Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Security Matters
Security Matters Personal security is of the utmost priority. Discussions regarding every aspect of personal security within the hobby can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 260
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160186
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452822
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47409
pyramider46370
bambino40245
CryptKicker37048
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 09-17-2015, 12:48 PM   #1
DoeDoe
Registered Member

Default AM Hack and Eccie

Hello,
I do not want to alarm anyone but I wanted to see what the thoughts were regarding security and this site. I was recently part of the AM HACK and its pretty bad. Everything was taken and put out there. I fear that the same could happen here with regards to PM’s, IP addresses, any payment information and other things.
Does anyone know how data is stored or protected? I apologize if this has been seriously discussed but I could not find much regarding the topic. I feel like site security is a huge necessity of today.
Thanks,

Doe
DoeDoe is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 05:30 PM   #2
Tumbling Dice
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 2

I have the exact same concerns and have requested that all of my data be deleted from all of their databases. I don't know if they are willing to do it but that is what I have requested. I have no desire to ever be embarrassed the way the AM guys have been.
Tumbling Dice is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 06:15 PM   #3
jframe2
Valued Poster

Sigh.........OK let me take a deep breath before I reply.

Don't you know about creating a false persona in this world. Never, ever, ever use your RL info.

I have done it for years and have never gotten rejected by any site; pay or free!

Use your noggin' to figure out how to work around any site that wants you to register. pre-paid cards, smart phones, dummy email accounts, dumb phones.

I know I'm harsh and the first to admit it, but .....
WOW Just WOW!
jframe2 is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 07:06 PM   #4
Guest021417
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jframe2 View Post
Sigh.........OK let me take a deep breath before I reply.

WOW Just WOW!
+1 to jframe2, I agree with all he said.

DoeDoe - never use RL (real life) information on this site. Get a hobby phone, a hobby e-mail, vanilla prepaid VISA/MC/AMEX. I have also taken the steps to have his and her laptops so she is never on mine.

I also have CCleaner set to run at startup, open all browsers in private viewing and also purchased a VPN (privateinternetaccess.com) so even my router and internet provider can't see what I am doing.

If there is anything else I can be doing to protect my anonymity I don't know what it is or else I would be doing it.

The only thing I need to do is upgrade my hobby phone. Right now I just have a cheap Tracphone that stays either in my desk at work or in my spare tire compartment if I am not using it. However, it is a cheap flip phone and I have forgotten to turn it off on occassion. I need one that has a screen lock so if I forgot to power down, at least the screen will be locked.
Guest021417 is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 08:20 PM   #5
DoeDoe
Registered Member

While I had taken some precautions..... They have found all kind of loops and ways to dox people, although often linked to credit card purchases. I think just a few security reassurances would be good. Thanks everyone for the tips. I followed all of those. My slip was a little different.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:00 AM   #6
SBbanker4u
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Who on this web site would I contact to have all of my personal information deleted? A mod, a super mod? Please help. Thanks
SBbanker4u is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 11:08 AM   #7
dynamitekid
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

Quote:
WOW Just WOW!
My thoughts exactly
dynamitekid is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 01:14 PM   #8
FrontRunner
Valued Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBbanker4u View Post
Who on this web site would I contact to have all of my personal information deleted? A mod, a super mod? Please help. Thanks
You can contact the staff my clicking on the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page and typing in your request or question.

On the other hand, there shouldn't be much personal info to delete. If you used an identifiable e-mail address, you can create a new, anonymous one and then change it in your profile. What other personal info would you be concerned about?
FrontRunner is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 02:53 PM   #9
newalhobbyist
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot4u2.0 View Post

DoeDoe - never use RL (real life) information on this site. Get a hobby phone, a hobby e-mail, vanilla prepaid VISA/MC/AMEX. I have also taken the steps to have his and her laptops so she is never on mine.

I also have CCleaner set to run at startup, open all browsers in private viewing and also purchased a VPN (privateinternetaccess.com) so even my router and internet provider can't see what I am doing.

