Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 245
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160442
Yssup Rider59883
gman4452908
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47499
pyramider46370
bambino40301
CryptKicker37075
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35287
Mojojo33117

Old 08-15-2011, 06:11 AM   #1
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Default Buffett Speaks The Truth

(Reuters) - Billionaire Warren Buffett urged lawmakers to raise taxes on the country's super-rich to help cut the budget deficit, saying such a move will not hurt investments.
"My friends and I have been coddled long enough by a billionaire-friendly Congress. It's time for our government to get serious about shared sacrifice," The 80-year-old "Oracle of Omaha" wrote in an opinion article in The New York Times.
Buffett, one of the world's richest men and chairman of conglomerate Berkshire Hathaway Inc , said his federal tax bill last year was $6,938,744.
"That sounds like a lot of money. But what I paid was only 17.4 percent of my taxable income - and that's actually a lower percentage than was paid by any of the other 20 people in our office. Their tax burdens ranged from 33 percent to 41 percent and averaged 36 percent," he said.
Lawmakers engaged in a partisan battle over spending and taxes for more than three months before agreeing on August 2 to raise the $14.3 trillion U.S. debt ceiling, avoiding a U.S. default.
"Americans are rapidly losing faith in the ability of Congress to deal with our country's fiscal problems. Only action that is immediate, real and very substantial will prevent that doubt from morphing into hopelessness," Buffett said.
Buffett said higher taxes for the rich will not discourage investment.
"I have worked with investors for 60 years and I have yet to see anyone - not even when capital gains rates were 39.9 percent in 1976-77 - shy away from a sensible investment because of the tax rate on the potential gain," he said
"People invest to make money, and potential taxes have never scared them off."
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:23 AM   #2
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Warren is right and so was Obama- let's go back to the Clinton tax rates
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:40 AM   #3
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

I have a difficult time understanding how those who are fortunate enough to fall in the upper 2% income bracket have convinced Joe Middle Class to support extending the Bush tax cuts. Unless those supporting Tea Party candidates are much wealthier than I imagined than they are voting against their own self-interest. What is even more perplexing is that they are doing so with a smile on their face.

If someone offered me a position that would pay me $1 million in 2011 but I would have to pay the tax rate that was paid in the year 2000. I would accept that job in a heartbeat. Me and my newly acquired $1 million salary would be smiling all of the way to the bank!

I am the first to admit that I do not mind paying my fair share of taxes. With that said, I do not want to pay a higher percentage of taxes than those who are fortunate enough to make much more than I.
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:06 AM   #4
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

The only way the Buffet plan will get traction with middle America is if the Democrats pledge (and legislative commit) that the xtra tax revenues go ONLY to pay down the debt; not fund the annual defecit budgets of the government...

But of course that isn't what Buffet or Obama are proposing; they want more money into the general treasury to fund bigger government, more entitlements, and more and more debt !!!!!!!!!!

Buffet's rant is another attempt by a Democrat to boost government spending, more government debt and a greater nanny state. Middle America has seen this dance before and won't be suckered by Buffet or Obama into raising taxes.

In addition, the government has to cut the size of government and their budgets.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:23 AM   #5
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
The only way the Buffet plan will get traction with middle America is if the Democrats pledge (and legislative commit) that the xtra tax revenues go ONLY to pay down the debt; not fund the annual defecit budgets of the government...

But of course that isn't what Buffet or Obama are proposing; they want more money into the general treasury to fund bigger government, more entitlements, and more and more debt !!!!!!!!!!

Buffet's rant is another attempt by a Democrat to boost government spending, more government debt and a greater nanny state. Middle
America has seen this dance before and won't be suckered by Buffet or
Obama into raising taxes.

In addition, the government has to cut the size of government and their budgets.
Unless Whirly falls in the upper 2% income category, put him in the category of those who regularly votes against their own self-interest!
Old 08-15-2011, 08:43 AM   #6
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Unless Whirly falls in the upper 2% income category, put him in the category of those who regularly votes against their own self-interest!
Would he be posting in this thread if he was in the 2%+ group? I doubt it.
And yes of course I do agree with the higher tax rates for the rich. And why would you have restrictions on how to use that extra money that WB would pay? You don't have those restrictions for his employees who pay more do you?
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:49 AM   #7
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Thanks Waverunner; Your post proves my point that the Buffet plan isn't about lowering the debt of our courty, but all about bigger spending and more debt !

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
And yes of course I do agree with the higher tax rates for the rich. And why would you have restrictions on how to use that extra money that WB would pay? You don't have those restrictions for his employees who pay more do you?
Old 08-15-2011, 08:57 AM   #8
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
Thanks Waverunner; Your post proves my point that the Buffet plan isn't about lowering the debt of our courty, but all about bigger spending and more debt !
It proves nothing if you READ my words, I didn't say anything about that, it only proves something about yourself.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:58 AM   #9
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
Now that you mention it, Whirly seems to be the type who would vote against his own self-interest. He prefers to take his instructions from Rush and Faux News! It is much easier for the Whirly's of the world to allow someone else to do their "thinking!"
Old 08-15-2011, 08:59 AM   #10
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Start two wars and then give a tax cut to everybody....

Quote:

The stupidity is that the Bush tax cuts are part and parcel for this deficit.

You Tea Folks can't get around that fact. It is the huge elephant in the room that you pretend not to see.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:03 AM   #11
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
The stupidity is that the Bush tax cuts are part and parcel for this deficit.

You Tea Folks can't get around that fac
They would love to go around it, but hey those are facts.
Oh and by the way, Clinton raised tax rates, created I think 23 million jobs, now where is Bush with his tax cuts? Where are HIS jobs?
Old 08-15-2011, 09:06 AM   #12
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

The stupidity is the fact that you (left wing tweekers) actually think more government, more spending, more defecits, more nanny state is the answer !

So of course you ignmore the facts on the table - Buffet wants the debt reduced and proposes more taxes...you agree with him...but the lefties don't want the tax revenue to pay for the debt !

You are a bunch of phonies; I would have more respect for your arguements if you were actually honest about them - I.E. you want to raise taxes, not to reduce the debt but to increase government size and spending ! And that is why you say you support Buffet !
Old 08-15-2011, 09:08 AM   #13
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
The stupidity is the fact that you (left wing tweekers) actually think more government, more spending, more defecits, more nanny state is the answer !
Thank you Rush for your input!
Old 08-15-2011, 09:11 AM   #14
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Spoken like a true leftie; You visualize the world in sterotypes...a sign of low IQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Thank you Rush for your input!
Old 08-15-2011, 09:37 AM   #15
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
You are a bunch of phonies; I would have more respect for your arguements if you were actually honest about them - I.E. you want to raise taxes, not to reduce the debt but to increase government size and spending ! And that is why you say you support Buffet !
Okay then you should have respect for me now because I'll be totally honest!!

I COULDN'T CARE LESS WHAT THEY DO WITH THE MONEY, BURN IT, SPEND IT ON PROVIDERS, OR USE IT HOW THEY SEE FIT.

It's just not fair that an office worker pays a higher % tax than a billionaire. (On his income, not on his wealth)

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women