Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160272
Yssup Rider59843
gman4452860
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47422
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35137
Mojojo33117

Old 01-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #256
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
It never changed. One outcome from the Operation Eagle Claw debacle is that helicopter pilots are now organic to the Delta Force TOE: they are funded and trained to mission standard. Since there were no Delta Force pilots at the time of the rescue, untrained USMC pilots were drafted for the mission. Throughout rehearsals, Beckwith and Kyle were not impressed with the pilots’ skills (reread the above), and they doubted the pilots’ abilities to carry out the mission (reread the above). Beckwith and Kyle subsequently blamed these USMC pilots (plural: not singular - reread the above) for the mission’s failure because they demonstrated they were not equal to the task. As stated above, Beckwith believed “they all lacked experience, nerve, and skill” which is synonymous with saying they were not trained. It's in black and white, but you refuse to acknowledge it.

Furthermore, your insistence that the Air Force had better trained pilots is ridiculous. How many stereotypical, pansy-assed Air Force pilots ever lifted-off or landed on an aircraft carrier? Air Force pilots are/were even less qualified, less trained, to meet the requirements of the mission than USMC pilots. The subsequent change in Delta Force’s TOE is a reflection of lessons learned from the mission. Delta Force needed pilots trained to mission standard to be effective.

At the time of Operation Eagle Claw, trained pilots were not allocated or available: they were not funded.
Anyone who can read knows you twisted and squirmed in an attempt to make your moronic and incorrect point and due to the number of repeats, one of your typical lies. Calling statements of others quotes said by yet another person is the least of your misrepresentations.

Now we come to the part that I label you as a cocksucking cowardly lying piece of shit.
You dare to call the pilots of the Air Force and their service during Viet Nam "pansy-assed" shows you are not fit to lick out the pussies of the hookers they fucked. You are just marshall without the balls to get banned. I will reference this in every future post you make.
You are less than nothing.

I still include links for other members of the board. I don't place you on ignore so I can attack you at every chance I get.

http://www.defensemedianetwork.com/s...%99s-farewell/

“These helicopters have flown on 13 missions that earned the Air Force Cross: three for the first three chalks of the Son Tay mission in 1970 to rescue POWs in North Vietnam, six for daring rescues of downed airmen during the Southeast Asia conflict, and four during the Mayaguez recovery effort at Koh Tang Island. Of those 13 aircraft, only one was not subsequently lost in combat or to an accident. That aircraft is 357. It flew as Apple 1 to Son Tay Prison Camp near Hanoi in 1970 – carrying the famed Bull Simons and his team of commandos to rescue American prisoners. On that mission alone, 357’s crew earned one Air Force Cross and four Silver Stars; if you count the decorations of the assault force, add two Distinguished Service Crosses and 20 more Silver Stars to the count.
A U.S. Air Force pilot from the 20th Expeditionary Special Operations Squadron conducts a pre-flight check of an MH-53 Pave Low helicopter prior to the final combat mission at Joint Base Balad, Iraq, on Sept. 27, 2008. DoD photo by Staff Sgt. Aaron Allmon, U.S. Air Force.

“During the remainder of its service in Southeast Asia, 357 was directly involved in several other noteworthy and historic actions. It was involved in18 combat rescue missions, nine while flying as the ‘Low Bird,’ contributing to a total of 28 combat saves. In the course of these sorties, 16 more Jolly Green crewmen earned Silver Stars while aboard. Amazingly, 357 participated in a second mission for which the pilot was awarded the Air Force Cross; it flew as Low Bird on the first day of the Oyster 01 Bravo mission to recover a survivor who had spent three weeks successfully evading in North Vietnam. And, while we are counting, 357 also picked up a PJ who was awarded the Air Force Cross for dragging a survivor 150 yards through enemy territory to a suitable extraction point. The crew of 357, taking 16 hits in the process, picked up the PJ when the helicopter who inserted him was unable to complete the recovery. A remarkable record for an aircraft who flew combat there for three years and saw action in North Vietnam, South Vietnam, Laos, Thailand, Cambodia, and the DMZ!
“Following the end of the Vietnam War, 357 was reassigned to rescue forces in the Pacific for the next 10 years – first in Hawaii, then in Okinawa. Later, it moved to McClellan Air Force Base in California, where it served in the 41st Aerospace Rescue and Recovery Squadron until it was inducted into the Pave Low line in 1987.
“The years of the early ’80s were challenging, as congressional forces sought to revitalize the country’s special operations capability. The nation had made commitments to generate a viable force and the special operations era of H-53 history began in earnest. The first Pave Low had been built before the accident at Desert One, though the production had been canceled.
“Subsequently, the Holloway Commission made specific recommendations regarding the Air Force H-53 fleet and its future potential as Pave Low helicopters within special operations. A reluctant Air Force bore the brunt of the congressional fury that was inspired when the Chiefs of Staff of the Army and the Air Force signed a series of initiatives, including Initiative 17, which made commitments to transfer the mission of rotary wing special operations to the Army
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:50 PM   #257
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchmasterman View Post
Anyone who can read knows you twisted and squirmed in an attempt to make your moronic and incorrect point and due to the number of repeats, one of your typical lies. Calling statements of others quotes said by yet another person is the least of your misrepresentations.

