Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40279
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Old 11-03-2011, 07:55 PM   #1
Guest110511
Account Disabled

User ID: 7261
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Ex boyfriends has my equipment

I took my new computer that cost over $300 and my tens unit with attachments that cost over $300, my rose bud sounds that cost $75 and my new violet wand that was $150..oh and an IPhone that I let him use that go's for like 2-$300 on the market.
I took it over there so we could watch movies and play Dr. later.
The next couple of days we broke up..and now he is refusing to give me my work related equipment back.. what can I do?

I don't mind going to court~ how would I go by doing that and getting my stuff back,what if he has damaged my equipment while he has had my things?

You may message me privately if you like~ yes he reads this message board...
Guest110511 is offline   Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:01 PM   #2
Guest020312-2
Account Disabled

User ID: 86457
My ECCIE Reviews

Break into his house and use the largest sound you have. Take that violet want straight to his dick head.. Let's see who still wants to play doctor. LoL, totally kidding. Don't do any of that stuff I was joking. Let him know that you will go to the cops. Do not tell them those toys are work related. If he still won't give you your stuff after you tell him then go to the cops. Keep ALL forms of communication in either text/email or record you all's conversations so you can show them to the cops of when you politely asked for your things to be returned.

P.s. if you are reading this
Guest020312-2 is offline   Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:26 PM   #3
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern
Account Disabled

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by enursecarrie View Post
I took my new computer that cost over $300 and my tens unit with attachments that cost over $300, my rose bud sounds that cost $75 and my new violet wand that was $150..oh and an IPhone that I let him use that go's for like 2-$300 on the market.
I took it over there so we could watch movies and play Dr. later.
The next couple of days we broke up..and now he is refusing to give me my work related equipment back.. what can I do?

I don't mind going to court~ how would I go by doing that and getting my stuff back,what if he has damaged my equipment while he has had my things?

You may message me privately if you like~ yes he reads this message board...
I have heard that possession is 9/10ths the law.. unless you can show receipts or registrations to serial numbers / warranty cards in your name to those items.. you might be SOL.

I would not advise breaking in and stealing just your stuff back.... sort of points a finger at you. What you should do is consult a lawyer.

or try to get back with him long enough to get your stuff back then break up with him again.
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern is offline   Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:40 PM   #4
Anita Lay
BANNED

User ID: 95934
My ECCIE Reviews

Small claims court in your area... if you bought it with credit cards or a debit card that is proof enough. Keep all messages proving you tried to get your items back.
Send him emials.. Send him texts.... log all attempts. Have copies of statements showing you bought these items and GO TO COURT.
If he is watching thats even better because you are attempting to collect your items and we are a witness to it. Good for you.
Anita Lay is offline   Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:32 PM   #5
sketchball82
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

If anything happens to your stuff, he is responsible for replacing it.

I would take him to small claims court. In most areas, taking someone to small claims is very cheap (<$50) unless a warrant is to be served, which makes the price go up ~$30ish. You can always add these costs onto the claim so he becomes responsible.

Generally a summons would be enough to freak him out. If he did give you your stuff back, you could just drop the claim and would only be out the claim cost unless you could freak him out enough so he'd give you that too.

If you do go to court, the standard for burden of proof is preponderance of the evidence. Normally there are no lawyers or jury for small claims. This means that the judge will weight the evidence you provide (receipts, statements, etc... anything to show you purchased the devices) against your ex-BF's rebuttals and rule whichever way seems more likely. NOTE: civil cases are not based upon the reasonable doubt standard you see on TV... it's a much lower bar to get the courts to act in the plantiff's favor. This also means that to beat you in court, your ex-BF will have to perjure himself, because unlike in criminal court, there is no fifth amendment in play. If he doesn't lie to say that the stuff is his (i.e., remains silent), the courts WILL interpret that as meaning the stuff is yours. After a court judgment (presumably in your favor), if he tries not to pay in a reasonable timeframe, you can talk to the county clerk who can fill out the paperwork to garnish his wages.

Hope this helps. Good luck hon.

If you have any follow up questions, PM me.

EDIT: Whatever you do, DO NOT BREAK INTO HIS HOUSE, LOL. Even if you can prove without a doubt the equipment is yours, it doesn't justify B&E!
sketchball82 is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:13 AM   #6
Anita Lay
BANNED

User ID: 95934
My ECCIE Reviews

yes.. what he said
Anita Lay is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women