Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Other US Hotspots > Nebraska > The Sandbox - Nebraska
The Sandbox - Nebraska The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 11-27-2017, 05:03 PM   #16
Jam3768
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Woo Hoo!!! The Clones just a signed Matt Campbell to a 6 year extension. Yessss!!!! It is worth 22.5 million. Take that Shucker and Squawkeye fans.
Jam3768 is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 05:55 PM   #17
xfrankthetankx
Valued Poster

Location: The ugly red headed bastard stepchild of the Twin Cities
Encounters: 21

If Nebraska even had a chance at Matt Campbell before this, his original buyout prior to this reported extension was $9.34 million.

Nebraska owes Riley $6 million and still owe Bo Pellini about the same. Plus several million to various assistants hired by both coaches that got pink slips as part of their contracts upon the firing of the head coach.

The ball is in Bill Moos court, who will he hire?

I doubt we hear anything until after Scott Frost completes his season with Central Florida.

Chip Kelly is out. A few coaches who failed in the SEC are available now too.

I have a feeling that Bill Moos is the only guy that knows for certain whose name is not Scott Frost.

This is probably Nebraska's last chance to restore their legacy. They won their last conference championship 18 years ago and their last national title 20 years ago.

I wonder how many of those 18 year old (and under) recruits are aware of Nebraska's legacy before a recruiter shows up? Do the recruits even care about a legacy that ended the year they were born or the year they were born after.

Good luck not violating NCAA rules and getting any of those top recruits from Texas and Florida to come to Lincoln. They're already down their top recruit (5 star) and his buddy (4 star). How many more will they lose?

I doubt they make the top 20 or top 25 for recruiting as of right now. That's just one of many negatives to come as Nebraska decides between turning around or becoming a basement dweller who yammers on and on about the more and more distant past.

Frankly Iowa State has a better chance at changing the culture and as Matt Campbell says "Raise the Standard" than Nebraska does right now.

Bill Moos is going to need every bit of 3 years with whoever he hires. Matt Campbell's and Jeff Brohm's are rare. Plenty of snake oil salesman out there to make the mistake of hiring.

Take a hard look at Minnesota, Rutgers, Indiana, Illinois, and others as their coaches are having mixed results at best.

Coaching choices will continue to drop like flies as programs hire and fire up through the end of bowl season.

Is Bill Moos putting all his eggs in one basket? Who will be available by the time Bill Moos announces the next victim/coach?

Anyway, so many questions, so few answers.

Soon enough Bill Moos will reveal the answer. Will the fans agree or will they ruin the hire like Tennessee fans just did?
xfrankthetankx is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 09:06 PM   #18
61corv
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 13

Les Miles, his son is at Lincoln. He can restore the program and hand it to Scott Frost when he can prove he can compete with the big boys. IMO

Mike Leach would be just plain fun too.
61corv is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 09:11 PM   #19
burkalini
Valued Poster

Encounters: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam3768 View Post
Nooo. Definitely not. The Shuckers should keep their coaching staff totally intact for the foreseeable future. This is almost as good as the Golden Years of Bill Callahan, but not quite because Mike Riley isn't remotely as arrogant as Callahan was.

You Shucker fans need to face reality. You do not have an elite program anymore. Elite programs have stability in the coaching staff and the athletic department. Since Bob Devaney passed away and Tom Osborne retired, you guys have had neither of the above. You people should realize you have joined the ranks of the Colorado's. Kansas State's and Iowa State's of the college football world and accept your lot in life.

I am an alumni of Iowa State and a life long Shucker hater. I am aware that statement may stir up some controversy in this forum, but that has never been something I have shied away from in the past. Nor will I now.

I get a huge kick out of every time I hear some 3 piece suit in Lincoln say how "We do things the right way here." Really. You guys fired Frank Solich after a season in which his team won 10 games and traded him in for Bill Callahan, who won 5 games the following season. Wouldn't you like to win 10 games this year? You fired the incredibly obnoxious Bo Pelini after he won at least 9 games in each of his 7 years there. Wouldn't you like to win 9 games this year? I also liked how some of you Shucker faithful that traveled to Minnesota were mad because the coaches weren't yelling at the players on the sidelines during the game. And some other suit in Lincoln responded to that by saying how that has never been the way Husker coaches conduct themselves on the sidelines. Hello? Wasn't one of your recent coaches the aforementioned Bo Pelini??? Who would scream at his own players while grabbing them by the face mask and get multiple unsportsmanlike conduct penalties on the same play because he couldn't stop screaming at the officials. Yes indeed. The Huskers always do things the right way.

