Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Louisiana > New Orleans > The Sandbox - New Orleans
The Sandbox - New Orleans The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 01-22-2014, 07:01 AM   #1
1Curiousguy
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 16
Default Questions from a potential visitor

I've only been to NOLA once in the last 10 or 15 years and it was a birthday trip, so the timing was determined by that.

I would like to try to return this year, but it's not at all a certainty. Nevertheless I'd like to try to plan something.

On that trip, however, I did not get to visit a particular museum that I would like to see. On this visit going there would be a must. (And seeing a couple of special ladies will be a must, too).

Due to my employment, any time off between January and April isn't possible. So which other months would be good? I am assuming that there is a tourist season when things are especially crowded (and expensive) that I would like to avoid.

So when is the best time outside of that to visit?

And I will probably drive instead of fly this time, so do most of the hotels charge for parking?

Any and all advice will be welcome. The advice for my last visit was great, I am hoping that you folks will be just as helpful this time around.

Thanks for your advice and comments.
1Curiousguy is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:55 AM   #2
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

User ID: 3067
Location: Based in Missouri AND coming to play in your town soon!!!
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Hi my sweet htown hubby

whenever you visit,you will have fun! I remember the past visit...lol!

May is a great time as well as June/August & september

August is Satchmo fest which is alwasy a blast

there is also french quarter fest in spring which is awesome fun

use bookit.com and alot of places will wave the parking fee..........i recommend parking at the dog park off st charles area {freee street parking} and catching the trolly
DallasRain is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:00 PM   #3
stavinChain
Ribbed, for her pleasure.

Encounters: 5

August. It's hot as hell, but, other than Satchmo Fest weekend, there are very few tourists. Hotels are cheap (relatively speaking) and it's easy to get reservations at upscale restaurants.
stavinChain is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:15 PM   #4
HungCurve
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

DR is correct on all points. I can tell you that hotel parking will range in price per night, but always starts at $19/night anywhere downtown and in the Quarter. Most are $25-$29/night.
I know this because I used to be a valet downtown at a 4-star hotel.
If you can't find street parking you can always park in an open air lot. They are usually only a few dollars for the day, and there are plenty downtown. Might have to walk a few blocks for your car and there are no In/Out privileges but it's MUCH cheaper.

And taking the trolly is fun.
HungCurve is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:47 PM   #5
1Curiousguy
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Thanks for the info

I would not have thought about off-site parking had you folks not mentioned it. Is it safe to leave my car at one of these spots over night?

I do understand about the in-and-out privileges. I haven't planned my activities yet. The museum (and the two ladies that I plan to visit with) are my primary focus but I don't know how much driving I would be doing. So I may not do much besides walk around most of the time.

Someone else mentioned the Satchmo festival to me, too. I had not heard of it before.

I may try for mid-September, but a lot depends upon my job.

I do appreciate your suggestions and ideas.

Can you tell me which is the best site for a guide on visiting New Orleans? I am sure that there are many, but can anyone recommend a specific one that is really helpful?

Thanks again all.

And Dallas I know you travel often, I'll make sure to check with you to be sure you'll be around to thrill me when I visit. No trip to NOLA would be complete without a visit to the Highway to Heaven (Dallas calls it the Highway to Hell, but every visit with her has been heavenly for me).
Old 01-22-2014, 08:52 PM   #6
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

User ID: 3067
Location: Based in Missouri AND coming to play in your town soon!!!
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

1cg---the gals here will luv ya if you decide to play!

look up Satchmo..its awesome fun! also great shopping on decauter and magazine..

they are putting in a "another Broken Egg" cafe by my house,so we can do a brunch!

also the best parking is the lots near the ww museum....cheaper & safer.

also i will be so happy to "tour" with you!
DallasRain is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:28 AM   #7
1Curiousguy
Lifetime Premium Access

Dallas couldn't visit without taking the highway to heaven dear. I've contacted another young lady, as well. So we're off to a great start and I don't even know if/when I will be there. Guess I need to start getting some cardio in before I drive over there.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:30 AM   #8
HungCurve
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

The lots you can park your car in are always safe. Some of them have guards, but all are safe to park in. But like the infamous Dallas says, the WWII museum has the cheapest around. I think like $7/day.
HungCurve is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:11 AM   #9
1Curiousguy
Lifetime Premium Access

If that's the case, then my hotel needs to be near the WWII museum, too. I'll have to start researching that.

Thanks again to all who answered. I am looking forward to a great visit.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women