Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70408
biomed160545
Yssup Rider59915
gman4452927
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47532
pyramider46370
bambino40314
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35351
Mojojo33117

Old 08-07-2020, 11:18 PM   #1
Little Monster
Valued Poster

Encounters: 109
Default Texas a Battleground State?

Could it really be? Texas being in the mix of states in play for Biden. If Biden were to win Texas and that is a HUGE "IF" the Whitehouse is gone for Republicans and most likely for a long time to come. "So goes Texas, so goes the Whitehouse"

If true, making Texas competitive for the Democrats would be the best thing Trump has ever done. Biden would have many paths to 270 if that were to happen. In my entire voting life (which dates back to 2000) I have never voted in a battleground state. The only other state I have voted in being Tennessee, which is probably deeper red than Texas.

I personally don't think Biden will pull it off, but if he were to come within 5 percent that will spell doom for the Republicans. And American would truly be great again!!!
Little Monster is offline   Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 10:23 AM   #2
stikiwikit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I think you are correct. I do, however, think Cornyn is a goner. And soon Lyin' Ted will be DOA as well.
stikiwikit is offline   Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 12:26 PM   #3
pleasurem
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Biden doesn’t even remember Texas... Dems are failures!!! No matter what you think!
One decent Democrat since 1960 and you think they are successful, GEEZ!!!
pleasurem is offline   Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 04:10 PM   #4
Little Monster
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stikiwikit View Post
I think you are correct. I do, however, think Cornyn is a goner. And soon Lyin' Ted will be DOA as well.
I would love to see Cornyn go down, but once again that may be a tall order. Cornyn isn't as much of a polarizing figure like Lying Ted. This is an election where people are going to vote for the guy who keeps quite and just does his job, not a loud mouth like Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleasurem View Post
Biden doesn’t even remember Texas... Dems are failures!!! No matter what you think!
One decent Democrat since 1960 and you think they are successful, GEEZ!!!

Case & point right here. The last two Democrat presidents we had were by and far better than any Republican president in recent history. No matter what you think. This coming November we will be successful at removing Trump, taking the Senate back, and making Texas competitive again after over 40 years. Deal with it.
Old 08-08-2020, 04:16 PM   #5
pleasurem
Valued Poster

Funny, Clinton was a favorable President, Obama was and is “ A FOOL “ Obama and Carter were not Presidential!!!
pleasurem is offline   Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 04:48 PM   #6
Little Monster
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleasurem View Post
Funny, Clinton was a favorable President, Obama was and is “ A FOOL “ Obama and Carter were not Presidential!!!
Well right now one would much rather be in Bidens position than Trumps. So are you not the least bit worried that a state like Texas is very much in play?
Old 08-08-2020, 05:49 PM   #7
GastonGlock
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

I'm very worried, especially if non-absentee mass mail-in goes live for some retarded reason. Voter ID is one of the things that keeps this state from being a runaway corruption pool like California and Illinois.

Generally I don't give a damn about the rest of the world's opinion, but even the Europeans the left wants to emulate so bad think Voter ID is a must-have for legitimate elections. This "it's racist" shit is a joke.
GastonGlock is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 06:30 AM   #8
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Doubtful Biden will win Texas. I have predicted for quite a while that Trump will not win Texas by the 9% margin he did in 2016, with the margin in 2020 probably being under 5%.

Texas is turning more blue each year. I predict in 2024 the state will vote Democratic, all things being equal. Once that happens, and Texas becomes a reliable blue state, it will be difficult for a Republican candidate to be elected POTUS. Texas, California, and NY, 3 of the 4 most populous states will be Democratic, and Florida is far from a reliable Republican state. I am not saying whether or not this is a good thing, just that it looks inevitable.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 09:37 AM   #9
stikiwikit
Valued Poster

Obama and Carter were not Presidential!!!

It defies any description, explanation as to why a Trump butt kisser can accuse any other president of not being presidential when your fool of a president is butt fucking his supporters constantly. When did all these people who support T. lose their sanity?
Old 08-09-2020, 01:34 PM   #10
Little Monster
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GastonGlock View Post
I'm very worried, especially if non-absentee mass mail-in goes live for some retarded reason. Voter ID is one of the things that keeps this state from being a runaway corruption pool like California and Illinois.

Generally I don't give a damn about the rest of the world's opinion, but even the Europeans the left wants to emulate so bad think Voter ID is a must-have for legitimate elections. This "it's racist" shit is a joke.