The Golden Years of Bill Callahan ended almost all of your annoying streaks. Consecutive years without a losing season, consecutive bowl game appearances, consecutive seasons where all of you thought you were better than every other program in the country. He ended all of them but one. That one is the consecutive sellout streak. Callahan would have ended that one if he had one more year. So would Riley if he is granted another season, but that isn't going to happen either. However, after Scott Frost snubs you guys and takes the Florida Gators job, after Matt Campbell snubs you and decides to stay in Ames, after you spend most of the winter floundering around searching for a coach and finally end up getting some low priced mid range chump to agree to be your head coach, then it will finally be time for you all to do the right thing and stop buying tickets to these games. Why would you want to continue to spend your money watching them get blown out by the perennial bottom feeders of the Big 10?

Do the right thing and end this consecutive sellout streak. It is time.

I now open the floor to all you myopic Shucker fans who will no doubt take offense to what I have just written. It is now open season on Jam. Take your best shot.
They didn't fire Frank for his performance. They fired him for his alcohol consumption and his propensity for college girls
burkalini is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 09:12 PM   #20
burkalini
Valued Poster

Frost will be the coach. I think he will announce it after this Saturdays game
Old 11-27-2017, 09:16 PM   #21
burkalini
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfrankthetankx View Post
Life long Husker hater as well.

The sellout streak is in peril.

The ability to attain top 25 recruiting classes is in peril (the top recruit just rescinded his commitment).

Last National Title 1997 when Scott Frost was the QB no one remembers the name of.

Last Division Title 1999.

Without a good coach (and Matt Campbell is not going to leave Iowa State if you've read the Ames Tribune's multi part write up on him) and not a snake oil salesman like PJ Fleck the Huskers will finally attain irrelevance comparable to that of the Husker basketball team.

Look at what Brohm has done with Purdue and look at what PJ Fleck hasn't done at Minnesota. Fleck just wanted a Power 5 paycheck. Brohm wants to turn Purdue back into an NFL QB factory that churns out Drew Bree's types every few year. It's as simple as one is a coach and the other is a con man.

Is Scott Frost a con man looking for a paycheck?

Bilema might have kept his job at Arkansas today, so that's another name Husker fans can quit beating off to.

Welcome to the Big Ten basement Nebraska, it's too bad you're not a basketball school.

Iowa and Wisconsin have been out playing you with recruiting classes well outside of the top 25 for quite a while.

Where's the coaching? Where's the player development?

The Iowa game will be a big measuring stick depending on which Iowa team shows up. The Iowa that got exploited by Purdue or the Iowa that beat Ohio State like a red headed stepchild. Which team shows up?

Iowa "Fucking" State is looking like an actual Power Five football school. Repeat, the basketball school, the one Nebraska beat like a red headed stepchild nearly every game in the Big 8/12. The basketball school is playing Power Five football better than Nebraska.

Then again, I'm a lifelong Hawkeye fan and watching the Purdue game is the closest thing to feeling like a Husker fan I've experienced this year.

Need I continue to demonstrate the irrelevance of a program that died long before Husker fans realized their program sucked eggs this year?

I really hope the coaching hunt goes well, if not, good luck selling 90,000 tickets. Start keeping track of Illinois football sales, Memorial Stadium will be as empty as Illinois' stadium is every weekend soon enough.

Iowa built a player development program with 2 coaches in most fans life times. And guess what? Kinnick may only hold 70,000, but at least Iowa's fan base believes in the team enough to fill the stadium most weekends.

Memorial Stadium will be a ghost town and might gain the moniker of Kinnick West. For many years the Metrodome was known as Kinnick North. Yep, you're looking to be on the level of the mostly hapless Minnesota Golden Gophers who aren't even good at basketball. Although, Wisconsin would like to thank the Gophers for letting them teabag the state as they poach recruits on a regular basis.

