Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70422
biomed160612
Yssup Rider59951
gman4452936
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47568
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35401
Mojojo33117

Old 11-12-2010, 11:41 PM   #1
Guest053011
Account Disabled

User ID: 4424
Default An amusing analogy for America

I was at a private talk discussing the problem of a nuclear armed Iran, and the delicacies surrounding it's prevention.

She explained that Europe was terrified of how America would handle this. Europe looks at America like a Lab puppy in a crowded room: they get an idea that excites them, wagging their tail, obliviously knocking things over and annoying people around them. The enthusiasm makes everyone nervous, as they think decisions should be carefully thought over, and action taken in increments.

Whether true or not, I thought it was pretty funny.
Guest053011 is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 02:52 AM   #2
Camille
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 511
My ECCIE Reviews

Epic fail.

I think it's true to say that perhaps this might have been closer to the case with Blair and Bush around...I don't think anyone would argue that Tony Blair was anything less than GWB's bitch never mind lap dog. However, those times are gone..thankfully for everyone.
I know that the EU are heading the talks in December and of course the US are one of the big 5 involved in navigating the terrain they want to cover, but I think generally folks are happy over the pond with the set up. Is that because the EU are leading the talks? Maybe...but I think Europe is comfortable with US foreign policy as it relates to Iran at present so it's not quite the biggie (in terms of EU/US relations) that your co-worker seems to think

C
Camille is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:51 AM   #3
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille View Post
but I think Europe is comfortable with US foreign policy as it relates to Iran at present so it's not quite the biggie (in terms of EU/US relations
a very complex topic. what is true is in terms of EU/US it's not quite the biggie at present.

what is also true is that the recent election effects the US foreign policy. (e.g. Russ Feingold unfortunately no longer in the Senate; and a new House in which extremists like Ileana Ros-Lehtinen and Eric Cantor will have a stronger influence.)

But actually the situation in Central Asia is so fucked up that no one really has a good strategy.
.. is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:16 AM   #4
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Europe needs to worry abour China

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill View Post
I was at a private talk discussing the problem of a nuclear armed Iran, and the delicacies surrounding it's prevention.

She explained that Europe was terrified of how America would handle this. Europe looks at America like a Lab puppy in a crowded room: they get an idea that excites them, wagging their tail, obliviously knocking things over and annoying people around them. The enthusiasm makes everyone nervous, as they think decisions should be carefully thought over, and action taken in increments.

If Europe is so scared of how we will handle things, maybe they should man up and start doing things for themselves and quit relying on the generosity of a Lab puppy. That goes for any Canadians too.

Furthermore ,Don't be fooled by the flawless hospitality of the Iranian gentleman in a Hookah lounge in LA.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:49 AM   #5
Guest053011
Account Disabled

User ID: 4424

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
If Europe is so scared of how we will handle things, maybe they should man up and start doing things for themselves and quit relying on the generosity of a Lab puppy. That goes for any Canadians too.

Furthermore ,Don't be fooled by the flawless hospitality of the Iranian gentleman in a Hookah lounge in LA.
?

Relax. I'm not sure how the US is supporting Canada - we do just fine. We do business with the US, but we aren't a charity case. Our army, though not large, is well trained. I've only heard American soldiers speak of the US/Canadian military relationship with fondness and appreciation.

Iranian people aren't inherently evil - their government is a disaster, but that doesn't mean I can't treat a kind Iranian man at a hookah lounge as a descent human being.

The peron making this comment was a US ambassador. I made no comment about my opinion of the US or the Iranian situation. Only the I heard a funny metaphor.

Frankly, my hope lies in Israel.
Guest053011 is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:31 AM   #6
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
?

Relax. I'm not sure how the US is supporting Canada - we do just fine. We do business with the US, but we aren't a charity case. Our army, though not large, is well trained. I've only heard American soldiers speak of the US/Canadian military relationship with fondness and appreciation.
We police the whole world without taxing it properly for doing so. You and other western countries have had a free ride for decades.

Quote:
?

Iranian people aren't inherently evil - their government is a disaster, but that doesn't mean I can't treat a kind Iranian man at a hookah lounge as a descent human being.
I said don't be fooled. Let him know that you prefer the Israelis to take care of that lil necular problem and see how he reacts.

