Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70386
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35180
Mojojo33117

Old 09-26-2011, 09:20 PM   #1
anaximander
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5
Default The West Texas way and Perry

Who here is a native West Texan?
I am from Odessa the capitol of West Texas.

It was different there till about the 1990's.
National homogenization has leveled most
of what was. Since the 1940's it has been
an unspoken deal. The illegals worked the
fields and slaughterhouse, some housekeeper
and babysitting; their kids went to school.

While the intent may have had more to do
with keeping the streets clear in the day.
That is how it has been for almost 70 ys
that I know of. Wouldn't be suprised
if it didn't exist in some form since
The Republic.

However those illegals stayed on the DL.
No welfare senoras.
No food stamp applicants.
No answering census.
No housing voucher seekers.
And most importantly
NO VOTING
The mexicans today are more mexicant's
than mexican. I used to have views on
immigration not to different from
tha gubna's- I had a come to Jesus moment
that Perry either hasn't had or can't accept yet.
It took me awhile to see the light.
All the mezzkin flags being marched
in LA with those transients demanding
citizenship and my money did it for me.

Perry can be brought around. It wouldn't be
the first time Perry had to follow the public lead.
He was raised a democrat. That conditioning
can be difficult to completely exorcise.
I know, I was too.
Explains my attraction to hookers.
anaximander is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:30 PM   #2
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

I would beg to differ, Lubbock isn't called the Hub City for no reason.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:15 AM   #3
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

@ Anaximander: While I agree with your analysis; I disagree with your conclsion.

You are basically saying that Conservative should "trust" that Perry will learn and govern as a small government fiscal hawk who is tough on immigration and sticks to our constitution. I don't think American Conservatives will buy into that mistake again !

The same expectations were held out for prior candidates and none of them had Conservative DNA ! Ultimately they were RHINOs....Bush Senior, Bush Junior, McCain and even Dole....Perry transformed from an Al Gore Democrat into a Chamber of Commerce Republican. That wasn't much of a leap in the 1990s..I don't see Perry moving much further to the Conservative agenda. He had his chance in 3 debates; but he played the "you have no heart" trump card on us conservatives !
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:38 PM   #4
anaximander
Valued Poster

Default point valid

@ boltfan:
lol I get that from the denizens of
Lubbock and Abilene ha you rock!

Whirlaway- true, I said he might have
a hard time accepting it. He's a little oldet
and those kind of views die hard.
I have no trouble abandoning failed
or flawed paradigms- others not so much.

Unless he changes tack and explain himself
in more or less the same verbage I did
his chances are going to evaporate like
a puddle in the West Texas sun.

As it stands his candidacy is more
endangered than the horny toads.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:00 AM   #5
Texaspride74
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 6

@ Anaximander

Rick Perry giving the illegals free/discouted education is just the tip of the iceberg. While Perry talks like a conservative during a campaign, that is all it is. There is nothing conservative about him. Not only that, but he is up for sale at all times (see forced guardicil shots, trans-texas corridor, NAPTA Super Highway for a few examples). All the credit he gets for creating jobs is media propaganda. Truth is, un-employment has doubled since Bush was the GOV.

Now, if it is a true conservative from Texas you want then there is only one. He is the man who has said the same thing for 30 years and has never wavered or sold out to anyone. He is the man that called the Housing Bubble collapse 5 years before it happened. He is the man that forgotten more about economics then the rest of the GOP field combined will ever know. He is the man with the highest Constitutional voting record since Thomas Jefferson. He is by far the realist Conservative in the field. He is attacked or just ignored by all the Main Stream Media because they work for stock holders of the Federal Reserve (which he wants to audit and then abolish) and the Corperate lobbyist (who he has never taken money from and never will). This man is the 12 term Texas Congressmen, Ron Paul.
Texaspride74 is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 04:44 AM   #6
Af-Freakin
BANNED

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaspride74 View Post
@ Anaximander

Rick Perry giving the illegals free/discouted education is just the tip of the iceberg. While Perry talks like a conservative during a campaign, that is all it is. There is nothing conservative about him. Not only that, but he is up for sale at all times (see forced guardicil shots, trans-texas corridor, NAPTA Super Highway for a few examples). All the credit he gets for creating jobs is media propaganda. Truth is, un-employment has doubled since Bush was the GOV.

