Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160603
Yssup Rider59949
gman4452936
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47568
pyramider46370
bambino40332
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35398
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 02-27-2011, 04:18 AM   #1
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9
Default What should the U.S.’s role be?

Will U.S. attack Qaddafi?

February 24, 2011 4:46 PM
As the U.S. State Department contemplates possible sanctions against Muammar Quaddafi and his government, David Martin reports that an American military strike may be the only way to remove a dictator who has vowed to fight to the death.
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7357662n
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GbV4X5R8xk

What should the U.S.’s role be?
Old 02-27-2011, 07:01 AM   #2
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Stay the hell out of it. It doesn't matter who's side the US comes in on, within a week the world media will convince every tenth century throw back that we are there to make war on islam. The last thing we need is another "nation building mission".
Old 02-27-2011, 07:21 AM   #3
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

We need to stop sending our boys abroad to be killed. Let Libya work out its own problems.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:04 AM   #4
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaintliein View Post
Stay the hell out of it. It doesn't matter who's side the US comes in on, within a week the world media will convince every tenth century throw back that we are there to make war on islam. The last thing we need is another "nation building mission".
Heaintliein!
Old 02-27-2011, 08:22 AM   #5
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
Heaintliein!
rotflmao.........not many times we all agree but I'm with ya'll on this one.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:47 AM   #6
London Rayne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 21422
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
We need to stop sending our boys abroad to be killed. Let Libya work out its own problems.

These two lines said it all. Just stop getting involved with the affairs of others, UNLESS it will TRULY benefit the U.S. We have enough debt of our own to worry about. The borrower always becomes the lender's slave, so we simply need to stop looking to other countries for money when we get in a bind....get out of debt the old fashioned way I guess. Cut spending, and offer fair wages to our own.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:08 AM   #7
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Word!
Old 02-27-2011, 09:31 AM   #8
MyKindaParty
Gaining Momentum

I agree, they should work out their own problems. We aren't dependent on foreign oil to begin with. Working to get an allie in power would be as far as I care to see it go. Hell, I will be surprised if Iraq is still free in five years. Bring the troops home and line the borders with them. Fight your own damn war.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:40 AM   #9
Guest053011
Account Disabled

User ID: 4424

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Will U.S. attack Qaddafi?

February 24, 2011 4:46 PM
As the U.S. State Department contemplates possible sanctions against Muammar Quaddafi and his government, David Martin reports that an American military strike may be the only way to remove a dictator who has vowed to fight to the death.
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7357662n
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GbV4X5R8xk

What should the U.S.’s role be?
How would Americans react if during your civil war Britain came in and tried to "liberate" one of the sides?

The only role that is appropriate is maybe that of peacekeeper. Keep protesters from being slaughtered but play no other part - however just being there will raise hostility.

It's their country, their families, their future, their fight. They may want to fight it alone.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:56 AM   #10
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill View Post
The only role that is appropriate is maybe that of peacekeeper. Keep protesters from being slaughtered but play no other part - however just being there will raise hostility.
I respectfully disagree. The only appropriate role would be to secure the oil fields and let the locals kill each other till their hearts' content. But, we've proven again and again that we are incapable of using military force for advancing the strategic goals of the US, we insist on wasting blood and treasure trying to make mortal enemies play nice with each other.

As my son prepares to go to war once again, I'm more and more disgusted that his efforts are on behalf of tribal savages who don't want them and westerners who don't appreciate or understand them.

Sorry if I'm coming off a bit harsh. I'll likely not see him again for a year.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:14 AM   #11
DFW5Traveler
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Stay the hell out of Libya. Let them sort it all out.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #12
Guest053011
Account Disabled

Quote:
I respectfully disagree. The only appropriate role would be to secure the oil fields and let the locals kill each other till their hearts' content. But, we've proven again and again that we are incapable of using military force for advancing the strategic goals of the US, we insist on wasting blood and treasure trying to make mortal enemies play nice with each other.

As my son prepares to go to war once again, I'm more and more disgusted that his efforts are on behalf of tribal savages who don't want them and westerners who don't appreciate or understand them.

Sorry if I'm coming off a bit harsh. I'll likely not see him again for a year.

Why does the US have the right to their oil fields or any others, but those on their own soil?

Is that not imperialism?

Sending a child to war, and one we cannot win, is agony. I cannot imagine how you feel, my heart goes out to you.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:23 AM   #13
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

It isn't a matter of "rights" dear. It's the cruel truth that military force is used appropriately only for obtaining or keeping something of value, any "ideological" or politically correct use of force is pure, criminal folly. Note that I did not say we should take the oil fields, I said the only appropriate role would be for us to secure them. Fairness is a completely imaginary concept.

Why does the US have the responsibility to be "peace keepers"?
Old 02-27-2011, 10:27 AM   #14
Guest053011
Account Disabled

Quote:
It isn't a matter of "rights" dear. It's the cruel truth that military force is used appropriately only for obtaining or keeping something of value, any "ideological" or politically correct use of force is pure, criminal folly. Note that I did not say we should take the oil fields, I said the only appropriate role would be for us to secure them. Fairness is a completely imaginary concept.

No fair isn't an issue, nor is justice.

And the truth is they try to prevent their valuable resources from falling to foreign control - like any nation would. They have as much desire to keep us out ad we do to get in...

They have every right to try, even if it is horrible for us, fairness doesn't matter.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:32 AM   #15
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
We do not....but if folks want us to be, I have no problem taxing them with an oil field or three.

The world can not have it both ways. ''Save our citizens but expect no payment.''

That is why we have heated arguments in this forum , convoluted thought patterns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW5Traveler View Post
Stay the hell out of Libya. Let them sort it all out.

Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women