Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70407
biomed160523
Yssup Rider59911
gman4452924
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47518
pyramider46370
bambino40312
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35340
Mojojo33117

Old 02-24-2016, 10:00 PM   #1
Jislander
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Default Cheaper to keep her?

Never been through a divorce before, weighing my options. Have 3 kids, wondering what percentage child support may be. We make the same so don't expect to pay anything but for kids.
Jislander is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 10:15 PM   #2
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

There are guidelines in the Texas Family Code regarding the percentage of the non-possessory parent's net income which can be tapped for child support. With three kids, it's 30%. But again, the guidelines are only suggestions. The court may deviate from the guidelines if the judge has a reason to.

The AG has a page to make a rough calculation of your child support obligation:

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/cs/calculator/

In addition to child support, the non-possessory parent is usually also required to pay the premium for the children's health insurance and one-half of medical expenses not reimbursable by insurance.
ShysterJon is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 06:38 AM   #3
ck1942
Meet & Greet Organizer

Encounters: 181

Hoping, I am, Jislander, that you and spouse have communicated your issues with each other and considered family counseling, which can often be of great benefit.

Benefit not just to the adults, but also to the three children. And, probably even to your friends in common and to the extended family and relatives.

Not saying, of course, that divorce is or is not an answer.

But y'all obviously have made a huge investment over the years, both into the pre-marital relationship, the marriage itself, the children and the rest of the extended family and multiple circle(s) of friends over the years.

Just saying that crucial life-changing decisions such as divorce should be attempted and made in a calm, rational manner, and usually with some "outside" counseling, even if that counseling is achieved only for one of the partners and not both.

Best of luck moving forward!
ck1942 is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 05:50 PM   #4
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

ShysterJon, as usual, found you the link that you need. I have a partner that does a good bit of family law and in recent years I get called in when there is heavy expert witness testimony and any jury work (plus some non-jury work). Departures from the guidelines are relatively rare unless you have a child with special needs, long standing private school attendance, or substantial non-income generating assets. I'd say 90+% of cases end up going pretty much by the guidelines. Of course, that is just child support. Notes, debts, etc. are an whole different issue.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 07:48 AM   #5
TrailBlazer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Been unhappy with the SO for years and we fight off and on. We've been together for 22 years and have two boys but I've stayed with her so kids have parents still together through college. So suck it up buttercup! That way you avoid alimony, avoid child support to 3 children, avoid the court system and a stigma that comes with a divorce and are there 100% for your kids. Re-evaluate when they are 18.
The hobby filled my needs of a sexless and companionless marriage for a long while.
I know you were asking for legal advice, thought I'd share some personal advice from someone who's been there for a long long time.
TrailBlazer is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 09:26 AM   #6
RALPHEY BOY
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailBlazer View Post
Been unhappy with the SO for years and we fight off and on. We've been together for 22 years and have two boys but I've stayed with her so kids have parents still together through college. So suck it up buttercup! That way you avoid alimony, avoid child support to 3 children, avoid the court system and a stigma that comes with a divorce and are there 100% for your kids. Re-evaluate when they are 18.
The hobby filled my needs of a sexless and companionless marriage for a long while.
I know you were asking for legal advice, thought I'd share some personal advice from someone who's been there for a long long time.
dont take this the wrong way but I lived in a home where my parents stayed together for the 'sake of the children'. WORST FUKING MISTAKE..

My life was hell growing up having to deal with them hating each other fighting all the time.. My father calling my mother a whore, my mother calling my father a low life piece of shit, the yelling, screaming door slamming.. yeah thats good parenting...

So do NOT buying to that theory.... your kids see more than you think and they may have serious relationship issues later in life.. like myself...
RALPHEY BOY is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 09:15 PM   #7
Kendall4U
Your MILF Addiction!

User ID: 126729
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by RALPHEY BOY View Post
dont take this the wrong way but I lived in a home where my parents stayed together for the 'sake of the children'. WORST FUKING MISTAKE..

My life was hell growing up having to deal with them hating each other fighting all the time.. My father calling my mother a whore, my mother calling my father a low life piece of shit, the yelling, screaming door slamming.. yeah thats good parenting...

So do NOT buying to that theory.... your kids see more than you think and they may have serious relationship issues later in life.. like myself...
I absolutely agree with you.....they notice the silence and tension just as much as they do the bickering. I think kids are better off with parents who are happy, whether it be in a marriage or single. Staying together just first the kids isn't fair. You aren't showing them what a healthy, happy, loving union is.....you are teaching them to settle. Just my opinion.
Kendall4U is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 07:23 AM   #8
canny
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 16

When my parents told my brother, my sister, and I that they were getting divorced the first thing that all 3 of us said was, "It's about time."
canny is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:00 AM   #9
joesmo888
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

the lesson here is don't have kids and get a prenup. this way if things don't work out you can part ways fairly for both parties!!
joesmo888 is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 02:04 PM   #10
doithigh
Registered Member

I can tell you going from having nothing to getting 70% of my income was like hitting the lottery. Bills got paid and can still eat. Not the case when she was around.
doithigh is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 04:46 PM   #11
Cheesecake7
Valued Poster

Encounters: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by doithigh View Post
I can tell you going from having nothing to getting 70% of my income was like hitting the lottery. Bills got paid and can still eat. Not the case when she was around.
Absolutely agree with that! Even accounting for the costs of the divorce and paying more taxes being single I am so much better off. I don't miss a bit those humongous credit card bills from the "upscale shopping malls", coupled with ever less activity in the bedroom. Now I have the best of both worlds: I fuck gorgeous Eccie-girls all the time and still have more money left than before.
Cheesecake7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 01:08 PM   #12
Jislander
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Decided to suck it up for now. Told her things need to change but going to stay for kids. Not worried about it hurting kids, we don't argue and i don't hate her, we've just grown apart and room action is nominal. Also don't have to worry about shopping bills, other than 2 Louis vutton purses, she doesn't shop much. Fine using the hobby to supplement urges, who knows maybe things will change.
Jislander is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women