Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70376
biomed160259
Yssup Rider59839
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47421
pyramider46370
bambino40273
CryptKicker37062
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35127
Mojojo33117

Old 04-12-2019, 06:22 PM   #1
Devo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2
Default Dead chillens.....

Listening to the KDKA news tonight, on the radio, if any of you know what that is, and this story ran.

Its some type of rolling stroller, infant carrier, in any case, 30 kids have been accidentally killed using one since 2002.

So, they have finally issued a recall for the item.

Now, 30 infants, we can assume under 2 years of age, have been killed, and yet, it barely makes the 6 oclock news on a friday afternoon.

Yet, someone shoots 11 people, and, I'm not justifying the action, but, it leads to the Mayor passing illegal and unconstitutional gun laws, and raised six million dollars for mainly elderly victims.

Why is there no outcry when 3 times as many children die, over the course of at least a decade?

Its just further proof that the cry "Its for the children" is bullshit, and just further propaganda for the left to utilize.

So, how in gods name can you liberals live crying "gun control" when the victims aren't even bled out?
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:04 PM   #2
swigs
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 1

The Politicians could give a fuc less. All they want is gun control. Fuck em!!
swigs is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 09:25 AM   #3
DrivesAllDay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Its all Scare Tactics to keep the people in line and get the politicians re-elected. Otherwise Pud-doodo would have to find a real job!

Really, IMO, Pittsburgh milks everything "pittsburgh" for what its worth. The city was just aching to make the news with a tragedy of its own. Just watch the local news!! Any world event happens they'll mention how its related to the city in any way possible.

BTW- some tell Bike Lane Bill his new gun law must be working! The recent shooting at Monroeville Mall wasn't done with an AR-15.
DrivesAllDay is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 09:59 AM   #4
El-mo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

30 kids since 2002 you say? Thirty in the last sixteen years? 73 children were accidentally killed with guns last year. Eleven through the first 3.5 months of this year.
El-mo is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 11:27 AM   #5
Big Stig
Valued Poster

Encounters: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-mo View Post
30 kids since 2002 you say? Thirty in the last sixteen years? 73 children were accidentally killed with guns last year. Eleven through the first 3.5 months of this year.
How many were killed in car accidents? Should we ban cars too?

I looked it up, it was 937 in 2017.
Big Stig is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 12:52 PM   #6
Devo
Valued Poster

Quote:
Next ban swimming pools, tubs, trampolines, etc, etc.

I'd guess you could find more deaths in Pittsburgh by many causes higher than its gun deaths.

Further, subtract black on black murders, and the rate drops to almost ZERO.

We don't have a white guy AR15 problem, we have a black yute, killing other black yute problem.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 12:53 PM   #7
Devo
Valued Poster

But, don't believe me, research the statistics.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 01:20 PM   #8
Devo
Valued Poster

https://www.foxnews.com/health/fishe...hDYkULDF2bFyxc
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:32 PM   #9
DrivesAllDay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Actually, FBI Statistics would be a better source as people will immediately ignore anything by Fox News.

And according to their stats, you're more likely to be shot by the cops if you're white.
DrivesAllDay is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:33 PM   #10
Bsnake
Registered Member

Encounters: 3

The fact is that deaths of infants due to an unsafe product led to a recall means that the system worked. Trauma is the leading cause of death in kids. This has lead to many regulations (helmets, carseats, booster seats, etc), public service announcements, public safety courses, outreach programs, and countless others programs. Safety devices are not just recommended, but they are mandated. All in the name of public heath and safety. So there are certainly times where public safety/health trumps individual freedom. BTW I am not speaking about a specific law or "ban", just generalities.
Bsnake is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 12:54 PM   #11
El-mo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo View Post
Next ban swimming pools, tubs, trampolines, etc, etc.

I'd guess you could find more deaths in Pittsburgh by many causes higher than its gun deaths.

Further, subtract black on black murders, and the rate drops to almost ZERO.

We don't have a white guy AR15 problem, we have a black yute, killing other black yute problem.
Interesting, I thought we were talking about safety recalls. You couldn’t wait to jump off the rails with some racist bullshit. That’s why I don’t bother debating politics with people on the internet. They rarely make salient points and certainly never listen to opposing viewpoints. They just spelled off the same tired old talking points. I’ll stick to the hofo, and keep it civil, Because there’s literally nothing to be gained from arguing with anyone here.
El-mo is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 01:15 PM   #12
Devo
Valued Poster

Quote:
Interesting, I thought we were talking about safety recalls. You couldn’t wait to jump off the rails with some racist bullshit. That’s why I don’t bother debating politics with people on the internet. They rarely make salient points and certainly never listen to opposing viewpoints. They just spelled off the same tired old talking points. I’ll stick to the hofo, and keep it civil, Because there’s literally nothing to be gained from arguing with anyone here.
Go ahead and research the statistics for Pittsburgh before you claim racism, because we all know that's one of the last cards that gets played when you run out of facts.

But since you are lazy, here you go:

https://newpittsburghcourier.com/201...can-americans/

Quote from the article:

In 2017, 78 of the county’s 110 homicide victims were Black. With one month left in 2018, there have been 108 homicides as of Nov. 30, 74 of those victims African Americans. While those ratios are nearly identical, if not for the 11 victims massacred at the Tree of Life synagogue, Blacks would account for 76 percent of Allegheny County’s homicides so far this year.

And then there is this link, go down to "Offender race and gender".

Of all murders in the years covered, 2010 to February of 2019, 88 percent of the people committing murder are not white.

https://www.alleghenycountyanalytics...ty-pittsburgh/

Please explain then, how stating a fact, is racist?

The problem for you IS, its not, and its a problem that will never be solved if its unable to be spoken about because some feel its politically incorrect to look at the truth.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 01:17 PM   #13
Devo
Valued Poster

And the point of mentioning the safety recall, is that far more children died quietly in their carriers, than have ever been killed in most mass shootings, and not one person in the MSM asked why?

So, its OK to call for law changes when ONE sick person commits a heinous act, but, not OK to call for something simple like oversight of a convenience to hold your child?

Never let a good killing go to waste, if you can use it to drive a POLITICAL AGENDA.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 01:20 PM   #14
Devo
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivesAllDay View Post
Actually, FBI Statistics would be a better source as people will immediately ignore anything by Fox News.

And according to their stats, you're more likely to be shot by the cops if you're white.
I doubt the FBI tracks stats from non criminal deaths.

And please show the link to the fox article showing those stats.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 01:35 PM   #15
Devo
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivesAllDay View Post
Its all Scare Tactics to keep the people in line and get the politicians re-elected. Otherwise Pud-doodo would have to find a real job!

Really, IMO, Pittsburgh milks everything "pittsburgh" for what its worth. The city was just aching to make the news with a tragedy of its own. Just watch the local news!! Any world event happens they'll mention how its related to the city in any way possible.

BTW- some tell Bike Lane Bill his new gun law must be working! The recent shooting at Monroeville Mall wasn't done with an AR-15.

Well, I know Wilkinsburg is not Pittsburgh, but, much like East Pittsburgh, it may as well be.

Point being, five people were murdered, using a Glock and an AK 47 derived rifle, including an unborn infant, in Wilkinsburg.

Yet, 3 million or so, was NOT raised for the victims families, nor, did anyone cry "BAN ALL ASSAULT LOOKING WEAPONS".

Do you know why I think no outcry occurred?

Primarily, because of the peoples race, if you haven't guessed, they were not white.

There was every opportunity to use this case the same way the Synagogue shooting was used, but, as has been noted many times, dead black folks don't make for a good story, like dead white folks do.
Devo is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women