Oh, and how are you losing the recruiting battle in Omaha and the rest of Nebraska to Iowa?

And why aren't the Huskers using their talented tight end more? Iowa makes a living off high quality and even mediocre tight ends. And one of those tight ends is from Omaha. Who screwed the pooch on that recruiting attempt?

The list goes on. Seriously, the Huskers are playing like a JV football squad. Mike Riley is just finishing up putting the nails in the coffin. Will the new coach bring a pry bar and find talent?

Or rest on his laurels because the Huskers pay their mediocre coaches like they're national champions. 5 million a year, really? No wonder, the program is becoming an abject failure. Any charlatan worth their salt sees the cash cow in a delusional program whose delusional fans are just now beginning to see the scam that has been perpetrated on them for nearing 20 years.

Husker fans are the worst fans too FYI. I'll take getting trampled at Camp Randall over listening to the delusions of grandeur present at the majority of Husker tailgates.

As Kirk Ferentz would say (paraphrased?), "A win is a win"

Another husker hating asshole. Well I guess we will have to just remember our 46 conference titles and 5 national championships. Now how many does Wisconsin and Iowa have. that's what I thought. Either pony up who your team is or STFU
Old 11-28-2017, 07:13 AM   #22
hobbyistinomaha
Premium Access

Encounters: 102

The thing I will never understand about Iowa fans is how they are perfectly fine with just having a winning record, as long as Nebraska does bad. Most Iowa fans I know are more obsessed with Nebraska football losing than their own team winning. What they won't ever understand is what it is like to be on top and thus will never know the obsessive desire and expectation to be there again. They think that Nebraska football is nuts for not just accepting 9-3 or 8-4 as a great season. They just never seem to have a national championship as a goal. So to make them feel better about loving an average team they feel the need to revel in others failure. It is something I will never understand. Nebraska wants national championships not a division championship once ever five years or so. Sometimes that takes time after a legend leaves. See Alabama after Bear Bryant retired. Florida State after Bobby Bowden. Notre Dame. Florida. UCLA basketball. Even Iowa wrestling to an extent. All former national champions that are still searching and will until they are back on top.
hobbyistinomaha is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 03:13 PM   #23
xfrankthetankx
Valued Poster

Living in the past doesn't get Nebraska recruits who weren't even born yet when Nebraska won it's last conference title in 1999. Most of their young players weren't even born yet when Nebraska won it's last national title in 1997.

It's great that you had the laughable Big Eight and Big 12 to dominate during all those years of alleged greatness recruits don't care about.

Recruits want results so they can get picked higher in the draft and make more money if they even have a shot at the NFL.

Sure Nebraska is still churning out draft picks, but they're all draft picks with no credentials in recent memory.

Look, in Iowa you're either a Husker fan or a Husker hater, there is no middle ground. Yet, I can have a civil conversation with a Husker fan in Husker box seats proudly wearing my black and gold in a sea of red on Friday.

I'm a facts and statistics guy and currently those things don't bode well for Nebraska in recent memory when taken as a whole.

Do I wish ill will on Nebraska? No. Why? Because I'd rather watch a competitive football game than sit through a blow out. Look at the half time shots of the Ohio State game or the third quarter shots of the Iowa game.

You know what I see? A fan base built on fair weather fans who are tired of losing.

Try being an Iowa State fan and sitting through zero win seasons or Troy Davis arguably getting snubbed out of a Heisman.

Try being an Iowa fan and sitting through 1 win seasons and wondering how Kirk was going to repair the sloppy handover of the keys from Hayden Fry. Or if you're old enough the zero win seasons prior to Hayden Fry turning Iowa around and exiting the Big Ten basement.

If Nebraska wants dominance they should have moved back to the Big 12 long ago. The Big 12 North even with Iowa State on the rise looks a whole lot friendlier than the Big Ten West does right now.

I hope Nebraska finally finds the coach they are looking for. The farther and farther in the rearview mirror greatness becomes the harder it will be to convince quality coaches to come to a program that is stuck on living in the past. It's time to live in the present and look to the future Husker fans.