Now, if it is a true conservative from Texas you want then there is only one. He is the man who has said the same thing for 30 years and has never wavered or sold out to anyone. He is the man that called the Housing Bubble collapse 5 years before it happened. He is the man that forgotten more about economics then the rest of the GOP field combined will ever know. He is the man with the highest Constitutional voting record since Thomas Jefferson. He is by far the realist Conservative in the field. He is attacked or just ignored by all the Main Stream Media because they work for stock holders of the Federal Reserve (which he wants to audit and then abolish) and the Corperate lobbyist (who he has never taken money from and never will). This man is the 12 term Texas Congressmen, Ron Paul.
& reason #1, he wants 2 make weed legal! u teanuts r a joke
Af-Freakin is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:28 AM   #7
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

What's wrong with making marijuana legal?
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:50 AM   #8
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Af-Freakin View Post
There are numerous reasons that legalizing weed would be good but that is one small item. While I have some concern on Ron Pauls foreign policy his overall agenda of small government and personal freedom is very attractive.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:26 AM   #9
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

What is Rick Perry's stance on sanctuary cities?

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/10...sanctuary.html

Did he deliver on his promise?
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:11 PM   #10
anaximander
Valued Poster

Default Perry does respond to the people....eventually

Legalizing weed is a backdoor move
to strip such users of their firearms.
DoJ has already said med marj users
are not allowed to have guns.
Psychopharmeceuticals like prozac
and the like are also reasons for
refusing sales to such citizens.

The TTC was abandoned.
Texas superhighway similarly dropped.
Guardasil- opt-out clause from the beginning
legislature killed it
Not really the record of some overlord dictat.
Education for the illegals passed in the Leg.
I wasn't pleased with the choice but subsequent
2010 elections didn't punish the reps for their votes,
GOP took supermajority- yeah that'll teach 'em.

Ron Paul is a fraud.
You don't get to complain about earmarks and such.
Vowing to vote against all- meanwhile all bills
with such-RP had his share of earmarks in them.
His flaccid no vote was in no danger of standing.
He is disingenuous and decietful.
A man of true honor would not make it to
where he benefitted from something he was
opposed to on principle alone.
Thus, he has no principles that matter
regarding liberty provided he gets his.

He is perhaps one of the worst pols
when it comes to duplicity.

As for the increase in Texas unemployment.
Hello, people have been fleeing blue states
en mass. Coming here looking to find work.
Some do, some don't. Texas created more
jobs than the other 49 combined.
So that stat you floated is disingenuous as well.
I switched jobs last week.
Unemployed for all of 2 hrs 45 mins.
20% pay increase little driving.
I was looking to be out of work at least a week.
No rest for the wicked.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:32 AM   #11
Texaspride74
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Af-Freakin View Post
First of all, he is for the decriminalization of drugs because the drug war has been such a massive failure and is wasting tax-payers dollars. Second, he said it should be a State issue, not a Federal one. The Federal Government was never supposed to be this big and the fact that has gotten this big is one of the main reasons we are in such shit today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
What's wrong with making marijuana legal?
First of all, it never should have been made illegal and wouldn't have been if you didn't have the big corperate lobbyist and the banking elite go after it. And why wouldn't they, do you realize how many things can be made from the hemp? It can be used to make all kinds of products from paper, clothing, office supplies, cars, fuel, to even some food products. I could go on and on but some people have called hemp the plant of 30,000 uses because it combines the utility of the soybean, the cotton plant and the Douglas Fir tree into one green package. Hemp is an environmental, renewable, reusable and recyclable resource. Hemp grows well without herbicides, fungicides, or pesticides. Now do you really thing Monsanto, Big Oil Companies, ect. want one product that can eliminate the need for all there stuff? And I didn't even get into all the drug money from Mexico that is laundered through the Big 5 Banks. If it was legal, the banking elite would lose out on a lot of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
There are numerous reasons that legalizing weed would be good but that is one small item. While I have some concern on Ron Pauls foreign policy his overall agenda of small government and personal freedom is very attractive.
You do realize that Ron Paul is all about the Constitution and everything he says and does stems from that, right? His foriegn policy runs hand in hand with is Constitutional beliefs in small Government and personal liberty. He is about a strong National Defense, but he doesn't support America going to war for the sake of the Military Industrial Complex's nation building, recource stealing, and overal agenda to police the world. This is the same stance that the Founding Fathers laid out in very plain language in the US Constitution because they knew what it leads to and it damn sure isn't small government or personal freedom.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:30 AM   #12
Texaspride74
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaximander View Post
Legalizing weed is a backdoor move
to strip such users of their firearms.
DoJ has already said med marj users
are not allowed to have guns.
Psychopharmeceuticals like prozac
and the like are also reasons for
refusing sales to such citizens.

The TTC was abandoned.
Texas superhighway similarly dropped.
Guardasil- opt-out clause from the beginning
legislature killed it
Not really the record of some overlord dictat.
Education for the illegals passed in the Leg.
I wasn't pleased with the choice but subsequent
2010 elections didn't punish the reps for their votes,
GOP took supermajority- yeah that'll teach 'em.