From what I've read there is little to zero evidence that there would be mass voter fraud if we did an all mail in election. That appears to be nothing more than Trump making stuff up, cause even he knows and has said himself that a mail in election would not go well for Republicans.

Here in Texas I worry a lot more about the gerrymandering that the Republicans love to do than anything else. In 2018 it backfired on them. But that may not always be the case.
Old 08-09-2020, 01:35 PM   #11
Little Monster
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Doubtful Biden will win Texas. I have predicted for quite a while that Trump will not win Texas by the 9% margin he did in 2016, with the margin in 2020 probably being under 5%.

Texas is turning more blue each year. I predict in 2024 the state will vote Democratic, all things being equal. Once that happens, and Texas becomes a reliable blue state, it will be difficult for a Republican candidate to be elected POTUS. Texas, California, and NY, 3 of the 4 most populous states will be Democratic, and Florida is far from a reliable Republican state. I am not saying whether or not this is a good thing, just that it looks inevitable.

Could not agree more with this post right here!
Old 08-09-2020, 05:23 PM   #12
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Monster View Post
From what I've read there is little to zero evidence that there would be mass voter fraud if we did an all mail in election. That appears to be nothing more than Trump making stuff up, cause even he knows and has said himself that a mail in election would not go well for Republicans.

Here in Texas I worry a lot more about the gerrymandering that the Republicans love to do than anything else. In 2018 it backfired on them. But that may not always be the case.
The ONLY reason Trump is fighting mail-in voting is because he believes it will benefit Democrats more than Republicans.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 06:36 PM   #13
GastonGlock
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Monster View Post

We don't have a large concerted effort like what is and other large countries do to smaller countries we bully, but we've got a lot of people who think they're slick:

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/...raud/74363966/

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/20...r-fraud-362072

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...twice-in-iowa/

https://justthenews.com/politics-pol...il-voter-fraud

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndwv/pr...election-fraud

https://apnews.com/bc8cd3b0a901480136b9af926a93df27

https://altoday.com/archives/28697-f...o-year-in-jail

https://www.nj.com/hudson/2019/06/de...n-hoboken.html

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...503-story.html

http://www.riograndesun.com/news/see...b47fb60e7.html

https://news.azpm.org/p/news-article...f-voter-fraud/
GastonGlock is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 02:06 PM   #14
stikiwikit
Valued Poster

Years and years ago, before most of you were born, I read a story about how in one precinct in Houston on the way to the voting center, or something like that, the ballot box was driven around for a couple of hours so it could be stuffed with fake ballots. Have you also heard the joke about the Mexican man walking down the street crying in south Texas. Someone asked what was wrong. He said that he was distressed because his deceased father came from the grave to vote for Lyndon but didn't come see him.

There are many ways to cheat if people want to. It is not just limited to mail in ballots. Also read the research that has been done on voting and the cheaters are a miniscule portion of the overall number of votes cast.
Old 08-10-2020, 05:03 PM   #15
TravelingTex
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stikiwikit View Post
...the Mexican man walking down the street crying in south Texas. Someone asked what was wrong. He said that he was distressed because his deceased father came from the grave to vote for Lyndon but didn't come see him...
That was a joke probably from Duval County, where three generations of Parrs held court as the Dukes of Duval County, from the 1890s until 1975. Their control was absolute, and influence extended throughout South Texas. The 1948 U.S. Senate election between LBJ and Coke Stevenson was not decided until after the infamous Ballot Box 13 was "discovered" in Duval County on the last day of the election, when Stevenson was ahead statewide. All the 202 votes had identical handwriting and ink, and all but two were for LBJ. LBJ won the statewide election, in which more than a million votes were cast, by 87 votes. He was sarcastically called "Landslide Lyndon".

Fortunately, we don't have that level of absolute control anymore, anywhere, including Chicago and Southern Louisiana. Mayor Richard Daley delivered Chicago votes for Kennedy in 1960, most people know. But Daley's Chicago or Parr's Duval County weren't as blatant as Plaquemines Parish and its king, Leander Perez. He reigned absolutely for nearly half a century, from the 1920s until his death in 1968. There, votes were "signed" in alphabetical order, and famous names such as Babe Ruth and Charlie Chaplin were in the voter lists.

Anyway, now we have multiple poll-watchers from different parties and organizations. We have roving TV crews. We have hair-trigger lawyers with pre-drafted writs of injunction, on call. There are still counties with caudillos and bosses, of course, and these surely influence elections, but nobody is a Duke any more.

Well, now you know or are reminded of some voting history. You may now resume your badinage.
TravelingTex is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women