I want competitive college football out of every game. If I wanted to watch blow outs I'd be an Ohio State fan and watch Urban Meyer refuse to rest his starters until the final minutes of a blow out. Plus I'd have to be even more of an asshole and insist on calling Ohio State "The Ohio State University" with is easily the douchiest thing I've ever heard.

All those teams mentioned above have rich recruiting ground to come back off of.

Nebraska has to legally convince these kids to go hours from home on the promise that Nebraska will be great again. That is a tall order for any recruiter when coupled with factors like lower levels of sports participation among youth and massive consolidation of sports programs just to field an 8 man football team.

The other teams above have hills to climb in comparison to the mountain that Nebraska has in front of it.

Yes, programs can come back, but Miami (for example) has some of the richest recruiting grounds in the country to pick talent from.

In Pennsylvania kids only care about playing for Penn State (not Pitt or Penn), same thing with Ohio and Ohio State (not Ohio, Miami (OH), or Kent State).

Recruiting is key and the first thing that has to happen is to win recruiting in Nebraska. No high school football player in Nebraska should even be thinking about playing anywhere else but Nebraska. Nebraska is losing the battle simply because Omaha South grad Noah Fant is a starting tight end at Iowa who is already showing NFL level potential.

We could talk all day about where to recruit, but Iowa beyond a few pockets of Huskerland left over in Western Iowa is looking to be dominated by Iowa and Iowa State with UNI picking up the scraps with their history of FCS Playoff appearances and wins over FCS powers over the recent (key word) years.

I'm not a Wisconsin fan, so I don't have their stats at the ready.

But I know from friends who are Wisconsin fans that Minnesota is the great poaching ground of talent for surrounding states (and Wisconsin is considered the 400 pound gorilla of recruiting there), which includes FCS powers like NDSU and SDSU.

Other than JUCO powers shouldn't Kansas (as a state) fear Nebraska getting a foothold on recruiting there? What about Missouri (as a state), it's not like Mizzou's move to the SEC has panned out very well? Should Nebraska be losing South Dakota (as a state) to an FCS school? Should Nebraska be losing Colorado (as a state) to Colorado State?

Can Nebraska build a pipeline to Florida and/or Texas?

All valid questions regarding recruiting alone without expanding the recruiting radius terribly far.

I know what I'm getting as an Iowa fan. I have no delusions of grandeur about decades of dominance dating back 18-20 years ago. Which was well before Nebraska moved to the Big Ten in search of the greatness that has yet to be found.

I truly wish Nebraska well on their coaching search and hope the greatness that is still expected 18-20 years later can be found again.

Maybe that greatness is in Scott Frost. Maybe the Hail Mary throw to the palatable risk of Les Miles is the way to go while keeping Scott Frost in the wings.

Who knows?

I just know that Nebraska's failures have turned a forced rivalry into a rivalry that feels real.

Ultimately it's Bill Moos decision. Ask Georgia Tech about how well the RPO works in the ACC also. 1 team running a unique offense in a conference does not always bode well, just ask Kansas State.

I could continue, but I won't. At least for now that is.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:18 PM   #24
burkalini
Valued Poster

Quote:
Living in the past doesn't get Nebraska recruits who weren't even born yet when Nebraska won it's last conference title in 1999. Most of their young players weren't even born yet when Nebraska won it's last national title in 1997.

It's great that you had the laughable Big Eight and Big 12 to dominate during all those years of alleged greatness recruits don't care about.

Recruits want results so they can get picked higher in the draft and make more money if they even have a shot at the NFL.

Sure Nebraska is still churning out draft picks, but they're all draft picks with no credentials in recent memory.

Look, in Iowa you're either a Husker fan or a Husker hater, there is no middle ground. Yet, I can have a civil conversation with a Husker fan in Husker box seats proudly wearing my black and gold in a sea of red on Friday.

I'm a facts and statistics guy and currently those things don't bode well for Nebraska in recent memory when taken as a whole.

Do I wish ill will on Nebraska? No. Why? Because I'd rather watch a competitive football game than sit through a blow out. Look at the half time shots of the Ohio State game or the third quarter shots of the Iowa game.

