Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 09-13-2018, 05:27 PM   #166
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT Pockets View Post
Hypocrisy is when the other side does the same or very similar thing.
I don't give a rat's ass which "side" is calling out the hypocrisy. They should be free to do so without anyone deeming the comparison off-topic.

You can argue false equivalence, just don't call it an infraction of the rules.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:30 PM   #167
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

It’s a pretty clear choice.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:36 PM   #168
kehaar
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Why did you decline to clarify this when wakeup asked you to? I am also curious to hear what you mean. If you think rules are being applied "asymmetrically" then it's important for you to speak up. For your own sake as well as everyone else's.
I was indicating as to what caused me to ask the question. My stance on this is clear, but irrelevant. He thoroughly answered my question, and I need no clarification.

I was thinking of starting a thread on race-baiting, bigotry, and asymmetric speech rules in a new thread, but I don't have the time, and it would be a pain in the rear for the moderators. Maybe later.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:49 PM   #169
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
It’s a pretty clear choice.
No, it's not. It's highly subjective. A can of worms. A Pandora's box. A rabbit hole that will kill this forum if we go down it.

You need to stop shouting "Whataboutism" every time someone points out how partisan and blind you are to the left committing the same/similar transgressions as the ones you accuse others of. You can't deal with that, so you demand a new rule that would squelch the right of others to call you out for such obvious hypocrisy.

But thanks for admitting you're the one pressuring wakeup to crack down on so-called "thread hijacking".
Old 09-13-2018, 07:58 PM   #170
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

I couldn't of said this better myself....of course,Lusty always says it better..I just love the way he says things!

Quote:
No, it's not. It's highly subjective. A can of worms. A Pandora's box. A rabbit hole that will kill this forum if we go down it.

You need to stop shouting "Whataboutism" every time someone points out how partisan and blind you are to the left committing the same/similar transgressions as the ones you accuse others of. You can't deal with that, so you demand a new rule that would squelch the right of others to call you out for such obvious hypocrisy.

But thanks for admitting you're the one pressuring wakeup to crack down on so-called "thread hijacking".
Old 09-13-2018, 09:46 PM   #171
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Quote:

I hate to burst your bubble, lustylad, but I have never pressured wakeup to crack down on thread hijacking. I don’t think I have ever mentioned thread hikacking to him. You’re either thinking of another poster or something else.

But I have and will continue call it to the forum’s attention when a thread appears to be deliberately hijacked, or when the basis of someone’s argument begins with “what about,” which is another way to divert the discussion. In fact, I’ve done it myself once or twice and even admitted it when I’ve done it.

I have as much influence as you do over the way the rules of this forum are enforced, which is precisely none whatsoever.

Further, I have no input into the rules of this forum.

I have been warned and pointed by wakeup when I’ve broken the rules, which is what I’m assuming you’re whining about. But I try hard not to break them, as I’m sure you also do.

I tried not to break the rules before the new ones were implemented. But every time I broke them, I got slapped with points and was banned once or twice or more over the years. And that was when we had basically no rules.

So stop whining so much and figure out how to play the game without breaking the rules.

You’re a smart guy and should be up to the challenge.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:58 PM   #172
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

WELL. it appears we have a new topic of the day .. "stay on topic".

while it appears i fared better than others for this hot topic .. i will say i got a warning only on this post.

https://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=1060898680&postcount=3

i don't quite get it since the OP himself asked for all topics. i coulda posted a Led Zep vid.

https://eccie.net/showthread.php?p=1...post1060898680

appears to be a judgement call. and overall i think the mod needs to erase the "Wild Wild West" and if out of the reborn ECC it comes off draconian well if you consider the WWW was always the only forum allowed for this direct attacks anywhere on ECC.

so people who might not have joined the WWW are now filtering in and know nothing they post will get a disparaging reply. if the rules have to be held close to the vest given what was the norm here it again it's better than no Political forum.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:06 PM   #173
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
I hate to burst your bubble, lustylad, but I have never pressured wakeup to crack down on thread hijacking. I don’t think I have ever mentioned thread hikacking to him. You’re either thinking of another poster or something else.

