conservative Facebook "friends".
Old 01-25-2020, 08:26 AM   #163
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default See equation #1

Quote:
The negativity, especially regarding Muslims, lies solely with my Conservative Facebook "friends".

Notwithstanding my disbelief in you're having conservative "friends", acquaintances maaaaybe, see my previous math solution: It all adds up - time to get new friends.
Old 01-25-2020, 09:43 AM   #164
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
Notwithstanding my disbelief in you're having conservative "friends", acquaintances maaaaybe, see my previous math solution: It all adds up - time to get new friends.
I do not pick and choose my friends based on their political beliefs. The old saying "Don't discuss religion and politics" comes to mind. I really don't even know the political leanings of most of my friends.

And if I do find out one's political leaning and it is different from mine, I don't care. Politics is a very small part of my life. However, if statements are made or posts are made which are either misleading or blatantly incorrect, I will respond.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:27 AM   #165
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Know the difference...

Quote:
The old saying "Don't discuss religion and politics" comes to mind. I really don't even know the political leanings of most of my friends.

Friend: a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
a member of the same nation, party, etc.
Acquaintance: a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.

A friend is exactly whom one talks to about religion and politics. Not to overlook internet monkey pooh flinging...
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women