If there is anything else I can be doing to protect my anonymity I don't know what it is or else I would be doing it.

The only thing I need to do is upgrade my hobby phone. Right now I just have a cheap Tracphone that stays either in my desk at work or in my spare tire compartment if I am not using it. However, it is a cheap flip phone and I have forgotten to turn it off on occassion. I need one that has a screen lock so if I forgot to power down, at least the screen will be locked.
I would suggest using TOR instead of a VPN. Its free and at highest settings it is good at stopping scripts etc from grabbing info. Also VPNs as a rule can leak your MAC (Media Access Control) address which generally is a unique identifier that can be traced (with difficulty) to the machine.
newalhobbyist is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 03:32 PM   #10
Titanium
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot4u2.0 View Post

EVERYTHING this guy said

I know some guys are techie and really don't consider online anonymity, when they sign up

never post real life pics of yourself that can positively identify you, always blur face and other distinguishing marks like tattoos (Picasa can be used to do crude blurs)

don't create a hobby e-mail address like firstname.lastname@mail.com

or anything close to your know aliases e.g. if you are known as big-bobby, create an online handle without bobby like 'mac-daddy'
Titanium is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 11:47 AM   #11
DoeDoe
Registered Member

I was worried about a pm I sent with some screening info. This was about 2-3 years ago.

I didn't mean to make anyone flustered but the way this whole AM thing went down and how the company was just like..... Meh oh well.... Was really screwed up.

I know people don't often think of these things until it's way too late.....
Old 09-19-2015, 01:00 PM   #12
jframe2
Valued Poster

Ok ..... more thoughts..... AM either purposely or by chance has a built in "Plausible Deniability" built into their sign in process.

Specifically, AM do not have a "Confirm your Registration" email sent to the email you provide. So anyone on AM can deny, deny, deny...... many instances of this are out on the news sites. Not sure of the process for this site as its been a few years since I registered.

But still, sites do not care if you provide RL info or not; if you are wanting Premium, you pay..... that's all they care about.

As for deleting personal information...... if one is still on the site after making this request, you must not be that worried. If you're worried stop going to the site!

HERE's the Scoop on the AM Hack- approx 6 months ago, certain persons confirmed that the site was one giant HOAX, fem-bots; lying about the stats of females registered, etc, etc, etc. AM was confronted and warned that this bothered some people as being wrong, unfair business practice, taking advantage of people.... all in the name of $.

AM was told to clean up it's act or there would be consequences...... the owner just kept taking $; probably felt he was to far down the rabbit-hole of deceit to ever recover.... so he just did nothing.

And the results are now history.....
jframe2 is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 01:16 PM   #13
FrontRunner
Valued Lurker

Quote:
Specifically, AM do not have a "Confirm your Registration" email sent to the email you provide. So anyone on AM can deny, deny, deny...... many instances of this are out on the news sites. Not sure of the process for this site as its been a few years since I registered.
Eccie currently does send you an "activation required" e-mail when you sign up, and it has a link you have to follow to finish creating the account.

Still, I assume that someone who regrets the e-mail address they used to sign up can simply create a new one and link it instead.
Old 09-19-2015, 01:33 PM   #14
FrontRunner
Valued Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoeDoe View Post
I was worried about a pm I sent with some screening info. This was about 2-3 years ago.
Now that's a different story, and a valid concern (I was thinking more about user profile info). Don't know if that can be undone. Wouldn't hurt to ask the staff to see what your options are.
Old 09-19-2015, 03:50 PM   #15
DoeDoe
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontRunner View Post
Now that's a different story, and a valid concern (I was thinking more about user profile info). Don't know if that can be undone. Wouldn't hurt to ask the staff to see what your options are.
Thank you for your suggestion, I will follow up with an administrator. You would not believe the stress that AM hack has caused..... Maybe a sticky should be made with tips on staying ANON on the web.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women