Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70409
biomed160550
Yssup Rider59915
gman4452927
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47533
pyramider46370
bambino40317
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35352
Mojojo33117

Old 02-26-2020, 11:17 AM   #46
pussycat
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

We have a right to possess something not because we need them but because the government has no moral right to punish us if we have them. The basis of this Republic was to limit the criminal authority of the state only to those functions which are justified to punish malicious or outrageous acts.

As for the 2nd Amendment it is intended to secure the rights of the states to possess their own militias. That's what the Amendment refers to. Clearly the purpose is so that each state can defend itself, but from what, other states or the Federal government? Seems the Civil War put an end to that Right..

But what's implied in the 2nd Amendment is that all citizens would have weapons because a militia is a group of citizen soldiers using their own weapons. It's an archaic idea now as the states have National Guards which supply the weapons, and helicopters, and tanks. But nevertheless the idea that the Federal government could come along and restrict the ability of citizens to possess weapons would have been unheard of -- ridiculous. There would have been no need for such. But then the idea of mass shootings would also have been considered unheard of and absurd.

The point of the 2nd Amendment was not to guarantee individual rights to possess weapons but for the States to have their own citizen armies to defend against other states or the Federal government, and the Civil War destroyed any legitimacy of a State resisting Federal authority with force, EVEN IF that state voted solidly to do so (which was clearly the intend of the founders).

But the 2nd Amendment has been twisted in order to preserve this individual right as many important things like privacy have been found, through twisted interpretation, to be present in the Constitution because it's easier to do that than to Ratify another Amendment to clarify that Right.
pussycat is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 12:07 PM   #47
sportfisherman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

Does it give us the right to have an atomic bomb ?
Does it give us the right to have a tank ?
Does it give us the right to have a rocket launcher ?

So most would agree that there can and should be some limits.
I personally feel that at a minimum there should be background checks,loopholes closed,and return to a ban we once had on assault weapons.
Anyone against these regulations basically is for mass shootings.
sportfisherman is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 01:31 PM   #48
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default You. The point - miles apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussycat View Post
We have a right to possess something ...
1st of all, it's a God given right. It was not given to us by the benevolent Federal government. 2nd of all, the right to bear arms is an individual right. This was reaffirmed by the Supreme Court in 2008 as an individual right and deemed it to be the codifying of a pre-existing right. As such, it is also not a State right. Plus you could read what the Framers of the Constitution thought. Yes, Virginia, they wrote it down. Not to mention, it is somewhat based upon English law from 1689. So it wasn't even a novel concept.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 03:50 PM   #49
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
And folks after that shit show of a Democratic debate - Trump will get reelected for another 4 years. Hopefully his kids will carry the torch for him after his last term. I'd love to see Ivanka become the first female President.
Because if any of those idiots on stage get into the White House - America is doomed.

God bless America and God bless Donald J. Trump.
What a surprise!!

Both Sanders and Biden lead or are tied with Trump in key battleground states. Is Ivanka still around? She and Pence are invisible these days.

How's your 401k doing? The ONLY thing Trump has going for him is the economy. If it falters he's in big trouble. He, and Republicans in general, have failed on other key issues important to voters -- health care, immigration, and the environment, which are, with the economy, the four highest rated concerns of voters.

‘Not the economy, stupid’: A majority of Americans say 2020 election will be about other issues

No, “it’s not the economy, stupid.” At least, not as far as the way a majority of Americans are currently planning to cast their votes in the 2020 presidential election.

Near two-thirds of Americans (61%) say the 2020 election will be about issues other than the economy, according to a CNBC and Acorns Invest in You survey conducted by SurveyMonkey and released Monday.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/11/not-...e-in-2020.html
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 04:03 PM   #50
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
1st of all, it's a God given right. It was not given to us by the benevolent Federal government. 2nd of all, the right to bear arms is an individual right. This was reaffirmed by the Supreme Court in 2008 as an individual right and deemed it to be the codifying of a pre-existing right. As such, it is also not a State right. Plus you could read what the Framers of the Constitution thought. Yes, Virginia, they wrote it down. Not to mention, it is somewhat based upon English law from 1689. So it wasn't even a novel concept.
God given? Were in the Bible does it state that?

And as Judge Scalia wrote in his writing for the majority:

Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. [It is] not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.”

The Court provided examples of laws it considered “presumptively lawful,” including those which:

Prohibit firearm possession by felons and the mentally ill.

Forbid firearm possession in sensitive places such as schools
and government buildings.

Impose conditions on the commercial sale of firearms.

The Heller decision was far from the blanket endorsement of unlimited gun rights that the gun lobby hoped it might be. Rather, the last decade of post-Heller litigation has demonstrated that the decision was a limited ruling fully compatible with the many lifesaving gun laws that protect us today.

States have been delegated the right to impose gun control laws as they see fit, and if people within the state disagree with the laws, they have to right to appeal to the court system to overturn the laws.
Old 02-26-2020, 04:23 PM   #51
stikiwikit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

"You do not have the right to yell "fire" in a crowded theatre!" Justice Oliver Wendall Holmes. Regardless, of how you twist he 2nd, the fact is no rights are absolute. If you can't own a Howitzer, then it only a step to any other assault weapon meant for war, imo.
stikiwikit is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 04:29 PM   #52
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stikiwikit View Post
"You do not have the right to yell "fire" in a crowded theatre!" Justice Oliver Wendall Holmes. Regardless, of how you twist he 2nd, the fact is no rights are absolute. If you can't own a Howitzer, then it only a step to any other assault weapon meant for war, imo.
The AR-15 and several other semi-automatic weapons are banned in certain states.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:18 PM   #53
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportfisherman View Post
Does it give us the right to have an atomic bomb ?
Does it give us the right to have a tank ?
Does it give us the right to have a rocket launcher ?