You know what I see? A fan base built on fair weather fans who are tired of losing.

Try being an Iowa State fan and sitting through zero win seasons or Troy Davis arguably getting snubbed out of a Heisman.

Try being an Iowa fan and sitting through 1 win seasons and wondering how Kirk was going to repair the sloppy handover of the keys from Hayden Fry. Or if you're old enough the zero win seasons prior to Hayden Fry turning Iowa around and exiting the Big Ten basement.

If Nebraska wants dominance they should have moved back to the Big 12 long ago. The Big 12 North even with Iowa State on the rise looks a whole lot friendlier than the Big Ten West does right now.

I hope Nebraska finally finds the coach they are looking for. The farther and farther in the rearview mirror greatness becomes the harder it will be to convince quality coaches to come to a program that is stuck on living in the past. It's time to live in the present and look to the future Husker fans.

I want competitive college football out of every game. If I wanted to watch blow outs I'd be an Ohio State fan and watch Urban Meyer refuse to rest his starters until the final minutes of a blow out. Plus I'd have to be even more of an asshole and insist on calling Ohio State "The Ohio State University" with is easily the douchiest thing I've ever heard.

All those teams mentioned above have rich recruiting ground to come back off of.

Nebraska has to legally convince these kids to go hours from home on the promise that Nebraska will be great again. That is a tall order for any recruiter when coupled with factors like lower levels of sports participation among youth and massive consolidation of sports programs just to field an 8 man football team.

The other teams above have hills to climb in comparison to the mountain that Nebraska has in front of it.

Yes, programs can come back, but Miami (for example) has some of the richest recruiting grounds in the country to pick talent from.

In Pennsylvania kids only care about playing for Penn State (not Pitt or Penn), same thing with Ohio and Ohio State (not Ohio, Miami (OH), or Kent State).

Recruiting is key and the first thing that has to happen is to win recruiting in Nebraska. No high school football player in Nebraska should even be thinking about playing anywhere else but Nebraska. Nebraska is losing the battle simply because Omaha South grad Noah Fant is a starting tight end at Iowa who is already showing NFL level potential.

We could talk all day about where to recruit, but Iowa beyond a few pockets of Huskerland left over in Western Iowa is looking to be dominated by Iowa and Iowa State with UNI picking up the scraps with their history of FCS Playoff appearances and wins over FCS powers over the recent (key word) years.

I'm not a Wisconsin fan, so I don't have their stats at the ready.

But I know from friends who are Wisconsin fans that Minnesota is the great poaching ground of talent for surrounding states (and Wisconsin is considered the 400 pound gorilla of recruiting there), which includes FCS powers like NDSU and SDSU.

Other than JUCO powers shouldn't Kansas (as a state) fear Nebraska getting a foothold on recruiting there? What about Missouri (as a state), it's not like Mizzou's move to the SEC has panned out very well? Should Nebraska be losing South Dakota (as a state) to an FCS school? Should Nebraska be losing Colorado (as a state) to Colorado State?

Can Nebraska build a pipeline to Florida and/or Texas?

All valid questions regarding recruiting alone without expanding the recruiting radius terribly far.

I know what I'm getting as an Iowa fan. I have no delusions of grandeur about decades of dominance dating back 18-20 years ago. Which was well before Nebraska moved to the Big Ten in search of the greatness that has yet to be found.

I truly wish Nebraska well on their coaching search and hope the greatness that is still expected 18-20 years later can be found again.

Maybe that greatness is in Scott Frost. Maybe the Hail Mary throw to the palatable risk of Les Miles is the way to go while keeping Scott Frost in the wings.

Who knows?

I just know that Nebraska's failures have turned a forced rivalry into a rivalry that feels real.

Ultimately it's Bill Moos decision. Ask Georgia Tech about how well the RPO works in the ACC also. 1 team running a unique offense in a conference does not always bode well, just ask Kansas State.

I could continue, but I won't. At least for now that is.
I don't believe you can call a team that has 56 years of consectutive sellout fair weather fans
Old 11-29-2017, 01:37 PM   #25
xfrankthetankx
Valued Poster

You can when you hear them talking about not going to games anymore.

