Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Comedy Central
Comedy Central All your funny stuff goes here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70391
biomed160347
Yssup Rider59858
gman4452876
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47444
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37065
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35201
Mojojo33117

Old 01-16-2010, 07:59 PM   #1
lemontrees
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1548
Default AnySolcier.com NOT so funny

this site was posted back at Thanksgiving time by someone, and I have forgotten who. But itis important enough to post again, and I hope the original poster will chime in and get credit ( and forgive my poor memory)
Please take a moment to visit this site.

www.AnySoldier.com

Marines are my "pet" so that is the group I looked into. I am sure the situations are as bleak formanyof the other branches.

Pick a Armed Service Branch under Where to Send. Select a representative and see what they are requesting. Many are heartwrenching. If you can remain unaffected, you must have a heart of stone.

PLEASE take a moment of your time and a little bit of your money. A "large box Priority" costs 12.50 to mail. Teh weight doesnt matter inthese boxes. The customs form takes about 5 minutes to fill out. The boxes are free at the post office. Buy a roll of packing tape.

Go to Walmart and see what youcan fill the box with. Tobacco if you do not object ( but they said not to list on customs as it is stolen from the boxes - PATHETIC!). Razorblades, disposable razors, body wash, baby wipes, Listerine to wash their feet. Tube socks, underwear, hand warmers, thermals, gloves, microwaveable, non refrigerated meals, cans of soup, ravioli,Ramennoodles things not requiring can openers, tuna in packages, beef sticks, jerkey, cookies, Twinkies, gum, hard candies, cough drops, chapstick, hand lotion, Protein bars, coffee, powders to add to water, teas, magazines, frisbees, footballs , feminine items for the women, MOUSE TRAPS,
envelopes to write home and paper.pretty much anything you send they will use or pass along to others. Ball point pens and note pads and Beanie babies, these things are given to local children.

These men and women are living in some really bad conditions. Some sleep in tents on the ground. Afghanistan is COLD and WET. I am sure Iraq is not any more fun to live in either.

These are our children. If we are lucky, these are NOT our children. Many do not have folks to send them things they need. The PX runs out immediately assuming there is one anywhere in the viscinity. The government provides little for them.

No matter what your opinion is on the rightness or wrongness of our involvement, these are OUR KIDS and they deserve a bit of help from us. It would take an hour of your day and maybe $50 of your money to send a box. Please drop along a note of appreciateion to whoever opens the box. It would mean a lot to them. We have enough money to buy expensive shoes, to spend a couple of hundred on an hour visit with a lady, or at a strip club. Would it hurt you that much to forgo these pleasures , just one time, to do something for a stranger that is in the service to OUR country.

Please take the time to go look at the site. I don't know how you could NOT be affected by what you read. Then do a little something for one of them. If even HALF of us sent one package, it would be a good start. These kids do not need remembering just on holidays, but all thru the year. Please help. just ONCE????
If you have a kid in the service, you know how things are. Let the rest of us in on their plight.

The "community" is very generous with our own, so please help out if you can.

http://www.anysoldier.com/

If you have participated or are participating, please chime in . It does leave you with those warm fuzzies.

LT
lemontrees is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:43 PM   #2
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

Encounters: 12

solcier or soldier????
GneissGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 03:03 AM   #3
lemontrees
Pending Age Verification

HOPEFULLY the cut and paste of the link was better! And I didn't know how to correct the Subject line!

Thanks for catching THAT one for me! Darn KEYBOARD! It should KNOW what I MEAN to say!

Thanks, GG!
Old 01-17-2010, 08:38 AM   #4
selot
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
These are our children. If we are lucky, these are NOT our children. Many do not have folks to send them things they need. The PX runs out immediately assuming there is one anywhere in the viscinity. The government provides little for them.LT
Lemontrees,

I want to thank you so much for posting this link. I am PASSIONATE about our armed services, (Marines & Navy especially) as I am retired from the Marine Corps and I have a son that is currently on Active Duty in the Navy.

I did not send a box to anysoldier from this link only because we concetrate all of our resources and boxes to our Son and his shipmates. I am happy to say that he is currently on American soil, but not long ago he was in places that he still cannot or will not tell me about. Not hearing from him for weeks at a time is gut wrenching to a parent.

Again, thanks for posting this link, and I also encourage everyone to take some time and money out of their lives to help our Men & Women who are protecting America's freedoms whereever they are told to.
selot is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:53 AM   #5
aRandyOne
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44

Thanks for posting the link. When I got recalled to active duty for Desert Storm I got a box of stuff from a 4th grade class. As good as the homemade fudge and cookies were, I appreciated the construction paper hearts with the crayon drawings the most. I carried one inside my helmet.
Whether you agree with the current foreign policy or not, please support our troops.
aRandyOne is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:42 PM   #6
noshitbob
Premium Access

Encounters: 17

Lemontrees,
Thanks for posting. Those that are passionate and brave enough to go in harms way for us ought to hear from us!