Now we come to the part that I label you as a cocksucking cowardly lying piece of shit.
You dare to call the pilots of the Air Force and their service during Viet Nam "pansy-assed" shows you are not fit to lick out the pussies of the hookers they fucked. You are just marshall without the balls to get banned. I will reference this in every future post you make.
You are less than nothing.

I still include links for other members of the board. I don't place you on ignore so I can attack you at every chance I get.

At the time of Operation Eagle Claw, trained pilots were not allocated or available: they were not funded. Carter was president.

" . . . the readiness is all."
Hamlet. Act v. Sc. 2
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #258
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Quote:
At the time of Operation Eagle Claw, trained pilots were not allocated or available: they were not funded. Carter was president. They were trained to the current standards of the time, you fucking coward.

" . . . the readiness is all." Hamlet. Act v. Sc. 2
The coward speaks. I guess you can still type while you suck. Repeating your bullshit is just repeating bullshit.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:03 PM   #259
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
The coward speaks. I guess you can still type while you suck. Repeating your bullshit is just repeating bullshit.
No amount of repetitive, vituperative speech will bring intelligence to your argument.

At the time of Operation Eagle Claw, trained pilots were not allocated or available: they were not funded. Carter was president.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #260
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Quote:
No amount of repetitive, vituperative speech will bring intelligence to your argument.

You removed any aspect of intelligence from this long ago.
You have not acknowledged you besmirched the service and sacrifices of our brave national heros.

All of this by a coward.

All because you don't want to admit you are wrong.

You suck satan's cock.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #261
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

smells like inter-service rivalry?
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #262
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
You removed any aspect of intelligence from this long ago.
You have not acknowledged you besmirched the service and sacrifices of our brave national heros.

All of this by a coward.
How say you? You do not know my record, nor of my experience working with Air Force personnel. Suffice it to say, the "stereotype" - not of my making - did not pop into existence: it was based on observations of other service men besides myself. Besides, I qualified my statement and did not assail those Air Force personnel who are truly diligent in their duties - just the "nine to fivers".

So carry your false banner and your mock sense of injustice if you must, but my service started with the Vietnam War and ended with the war in Afghanistan. Did you ever live in the dirt in Bagram? No? Didn't think so, so go fuck yourself
Quote:
All because you don't want to admit you are wrong.

You suck satan's cock.
Not wrong. Once again.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:28 PM   #263
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

I thought this thread was about Reagan?
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:45 PM   #264
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjohnstone View Post
heh heh. it should be, but strayed off topic.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:31 PM   #265
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Munchie is starting to sound a little hysterical. I don't think I'm your type and I have to wonder what that country comment is all about. You're not a bigot are you? Some of the big city elitism. I always loved those assholes on Survivor when it was interesting several years ago. They dress good, talk big, but can't figure out how to find water, food, or fire. You know, the really important things.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:54 AM   #266
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Jkn about the STD part...Those std jokes are just so funny , you know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Munchie is starting to sound a little hysterical. I don't think I'm your type and I have to wonder what that country comment is all about. You're not a bigot are you? Some of the big city elitism. I always loved those assholes on Survivor when it was interesting several years ago. They dress good, talk big, but can't figure out how to find water, food, or fire. You know, the really important things.
You watched Survivor more than in passing? ....and you are calling another an asshole?

