Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40279
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117
View Poll Results: IS Joe Biden planning to ban fracking?
Yes - Joe-mentia said he would 15 48.39%
No - Joe-mentia said he would not 2 6.45%
Both - He said both, when it suits him best 12 38.71%
Beats fuck outta me when he thought he said or when 2 6.45%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2020, 08:48 PM   #31
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
Disclosure: I have owned 2 Hybrid vehicles. Some things I liked, some not so much. Topic for another time. What I hate is when the batteries die. First, the standard battery is expensive at $400 (beefy glass mat variety). But the main drive batteries are $5K when they die. They are not cleanly recyclable or repairable.
I know people who have armories comparable to yours. They never owned hybrids. In fact, not one of them would ever step foot in a hybrid. You realize this admission will cause you to lose some of your mystique.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 10:22 PM   #32
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Code:
 Yes - Joe-mentia said he would                     12  48.00%
  No - Joe-mentia said he would not                  2   8.00%
Both - He said both, when it suits him best         10  40.00%
Beats fuck outta me when he thought he said or when  1   4.00%
pretty close results. poll ends tomorrow.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 05:42 AM   #33
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
I know people who have armories comparable to yours. They never owned hybrids. In fact, not one of them would ever step foot in a hybrid. You realize this admission will cause you to lose some of your mystique.
If it helps, I got rid of them when their drive batteries shot craps and I still always have my 4 wheel drive monster truck in my driving arsenal. One thing I do like about electric drive is the hole-shot torque, especially in the hybrid as it has Fossil Fuel drive on the rear axle and electric on the front. I think Tesla is 4-wheel drive electric, so even more torque-y. Plus the geeky tech in the cockpit is pretty nice typically.

Guess you never heard of Grey Man theory? Nobody expects a far alt-right wing, gun hauling maniac to be driving a Prius. But then, nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition either...
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 05:49 AM   #34
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Why does there need to be a "poll"?

Anyone who believes otherwise .... can't hear or see!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 08:46 AM   #35
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Believe what the idiot says people
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 06:18 PM   #36
Muy Largo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Are some folks making money from fracking? Sure.
Are there jobs created by fracking. Yep.
But fracking is an environmental disaster.
Frackers inject gobs of nameless chemicals into seams and fissures and underground water formations.
They use untold amounts of fresh water, never mind the recycling claims.
Even redneck scientists from Oklahoma are monitoring the numerous earthquakes caused by fracking.
Yes, there are negative consequences to fracking.
We have fracking because we are finished with the simple-to-get liquid fossil fuels.
Now we're fracking gas and mining tar sands and drilling in shallow waters and sensitive wildlife habitats.
I think fracking should be phased out, and a timeframe of ten years or less should satisfy the polluters who pursue this activity.
Muy Largo is offline   Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 08:51 PM   #37
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muy Largo View Post
Are some folks making money from fracking? Sure.
Are there jobs created by fracking. Yep.
But fracking is an environmental disaster.
Frackers inject gobs of nameless chemicals into seams and fissures and underground water formations.
They use untold amounts of fresh water, never mind the recycling claims.
Even redneck scientists from Oklahoma are monitoring the numerous earthquakes caused by fracking.
Yes, there are negative consequences to fracking.
We have fracking because we are finished with the simple-to-get liquid fossil fuels.
Now we're fracking gas and mining tar sands and drilling in shallow waters and sensitive wildlife habitats.
I think fracking should be phased out, and a timeframe of ten years or less should satisfy the polluters who pursue this activity.
Perhaps you should take university classes in structural geology, rock mechanics, hydrology, drilling engineering, and chemical engineering. Then move to Sweetwater County, Wyoming or Lea County, New Mexico. You'll find the people there are much more knowledgeable about fracking than you are right now. And virtually all of them, including the landowners who use the water for agriculture and as well as the rest of the people who drink the water, support fracking. Many of them are doubtless scared shitless they're going to lose their jobs and their means of supporting their families if Biden follows through on his promise to ban drilling on federal lands.

The formations fracked are thousands of feet below "underground water formations." There are only two ways the frac fluids can communicate with potable water, if there's a faulty cement job in the wellbore, allowing the fluids to flow up the annulus between the production pipe and the hole to a shallower zone. Or if the frac fluids aren't properly disposed of when they're flowed back from the well. Both are relatively rare.

As to earthquakes, they have nothing to do with fracking. They result from injection of produced water (a byproduct of oil production) into basement fault zones. They haven't been a concern to most people in areas where water injection's occurring. I don't know why they are to you, living in Minnesota. In fact, I don't know why any of your claims are a concern to you.

Your concerns are way, way overstated. I don't know much about environmental damage and damage to human health caused by mining, but would bet the harm from solar per BTU, from mining lithium, nickel and cobalt among other things, is greater than the harm from extracting oil and gas.

