Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70418
biomed160570
Yssup Rider59930
gman4452934
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47549
pyramider46370
bambino40323
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35368
Mojojo33117

Old 03-25-2020, 10:08 AM   #46
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
We received 150% credit on a future cruise, currently planned for December. That's about $7,000 free money given to me.

And we got to spend 3 days in Rio. Relaxing on Copacabana Beach is quite the life. Love the thongs the women wear down there.
Yes, that is a great beach and the women there do a service for all mankind!
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:59 AM   #47
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
Examine this map:

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6

Zoom in on the US, then Texas. There are already about 10-12 dead in Texas, not 5. You keep declaring the pandemic over when it is only just starting.

Washington state initially had only 11 dead, all of them at the Seattle nursing home. Now they have about 120. New York state had its first death less than 2 weeks ago, they now have 192 just in NY city.

As the death toll climbs and you keep trying to deny the obvious, you will look like that idiot propaganda minister under Saddam Hussein who kept broadcasting about the great victories the Iraqi army was gaining over the US, while the American army was rolling down the streets of Baghdad outside his radio studio.

Texas is just getting started/
That's what they said two weeks ago.

The number I quoted was from a Chron.com article (Houston Chronicle) written that day.

You're bitter. And Panicked. You'll get through this. Try to be optimistic.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:48 AM   #48
Jaxson66
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

How many cases of COVID-19 are there in Texas? It depends who you ask.

On Tuesday, the answers varied wildly.

Gov. Greg Abbott said at a press conference that 715 people have tested positive for the new coronavirus so far. At the same time, the Texas health services department — which reports the state’s official count every day — showed only 410 people. (Later in the evening, the number was revised to match Abbott’s statements.)

Johns Hopkins University, which is tallying cases worldwide, reported 857 cases in Texas as Abbott gave his remarks. And the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s count tallied 507 cases in Texas in the morning but dropped the number to 352 by the afternoon.

Depending on which number you use, Texas is ranked either 10th in the nation for most cases or 21st.

The discrepancies have only been worse at the county level. Texas health officials reported 34 cases in Dallas County on Tuesday morning. Meanwhile, the county reported 169 cases among its residents. (The state updated the Dallas cases to 131 on Tuesday evening.)

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/03...nt-everywhere/

There isn’t enough clear information to make a call for reopening. I hope Abbott doesn’t go all trumpy and cause a outbreak and he needs to muzzle Patrick.
Jaxson66 is offline   Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:53 AM   #49
oeb11
Valued Poster

Thank you j666 - it is clear your post is about CONTROL - of the people - the dearest ambition of the Fascist DPST's. Clyburn - This is a tremendous opportunity to restructure things to fit our vision,
And pelosi seems to have been roundly defeated in her attemtp to fill the Stimulus bill with DPST special interest provision - like the Soylent Green New Deal.

Just salivating over the economic devastation - just what the Fascist DPST's have been hoping for!
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 12:06 PM   #50
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11 View Post
Wrong - those data do not take into count the undiagnosed people that are asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic.
Please read scholarly article by John Ioaniddis - from Stanford.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/17/...reliable-data/
A fiasco in the making? As the coronavirus pandemic takes hold, we are making decisions without reliable data

By John P.A. Ioannidis
Oeb, I've read this twice. It sounds reasonable, except possibly reducing the case fatality rate from 1% to 0.125% based on the age structure of the USA. He recognizes this, and says anything between a .05% to 1% case fatality rate for the USA is a reasonable estimate. Also his guess as to the low end of the ultimate infection rate, 1% of the U.S. Population, probably isn't reasonable. There's a study out this week from some epidemiologists at Oxford estimating up to 50% of the UK population is already infected. Likewise, your gut would tell you that's probably unreasonably high. I'm getting that from press reports, but the paper is here,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxmu2rwsnh...a1-94ca715864-

Btw, an eight person on the Diamond Princess has died since Ioannidis wrote the article.

You should revisit your views about testing. In your article, Ioannidis says we have an "evidence fiasco" because of the lack of tests. He says, "The most valuable piece of information for answering those questions [like should cities be on lockdown] would be to know the current prevalence of the infection in a random sample of a population and to repeat this exercise at regular time intervals to estimate the incidence of new infections. Sadly, that’s information we don’t have."

As I pointed out in another thread, even if this is a complete fraud (and it's dangerous to assume that given what's happened in Wuhan, Italy, Spain and Iran), we'd benefit greatly from putting a huge effort into testing. The stimulus plan is $2 trillion. If GDP drops 30% as some economists project, that's a $6 trillion hit to the economy. If you pump a few tens of billions into testing you end up far ahead. People who test negative can go back to work, the economy doesn't stay in the tanks.
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 12:43 PM   #51
oeb11
Valued Poster

i agree that an infection rate of 1% of the US population is not reasonable - more likely over 50% total infection rate based on the transmissibility of the virus.

