Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70385
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 11-20-2018, 09:05 PM   #1
ShahOfTexas
Premium Access

Encounters: 45
Default Why Torchy's why?

I really wanted to like eating there, but I got sick the first time. I gambled, ate there again, and was again totally sick an hour later. Torchy's == Chipotle.
ShahOfTexas is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 04:31 AM   #2
dallasfan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 89

Which torchys and what did you get? The one off of 75 and McDermott is disgusting.
The shrimp tasted like it was a week old and had been left out.

Now why they didn’t get the tokyo drift onto the regular menu is another story.
dallasfan is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 06:38 AM   #3
Jules Jaguar
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 15434
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Torchys sucks anyway! Sorry you got sick. I hope you feel better.
Jules Jaguar is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 02:37 PM   #4
JohnQ1769
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27

Just go to a Taqueria and eat real tacos!
JohnQ1769 is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 02:38 PM   #5
Crock
Upgraded Male Account

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShahOfTexas View Post
I really wanted to like eating there, but I got sick the first time. I gambled, ate there again, and was again totally sick an hour later. Torchy's == Chipotle.
I disagree with you on two points, one factual, and one subjective:

The majority of food poisoning doesn't present symptoms for 24-48 hours after eating the bad food. We have a tendency to blame the last thing we ate before coating the inside of a toilet bowl, but it's actually almost always something we ate the day before.

And Torchy's is delicious. Every time I've ever gone, the ingredients have been fresh and their menu has some great, unique combinations of flavors for tacos. Sucks that you haven't enjoyed your visits.
Crock is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:41 PM   #6
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

I agree with Crock.....Torchy's IS absolutely delicious!

I've eaten at a number of locations when visiting Austin as well as the one close to my job in Plano (off the Tollway) and have never, ever had a bad meal at any of their eateries.

All in all, to each their own....WALDT, especially when it comes to "tacos"....heh heh.....
Guest050619-1 is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 08:10 AM   #7
AmericanHardwood
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 29

Went once
Won’t be back
Those aren’t tacos
AmericanHardwood is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 10:21 AM   #8
txexetoo
Premium Access

Encounters: 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crock View Post
I disagree with you on two points, one factual, and one subjective:

The majority of food poisoning doesn't present symptoms for 24-48 hours after eating the bad food. We have a tendency to blame the last thing we ate before coating the inside of a toilet bowl, but it's actually almost always something we ate the day before.

And Torchy's is delicious. Every time I've ever gone, the ingredients have been fresh and their menu has some great, unique combinations of flavors for tacos. Sucks that you haven't enjoyed your visits.

While some types of food poisoning don’t show up for 24 hours or longer some can manifest as early as 6 to 8 hours. But if the op got sick within an hour of eating Torchies it wasn’t from torchy’s. Torchy’s is great. I eat at the McDermott location all the time and I’ve never had a complaint. And it’s much better than that shit they serve at fuzzies or that crap it’s at fuel city
txexetoo is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 11:26 AM   #9
BLM69
BANNED

Encounters: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnQ1769 View Post
Just go to a Taqueria and eat real tacos!
X2
BLM69 is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 11:44 AM   #10
mrredcat43
Premium Access

Encounters: 122

Melis Taqueria off Vickery in Ft Worth is legit. Cash only, and the ladies don't speak English. Great prices too
mrredcat43 is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 11:55 AM   #11
oeb11
Valued Poster

From the CDC - many different causes of food poisoning - and different incubation periods
Symptoms and Sources of 10 Foodborne Germs Germ and Typical Time for Symptoms to Appear Typical Signs and Symptoms Common Food Sources Campylobacter
2 – 5 days Diarrhea (often bloody), stomach cramps/pain, fever Raw or undercooked poultry, raw (unpasteurized) milk, and contaminated water Clostridium botulinum (Botulism)
18 – 36 hours Double or blurred vision, drooping eyelids, slurred speech. Difficulty swallowing, breathing and dry mouth. Muscle weakness and paralysis. Symptoms start in the head and move down as severity increases Improperly canned or fermented foods, usually homemade. Prison-made illicit alcohol. Clostridium perfringens
6 – 24 hours Diarrhea, stomach cramps. Vomiting and fever are uncommon. Usually begins suddenly and lasts for less than 24 hours Beef or poultry, especially large roasts; gravies; dried or precooked foods Cyclospora
1 week Watery diarrhea, loss of appetite and weight loss. Stomach cramps/pain, bloating, increased gas, nausea, and fatigue. Raw fruits or vegetables, and herbs Escherichia coli (E. coli)
3 – 4 days Severe stomach cramps, diarrhea (often bloody), and vomiting. Around 5-10% of people diagnosed with this infection develop a life-threatening complication. Raw or undercooked ground beef, raw (unpasteurized) milk and juice, raw vegetables (such as lettuce), and raw sprouts, contaminated water Listeria
1 – 4 weeks Pregnant women typically experience fever and other flu-like symptoms, such as fatigue and muscle aches. Infections during pregnancy can lead to serious illness or even death in newborns.
Other people (most often older adults): headache, stiff neck, confusion, loss of balance and convulsions in addition to fever and muscle aches. Queso fresco and other soft cheeses, raw sprouts, melons, hot dogs, pâtés, deli meats, smoked seafood, and raw (unpasteurized) milk. Norovirus
12 – 48 hours Diarrhea, nausea/stomach pain, vomiting Infected person, contaminated food like leafy greens, fresh fruits, shellfish (such as oysters), or water, or by touching contaminated surfaces Salmonella
12 – 72 hours Diarrhea, fever, stomach cramps, vomiting Eggs, raw or undercooked poultry or meat, unpasteurized milk or juice, cheese, raw fruits and vegetables Staphylococcus aureus (Staph)
30 minutes – 6 hours Nausea, vomiting, and stomach cramps. Most people also have diarrhea. Foods that are not cooked after handling, such as sliced meats, puddings, pastries, and sandwiches. Vibrio
1 – 4 days Watery diarrhea, nausea. stomach cramps, vomiting, fever, chills Raw or undercooked shellfish, particularly oysters

