Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 12-11-2017, 08:25 PM   #721
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek303 View Post
A friend of mine on FB asked for a simple pole. Since the NFL protest and Trump calling for a boycott, what are your viewing habits on the NFL. Total boycott? Cut down viewing? No change. Out of 64 replies there were only 11 no change. There were 29 total boycott, and 24 cut way down. Most saying they watch the Cowboys or Steelers or whoever their team is and that’s all. Screw the other games. You libs just don’t want to believe it.

And if I did a POLL with my FB friends it would be the opposite. FB is a selected bubble. You’re friends with people similar to you. And guess what, watching your team and none else isn’t really boycotting. They are still supporting the league and the teams. Way to boycott.. Also horrible sample size, 64 people. Sounds like your friend is lacking in the friends department.
Austin Dude is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:19 PM   #722
derek303
Valued Poster

Encounters: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Dude View Post
And if I did a POLL with my FB friends it would be the opposite. FB is a selected bubble. You’re friends with people similar to you. And guess what, watching your team and none else isn’t really boycotting. They are still supporting the league and the teams. Way to boycott.. Also horrible sample size, 64 people. Sounds like your friend is lacking in the friends department.
Let's see how the poll here does. I just started a poll.
derek303 is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 03:37 PM   #723
Observing
Valued Poster

Default See Ya!!!

Papa John's founder out as CEO weeks after NFL comments.
http://www.wdrb.com/story/37121613/p...r-nfl-comments

Blaming the NFL for the decline of sales didn't work out that well for him.
The pizza has gotten much worse in recent years. I think that has more to do with sales falling than NFL players kneeling.
Should of been doing his job instead of whining like a bitch like Trump...
Observing is offline   Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 07:16 PM   #724
derek303
Valued Poster

I saw where one of the owners (Carolina I think) said attendance went down severely over the anthem. He's selling the team.
Old 12-25-2017, 09:29 PM   #725
PrettyBoyG
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27

Quote:
I saw where one of the owners (Carolina I think) said attendance went down severely over the anthem. He's selling the team.
The Anthem protest has nothing to do with Jerry Richardson selling the Carolina Panthers. It only take a simple google search to find out why.
PrettyBoyG is offline   Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 05:05 AM   #726
gfejunkie
2016 County by County Map

So sad. The last Sunday night NFL game cancelled. Not enough people give a shit...

http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/26/medi...ight-football/

"2017 has been a tough year for the NFL. The ratings for this NFL's season are down 9% from last year." (And, last year's ratings sucked too!)

Oh, well. There's always next year. But, only if they straighten up and fly right.

Respect your country, it's flag, it's national anthem, and it's President and fans will come flying back better than before. Guaranteed!
gfejunkie is offline   Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 05:51 AM   #727
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
So sad. The last Sunday night NFL game cancelled. Not enough people give a shit...

http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/26/medi...ight-football/

"2017 has been a tough year for the NFL. The ratings for this NFL's season are down 9% from last year." (And, last year's ratings sucked too!)

Oh, well. There's always next year. But, only if they straighten up and fly right.

Respect your country, it's flag, it's national anthem, and it's President and fans will come flying back better than before. Guaranteed!
Maybe you should have read the article before jumping to the conclusion that the reason for not televising a game on NYE had anything to do with the protests.

"Since the last Sunday night football game also happens to be the final game of the season, the NFL tries to schedule a game that will definitely have playoff implications for one or both of the teams playing. (A team that already made the playoffs might sit their starters, leading to an exceptionally boring game.)

This season, there were no such games that met the NFL's criteria on the final week's schedule. The NFL, which hadn't yet announced which teams would play Sunday night, would have either scheduled a game that had a chance of being a snooze or a game that already had no playoff implications at all."

Even if the Sunday night game on NYE was the best match-up of the season I wouldn't be watching. I'll be out partying. The last time a game was played on NYE night about 1/4 of normal viewers watched the game. That was 2006 when there was no protesting going on. And the game was Chicago-Green Bay.

Just got my TV Guide and for the week of December 6-10 here are the prime time ratings:

#1 Sunday night football
#2 Thursday night football

#5 Monday night football

Again from those results it's hard to take the position that TV ratings for NFL games are off compared to other TV shows.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 08:35 AM   #728
gfejunkie
2016 County by County Map

Like I said... "Not enough people give a shit."
gfejunkie is offline   Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 03:00 PM   #729
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
Like I said... "Not enough people give a shit."
You are right. "Not enough people give a shit" to listen to Trump when he makes ridiculous tweets early in the morning on subjects he knows nothing about.
Old 12-30-2017, 10:45 AM   #730
pussycat
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
You are right. "Not enough people give a shit" to listen to Trump when he makes ridiculous tweets early in the morning on subjects he knows nothing about.
So far he's gone a whole year without killing any American citizens or starting any wars, and to me that's better than all the recent Presidents. He's a pussycat.
pussycat is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 09:03 AM   #731
derek303
Valued Poster

News this morning said NFL viewership was 10% from last year and last year was down from the year before. It was steadily going up till the protest. You libs can say what you want but waaaay to many people have said they cut back or banned it all together. White Men 55 and over being the highest demo to do so I believe,
Old 01-04-2018, 10:41 AM   #732
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
News this morning said NFL viewership was 10% from last year and last year was down from the year before. It was steadily going up till the protest. You libs can say what you want but waaaay to many people have said they cut back or banned it all together. White Men 55 and over being the highest demo to do so I believe,

It was steadily going up until the protest? Please. People had been predicting the decline in ratings for the NFL for years. It was because of streaming, the NFL being greedy and putting games on Thursday, the rise in popularity of soccer and the NFL, etc. Those are the bigger effects. Yes the protests had a blimp on that, but you still tend to look past those people protesting the NFL because of the way the treated Kaepernick. You like to pretend those protest don't exist or didn't have an effect.

As for white men 55 and over, I don't think that's the target audience for the NBA and they are doing amazingly. The biggest stars in the NBA and the biggest coaches all take shots at the president and there doesn't seem to be a drop off there. And those players have shown support for what the NFL players are doing, and they are still ok. Amazing.
Austin Dude is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:31 AM   #733
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
In the 2016 season exactly ONE NFL player was doing any sort of protesting during the National Anthem -- Colin Kaepernick. It is very doubtful that that singular protest had any negative affect on NFL attendance or viewing of NFL games in 2016. Yet TV viewership of NFL games was down significantly that year. Absolutely no correlation between the Coliie Kaepernick protests and the decline in TV viewership of NFL games. Except in your mind.

Had there not been a decline in NFL TV viewership in 2016, your argument that the decline in 2017 was due to protests would hold some water. I'm sure it had some negative impact, but as I've continued to show, viewership of NFL prime time games is holding steady with the 3 games always within the top 10, and sometimes 3 of the top 5.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:43 AM   #734
Aroundagain
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Have you not heard bout the military operation in Niger?
Aroundagain is offline   Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:26 PM   #735
Observing
Valued Poster

Default Hahahaha!

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/...ly/1015393001/

Trump attending a football game and then not knowing the words to the national anthem after spending months criticizing football players for disrespecting the anthem is incredible.

RESPECT OUR ANTHEM!!!

What a hypocritical fucking dickball.
Observing is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women