Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70386
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35180
Mojojo33117

Old 08-24-2023, 09:41 PM   #31
tommy156
BANNED

Encounters: 11

I believe we have good reason to be optimistic, too. They finished 7-2 last year, and they've improved talent-wise on both sides of the ball since then.

I won't be surprised if the Steelers win the AFCN this season.
tommy156 is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 04:09 AM   #32
AmishGangster
Valued Poster

Encounters: 53

As long as our playbook is Canadian I will be surprised if we do better than 8-8.
Winning the north is a pipe dream right now.
AmishGangster is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 08:14 AM   #33
Iceman
Valued Poster

Yes it's preseason, but I don't think you could ask for much more than what they did.

Pickett looks sharp and as if he has a command of the offense. Defense looks much improved at ILB and have good backups at OLB when Watt or Highsmith take a breather.
Iceman is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 04:17 PM   #34
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

I’m drinking the cool-aid! I’m fucking bathing in it!!
Charley3 is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 02:46 PM   #35
AmishGangster
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Yes it's preseason, but I don't think you could ask for much more than what they did.

Pickett looks sharp and as if he has a command of the offense. Defense looks much improved at ILB and have good backups at OLB when Watt or Highsmith take a breather.
I view Picketts ceiling as about the same height as Neil O’Donnell in his prime. Do we have the supporting cast currently that Neil had then?
Old 08-26-2023, 02:48 PM   #36
tommy156
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishGangster View Post
I view Picketts ceiling as about the same height as Neil O’Donnell in his prime. Do we have the supporting cast currently that Neil had then?
I think Pickett's supporting cast is on par with that of O'Donnell. Maybe even better. Pickens is a legit #1.
Old 08-26-2023, 08:35 PM   #37
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Encounters: 9

Who are you hoping makes the team and who do you think is on the bubble?

Who do you absolutely want to see cut?
HDGristle is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 11:10 PM   #38
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDGristle View Post
Who are you hoping makes the team and who do you think is on the bubble?

Who do you absolutely want to see cut?
Always an interesting question. This team is going to have more much needed turnover then we’ve had in years. Our new linebackers look nasty! Big improvements to our offensive line.
I’m curious if Gentry makes the team. Darnell Washington is a lock and Gentry is kind of redundant.
Shame because he seems like a good dude.
Charley3 is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 02:49 PM   #39
AmishGangster
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy156 View Post
I think Pickett's supporting cast is on par with that of O'Donnell. Maybe even better. Pickens is a legit #1.
I agree that Pickett is certainly starter quality. I get the impression his fans view him as the next big thing. If he gets to the meaningful portion of the post season I think his supporting cast will have to carry him there, his job will be to not fuck it up
Old 08-27-2023, 02:57 PM   #40
tommy156
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishGangster View Post
I agree that Pickett is certainly starter quality. I get the impression his fans view him as the next big thing. If he gets to the meaningful portion of the post season I think his supporting cast will have to carry him there, his job will be to not fuck it up
We feel the same about QB1. Pickett is "starter quality", but I can't go much beyond that. I wasn't a fan of picking him in the 1st round. I think the "local boy does good" story is what they were after, and not necessarily choosing the best available player at the time.

However, I do think Pickett has potential and with the proper pieces around him, this team can be a real contender. Many playoff games, championship games, and even a few Super Bowls, over the years have been won with mediocre talent at QB.
Old 08-28-2023, 04:33 PM   #41
AmishGangster
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy156 View Post
We feel the same about QB1. Pickett is "starter quality", but I can't go much beyond that. I wasn't a fan of picking him in the 1st round. I think the "local boy does good" story is what they were after, and not necessarily choosing the best available player at the time.

However, I do think Pickett has potential and with the proper pieces around him, this team can be a real contender. Many playoff games, championship games, and even a few Super Bowls, over the years have been won with mediocre talent at QB.
Trent Dilfer and Jim Plunkett both have rings.

I think they reached for him in the draft out of partially desperation and partially the fear of not taking him and he ends up the next Marino.
Old 08-29-2023, 06:41 AM   #42
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Encounters: 9

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/li...rs-nfl-roster/

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers...tanner-morgan/

Cuts thus far.
HDGristle is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 09:08 AM   #43
Smarty1
Premium Access

Encounters: 54

As for cuts I’d like to see - I have seen enough of Gunner Olszyzewski in a Steeler uniform. Sure he is a special teamer, but surely we can find someone else to fill that role and if Canada is going to continue with the jet sweeps I’d much rather see someone like Calvin Austin run them instead. I’d also think Kendrick Green should go. I think it’s pretty clear that he should be getting on with his life’s work at this point. He simply is not an NFL-caliber offensive lineman.
Smarty1 is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 09:13 AM   #44
Smarty1
Premium Access

Encounters: 54

If the Steelers had picked “Kenny Pickett, QB from Oregon” in last year’s draft, and then he came in and played the way he did last year, I highly doubt there would be a lot of optimism or excitement surrounding him going into this year. The preseason he had might have changed that a bit, but I still think the fan base would be much more objective and cautious in that optimism.

Don’t get me wrong - I’m not saying he will be lousy or anything, but I hear a lot of talk about how he’s going to be a top level, elite franchise QB, and I just don’t see it, not yet anyway.
Smarty1 is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 02:20 PM   #45
tommy156
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty1 View Post
If the Steelers had picked “Kenny Pickett, QB from Oregon” in last year’s draft, and then he came in and played the way he did last year, I highly doubt there would be a lot of optimism or excitement surrounding him going into this year. The preseason he had might have changed that a bit, but I still think the fan base would be much more objective and cautious in that optimism.

Don’t get me wrong - I’m not saying he will be lousy or anything, but I hear a lot of talk about how he’s going to be a top level, elite franchise QB, and I just don’t see it, not yet anyway.
Agreed. He's definitely overrated among the homers. I don't think he'll be lousy either, but I don't expect him to be much more than adequate.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women