Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40276
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 02-05-2024, 03:01 PM   #1
FRESHNFRUITY
Account Disabled

Default Does holding the US Border Hostage make sense?

Holding the US Border Hostage for $$ to defend the border of another country (Ukraine) (Kiev to DFW is 5,846 miles in the air) makes no sense to me. I am with the Republicans pushing back on this deal.
I ask, why not enforce existing laws? You are telling me we need new laws?

No guarantee Biden will enforce them
FRESHNFRUITY is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 03:54 PM   #2
oilfieldace
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Exactly , 4,999 illegal misfits can come in daily and all is fine. The bill says 5000 will get the border completely closed. Does anyone actually believe Biden will do it, he doesn’t enforce current laws , what makes it mandatory for him to implement this one? Absolutely nothing. We also do not know what’s included to hamstring the next President regardless of who he/she may be. The bill is hogwash and must be filed accordingly.
oilfieldace is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 03:59 PM   #3
FRESHNFRUITY
Account Disabled

Come on leftie cheerleader's tell us how good this deal is
Old 02-05-2024, 04:03 PM   #4
FRESHNFRUITY
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldace View Post
Exactly , 4,999 illegal misfits can come in daily and all is fine. The bill says 5000 will get the border completely closed. Does anyone actually believe Biden will do it, he doesn’t enforce current laws , what makes it mandatory for him to implement this one? Absolutely nothing. We also do not know what’s included to hamstring the next President regardless of who he/she may be. The bill is hogwash and must be filed accordingly.
Tru dat OFA, Tru dat.

What irks me the most is holding the US Border Hostage to funding the defense of foreign borders. If the funds for the Ukraine border were available, Biden wouldn't do one damn thing about the US border.

This deal smells worse than the Cleveland Steamer I administered
Old 02-05-2024, 04:49 PM   #5
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRESHNFRUITY View Post
Come on leftie cheerleader's tell us how good this deal is
Let me preface this by stating I am not a lefty cheerleader.

If the conservative congress doesn’t like the bill then they should get into the trenches and start negotiating a compromise.

The problem they have is that it doesn’t matter how good a deal they get. Trump has said he will never go for a compromise and they are too scared of their own constituents response to the big cheato to press the issue.
txdot-guy is online now   Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 08:18 PM   #6
eyecu2
Premium Access

Encounters: 81

Welcome freshnfruity. Seems like youve jumped in like a "seasoned member". 49 posts in 24 hours is a pretty good rate sir. I don't know many newbie's with that level of activity...but I know a few prior members who did.

Whos holding the border hostage is that orange guy who doesn't want any permanent change to the border - at least not unless he was the one in office. The deal that is on the table is a good one for Republicans...and so so for Dems.

Why do you think it's not being considered Honestly.
eyecu2 is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 04:53 AM   #7
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

None of that bill makes any sense to me.

Half of it is going to Ukraine. I am ok with supporting Ukraine, but that support should be debated as a separate bill. TW: That amount of money, some 60 billion USD, is about the budget for the entire US Marine Corps.

But wat irks me the most, is that border security can be done qithout massive additional spending. Severely limiting the influx of foregn nationals (whatever you want o to call them) can be done with laws that are already in place and through administrative actions on the part of the executive branch. Ink is pretty cheap.
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 05:29 AM   #8
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecu2 View Post
Welcome freshnfruity. Seems like youve jumped in like a "seasoned member". 49 posts in 24 hours is a pretty good rate sir. I don't know many newbie's with that level of activity...but I know a few prior members who did.

Whos holding the border hostage is that orange guy who doesn't want any permanent change to the border - at least not unless he was the one in office. The deal that is on the table is a good one for Republicans...and so so for Dems.

Why do you think it's not being considered Honestly.
It’s not being considered because it’s only a border bill in name, that does nothing to stop illegal immigration. Making illegal immigrants not illegal doesn’t actually solve the problem. The only reason for it, besides allowing unfettered entrance to the US, is to deflect the Biden administration’s culpability for the current invasion. It’s not going to work. Most Americans don’t subscribe to the “ignore the evidence of your eyes and ears” directive, yet.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 06:40 AM   #9
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

What i’m seeing from several posters here in this thread is that they don’t like putting Ukraine and Israel foreign aid into this immigration bill. The second thing i’m seeing is the belief that the border problem can be solved with the existing laws and funding we already have in place.

Well defense spending on Ukraine and Israel is what the conservatives are trading to get concessions on immigration reform. In my opinion there are quite a number of republican congressmen and senators who want to fund Ukraine and Israel but don’t want to buck their leadership. They are using this bill to get both immigration reform and foreign aid.

Secondly the idea that existing laws can limit the influx of illegal immigration is ludicrous. Our immigration laws haven’t changed in forty years. The situation has been steadily getting worse and the only way to get any kind of control back is to update our existing laws to allow border patrol to keep up with the influx of new immigrants.

