Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70359
biomed160169
Yssup Rider59818
gman4452817
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47402
pyramider46370
bambino40244
CryptKicker37046
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 07-26-2011, 12:59 AM   #1
Satin
Valued Poster

Default NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Ok, boys & girls...the hell with red light cameras, hurricanes & sneaking into movie theaters...the fucking lockout is OVER! It's time for America's favorite sport to take center stage...FOOTBALL!

So now we're ready for training camps, free agents & the whole nine....

Any predictions on who the Texans will sign? What will their record be? Will we finally make the playoffs? Will Bum's 3-4 defense rank last in the NFL or improve? What do you think?

I do know they don't mess around. They overnighted my season tickets to me and I'm more than ready. I can't wait...let's do it....
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:31 AM   #2
AllisonofHouston
Account Disabled

User ID: 9938
My ECCIE Reviews

Im ready darlin, let me know if u need a date I really enjoyed last time
AllisonofHouston is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:22 AM   #3
h2theizzo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Tex-ans! Tex-ans! Tex-ans!

Nnamdi says he wants to be an actor, so that's a barrier right there to us getting him. Jonathan Joseph, however, might be flying a bit under the radar- he's also a bit overrated, but is surely an improvement on...just about everybody we have. Meanwhile, I hear Dallas has a Safety that's looking to "get paid"...and Dallas is over the cap. Now, yes, that Safety has been very spotty, but we have a bit of a need at Safety that I'm very afraid to try and slot a rookie into.

To tell the truth, and it may be the Fantasy Football buff in me, I'm kind of interested in our taking a flier on Randy Moss or even T.O. If Moss is "committed", like he says, lining him up opposite Andre Johnson could be terrifying while we know that T.O. is a physical freak who is still a top tier Possession receiver.

I'm not seeing Mario do too much out of his new position initially- but you can hardly blame the guy. He's going to get a couple months to try out a new position- when he's been playing another for 5 years Professionally. There's a good chance we'll get chewed up by West Coast offenses for a good part of the season as we basically stick Mario in a more traditional 4-3 role while giving him a running start. I'm not expecting a ton of improvement from the Defense until after the Bye- but I do expect us to not be at the bottom of seemingly every single Pass Defense category. I also expect us to STOP making superstars out of the Seyi Ajirotutu's of the league- despite the fact that I totally won a league game on the strength of Ajirotutu's performance.

Go Texans!
h2theizzo is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:50 AM   #4
Jusanotherdude
Ambassadude

Encounters: 24

Love it! Can't wait! Free Agency is open & shit is about to get moving!

H2 is spot on w/Mario..... guy needs to suck it up & play end... he is the prototype 3-4 DE but he wants the glory stat of sacks and bitched until they put him @ OLB..... but I will say if you put him & JJ Watt on the same side that is pretty damn scary!!

Nnamdi is so interesting........ early word was Green Bay had the inside track due to he & Woodson being tight & Nnamdi wanted to win..... now its not so certain.... he may still just want to get paid..... if that is the case it is WIDE open! As a quasi Texan fan I would LOVE to see Joseph land there. I don't think he is at all over rated & in fact I think he is the best overall CB behind Nnamdi & Reavis.... but the chances the Bengals let him go are extremely thin.... too much money they HAVE to spend & they have no one else to replace him with..... I wouldn't touch the safeties from Dallas.... ask any Cowboy fan what they think of the DBs & they may be about as happy as Texan fan was with theirs..... it happens when your pass rush consists of one guy...... I would LOVE to see Moss on the Texans...... even if he doesn't give a shit, he would still scare the shit out of opposing Ds enough to keep an extra eye on him..... & one extra eye on him is one off of Dre & that is always good for the Texans! But they won't touch him because he's not a "good guy".... so sad.

More on this later.....

JaD
Jusanotherdude is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:15 AM   #5
ZedX79
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

The texans will not be good on defense initially. It will take at least 4 games before the defense begins to gel since they have so much to learn in a compressed preseason. They need to resign Leach. He is responsible for opening the holes for Foster. Screw Namdi. You don't need him. Get a good enough corner, and there are several quality names available. The secondary wouldn't have been so terrible had the defensive line learned how to get to the QB. With no pressure, most teams can pick on a secondary.

As for the new CBA, the NFL has been pussified. Players no longer do two a days, can only practice in pads 14 of the 17 weeks and only 3 hours max. Stupid. How do you harden soft teams like Houston?
ZedX79 is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:14 PM   #6
dearhunter
Dr. Wonderful

I am ready for some fucking football.
dearhunter is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:28 PM   #7
Satin
Valued Poster

Allie baby, anytime you want cutie...I would love to take you, D_J, & the smartest man on Icky...Jad....

The Texans have a lot to do. Many question marks and holes to fill. I agree with all of the above posts. The second best play of the year last year was when Moss burned Rivas so bad he pulled up with his hamstring...TFF!

What about Plaxico? He is in great shape and might still have game. I'm not sure they will keep Jacobi... I agree we need to resign Leach...Foster is praying that they do also...
We need a safety (Sensabaugh?) & a corner (fuck Rivas). I'm not sure putting Watts out there is a good idea. Remember what happened to Kareem Jackson?

I want to see how DeMeco will rebound back after injury and will Cushing regain his "pre-steroid" form. Mario seems to be healthy too.

If DH is ready, then let's get it on....
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:06 PM   #8
Hot to Trot Daphne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 269367
My ECCIE Reviews

I'm definitely ready for some fucking football.

bring it bitches
Hot to Trot Daphne is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:55 PM   #9
junglemonkey
Premium Access

Encounters: 23

We're gonna get in there with the ox
junglemonkey is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:57 PM   #10
Shake_N_Bake
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

Hell yes I am ready for some football.

Don't get your hopes too high on Bum's son. Dallas kicked him to the curb and the defense improved last year.
Shake_N_Bake is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:04 AM   #11
TheDon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglemonkey View Post
We're gonna get in there with the ox
LOLOLOL

Fuckin' love McNair. That said, I've grown up a Mavs fan, I'll be riding this high for a loooong time. I'd love to see my Texans join in on the success as well, but if they don't, I will not be too depressed like I was last year (and the 7-8 years before that...)

But our Offense is so Fuckin' legit, we might actually have a shot this year, and after the last few months I've had/experienced: Just like Kevin Garnet said: ANYTHING IS POSSSSSIBLEEEEEEE!!!
TheDon is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:26 PM   #12
AllisonofHouston
Account Disabled

User ID: 9938
My ECCIE Reviews

Im gonna hold you to that sexy man
AllisonofHouston is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:59 AM   #13
Satin
Valued Poster

You better...

So far we have signed Jacobi Jones, Matt Leinert & Rashad Butler. I hope when I get another 610 text at 5 am, it will for someone game-changing...
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:58 AM   #14
kerwil62
Valued Poster

Encounters: 89

Matt Leinart??? What the fuck he gon' do???
kerwil62 is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:25 AM   #15
The maskedman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

I am expecting at least a better season than last year, but who isn't. A post season would be great to see, how did you like the gift with your season tickets this year?
The maskedman is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women