Many of these cases are asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic - and that cohort decreases the case fatality rate significantly.

I think we are going about this wrong - our response to shut down all but "essential services" leaves people circulating to transmit the virus. The virus is already at least 2-3 levels ahead in the population. I think our efforts are to noavail - with delivery services, US Post Office, grocery stores, and many other businesses open and available to transmit the virus.

Politically i think we are hidebound in the thinking and any change will elicit screams of "murder" from the LSM.
Still - I think we should carefully quarantine those at risk of death/severe morbidity - the elderly, those with underlying diseases - and let the rst of the population go about their business as we do in cold and Influenza season.

This plan obviates the need for extensive testing in the population - it is limited only to those with severe disease requiring hospitalization for disagnosis.

As Trump made the point - the cure should not be worse than the disease.

And that is what we have - and the Fascist DPST's are ...."Dancing with delight"....
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 12:59 PM   #52
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
i agree that an infection rate of 1% of the US population is not reasonable - more likely over 50% total infection rate based on the transmissibility of the virus.

Many of these cases are asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic - and that cohort decreases the case fatality rate significantly.

I think we are going about this wrong - our response to shut down all but "essential services" leaves people circulating to transmit the virus. The virus is already at least 2-3 levels ahead in the population. I think our efforts are to noavail - with delivery services, US Post Office, grocery stores, and many other businesses open and available to transmit the virus.

Politically i think we are hidebound in the thinking and any change will elicit screams of "murder" from the LSM.
Still - I think we should carefully quarantine those at risk of death/severe morbidity - the elderly, those with underlying diseases - and let the rst of the population go about their business as we do in cold and Influenza season.

This plan obviates the need for extensive testing in the population - it is limited only to those with severe disease requiring hospitalization for disagnosis.

And that is what we have - and the Fascist DPST's are ...."Dancing with delight"....
I think our difference in views is what % of the population each of us thinks is infected. My wild guess would be 5%, but increasing rapidly. So unlike you I think, hypothetically (because we don't have the tests) if you were able to do widespread testing the vast majority of people could go back to work.

I see where you're coming from with your ideas, which practically may make more sense than mine considering the inability of our institutions and government to roll out testing. I'd point out that a huge percentage of Americans have underlying conditions, 35% for high blood pressure alone. Do you quarantine them?
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:11 PM   #53
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
I think our difference in views is what % of the population each of us thinks is infected. My wild guess would be 5%, but increasing rapidly. So unlike you I think, hypothetically (because we don't have the tests) if you were able to do widespread testing the vast majority of people could go back to work.

I see where you're coming from with your ideas, which practically may make more sense than mine considering the inability of our institutions and government to roll out testing. I'd point out that a huge percentage of Americans have underlying conditions, 35% for high blood pressure alone. Do you quarantine them?
12 people have died in Texas so far from this coronavirus/COVID-19 - most of them old and with pre-existing conditions.

Hospitals are delaying elective cases preparing for what might be...or might not.

More people than that get shot in Chicago most weekends!

If the death growth rate doesn't pickup damn soon we should lift restrictions (except social distancing for another week or two) and get back to business.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:30 PM   #54
oeb11
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11

My 50% infected number of the US population is a guesstimate/generalization of the total infected at the end of the pandemic - not the number now. I think the number now infected is close to 20%. My thought.
People with underlying disease processes should be allowed to choose for themselves their choice as to quarantine - or Not. Quarantine would be to protect them from disease - they are not Typhoid Mary in NY who infected others.. People must choose for themselves - not be forced into quarantine. That is deprivation of liberty without due process/reasonable cause.

High blood pressure does not seem to be a high risk factor for other virus infections - as Influenza A. That factor alone in an otherwise healthy, normal person is not likely to predispose to adverse outcome with Wuhan coronavirus infection - IMHO!

My thought - would re-start the economy -and be reasonably safe for the vast majority of Americans.

Idea - convince Pelosi/Schumer this is a good idea - let them present it to the LSM - and the LSM would happily love it.

Problem- Pelosi and Schumer are far too invested in the current recession - which they see as their Hope to beat Trump - after all their investigations and impeachment failed.

Never Mind!!!
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:29 PM   #55
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
So far in TX, only five people have died out of a population of 25+MM.