As far as the charge of ignoring evidence goes, it seems to me that there are a large number of people who only believe what they hear from trump social, fox news and talk radio. Regardless of what the truth actually is.
Old 02-06-2024, 07:11 AM   #10
1blackman1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

The righties seem to forget that the whole foreign/border funding was the GOPs idea. When Biden asked for funding for Ukraine and Israel the GOP placed border riders on the bill.

Don't now complain they've been stuck together.
1blackman1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 07:13 AM   #11
oilfieldace
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
What i’m seeing from several posters here in this thread is that they don’t like putting Ukraine and Israel foreign aid into this immigration bill. The second thing i’m seeing is the belief that the border problem can be solved with the existing laws and funding we already have in place.

Well defense spending on Ukraine and Israel is what the conservatives are trading to get concessions on immigration reform. In my opinion there are quite a number of republican congressmen and senators who want to fund Ukraine and Israel but don’t want to buck their leadership. They are using this bill to get both immigration reform and foreign aid.

Secondly the idea that existing laws can limit the influx of illegal immigration is ludicrous. Our immigration laws haven’t changed in forty years. The situation has been steadily getting worse and the only way to get any kind of control back is to update our existing laws to allow border patrol to keep up with the influx of new immigrants.

As far as the charge of ignoring evidence goes, it seems to me that there are a large number of people who only believe what they hear from trump social, fox news and talk radio. Regardless of what the truth actually is.
Trump slowed it to a crawl with executive orders.

Please explain when was the last time any existing immigration law was enforced? None have, so how do you know they won’t work?
Is that your opinion or fact?
Your wrong about people only believe what they hear from Trump ,etc.
I don’t listen to Trumps speeches . I don’t want hear what you are going to do, I want to witness it at the grocery store, pump etc. to me that is all that matters. That’s how everyone I know reasons. What did you do for the United States and me.

The only position I listen to is Biden and that’s for the comedy. If it weren’t for her laugh, I would listen to Kamala, some funny stuff flows from her .
Old 02-06-2024, 07:38 AM   #12
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Prices at the pump are way down. Prices at the grocery stores are coming down. Inflation is slowing and the economy is doing fine.

You should be happy.

What does that have to do with immigration reform? Too many immigrants shopping for food at your grocery store?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 07:50 AM   #13
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldace View Post
Trump slowed it to a crawl with executive orders.

Please explain when was the last time any existing immigration law was enforced? None have, so how do you know they won’t work?
Is that your opinion or fact?
How do I know that existing laws don’t work? I use simple logic. Don’t you think that if the laws were working that we wouldn’t have a problem. The border patrol would capture illegal immigrants, they would be quickly processed, their asylum claims would be adjudicated and then they would be deported but that’s not happening.

To believe that the border patrol is simply ignoring the laws or that they have been told to ignore the laws is simply wrong. If that was the case then the state of texas would have brought some kind of lawsuit to make them follow the law. Why hasn’t that happened? Instead they just impeach DHS Secretary Mayorkas because they know any other kind of lawsuit would be laughed out of court.

I try to use logic and Occam's razor when making decisions and forming opinions. What’s the simplest explanation of why the border crisis hasn’t been resolved? Politicians would rather use it as a wedge issue rather than making concessions so we could actually make some headway on the issue. This time around it’s the republicans, under the direction of Trump, who are poisoning the well.
Old 02-06-2024, 08:13 AM   #14
farmstud60
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blackman1 View Post
The righties seem to forget that the whole foreign/border funding was the GOPs idea. When Biden asked for funding for Ukraine and Israel the GOP placed border riders on the bill.

Don't now complain they've been stuck together.

The Democrats gave up nothing, this bill guarantees and open border.
farmstud60 is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 09:20 AM   #15
oilfieldace
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
How do I know that existing laws don’t work? I use simple logic. Don’t you think that if the laws were working that we wouldn’t have a problem. The border patrol would capture illegal immigrants, they would be quickly processed, their asylum claims would be adjudicated and then they would be deported but that’s not happening.

To believe that the border patrol is simply ignoring the laws or that they have been told to ignore the laws is simply wrong. If that was the case then the state of texas would have brought some kind of lawsuit to make them follow the law. Why hasn’t that happened? Instead they just impeach DHS Secretary Mayorkas because they know any other kind of lawsuit would be laughed out of court.

I try to use logic and Occam's razor when making decisions and forming opinions. What’s the simplest explanation of why the border crisis hasn’t been resolved? Politicians would rather use it as a wedge issue rather than making concessions so we could actually make some headway on the issue. This time around it’s the republicans, under the direction of Trump, who are poisoning the well.
The laws are not being utilized, your logic is flawed. You view Biden through rose colored glasses. You ignore or refuse to give Trump the credit that is well deserved, no wonder we keep electing brain dead liberals, they have their followers brain washed.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women