Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Security Matters
Security Matters Personal security is of the utmost priority. Discussions regarding every aspect of personal security within the hobby can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70359
biomed160169
Yssup Rider59818
gman4452817
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47402
pyramider46370
bambino40244
CryptKicker37046
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 07-20-2015, 01:38 PM   #1
sjdude
Lifetime Premium Access

Cool AM hacking.. Victims thread...

hi

I hope no one here is a AM hacking victim, but may be some are...
any comments feel free to vent out here, so we all can learn...

Also do we know where they posted the hacks ?
may be our spouses are listed there

SJ
sjdude is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 01:50 PM   #2
sjdude
Lifetime Premium Access

++cashtransactions..
++vanillavisa
++google-maps
++local county property records...

I hope I have not been exposed...
Old 07-20-2015, 01:50 PM   #3
sjdude
Lifetime Premium Access

++cashtransactions..
++vanillavisa
++google-maps
++local county property records...

I hope I have not been exposed...
Old 07-20-2015, 04:23 PM   #4
bourdain21
Valued Poster

From the article I read, Ashley Madison hired a top security firm to fix it and investigate. Along with that they were shutting down instances where the information was publicly posted. I'm sure some savy computer types will get a hold of the lists, but if you aren't anyone of prominence then it sounds like it won't be made very public to the point where a spouse or your run of the mill individual can search and see who had an account there.
bourdain21 is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 03:32 AM   #5
spear88
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Is anything new being put into place on this site to guard against hackers ?
spear88 is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 04:39 AM   #6
ck1942
Meet & Greet Organizer

Encounters: 181

Not a bad idea, imho, to self "Google" search periodically all of your vital hobby and personal life data that might ever come back to haunt you.

Possibility that some of the AM stuff may show up that way.

Just remember, unfortunately, that Google archives any and all of your searches (and consequently the search results!) and uses that data from time to time to present you with ads (and hopefully nothing more than that!).
ck1942 is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:32 AM   #7
Swinglife
Registered Member

Encounters: 4

I think Bourdain has it right. I'm a member on AM, off and on for 4 years with the same username there. I've tried to find myself many times, today included, I never come up with anything. I'm sure there is a way, but it's not a simple search across any engine. Same thing with AFF a while back. I never found my information anywhere.
Swinglife is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:42 AM   #8
sjdude
Lifetime Premium Access

I think people here take good care of themselves, and their privacy, so its not a big issue here... however I would really appreciate if eccie send all the access logs and payment to the bit bucket every so often... and also may be keep them on a encrypted fs...

It would be great if eccie could let us know what steps they are taking to avoid hacking... part of the problem is the cloud.. if suff is hosted by the cloud, it could be possible to hack the cloud and get access to the systems indirectly...

SJ
Old 07-21-2015, 11:42 AM   #9
sjdude
Lifetime Premium Access

I think people here take good care of themselves, and their privacy, so its not a big issue here... however I would really appreciate if eccie send all the access logs and payment to the bit bucket every so often... and also may be keep them on a encrypted fs...

It would be great if eccie could let us know what steps they are taking to avoid hacking... part of the problem is the cloud.. if suff is hosted by the cloud, it could be possible to hack the cloud and get access to the systems indirectly...

SJ
Old 07-23-2015, 08:46 PM   #10
mohegan1310
Registered Member

Encounters: 1

ECCIE should allow users to delete previous reviews and posts and if you delete your account all your posts and reviews should be deleted.
mohegan1310 is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 10:20 PM   #11
mike0919
Gaining Momentum

I raised the question about credit card info related to purchase of premium membership on my local board and was assured no info is stored on eccie - only on ccbill which is a separate entity which processes all kinds of transactions. Still , I agree that eccie should disclose much more about it privacy efforts and afford members the right to fully delete anything they want to - especially paying members.
mike0919 is offline   Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 05:37 AM   #12
ck1942
Meet & Greet Organizer

Geeesh!

If anyone really thinks ANY website can be perfectly secure ....

... take a look at the federal hack jobs... and the "dark web sites" that have been penetrated by the LEs.

About all anyone can accomplish in self-security is to beware putting much if any personal info out there and be prepared to deal with any consequences.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:24 AM   #13
jframe2
Valued Poster

Not sure of what personal data was stolen from AM (looked at them years ago, but did not like their TOS and setup), but the personal data that is worth gold is accurate name, DOB, SS#, sex and as close to an accurate address as possible. CC #'s are less valuable because they are only good for a limited length of time; that is from the time of theft until the holder is notified and the card # is shut off. The AM data went straight to the Dark Web and will either be ransomed or sold to overseas criminals. A small step is to pull your credit report and then add something as the Owner to the report saying something along the lines of "on xyz date a company contacted me that their database had been breached and that my personal information may have been stolen." At least you have established a date/time and can use it to refute anything after that. Good luck to all who are exposed for the AM breach!
jframe2 is offline   Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:05 PM   #14
Roothead
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Interesting article in the Sat 7/25 Washington post about cyber PI Firms ramping up as demand for their investigative services, from both men and women who were on AM or believe their SO may be.. According the article, to-date no AM data has appeared on the "dark web"...but the consensus is that various samples will soon post, as teasers for the sale of the entire data set
Roothead is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 06:43 AM   #15
ck1942
Meet & Greet Organizer

hmmmm ... the thought occurs that maybe AM was not hacked, but that either do-gooders or vigilantes are spreading the word about the hack in order to sow FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) within the cheater communities?

Or, for that matter, could AM be doing the "spread" itself?

No way in hell AM could afford to BUY the widespread publicity even if it appears to be negative.

Look at the Donald Trump jump in the polls even though many people totally disagree or don't support him!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women