So most would agree that there can and should be some limits.
I personally feel that at a minimum there should be background checks,loopholes closed,and return to a ban we once had on assault weapons.
Anyone against these regulations basically is for mass shootings.
It's legal to have a flame thrower
Precious_b is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 06:52 PM   #54
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

Ha! Remember the 2016 polls? I was one of the very few who predicted Trump would win. I'm not worried. Just wait. Trump always comes out on top. No problema. And Ivanka and Pence
are visable. I don't know what you are talking about there.
And the market. Yeah, the corinavirus put a damper on things. But it will will go up again.

What did you think of the monkeys on the debate stage throwing shit at each other?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
What a surprise!!

Both Sanders and Biden lead or are tied with Trump in key battleground states. Is Ivanka still around? She and Pence are invisible these days.

How's your 401k doing? The ONLY thing Trump has going for him is the economy. If it falters he's in big trouble. He, and Republicans in general, have failed on other key issues important to voters -- health care, immigration, and the environment, which are, with the economy, the four highest rated concerns of voters.

‘Not the economy, stupid’: A majority of Americans say 2020 election will be about other issues

No, “it’s not the economy, stupid.” At least, not as far as the way a majority of Americans are currently planning to cast their votes in the 2020 presidential election.

Near two-thirds of Americans (61%) say the 2020 election will be about issues other than the economy, according to a CNBC and Acorns Invest in You survey conducted by SurveyMonkey and released Monday.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/11/not-...e-in-2020.html
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 07:29 PM   #55
Dev Null
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
What did you think of the monkeys on the debate stage throwing shit at each other?
Better than the monkey in the Oval Office throwing shit at himself.
Dev Null is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 07:59 PM   #56
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

-
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 08:10 PM   #57
Dev Null
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Did anyone else hear Trump talking today about how the stock market is down because of the Democratic debates, not the corona virus?

Of course the bulk of the losses happened before the debates, but don't confuse him with the facts, he's already made up his mind.

I'm sure everyone feels much safer now that he's appointed vice president Mike Dunce as the corona czar. Maybe he can pray it away.
Dev Null is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 06:14 AM   #58
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Ha! Remember the 2016 polls? I was one of the very few who predicted Trump would win. I'm not worried. Just wait. Trump always comes out on top. No problema. And Ivanka and Pence
are visable. I don't know what you are talking about there.
And the market. Yeah, the corinavirus put a damper on things. But it will will go up again.

I remember the 2016 Republican debates. Name calling. Discussion on which candidate had the biggest "hands". Discussion of issues took a back seat to the hateful rhetoric going on on the stage. At least, for the most part, the Democratic debates are about the issues. You and I may not like the particular stances certain candidates are taking, but at least they are being discussed.

The major problems at the last debate were due to the lack of control by the moderators. Allowing people to talk over each other. Allowing people to interrupt others. Horrible job by them.

I agree that you were one of the few who called Trump's victory. And I was wrong. However, you were wrong in 2018 and I was right. I am still waiting for a while before predicting the 2020 presidential election. I have stated that Republicans will hold the Senate majority but possibly lose one or two seats. And Democrats will hold the House majority but lose some seats. And Trump will get less electoral votes in 2020 than he did in 2016.

As for the market. All good things must come to an end. There is little reason why the market has gone up like it has. Now reality is setting in. Remember, this bull market started under Obama.

Dow Futures Crumble as 10-Year Bull Run Nears Painful End

Wall Street analysts, including Citigroup, warned of a 20% stock market drop - a technical bear market and the end of a record-breaking ten-year run.

DJIA futures down over 350 points. Remember how recently Trump supporters were bragging about the DJIA possibly breaking 30.000? Now it might break 26,000 -- in the wrong direction. I have said before -- when the market was going up, Trump took full credit for it. With the current slump, yesterday Trump blamed Sanders. So typical of him.

Pence? He has been given very little responsibilities by Trump over the last 3 years. Trump is a control freak. And what does Trump finally give him responsibilty for? Controlling the conronavirus. Damn!! Thanks a lot Donald.

Ivanka? Haven't heard diddly from her.
Old 02-27-2020, 07:02 AM   #59
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev Null View Post
Did anyone else hear Trump talking today about how the stock market is down because of the Democratic debates, not the corona virus?

Of course the bulk of the losses happened before the debates, but don't confuse him with the facts, he's already made up his mind.

I'm sure everyone feels much safer now that he's appointed vice president Mike Dunce as the corona czar. Maybe he can pray it away.
FOX News blames Bernie. Trump blames everyone.

Fox Business Blaming Stock Market Drop on Sanders Is a Sign of Things to Come
Old 02-27-2020, 07:08 AM   #60
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Wandering while I wonder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
...‘Not the economy, stupid’: A majority of Americans say 2020 election will be about other issues...
FAKE AF news article quote aside; I wonder if it's not the economy is because the economy is not stupid these days?

Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women