Breathe. We can get over this without ruining the economy.
12 today, or a 140% increase in one day.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/03...ds-more-tests/

quit trying to call the bottom, i.e., the flattening. if the great masses would utilize social distancing for 2-3 weeks, this would be behind us.. not much to ask, yet so many feel so put out. bunch of Babies..
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:58 PM   #56
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:

Well then by that standard we all have it. you either have symptoms of the disease and are sick or you have no symptoms of the disease and are spreading it without realizing it. Pretty much a doomsday scenario.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 07:35 PM   #57
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
Well then by that standard we all have it. you either have symptoms of the disease and are sick or you have no symptoms of the disease and are spreading it without realizing it. Pretty much a doomsday scenario.
New York, India, Europe.. those are all Shit Hole areas, with Shit Hole leadership.. never mind they are quarantined. the Big T will get us moving forward, fuck the Blue States and their Corona mindsets.. Red rules, Baby!

you want leadership? the Reverend Jerry Falwell Jr. will convene thousands of students back to Liberty University, fuck the virus, Moral Majority y'all! Daddy Jerry would be proud!
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:02 PM   #58
Jaxson66
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Trump declares ‘major disaster’ in Texas because of coronavirus

AUSTIN – Two days after Gov. Greg Abbott requested it, President Donald Trump on Wednesday declared that a major disaster exists in Texas because of an outbreak of the novel coronavirus.

Trump ordered federal monetary assistance to supplement state and local recovery efforts in areas affected by COVID-19 beginning on Jan. 20 “and continuing,” said a White House release.

The money will help the state and Texas’ local governments and nonprofits take “emergency protective measures, including direct federal assistance, for all areas” affected by the disease, it said. As Abbott requested, the declaration also freed up federal funds for crisis counseling.

On Monday, the Republican governor asked for the declaration, saying Texas’ response to the virus requires immediate infusions of tens of millions of federal dollars.

In a letter to Trump, Abbott said the current virus-spread “incident is of such severity and magnitude that effective response is beyond the capabilities of the state and affected local governments.”

Abbott, perhaps preparing rural residents for more aggressive state actions, highlighted how a lack of personal protective equipment such as masks and gloves for health care workers forced Shackelford County to close its one medical clinic. More closures of rural clinics could come soon, he warned.

In a state with more than 3.6 million residents who are 65 or older — or fitting the description of people most at risk from the virus — Abbott had another dire warning.

“Even a small infected percentage” of a larger population cohort, he said “can be overwhelming.”

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...n-san-antonio/

Open for business or a disaster? Abbott doesn’t appear very confident we’ll be open for business.
Jaxson66 is offline   Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:32 PM   #59
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
12 today, or a 140% increase in one day.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/03...ds-more-tests/

quit trying to call the bottom, i.e., the flattening. if the great masses would utilize social distancing for 2-3 weeks, this would be behind us.. not much to ask, yet so many feel so put out. bunch of Babies..
I don't think that was the increase in one day - I think it took several. The numbers are too low to be significant anyway.

Let's see tomorrow after noon - I think they update then.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:13 PM   #60
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson66 View Post
Trump declares ‘major disaster’ in Texas because of coronavirus

AUSTIN – Two days after Gov. Greg Abbott requested it, President Donald Trump on Wednesday declared that a major disaster exists in Texas because of an outbreak of the novel coronavirus.

Trump ordered federal monetary assistance to supplement state and local recovery efforts in areas affected by COVID-19 beginning on Jan. 20 “and continuing,” said a White House release.

The money will help the state and Texas’ local governments and nonprofits take “emergency protective measures, including direct federal assistance, for all areas” affected by the disease, it said. As Abbott requested, the declaration also freed up federal funds for crisis counseling.

On Monday, the Republican governor asked for the declaration, saying Texas’ response to the virus requires immediate infusions of tens of millions of federal dollars.

In a letter to Trump, Abbott said the current virus-spread “incident is of such severity and magnitude that effective response is beyond the capabilities of the state and affected local governments.”

Abbott, perhaps preparing rural residents for more aggressive state actions, highlighted how a lack of personal protective equipment such as masks and gloves for health care workers forced Shackelford County to close its one medical clinic. More closures of rural clinics could come soon, he warned.

In a state with more than 3.6 million residents who are 65 or older — or fitting the description of people most at risk from the virus — Abbott had another dire warning.

“Even a small infected percentage” of a larger population cohort, he said “can be overwhelming.”

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...n-san-antonio/

Open for business or a disaster? Abbott doesn’t appear very confident we’ll be open for business.
Well with all this mayhem Residence of Texas should be experiencing great traffic snarls soon due to funeral processions.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women