But I have and will continue (sic) call it to the forum’s attention when a thread appears to be deliberately hijacked, or when the basis of someone’s argument begins with “what about,” which is another way to divert the discussion.

Never mentioned thread hijacking? Seriously?

Here are 10 examples in the past month alone. And these are just the easiest ones to find. I don't have time to dig up the rest.

And by the way, yelling "Hi Jack!" is just another way of ducking the point and avoiding serious debate.

Quote:
Hi, Jack!
Quote:
Hi Jack!
Quote:
Hi, Jack!

LOL!
Quote:
Hi Jack!
Quote:
Hi Jack!
Quote:
Hi, Jack!
Quote:
Sounds like another case of "What Aboutism" IBH.
Quote:
The Whataboutism is strong in this post...
Quote:
WhatAboutism!
Quote:
The whataboutism is worse in the gun debate than any other.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:21 PM   #174
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Please reread what you accused me of and my denial. I didn’t deny posting “HiJack” when a thread appears to be hijacked. Or claiming “What Aboutism.” when the rebuttal to a point is to reply with a “what Aboutism.”

Quite to the contrary, I freely admitted and embraced doing it. And I will do it again.

Not one of those posts violated any rule of ECCIE or this forum.

No, you were whining that I was urging wakeup to change the rules about hijacking threads, which is patently false.

Quote:
Don’t waste your time proving something I freely admit.

Your accusations are baseless. Your quest is pointless. But your misguided hostility may not be. LOL!

Have a wonderful evening.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:33 PM   #175
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
I just read that one of our members here is upset that I didn’t crack down on thread hijacking.

If you really want Staff to issue infractions for thread hijacking, fine. Your wish is granted... from now on, be very careful what y’all post... hijacking points will add up VERY quickly...
^^^ Gee, I wonder which one of our members wakeup was talking about?

Could it have been the guy who has posted at least 10 times in the past month with his cutesy little "Hi Jack!" and "Whataboutism!" comments?

Naaahhh! Must be someone else!
Old 09-13-2018, 11:38 PM   #176
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Please reread what you accused me of and my denial. I didn’t deny posting “HiJack” when a thread appears to be hijacked. Or claiming “What Aboutism.” when the rebuttal to a point is to reply with a “what Aboutism.”

Quite to the contrary, I freely admitted and embraced doing it. And I will do it again.

Not one of those posts violated any rule of ECCIE or this forum.

so you agree that any of my replies like "#AboutWhatism and "I like MkickyD's coffee better than Starbucks" is inside the posting rules.

got it.

No, you were whining that I was urging wakeup to change the rules about hijacking threads, which is patently false.

Don’t waste your time proving something I freely admit.

Your accusations are baseless. Your quest is pointless. But your misguided hostility may not be. LOL!

Have a wonderful evening.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:58 PM   #177
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Quote:
^^^ Gee, I wonder which one of our members wakeup was talking about?

Could it have been the guy who has posted at least 10 times in the past month with his cutesy little "Hi Jack!" and "Whataboutism!" comments?

Naaahhh! Must be someone else!
Again, you’re barking up the wrong tree, man. Maybe wakeup will confirm that. Maybe it’s none of your business who complained to him. But it wasn’t me.

Grow up.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:14 AM   #178
lustylad
BANNED

"Grow up"? That's soooo rude and disrespectful!

Wakeup isn't going to confirm anything. That leaves you room to deny it. Except in your case the denial isn't plausible. Nobody else whines constantly about so-called thread hijacking.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:44 AM   #179
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

But that’s not what you accused me of, lustylad. is it?

You claimed I admitted doing something, which I didn’t do. The claim was either mistaken or a lie. I don’t give a rats ass what you want to call it. I’m not interested in humoring your little taunting game any more.

You won’t win this whatever you call it. It’s not a debate. It’s simply you accusing me and my defending myself.

Having fun?
Old 09-14-2018, 12:54 AM   #180
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

I smell a rat!

Lucy, yu gotz sum splainin ta doo
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women