Sure, the tickets are sold, but some of those seats are awfully cold.

Just saying the tide is turning as fans that got used to winning are moving on to their new favorite team (sticking to Big Ten only I'm aware of a few that have moved onto Michigan and Wisconsin for example).

56 years is a great stat, but I wouldn't take the bet on 57 if the new coach can't guide the team to 6 wins or more.

Bill Moos has the unenviable choice of choosing the next coach who will spell either certain peril for the last reminder of greatness Nebraska has left (the sell out streak) or will be the spark that brings Nebraska in contention for at least a division title.

A good coach will need every bit of the 3 years Bill Moos is already on record as giving to get into the Conference title picture (Wisconsin has made the case for being a Big Ten and possibly national power in the past ten years and they have been through 3 coaches in that same time period too. Seriously, look at the stats.).

And felling one of the 4 headed beasts of power in the Big Ten East (Ohio State/Penn State/Michigan/Michigan State) will require winning on more than just the football field (recruiting and player development come to mind) to succeed.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:15 AM   #26
Jam3768
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

I watched some of the Dallas vs Washington game on TV last night. Fairly boring game but it was fun seeing Bill Callahan roaming the sidelines for the Redskins. I do miss him so.
Jam3768 is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:52 PM   #27
burkalini
Valued Poster

Quote:
You can when you hear them talking about not going to games anymore.

Sure, the tickets are sold, but some of those seats are awfully cold.

Just saying the tide is turning as fans that got used to winning are moving on to their new favorite team (sticking to Big Ten only I'm aware of a few that have moved onto Michigan and Wisconsin for example).

56 years is a great stat, but I wouldn't take the bet on 57 if the new coach can't guide the team to 6 wins or more.

Bill Moos has the unenviable choice of choosing the next coach who will spell either certain peril for the last reminder of greatness Nebraska has left (the sell out streak) or will be the spark that brings Nebraska in contention for at least a division title.

A good coach will need every bit of the 3 years Bill Moos is already on record as giving to get into the Conference title picture (Wisconsin has made the case for being a Big Ten and possibly national power in the past ten years and they have been through 3 coaches in that same time period too. Seriously, look at the stats.).

And felling one of the 4 headed beasts of power in the Big Ten East (Ohio State/Penn State/Michigan/Michigan State) will require winning on more than just the football field (recruiting and player development come to mind) to succeed.

It's going to be Scott frost. Although different in offensive outlook he has the basics down already. Just his hiring will insure a couple more years of sellout. It will take a few years to get it going but he can recruit from both sides of the country and naturally home area talent since he is from here. He can't make miracles but consistency in improvement will increase patience. All the players like Riley but I don't think they truly respected his coaching ability. This years team complete gave up. You could see it in their faces. Win or lose Frost will have them playing until the gun in the fourth quarter. It's funny people love to rag on Neb. When their own team doesn't have much hardware.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:53 PM   #28
burkalini
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam3768 View Post
I watched some of the Dallas vs Washington game on TV last night. Fairly boring game but it was fun seeing Bill Callahan roaming the sidelines for the Redskins. I do miss him so.
Fuck Bill Callahan. Fuck his friends and fuck his team. Other than that he's a great guy. lol
Old 12-02-2017, 02:36 AM   #29
xfrankthetankx
Valued Poster

Hardware doesn't matter anymore. Unless you're Alabama or Ohio State your chances are entirely cyclical and Nebraska got off the cycle sometime around 1999.

I really hope Scott Frost is the be all end all over another bust.

A coach doesn't sell out stadiums. The players and their ability to play together sell tickets.

Whoever gets the job has a lot of holes to fill. A lot of player development and position coaching to catch up on as well.

We rag on Nebraska because we know what we're getting with our "lesser" team.

We're not the most delusional fan base in all of America. Nebraska will never be a national power again in the current college football landscape.

College football has room for 1 or maybe two perpetual national powers and I doubt Alabama is giving up their slot any time soon. Nick Saban can shit a 5 star recruit that is ready to play at a moments notice.

As they say in Wisconsin, "On Wisconsin".

Check Wisconsin's stats for the last ten years before you write them off cuz they don't have a national championship from 20 years ago.