Quote:
?
The peron making this comment was a US ambassador. I made no comment about my opinion of the US or the Iranian situation. Only the I heard a funny metaphor.
You thinking some stupid anology about this country being funny ... well that is a comment/opinion in and of itself. Sorry to point out that fact.

Quote:
?

Frankly, my hope lies in Israel.
We are Israel. Without our backing they are short lived. Why do you think they have their grips firmly around our politicians? It is for their own survival.

So the moral to the story is there is nothing wrong with being kind to an ignorant US ambassador and Irianian hookah lounge owners but realize that if your hope lies in Isreal then you are diametrically opposed to either of those folks views.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:09 AM   #7
Clerkenwell
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
We can 'man up'. Plenty of that in Europe's past (and present). Plenty to ponder on whether it did any good.

Spending money on military assets is easy. Obtaining a political leadership in possession of even modest intelligence who might know why, where, when and how to use it is a trick the USA seems incapable of pulling off.

Just what is the attraction of being the big dumb idiot with all the military toys but not a clue how to use them effectively?
Clerkenwell is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:10 AM   #8
FLWrite
Account Disabled

Quote:
She explained that Europe was terrified of how America would handle this. Europe looks at America like a Lab puppy in a crowded room: ...
Ah, clever words, for such a time as this, I shant say. But this is a bit like saying everyone in London has bad teeth, don't you think?
FLWrite is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:14 AM   #9
Clerkenwell
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
We police the whole world without taxing it properly for doing so. You and other western countries have had a free ride for decades.
Utter drivel. Oh yeah, the USA 'taxes' the rest of the world. All those Eurodollars, all those deficits, all that exported monetary policy.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:14 AM   #10
John Bull
Valued Poster

I think the Canadians have pulled their weight quite nicely in the past and continue to do what all countries do and that is to operate in their own best interest. Having said that, the snobby attitude of the Europeans is a mask for the knowledge of their own inferiority.
John Bull is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:18 AM   #11
Clerkenwell
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bull View Post
I think the Canadians have pulled their weight quite nicely in the past and continue to do what all countries do and that is to operate in their own best interest. Having said that, the snobby attitude of the Europeans is a mask for the knowledge of their own inferiority.
It's a quiet Saturday afternoon, so why not?

As an inferior European, clearly I'm unable to appreciate the full landscape of my and my fellow occupants of this benighted continent's inadequacies. Would you mind listing them so at least one handicap can be removed?

p.s. and the flag on your waistcoat is???
Old 11-13-2010, 09:20 AM   #12
Clerkenwell
Gaining Momentum

Quote:

Don't forget the lab puppy's tendency to piss on your floor. Nor its need for constant attention and approval.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:24 AM   #13
John Bull
Valued Poster

Well someone mentioned the European love of incrementalism. How did that work out for you in the last 100 years?
John Bull is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:34 AM   #14
Clerkenwell
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bull View Post
Well someone mentioned the European love of incrementalism. How did that work out for you in the last 100 years?
Poor answer from a self-professed elitist. Is that what passes for the repartee of debate over there? Gosh.

Someone else may have mentioned incrementalism, I don't recall agreeing it as the ground for our discussion.

Indeed, it's a description of Europe with limited basis in fact given that 100 years ago we had (and this is a small selection of events from a turbulent century); extant Russian, German, British and Austro-Hungarian empires, all of which evaporated as the result of either / both WW I and WW II; no welfare states; Hitler and Mussolini were treats still in store; no votes for women; etc, etc...

I'm still waiting for that tutorial in our inadequacies. If that's the best you can do perhaps a new tutor should step forward.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:36 AM   #15
ForumPoster
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 16998
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
We police the whole world without taxing it properly for doing so. You and other western countries have had a free ride for decades. .
Since we are using silly analogies ... lets say I take it upon myself to do sobriety check on all major highways in the city and enlist help of few well armed friends to do that. Noone asked me to do that, noone gave me the right to do that, but I am doing it for the greater good of fellow drivers. And if someone thinks I have no right to impose this greater good ... well too bad for them.

Should I impose sobriety check point tax on unduly harrassed drivers?

Lina
ForumPoster is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women