Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59850
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47429
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 02-08-2010, 10:47 AM   #1
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1
Default Super Bowl Ads

Since everyone talks about them today, we may as well too.

The one I laughed at the most was the Dodge commercial: http://www.hulu.com/watch/126503
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #2
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

I like the one where the little kid bitch slapped his mother’s suitor. “Keep you hands off my mama, and keep your hands outta my Doritos.” Or something to that effect.
http://superbowlads.fanhouse.com/201...tos-play-nice/
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:17 AM   #3
Sisyphus
Valued Poster

Location: Up a hill...down a hill... Up a hill...down a hill...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
I like the one where the little kid bitch slapped his mother’s suitor. “Keep you hands off my mama, and keep your hands outta my Doritos.” Or something to that effect.
That's what I get for watching w/o sound. I thought the ONLY thing the kid was defending were the Doritos.
Sisyphus is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:36 AM   #4
LynetteMarie
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3412
My ECCIE Reviews

I missed the ads as I was on a flight during the game's entirety.

But what is standing out from the few ads I've seen replayed is how men are being portrayed as...er...well, I'll use the term "weak." The Dodge and Dove commercials, for instance, struck me as representing spineless men with very sad, pathetic lives. Come to think of it..even in the ads a few years ago where women were portrayed as mud-wrestling, pillow-fighting lesbians, the men were just sitting on the side lamely watching, grinning and sipping their beer. No balls to make a move. Sheesh.

So while my feminist gal pals have bitched about how sexist Superbowl ads are, I am finally agreeing: You men are portrayed as chumps!

PS...A DODGE to make a guy feel better?? That's not even funny. It's just sad!!
LynetteMarie is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:41 AM   #5
oden
Valued Poster

I find the term "bitch slap" very unfortunate. It implies that a woman might deserve it and that it is acceptable.
oden is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:47 AM   #6
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynetteMarie View Post
I agree re the Dodge -- need something much sexier than that. But it was a funny ad -- in a wimpish sort of way.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:49 AM   #7
guest041110
Account Disabled

Quote:
I missed the ads as I was on a flight during the game's entirety.

But what is standing out from the few ads I've seen replayed is how men are being portrayed as...er...well, I'll use the term "weak." The Dodge and Dove commercials, for instance, struck me as representing spineless men with very sad, pathetic lives. Come to think of it..even in the ads a few years ago where women were portrayed as mud-wrestling, pillow-fighting lesbians, the men were just sitting on the side lamely watching, grinning and sipping their beer. No balls to make a move. Sheesh.

So while my feminist gal pals have bitched about how sexist Superbowl ads are, I am finally agreeing: You men are portrayed as chumps!

You hit the nail on the head Lynette... the feminization of men and the masculinization of women. In my opinion, that represents a lot of what is wrong in this country. Next thing you know, we are going to have mass chaos with dogs living with cats and liking it.
guest041110 is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:51 AM   #8
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Lynette, I also have to disagree somewhat on the Dove commercial. http://www.hulu.com/watch/126537

Yes, the guys are portrayed as a bit weak. But I thought it was a great media buy. Dove is a strong female brand that they are repurposing for men. The audience demographics are ideal. The guys aren't going to buy this stuff, but the wives/girl friends will. The ad makes it okay for the guys (i.e., the non metrosexual ones) to use it when they do, because they saw it during the SB -- which by definition is "manly".
Old 02-08-2010, 11:52 AM   #9
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeDove View Post
Next thing you know, we are going to have mass chaos with dogs living with cats and liking it.
Or people insisting that they be allowed to conduct government business is Spanish instead of English. Oh wait...

Old 02-08-2010, 11:57 AM   #10
Bella_HHD
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 734

Quote:

[ ... ]

But what is standing out from the few ads I've seen replayed is how men are being portrayed as...er...well, I'll use the term "weak."

[ ... ]
For time out of mind I've watched the SB for the commercials. This is the 1st year I actually watched with a care for the outcome - YA SAINTS!

Anyway, I felt the same way you did about those commercials - embarassing to say the least. I like my men driving a MAN'S vehicle and not worrying whether his skin is soft enough (I actually prefer a little rough, thank you very much).

All in all I was disappointed with the whole crop of commercials, and I have yet to see one that makes me laugh harder than this one from 2006.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=148dowDhkVY"]YouTube- Fed Ex Superbowl Commercial[/ame]

I do however have a lot of renewed respect for The Who.

B.
Bella_HHD is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:58 AM   #11
guest041110
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Or people insisting that they be allowed to conduct government business is Spanish instead of English. Oh wait...

*chuckle*

Oh wait... how caddish of me. What I meant to write was...

guest041110 is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:30 PM   #12
LynetteMarie
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Lynette, I also have to disagree somewhat on the Dove commercial. http://www.hulu.com/watch/126537

Yes, the guys are portrayed as a bit weak. But I thought it was a great media buy. Dove is a strong female brand that they are repurposing for men. The audience demographics are ideal. The guys aren't going to buy this stuff, but the wives/girl friends will. The ad makes it okay for the guys (i.e., the non metrosexual ones) to use it when they do, because they saw it during the SB -- which by definition is "manly".
Just my bratty two cents but I don't know of any woman or man who uses Dove. My dermatologist told me back in the day that it dries the skin horribly and most of my lady friends know this as well.

I'd rather buy my man a case of beer and bathe in that, it's much sexier to me, you can walk away with a buzz and the ads are better.
_insert beer themed avatar here that I can't find_
Old 02-08-2010, 12:32 PM   #13
LynetteMarie
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella_HHD View Post
I have yet to see one that makes me laugh harder than this one from 2006.
OMG that almost made me cry at the end! Hilarious and sad. Why no ads like this anymore?
Old 02-08-2010, 12:45 PM   #14
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
+1
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:45 PM   #15
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella_HHD View Post
I do however have a lot of renewed respect for The Who.

B.
I've always liked the Who, but I thought they sounded "smaller than life". Maybe I just expected too much of a fellow 60ish geezer.

BTW Bella, that Fedex commercial is a classic.