Ron Paul is a fraud.
You don't get to complain about earmarks and such.
Vowing to vote against all- meanwhile all bills
with such-RP had his share of earmarks in them.
His flaccid no vote was in no danger of standing.
He is disingenuous and decietful.
A man of true honor would not make it to
where he benefitted from something he was
opposed to on principle alone.
Thus, he has no principles that matter
regarding liberty provided he gets his.

He is perhaps one of the worst pols
when it comes to duplicity.

As for the increase in Texas unemployment.
Hello, people have been fleeing blue states
en mass. Coming here looking to find work.
Some do, some don't. Texas created more
jobs than the other 49 combined.
So that stat you floated is disingenuous as well.
I switched jobs last week.
Unemployed for all of 2 hrs 45 mins.
20% pay increase little driving.
I was looking to be out of work at least a week.
No rest for the wicked.

See the post below for reason why it is illegal today. As for the DOJ, they have no business doing most of what they do in a Constitutional Republic, which is what America is supposed to be. It, like so many other things is a States Rights issue, not a Federal one.

As for the TTC and the NAPTA Superhighway, Rick Perry did his very best to push both through and it was only stopped because of the uproar from Texans. Perry doesn’t care one bit about the sovereignty of Texas, only about the money he can make catering to lobbyist. As for the forced guardicil shots. Rick Perry not only signed it into law through an executive order, he then came out and told people they had to get it because “it’s the law”. The fact is that he only put this through because of the donations from Merc and he knew full well about the shots being proven both unsafe and ineffective in the trials. In this respect, he is no different then Romney or Obama. As for illegals, Perry was and is a democrat in every since of the word. There is nothing Conservative about him except his talk during elections. If Perry wanted to do something about Illegal Aliens coming across the border he wouldn’t have been giving Obama notes asking him to do something. He would have told the Texas National Guard to go to the Texas/Mexico border. Protecting the borders is one of the few things the Federal Government is supposed to be doing and when they can’t or won’t do it, then it is up to the States to do it. As the Gov, Perry could have easily deployed the National Guard to the border. I do agree that the Fence on the border would just be for show. The answer is to defend out borders, and do away with all the entitlements given to non US Citizens, thus eliminating the reason they come here.

Now, on to your comments about Ron Paul. The fact that you would even try to claim he is a fraud is laughable only in its ignorance. Ron Paul is the most consistent Politician there is today. Whether or not you agree with what he stands for, he has never changed what he stands for. Every single vote he has ever cast has been based on the Constitution and the stats back that up as he has a 100% Constitutional voting record and has the highest since Jefferson. He talks about the same things today as he did 30 years ago and that is on record. He votes based on his Constitutional principles all the time, even when it is unpopular or against the norm from dems and repubs. He was one of the only people to vote against the original Patriot Act, which is one of the most unconstitutional pieces of trash in history. Even in the last couple weeks, he came out against the killing of Al-Awlaki without due process because the 5th Amendment clearly states every American citizen has the right to due process. Rick Perry meanwhile supported it. But Paul knows full well if they can get away with it here, then there is nothing to stop the President from putting anyone he wants on a kill list without having to prove anything pertaining to the guilt of that person. Ron Paul has never voted to raise the pay of congress. He gives back a portion of his annual salary to the Treasury department. He has never taken money from Corporate lobbyist or wall street for any issue. Lobbyist don’t even approach Ron Paul anymore because they know his vote can’t be bought. So please try again saying he only votes for personal gain. He is the most honorable man in Washington and would be the first real President since JFK if he were to become President. He is exactly what this Country needs if we want any chance at a future. Bush, Romney, or Cain would be more of the same and wouldn’t change a damn thing. We would just continue down the path of the dollar being devalued, less and less private sector jobs, more inflation, more police state, and less liberty until the shit hits the fan. And when that happens, it will make the Great Depression look like a picnic.

Yes, people come to Texas because it is a right to work state and because of the many State recourses which create jobs. Rick Perry hasn’t created a damn thing. While it is nice u found a job instantly, the truth is the vast majority of people who have lost jobs in Texas don’t and thus many of them have quit looking. So, while there may have been many jobs created here, nobody want to talk about all the jobs lost and the fact that those who quit looking and/or work illegally don’t factor into the unemployment rate, the truth is that it is much higher. Hell, in Abilene, the reported unemployment rate is at its highest point since 1988 and the actual number is a lot worse. There are no jobs to speak of here and the number will continue to rise as long as Perry and people like him run things.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women