Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Member Suggestions and Forum Requests
Member Suggestions and Forum Requests This site is being designed around our membership. Please share your feedback and give suggestions. Use this section to request new forums or changes/updates as well. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70443
biomed160787
Yssup Rider60156
gman4452955
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47651
pyramider46370
bambino40382
CryptKicker37102
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35514
Mojojo33117

Old 08-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
Luv4Fun
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6
Default Agree to "terms of use" EVERY TIME when logging in?

It's just a nit, but after years of hanging around here it annoys me so I'm asking... Do you really need us to check "I agree to the terms of use" check box every time we log in? Haven't I agree to the terms of use when I created my login? And if it's really important, why is it missing from the dedicated log-in page?

It's not a huge deal, but half the time I am checking from a cell phone and this little box is annoying. (And no, I'm not just going to stay logged in -- sometimes my SO does use my phone.)

Please consider removing this stupid box. If you need a free technical hand in modding the HTLM/PHP/whatever, let me know. I can do that. (Look, a bitch and a willingness to help, all in the same post.)
Luv4Fun is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #2
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

We all have to and no one likes it, but its a necessary evil. And really its just one little mouse click.
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:20 AM   #3
Luv4Fun
Valued Poster

How can I argue in the face of such logic?

Well, I'll try. Wouldn't this be like software publishers suddenly putting an "accept license" screen on every software package - every time it starts - because agreeing once isn't good enough. Hell, even my brokerage website with hard money at stake only makes me accept their terms and use agreement once...

So why again is this necessary?
Old 08-03-2013, 11:30 PM   #4
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Because the owners of the site want you to? And because you choose to be a member here? Thats as good as its going to get.

Just doing a quick bit of research with other sites;

TER - Yes "IMPORTANT! YOU MUST READ THE FOLLOWING AND AGREE:"
Naughty Reviews - Yes "IMPORTANT! YOU MUST READ THE FOLLOWING AND AGREE:"
BestGFE - Yes "WARNING : Adult Content Ahead"
TOB - Yes "By entering this website, you agree you are over 18 years of age and understand the above notice."

So its not really a foreign concept when dealing with adult-oriented websites.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #5
ck1942
Meet & Greet Organizer

Encounters: 181

L4F -

just sayin'

Security times 3!

Why doesn't your s.o. have her own phone?

Why don't YOU have a HOBBY phone separate from your own phone?

With a cell provider's "pot of minutes" master account an additional phone on your account is like 10 bucks a month. To me, that is a very inexpensive insurance policy.

But, to each his own.... and yes, it is an inconvenience to carry two separate phones... so leave the hobby phone at home when out and about! And leave it off or set to silent at all times to avoid the dreaded "s.o. knows I have a second phone" awkwardness.

In my case, I have a very personal phone and a very business phone (and a third one for computer access) and she understands that that way my normal bidness calls are during bidness time and not during family time (with an exception or two).

So yes, my pot of minutes is shared among 4 phones and costs me less than a session a year which is relatively cheap "insurance."

And, btw, since all of my phones use sim cards if any one of them breaks, I am not without cell resource as I keep vital numbers on all of the cards just in case.
ck1942 is offline   Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #6
cycleguy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I have to agree with the OP.

and you don't have to "agree to terms' on the mobile version..
cycleguy is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #7
Luv4Fun
Valued Poster

There's a mobile version??!? Now there's something I didn't know!

to ck1942:
Yes - I have a hobby phone. Yes - my SO has her own phone. But I have yet to find a plausible reason to tell her "Stop it" when she grabs my main phone off the counter and says "I'm just going to check X." And I'm pretty completely sure that if I try, it's going to send off a bazillion red flags in her mind.

My "security times 3" is dramatically different than yours. My hobby phone is a cash phone. It's voice & text only. And I cycle through a new sim/ph# every once in a while because I don't want any history and I don't like providers contacting me via the phone. If my SO finds my hobby phone, I want as little information as possible on it and I want to maintain plausible deniability that I actually even use it. But because my hobby phone is voice/text only, I do use my main phone to check eccie messages from time to time when I'm not in front of a PC.

to the mod:
You don't have to accept the terms & conditions explicitly (as you do here) every time you log into TER... Nor P411. Those are the two with which I'm familiar.

It does seem odd to me though that you have a "suggestions" forum, I make a suggestion, and the response I get seems very akin to "go F* yourself."
Old 08-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #8
LNK
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

I find it annoying also, but it doesn't take me more than about 3-4 seconds to do the whole login sequence.

<click> in the Username box.
Type username.
<tab> to the password box.
Type password.
<tab> to the "remember me" checkbox.
<tab> to the annoying "terms" checkbox.
<space> to select the annoying "terms" checkbox.
<tab> to the login button.
<space> to select the button.

Most of the 3 seconds is spent typing my password. After that, it's tab, tab, space, tab, space.
LNK is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:17 PM   #9
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv4Fun View Post
It does seem odd to me though that you have a "suggestions" forum, I make a suggestion, and the response I get seems very akin to "go F* yourself."
Not all Sir, if I had intended to communicate to go fuck yourself, I certainly would have said so. My point was that while we appreciate the suggestion, it is what it is, and that is one thing is not likely going to change. There are certain legals measures that the owners feel needs to be taken running an adult site like this, and clicking that button is one of them.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #10
cycleguy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
Not all Sir, if I had intended to communicate to go fuck yourself, I certainly would have said so. My point was that while we appreciate the suggestion, it is what it is, and that is one thing is not likely going to change. There are certain legals measures that the owners feel needs to be taken running an adult site like this, and clicking that button is one of them.
Well, there is the answer and a plausible one at that so it is what it is..
cycleguy is offline   Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #11
Luv4Fun
Valued Poster

Default yep

Think we're done here...

And sorry if I got a little pissy in my posts.

Jeff

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women