Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Security Matters
Security Matters Personal security is of the utmost priority. Discussions regarding every aspect of personal security within the hobby can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70384
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452866
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47432
pyramider46370
bambino40285
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 06-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #1
the_lucky_saint
Valued Poster

Encounters: 75
Default Simple security issues that matter.

Guys and gals,

Just a few words about security from my 20 odd yrs of hobby:

Use a mirror for your email connections like Anonymizer or Tor so your emails cannot be traced back to you.

Buy a hobby phone, pre paid, with cash and register it with a fake name. (and not from your unprotected internet connection) Take it in the parking lot and scrub it on the asphalt until it looks like you just picked up an old phone from the "parking lot" and keep the sim card out of it until you use it.

Never pay with a CC, unless you want it tracked!

Remove the metadata tags from your pictures before you post them.

Turn the damn GPS on your iphone off, or any smart phone for that matter, before you head out.

If your car has lojack or onstar it can be tracked by someone telling those services that you are missing. Never be "missing"

Be safe people.

Don't PM me. Look it up on the internet.

Lucky
the_lucky_saint is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #2
tia travels
Let's Have A Great Year!

User ID: 1650
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Good reminders.
Thanks.
tia travels is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
plainjoe
Premium Access

Encounters: 100

To the great advice, add research, research, research...use this site and others to ensure that the provider is a provider (and not LE) and that she meets your expectations.

Stay safe, have fun!
plainjoe is offline   Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:00 AM   #4
jframe2
Valued Poster

Always a good idea to remind Hobbiest's and Providers on this subject.
Here is a little contribution from me on this subject-

How to Be A Successful Hobbiest
These are just Guidelines. Each person has to find his own level of security and procedures in this hobby!
Play safe, enjoy!

How to Use a Burnphone Wisely
- buy a burn phone (non-smart, pre-paid type) with cash.
- do not register/create an account with any pay-as-you go phones.
- always pay cash for more minutes.
- only turn on the burn phone when needed.
- turn on your phone approx 1-2 hours before appt.
- turn off your phone approx 1-2 hours after appt.
- do not store anything in contacts.
- delete your call history often.

- keep battery separate from the phone during down time.
- if you find an ATF, set up a Safe word for texting/emailing. Find a simple word you will both remember.

Other Useful Things-
- at a hotel incall, always put the security bar on the door and check the bathroom before placing the donation
- be aware if the hotel room has an adjoining door to another room, think about your surroundings and why would a provider get adjoining rooms.
- if stopped by LE, never allow them to search your vehicle. Immediately after LE has verified your ID, ask to leave. If you are detained, ask for an attorney and then say nothing no matter how they act to you.
- only carry your ID and a small amount of folding money on your person to a date. Leave all else in your vehicle.

- create a separate email account for the hobby and do not use the same handle from any Hobby site for your hobby email. Never use your personal or work email for the hobby. Ever!
- handle as much of your communication by email using an on-line web-browser.
- be aware your ISP is required to keep logs of sites you visit. Use a anonymous connection. Search the web for them.
- be aware your computer keeps records of every website you visit.
- if you are signed into facebook or other social media sites they may Slurp your contacts out of your computer. Yes "Slurp" is the technical term.
- programs like ccleaner, or evidence eliminator are useful to cover your tracks from your pc.
- if you have a car GPS and use it to map to a provider, CLEAR its history as well.
jframe2 is offline   Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:08 AM   #5
the_lucky_saint
Valued Poster

Encounters: 75

EXCELLENT additions jframe2

Remember, we, hobbyists, are protecting the good professional providers also.

Good hunt'in,

Lucky
the_lucky_saint is offline   Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #6
Sugar Bare!
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 138195
My ECCIE Reviews

- create a separate email account for the hobby and do not use the same handle from any Hobby site for your hobby email. Never use your personal or work email for the hobby. Ever!
- handle as much of your communication by email using an on-line web-browser.
- be aware your ISP is required to keep logs of sites you visit. Use a anonymous connection. Search the web for them.
- be aware your computer keeps records of every website you visit.
- if you are signed into facebook or other social media sites they may Slurp your contacts out of your computer. Yes "Slurp" is the technical term.
- programs like ccleaner, or evidence eliminator are useful to cover your tracks from your pc.

What say you of kaspersky pure please?? recycle shredder and key logger protection? private browsing?
Sugar Bare! is offline   Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #7
instfixer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

""""- be aware if the hotel room has an adjoining door to another room, think about your surroundings and why would a provider get adjoining rooms."""""

The whole idea is to remain invisible and not noticed-- that adjoining door is NOT a sound barrier at all.
Who in their right mind would get such a room.

Think pimp with baseball bat or C.O.P.S. behind that door

You see such a door run for your life!!!

instfixer is offline   Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #8
Sugar Bare!
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 138195
My ECCIE Reviews

i musta quoted wrong! still new to this site, but i am not new new! that is why it isn't up there! i am already aware of THAT! what i was asking IS if anyone has any comments on KASPERSKY PURE! for security on their lap-top!
Sugar Bare! is offline   Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #9
jframe2
Valued Poster

Sugar, I wrote and posted this after your above Post.
"What say you of kaspersky pure please?? recycle shredder and key logger protection? private browsing??

It is hard to answer product questions with any specificity on a forum. A lot of known's pop up such as the knowledge level of the user, the exact security the user is trying to achieve, etc.

Suggestions for a provider-
- get an unlimited data package for a smartphone and tether your laptop to the smartphone;
- never use the home or hotel wi-fi;
- get a thumbdrive or portable hard drive and use safehouse to create secure folders that are pass word protected. Keeps all your business stuff off of a laptop when it has to go to the shop. And all computers need fixing once in a while;
- always clean your computer with a good program, there are several that are free;
- if you are computer savvy, create a hidden OS virtually impossible to detect. Takes NSA/CIA grade forensic exams to locate the OS, but that does not necessarily mean it can be looked at.

If you want some more discussion Sugar, PM me, but I hope this helps you and others in this world of ours.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #10
jframe2
Valued Poster

What kind of security are you looking for on your laptop?
Virus protection or prying eyes?
Old 07-09-2012, 11:05 AM   #11
Sexy Latina Vanessa
SLV

User ID: 103878
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

One time I checked in at knights inn & I was given a room like that but no one in the front office told me It had an ajoining room. I worked all day there. I went there once because for the price it was very outdated.
Sexy Latina Vanessa is offline   Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:05 AM   #12
pmdelites
consulting for delites

Encounters: 122

wrt "burn phones"

may i suggest that when you want to dump it, instead donate it to a women's shelter or some non-profit org that can either use it or resell it.

and of course, wipe it completely clean of contacts, call history, texts, web history, etc.

imho, better than just trashing it and cluttering up the landfill w/ electronics.
or make jewelry out of it :^)
pmdelites is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women