I think we are coming closer to finding the root cause of your neurosis.

You are one of the least self aware poster I have run across. Wait strike that you are one of the least self aware posters that thinks they actually are.... that I have ever run across.

Have you ever checked for Tertiary syphilis?

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:54 AM   #267
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Tertiary syphillis? No, I don't think we've ever met WTF. Of course humor is over your head just like those balls you had last night.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #268
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjohnstone View Post
OK, I'll bite! Looks like somebody set the transponder to squawk code 7500, but I'll try to reset it.

Like most presidents, Reagan succeeded in some areas and failed in others. But the worst president of our lifetime? Come on, really. Is anyone going to claim with a straight face that he was worse than Nixon, Carter, G. W. Bush, or Obama? And those are just examples from the last 40 years!

For just one example of how ignorant bloggers sometimes just parrot stuff without doing any fact-checking, take a look at this clueless statement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
1. Reagan cut taxes for the Rich, increased taxes on the Middle Class -
Ronald Reagan is loved by conservatives and was loved by big business throughout his presidency and there's a reason for it. When Reagan came into office in January of 1981, the top tax rate was 70%, but when he left office in 1989 the top tax rate was down to only 28%. As Reagan gave the breaks to all his rich friends, there was a lack of revenue coming into the federal government. In order to bring money back into the government, Reagan was forced to raise taxes eleven times throughout his time in office. One example was when he signed into law the Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982. Reagan raised taxes seven of the eight years he was in office and the tax increases were felt hardest by the lower and middle class.
In fact, the opposite is the case. A collection of tax rate reductions and loophole closings under Reagan cut taxes on the middle class and raised taxes on the wealthy. Yeah, I know. That's the opposite of what most people think, but it's true. And that holds even if you account for payroll and gasoline tax increases, imputed incidence of tax increases on businesses, or anything else. One quick point I would make is that those who hold the notion that taxes on the wealthy were cut just because the statutory top-bracket rate fell from 70% to 28% have absolutely no clue how taxation works in the real world.

Where Reagan failed, in my opinion, was in not fulfilling his stated desire to cut spending in a number of areas, and in having something of an excessive amount of faith in some of the tenets of what at the time began to be called "supply-side" economics. In particular, there was a strong reliance on the Laffer curve effect's ability to increase revenue to the Treasury, or to at least have tax cuts boost the economy enough to make the revenue losses worth it, within more ranges on the curve than was actually the case.

David Stockman was Reagan's budget director during his first term. He came in with a fiery zeal to reform the budget process and cut spending in a number of areas, and to restrain its growth in others. But he got very frustrated when he couldn't get that done, and later wrote The Triumph of Politics: Why the Reagan Revolution Failed. I think it's a pretty good insider's look at the policy discussions and debates of the era.

I also highly recommend this video of a long interview with Stockman from about a year ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq9NwyQSzhk

It's a very informative interview -- he makes a number of great points regarding a range of issues, including massive balance-of-payments deficits since the 1970s, S&L and bank bailouts, crony capitalism, speculation arising from monetary expansion, the failure of Dodd-Frank (a crony capitalism "shuffle"), the fact that TBTF banks are now even bigger, and the fact that massive fiat monetary expansion and instability has enabled big players to game the system with the creation of derivatives whose notional values are virtually incalculable, but which almost all analysts place in the hundreds of trillions of dollars. These are what Warren Buffett referred to as "financial weapons of mass destruction" a few years before the most recent financial crisis.

I think Stockman understands the economy, the banking system, monetary policy, and public finance better than almost anyone, and that policymakers would do well to consider his suggestions and heed his warnings.

Of course, it looks like there's little chance they're going to do any such thing.
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 08:26 AM   #269
RamTheJam
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Almost not worth replying too, cuz you can't fix stupid.
This just goes to show how economically and politically illiterate folks can be.
Had you invested $30k in the stock market under Reagan, you would be retiring 5 years early..as am I.
Must be Bernie guy?
RamTheJam is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 11:12 AM   #270
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

why is this old thread from 2011 in in the national: sandbox?????

this should be in the political forum. I see I made a comment about about posting the list of presidents in terms of best to worst. don't know if I did.

I think i'll make a new one with #45 included!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women