However, you're not alone. Alexandria Ocasio Cortez was on a Sunday show spouting some of your bogus claims along with a couple you hadn't thought of. This is a huge problem with America. Why do politicians in places like Brooklyn feel compelled to tell people in Wyoming what to do? If the locals don't want fracking, then, like residents of the Denver Basin in Colorado, they'll ban it or severely regulate it. This is symptomatic of the left's fight against freedom and liberty. The arrogant *^&T^%'s think they're smarter and wiser than people who actually understand the technology and live in the middle of it. Speaking of which, if people in New York want to pay 60% in taxes and have things like free college and a guaranteed minimum income, more power to them. Let them do it. But don't impose your flim flam on the rest of us.

Btw, I don't think you're an arrogant *^&T^%, just misguided by what you read. I reserve that gibberish for politicians.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 10:54 PM   #38
Strokey_McDingDong
Account Frozen

I think there's more videos of him saying he won't ban fracking than there are of him saying he will ban fracking. You guys are insane.
Strokey_McDingDong is offline   Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 11:17 PM   #39
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

earthquakes appear to be more frequent when there is fracking activity.

seems to suggest that the frack liquid is finding unknown fault lines?
Old 10-27-2020, 10:14 AM   #40
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong View Post
I think there's more videos of him saying he won't ban fracking than there are of him saying he will ban fracking. You guys are insane.
No we're not. First, Biden has been clear that he will not issue drilling permits on federal lands and for federal offshore leases. About 22% of U.S. oil production is from federal leases. This alone with time will cause us to become net importers of foreign oil, jack up our trade deficit, cause 4 million people to lose their jobs by 2030 according to the API, and make tens or hundreds of billions spent on pipelines, gas plants and offshore platforms uneconomic.

Second, Biden has been clear that he wants to eliminate the U.S. oil and gas industry. The only question is over what time period. He repeated this in the debate with Trump last week. The reason provided was because "the oil industry pollutes."

Third, many believe Biden will do to fracking and oil and gas in general what Obama did to coal. He didn't outlaw coal mining. He just instituted environmental regulations through executive orders that made burning coal very difficult.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 10:18 AM   #41
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
earthquakes appear to be more frequent when there is fracking activity.

seems to suggest that the frack liquid is finding unknown fault lines?
No. This is propaganda or a conspiracy theory promoted by environmental radicals. Water is produced as a byproduct of oil. Your typical shale or tight sand well produces a lot of water that must be disposed of. The injected water does in certain geologic settings cause movement along fault planes. I challenge anyone to find an instance where one of these earthquakes induced by water injection caused a death or significant property damage.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 10:49 AM   #42
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
No. This is propaganda or a conspiracy theory promoted by environmental radicals. Water is produced as a byproduct of oil. Your typical shale or tight sand well produces a lot of water that must be disposed of. The injected water does in certain geologic settings cause movement along fault planes. I challenge anyone to find an instance where one of these earthquakes induced by water injection caused a death or significant property damage.

I don't know. I'm seeing reports of a lot of small earthquakes in Oklahoma where they didn't have one before. they've linked this to fracking activity.
Old 10-27-2020, 11:56 AM   #43
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
I don't know. I'm seeing reports of a lot of small earthquakes in Oklahoma where they didn't have one before. they've linked this to fracking activity.
Yeah, fracking may cause localized, small seismic events. But most earthquakes, 98% in Oklahoma according to the United States Geological Survey, are caused by water injection:

https://www.usgs.gov/faqs/does-frack...ience_products

Most induced earthquakes are not directly caused by hydraulic fracturing (fracking). The recent increase in earthquakes in the central United States is primarily caused by disposal of waste fluids that are a byproduct of oil production.

As to Oklahoma,

https://www.usgs.gov/faqs/oklahoma-h...ience_products

Beginning in 2009, Oklahoma experienced a surge in seismicity. This surge was so large that its rate of magnitude 3 and larger earthquakes exceeded California’s from 2014 through 2017.

While these earthquakes have been induced by oil and gas related process, few of these earthquakes were induced by fracking.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 01:46 PM   #44
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Thank you for voting

Fracking was just the straw man, the carrier pigeon. The real item under inspection was Joe-mentia a professional politician, who will say one thing with absolute conviction to your face, only to later learn it is not polling well for them and then turn right around with nearly the same passion and say the exact opposite to your face.

In essence; the point of the poll was to determine if Joe Biden was a self-serving and entirely corrupt politician that would lie to your face and then lie about lieing to your face. The results say?: Why_Yes_He_Is by a 27 to 4 margin.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 02:25 PM   #45
reddog1951
Premium Access

Encounters: 3

I admittedly don't know shit about fracking or the oil industry, so this is a bullshit question. But, why not use up all the oil in the rest of the world as long as available at a reasonable cost (Yeah, we all like sub $2 pump gas, but we could pay somewhat more without hurting) and hold our resources in reserve for future generations as a strategic asset? Not trying to be confrontational, just curious about rationale for usage of a finite resource. Kinda like land, they ain't making it any more.
reddog1951 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women