NSB
noshitbob is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:30 PM   #7
Guest031710
Account Disabled

User ID: 4985

Don't send chocolate in the summer!! And make sure if you send bottled liquid items to put them in a big ziplock bag before boxing.

GUM is amazing. It gets the taste of MREs and DFAC food out of our mouth! lol
ravioli or anything chef boyardee is amazing, even better if it's a pop top
Qtips are the shit! They'll clean ears and M4s

I learned a trick to send buddies alcohol over there, but I'm not tellin'!

Some of us are lucky enough to be at a big FOB (like Bagram) so I hope that that website directs everyone to guys who really need it. Most of the outlying COPs and FOBs are just like what Lemontrees described.
Where I'm going has a Burger King and a hookah bar. But that's probably because there's tons of CIA in our JIOC as well as us. I'm just lucky that they generally don't send us intel people out to more basic areas.
So hell yeah, when the Rakkasans get their smelly BDE out there, I'm sending my buddies a few comforts from home.
Guest031710 is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:34 PM   #8
lemontrees
Pending Age Verification

Have You Forgotten
Darryl Worley

I hear people saying
We don't need this war
But I say there's some things worth fighting for
What about our freedom and this piece of ground
We didn't get to keep them by backing down
Now they say we don't realize the mess we're getting in
Before you start to preaching let me ask you this my friend

Have you forgotten how it felt that day?
Too see your homeland under fire and her people blown away
Have you forgotten when those towers fell?
We had neighbors still inside going through a living hell
And you say we shouldn't worry about Bin Laden
Have you forgotten?

They took all the footage off my TV
They said it's too disturbing for you and me
It'll just breed anger, it's what the experts say
If it was up to me I'd show it everyday
Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
Well after 9-11 man I'd have to say that's right

Have you forgotten when those towers fell?
We had neighbors still inside going through a living hell
And we vowed to get the ones behind Bin Laden. Have you forgotten?

I've been there with the soldiers who've gone away to war
And you can bet that they remember just what they're fighting for

Have you forgotten all the people killed?
Yeah some went down like heroes in that Pennsylvania field
Have you forgotten about our Pentagon?
Yeah all those loved ones that we lost
And those left to carry on
Don't you tell me not to worry about Bin Laden
Have you forgotten?
Have you forgotten?
Have you forgotten...
Old 02-07-2010, 06:18 PM   #9
lemontrees
Pending Age Verification

For a glimpse into some of the reasons I am supporting this site, take a bit of time out to see this marine's posts on YouTube. Do a search for " mabryusmc". The spirit of these men is really uplifting. it is worth the time you will spend watching.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:33 AM   #10
rekcaSxT
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 62

I saw a group from the unit my dad served in in Korea. I think I will send them something to honor him since he is no longer with us.

If I can find a group from my old unit, they get something special...
rekcaSxT is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:05 AM   #11
lemontrees
Pending Age Verification

I posted the "YouTube" item because the Marine wrote that he wanted others to see who they were and what they were about.

It just boggles my mind when I read of the responsibility these guys have, especially when yu read that they are "veterans" of 3 years service and they have just had their 21st birthday. ESPECIALLY when I see what the maturity level ( ACTUALLY, the IMMATURITY level ) is of the boys at the local schools. Truly amazing!

They really deserve our support, and they stress that cards and letters are appreciated as much, perhaps MORE than the actual goodies.

As an individual, I have decided to make it my goal of sending at least 5 boxes a week, more if I can. An individual could surely manage ONE box during the year. Most of them will be moving into hot weather soon, so stay cool items would be appreciated, and the baby wipes to help keep them clean. They also seem to appreciate magazines, as current as possible, but after you finish reading yours, send them along. Recycle in a good way. They appreciate anything you send, and share the wealth when they do get things.

To make it painless, just pick up a bottle of shampoo, package of baby wipes, razor blades, package of tube socks, can of peanuts, package of M&M's ( this chocolate doesn't melt so easily), box of protein bars, pound of coffee any time you go to Walmart, then when you have a box full, take it to the post office and mail. You might even put some things in some of those cake tins we get at Christmas. Keeps the mice away from the goodies.

There is a "SEARCH" feature at the top of the "Where to send" page that can help you locate specific needs and to some extent, specific people ( not sure of units, but probably so.)