30 minutes to a week for onset of symptoms- depends on the bacteria
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 08:19 PM   #12
dallasfan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 89

Torchys is so good...but Has golden taco syndrome.

Baja shrimp
Wrangler
Tokyo drift
Chip and queso and whatever the hell is in there.
dallasfan is offline   Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 10:55 AM   #13
Crock
Upgraded Male Account

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11 View Post
From the CDC - many different causes of food poisoning - and different incubation periods
Symptoms and Sources of 10 Foodborne Germs Germ and Typical Time for Symptoms to Appear Typical Signs and Symptoms Common Food Sources
Campylobacter
2 – 5 days Diarrhea (often bloody), stomach cramps/pain, fever Raw or undercooked poultry, raw (unpasteurized) milk, and contaminated water

Clostridium botulinum (Botulism)
18 – 36 hours Double or blurred vision, drooping eyelids, slurred speech. Difficulty swallowing, breathing and dry mouth. Muscle weakness and paralysis. Symptoms start in the head and move down as severity increases Improperly canned or fermented foods, usually homemade. Prison-made illicit alcohol.

Clostridium perfringens
6 – 24 hours Diarrhea, stomach cramps. Vomiting and fever are uncommon. Usually begins suddenly and lasts for less than 24 hours Beef or poultry, especially large roasts; gravies; dried or precooked foods

Cyclospora
1 week Watery diarrhea, loss of appetite and weight loss. Stomach cramps/pain, bloating, increased gas, nausea, and fatigue. Raw fruits or vegetables, and herbs

Escherichia coli (E. coli)
3 – 4 days Severe stomach cramps, diarrhea (often bloody), and vomiting. Around 5-10% of people diagnosed with this infection develop a life-threatening complication. Raw or undercooked ground beef, raw (unpasteurized) milk and juice, raw vegetables (such as lettuce), and raw sprouts, contaminated water

Listeria
1 – 4 weeks Pregnant women typically experience fever and other flu-like symptoms, such as fatigue and muscle aches. Infections during pregnancy can lead to serious illness or even death in newborns.
Other people (most often older adults): headache, stiff neck, confusion, loss of balance and convulsions in addition to fever and muscle aches. Queso fresco and other soft cheeses, raw sprouts, melons, hot dogs, pâtés, deli meats, smoked seafood, and raw (unpasteurized) milk.

Norovirus
12 – 48 hours Diarrhea, nausea/stomach pain, vomiting Infected person, contaminated food like leafy greens, fresh fruits, shellfish (such as oysters), or water, or by touching contaminated surfaces

Salmonella
12 – 72 hours Diarrhea, fever, stomach cramps, vomiting Eggs, raw or undercooked poultry or meat, unpasteurized milk or juice, cheese, raw fruits and vegetables

Staphylococcus aureus (Staph)
30 minutes – 6 hours Nausea, vomiting, and stomach cramps. Most people also have diarrhea. Foods that are not cooked after handling, such as sliced meats, puddings, pastries, and sandwiches.

Vibrio
1 – 4 days Watery diarrhea, nausea. stomach cramps, vomiting, fever, chills Raw or undercooked shellfish, particularly oysters

30 minutes to a week for onset of symptoms- depends on the bacteria
Sure, but some of these are far, far more common than others. There's a reason why listeria shut down Blue Bell Ice Cream for months and months and months. There's a reason why e. coli is making everyone afraid to eat Romaine lettuce right now.

When someone says they got the bubble guts after eating something, I always think of norovirus. In general, food poisoning is usually from something you ate a day or two earlier. Not an hour or two earlier.
Crock is offline   Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 05:37 PM   #14
MRMR
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

I ll pass on Torchys.
I found them to over rated and very average.

Try Tacos Y Mas (Handle of Stores around DFW).
Tuesday is 1.99 Tacos (Presidente and Cowboy are my Favorites!)
MRMR is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 02:11 PM   #15
txexetoo
Premium Access

Encounters: 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMR View Post
I ll pass on Torchys.
I found them to over rated and very average.

Try Tacos Y Mas (Handle of Stores around DFW).
Tuesday is 1.99 Tacos (Presidente and Cowboy are my Favorites!)
Tacos y mas, now that’s over rated
txexetoo is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women