Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Security Matters
Security Matters Personal security is of the utmost priority. Discussions regarding every aspect of personal security within the hobby can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70386
biomed160319
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35163
Mojojo33117

Old 05-21-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
GlobeSpotter
Account Disabled

Encounters: 43
Default I need a web proxy

Can anyone recommend a web proxy for secure web browsing?
This feature would leave no trace (but the proxy) on your ISP and bypass blocked URLs in hotspots.

Thanks,

GS
GlobeSpotter is offline   Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #2
Guest022718
Account Disabled

Encounters: 25

Get a bootable, secure jumpdrive. Ironkey makes one.

Http://www.Ironkey.com

check out the website, decide what you want. best prices are available from amazon.

I have a personal unit. I log onto the public/hotel wifi with my laptop, then fire up the secure firefox web browser. Works great. Automatic proxy.

I store all my hobby info on it. Password protection is great....even safe from keystroke loggers.

Check it out!
Guest022718 is offline   Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:43 PM   #3
GlobeSpotter
Account Disabled

Encounters: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgritstoo View Post
I will take a look.
GlobeSpotter is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #4
Don't Be Daft!
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

TOR, mate!
Don't Be Daft! is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #5
cyborg
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

I debated sending this reply several times over before going forward...

Make sure you know who you're trying to prevent seeing you with a proxy. A proxy won't do much for someone skillful and motivated enough to get your IP. Especially not a web-based one.

VP's all the way, babay!
cyborg is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #6
cyborg
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgritstoo View Post
Get a bootable, secure jumpdrive. Ironkey makes one.

Http://www.Ironkey.com

check out the website, decide what you want. best prices are available from amazon.

I have a personal unit. I log onto the public/hotel wifi with my laptop, then fire up the secure firefox web browser. Works great. Automatic proxy.

I store all my hobby info on it. Password protection is great....even safe from keystroke loggers.

Check it out!
I personally swear by Ironkey. Excellent post.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #7
Don't Be Daft!
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

So, is TOR worthless if using at home through something like ATT uverse or another carrier?
Don't Be Daft! is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #8
Mr. GPop
Account Disabled

Encounters: 10

IronKey and TOR are different things.. one is an encrypted thumb drive, the other encrypts and or uses proxies around the world for your internet traffic

Want securitu? use TAILS.... TOR works with Uverse, Comcast and other hot spots...
Mr. GPop is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #9
Flanigan
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 9

Should use a vpn service as I do, your internet activities are hidden from your ISP, your untraceable, no logs, secure. Once you find one you like theres a small client app you login to and it connects you to the vpn and you can use it anywhere you go even hotspots some even work on your phone. just google vpn service. I does slow down your internet a little but its worth it.
Flanigan is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:38 PM   #10
cyborg
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanigan View Post
Should use a vpn service as I do, your internet activities are hidden from your ISP, your untraceable, no logs, secure. Once you find one you like theres a small client app you login to and it connects you to the vpn and you can use it anywhere you go even hotspots some even work on your phone. just google vpn service. I does slow down your internet a little but its worth it.

I completely agree with this post except for one detail: "you're untraceable". That is never, ever, ever true.

But VPNs are epic and very useful from deterring any unskilled and some semi-skilled threats.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:18 PM   #11
Mr. GPop
Account Disabled

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
I completely agree with this post except for one detail: "you're untraceable". That is never, ever, ever true.

But VPNs are epic and very useful from deterring any unskilled and some semi-skilled threats.
Proxies are better than VPN services since most need some account to sign into... some do not however.

If you want to stay invisible and have the moxy then you use an open wireless signal. might need to learn about wifi skills a bit, delve into the dark side but it is nice to know that the wifi signal you are pimping is from the motel across the street and you have some nice directional antenna's aimed at them.
Mr. GPop is offline   Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #12
Flanigan
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 9

with the right vpn service they offer socks5 proxy and setup ssl your good, what I mean by untraceable is that with the right the vpn service they mask your IP address or cloak however it may be. Also most vpn services don't keep logs and use shared ips.
Flanigan is offline   Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:36 AM   #13
`flip
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Concur!!!!! Everything done on the net leaves a footprint, not to mention most people look into secure browsing and never think about cleaning their box on the user end. So what if the feds or local authorities seize your shit? Everything you looked at and ever did will be accessible even shit you’ve deleted 4 years ago. Computer forensics are a bitch LOL.

Quote:
VPNs are epic and very useful from deterring any unskilled and some semi-skilled threats.
Agreed assuming they were setup right on the host end. I would also look into going with a reputable offshore company .de, .nl companies are a good place to start. Make it as tough as you can for the authorities to obtain disclosure from said company. Our laws and their laws are not one in the same and they could care less about our laws…
`flip is offline   Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #14
Gotyour6
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

Virgin hot spot with no contract.

4G speed, set up any where you want and its $40 a month.

Get a cheap little Galaxy 10.1 and surf your ass off.
Ad text + to it and you have an internet phone

Or you can carry a tennis ball can, ten feet of coax and adapters to get wifi lol.
Gotyour6 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women