Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70386
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35180
Mojojo33117

Old 10-12-2010, 07:44 PM   #1
Tiffany Cums
Account Disabled

User ID: 5290
My ECCIE Reviews
Default The Best? The Most? The Ultimate?

I see these phrases often as I cruise through the provider ads, and the Welcome & Introduction forums...Are they really:

The Best?
The Most?
The Ultimate?
Like no other?
Incomparable?
Unparalleled?

Gentlemen:
What do you think when you see words and phrases like this in an ad? Good Advertising? Signs of Drama? They must be the best? Higher prices?

Ladies:
Do you use words and phrases like this? Do you know if it helps? If you don't use them, how do you feel of others who do?

I myself would love to type up an ad telling everyone of how wonderful I am, but perhaps it is due to not having high confidence about myself. I only use words and phrases that has been posted by the hobbiests in either a review, or in an open forum. For example, in my signature line it claims that I am 'GFE to the MAX!!' That was posted in one of my reviews.

I honestly do not know if the ladies that post in this manner is doing so thinking that they really are the best, or if the gentlemen have called them the best and they are playing off of it, or they are just trying to convince everyone else that they are the best?

Is it false advertising? Does it matter in which manner she is posting it? Or when they use terminology stating that they really are better then all the other girls, is it false advertising then? Or just smart wording for advertising?

I don't know, you tell me....it does seem to be a rather harmless practice, I just wanted to get a feel on how others feel on this.

This was not meant to offend anyone, and I would very much appreciate it if this stays as an open minded discussion. Thank you!
Tiffany Cums is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:46 PM   #2
Paige Hunter
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 40740
My ECCIE Reviews

ok lol so im knew to this provider thing and i was posting the best not because i thought i was the best just really thought it was a good way to grab attention lol so didnt work lol i stopped posting it
Paige Hunter is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:27 PM   #3
Carrie Hillcrest
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 167
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany Cums View Post
I see these phrases often as I cruise through the provider ads, and the Welcome & Introduction forums...Are they really:

The Best?
The Most?
The Ultimate?
Like no other?
Incomparable?
Unparalleled?
I kind of want to use every single one of these terms in my next ad title...

They make me roll my eyes a little, especially when coming from a newbie provider. (Dear, you just started. No one's the best when they first start.) Even when from someone established, they're pretty unoriginal. One might even say that using standard superlatives actually forces one to be "paralleled" with the rest of the crowd.

However, phrases like these can work, especially when the audience has reduced blood flow to the brain. Repeatedly refer to something as "THE ULTIMATE" or "THE MOST BEST INCOMPARABLE LIKE NO OTHER" or whatever enough times and the reader's brain starts to subconsciously agree.*

Take this statement with a grain of salt; I have only a rudimentary education in psychology/brainwashing.
Carrie Hillcrest is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:30 PM   #4
Maggie McNeill
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 42516
My ECCIE Reviews

I prefer the "soft sell" myself; if my pictures, bio and posts can't "sell" me no amount of bragging and hype will.
Maggie McNeill is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:04 AM   #5
pjpenner
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 1

I think any gent who has been in the hobby for any time at all recognizes a provider's profile for what it is: an advertisement compiled by the provider. And like any other advertisement, we understand many (or most) claims have been "augmented" for the purpose of having the client spend his money with the advertiser instead of a competitor. That's why most experienced gents rarely rely on the content in a provider's ad for making a decision to secure her professional services.

I'll use myself as an example. I prefer the very intimate GFE from professional, classy, educated, well-mannered providers. Consequently, I measure the "product" of the sales pitch by:
  • Evaluating the ad's language, structure, grammar and readability
  • Evaluating the professionalism of the photos
  • Evaluating the professional attire and grooming of the provider in the photos
  • Evaluating the provider's reviews posted by hobbyists I know and trust
  • Evaluating the provider's screening and business practices
  • Determine if the provider is concerned with the safety of herself and the client as evidenced by her utilization of a professional verification service like Preferred 411 or Room Service 2000
Please keep in mind that WALDT -- We All Like Different Things. Many gents are totally turned off by the things I think are important. It's that diversity in the hobby that makes it so appealing to a broad segment of potential customers in the marketplace.

Personally, I think it is a "Best Practice" for a provider to market herself:
  • Truthfully based on her experience, skills and personality
  • To the market she'll attract based on her experience, skills and personality
That doesn't mean a provider can't improve her current stature or base of clients. However, the improvement is earned as evidenced by her reputation in the hobby through reviews and the recommendations of experienced and trusted hobbyists and her provider peers.
pjpenner is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:16 AM   #6
John Bull
Valued Poster

No question that those phrases are over used and likely incorrect.

The ones that drive me up a wall though, are the ones extolling the providers education and intelligence... with God knows how many misspellings and how much bad grammer.
John Bull is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:02 AM   #7
Gryphon
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 13

I typically ignore nonspecific claims of excellence; they're so widespread as to be meaningless. I agree with Tiffany (it's really hard to disagree with someone that agreeable! ) that statements based on client feedback are much more worthwhile. The way an ad is written tells me some things about the provider, but I'm going to look at other sources of information. The few times I've taken the plunge based solely on an ad have not gone well.
Gryphon is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:07 AM   #8
elghund
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie Hillcrest View Post
However, phrases like these can work, especially when the audience has reduced blood flow to the brain.

Speaking as a man (and for my fellow hobbyists, I'm sure).....

I have no idea what you could possibly be referring to here.

elg......
elghund is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:23 PM   #9
Laurentius
Valued Poster

Oh my! Phrases like this are silly and useless -- at least for me.

Actually, they are worse than useless as they sort of lead me to believe the lady might be the opposite. General approaches to marketing have long ago immunized people to this sort of phraseology.

Not long ago, cars were routinely advertised as having "The best X in it's class." The key was that everyone quickly figured out that each car was in a class all its own, so it was also the worst in its class. LOL

Nowadays, good advertising bypasses the critical factor and directly appeals to core emotional drives.

Critical factor bypass can be achieved in a variety of ways to convey what are -- on the surface -- utterly preposterous notions.

If I buy a new big truck, I will be more masculine and desirable. The ad doesn't SAY that. If it did, I could evaluate the statement as horse-poop. Instead, it conveys the idea in a few subtle ways. The voice over in the background from a guy with a smoothly deep voice, the visual of the truck being used in a stereotypical masculine way, the dominance imagery of it being on top of a forbidding landscape. The beautiful woman getting into the passenger door.

Obviously, I am a connoisseur of fine manipulation and appreciate it greatly.

When an ad proclaims a lady to be the best, most impressive, yada yada it is almost garish.
Laurentius is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:12 PM   #10
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Generally speaking, I am skeptical of all ads. About the only thing I read in great detail is the FAQs page, which is where most providers relay their most important priorities. And I try to meet them.

OTOH, being the cynic I am, I assume all ads have one purpose: to get money. If I'm unlucky in choosing a provider, it'll be a slam-bam-thank-u-sir kind of session. IOW, a quick pop and she's gone.

If I'm lucky, she'll stick around for the full session.

If I'm super lucky, she'll stick around for the full session and the session will be pleasant.

Twice, I have been super, super lucky, and the session has very good.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:29 PM   #11
Tiffany Cums
Account Disabled

User ID: 5290
My ECCIE Reviews

Very good responses everyone, thank you for taking the time.

What about the flip side? Who is pro "the best"?
Tiffany Cums is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women