I do guarantee that Scott Frost doesn't take any open SEC or top tier ACC jobs. No one wants those jobs because they've conned America with weak schedules that practically guarantee a minimum of 6 wins. One of the few times I will agree with Colin Cowherd on anything. So Nebraska is an attractive opportunity for Mr. Frost.

The above is a big part of why Chip Kelly took the UCLA job over some of his other suitors. UCLA has low expectations, so he has time to rebuild without being stuck on a short timetable like the 3 years and you're gone if you can't succeed in the SEC jobs.

College football has change a lot since 1997/1999 and Nebraska is living in the past.

Hopefully Scott Frost can bring them into the future and end the cycle of blow out losses. College football needs competitive games because the majority of fans don't want to watch Urban Meyer and Ohio State run the score up with the first string until there are 2 minutes left. I would have killed for Nebraska to have actually shown up in the second half against Iowa and kept playing a close back and forth game.

I just want competitive football games.

Anyway I'm bringing a Husker fan with me to next years game at Kinnick. So don't be so fast to judge me. I'm a college football fan in general. Iowa first, Iowa State second, UNI third, and Big Ten Conference loyalty fourth.

Here's to Ohio State being met with a defense they don't know how to play against. Otherwise Wisconsin is a mostly young team like Iowa which may not bode well for Nebraska over the next few years.
Old 12-02-2017, 02:48 PM   #30
burkalini
Valued Poster

Quote:
Hardware doesn't matter anymore. Unless you're Alabama or Ohio State your chances are entirely cyclical and Nebraska got off the cycle sometime around 1999.

I really hope Scott Frost is the be all end all over another bust.

A coach doesn't sell out stadiums. The players and their ability to play together sell tickets.

Whoever gets the job has a lot of holes to fill. A lot of player development and position coaching to catch up on as well.

We rag on Nebraska because we know what we're getting with our "lesser" team.

We're not the most delusional fan base in all of America. Nebraska will never be a national power again in the current college football landscape.

College football has room for 1 or maybe two perpetual national powers and I doubt Alabama is giving up their slot any time soon. Nick Saban can shit a 5 star recruit that is ready to play at a moments notice.

As they say in Wisconsin, "On Wisconsin".

Check Wisconsin's stats for the last ten years before you write them off cuz they don't have a national championship from 20 years ago.

I do guarantee that Scott Frost doesn't take any open SEC or top tier ACC jobs. No one wants those jobs because they've conned America with weak schedules that practically guarantee a minimum of 6 wins. One of the few times I will agree with Colin Cowherd on anything. So Nebraska is an attractive opportunity for Mr. Frost.

The above is a big part of why Chip Kelly took the UCLA job over some of his other suitors. UCLA has low expectations, so he has time to rebuild without being stuck on a short timetable like the 3 years and you're gone if you can't succeed in the SEC jobs.

College football has change a lot since 1997/1999 and Nebraska is living in the past.

Hopefully Scott Frost can bring them into the future and end the cycle of blow out losses. College football needs competitive games because the majority of fans don't want to watch Urban Meyer and Ohio State run the score up with the first string until there are 2 minutes left. I would have killed for Nebraska to have actually shown up in the second half against Iowa and kept playing a close back and forth game.

I just want competitive football games.

Anyway I'm bringing a Husker fan with me to next years game at Kinnick. So don't be so fast to judge me. I'm a college football fan in general. Iowa first, Iowa State second, UNI third, and Big Ten Conference loyalty fourth.

Here's to Ohio State being met with a defense they don't know how to play against. Otherwise Wisconsin is a mostly young team like Iowa which may not bode well for Nebraska over the next few years.
People love to hate Nebraska. They bask in their defeat and push aside any won. They downplay their conferences. It's really a compliment when jealousy creates hate. Wisconsin 39th Iowa 65th Iowa state is not on the friggin list at all. Now nebraska is 5th in all time college wins. Only Michigan has more wins than Nebraska. Oklahoma ,Alabama and Penn Sate are behind Neb. When your college has these kind of standings then you can stand up and say they are crap. Winning is cyclical and the wheel just turned our way

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women