Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Security Matters
Security Matters Personal security is of the utmost priority. Discussions regarding every aspect of personal security within the hobby can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160272
Yssup Rider59841
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47421
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35137
Mojojo33117

Old 03-11-2015, 11:58 AM   #1
Whispers
Hope I haven't bored you!

Encounters: 22
Default Facebook - Something New in their Invasion of our Privacy?

Has Facebook started something new in their never ending quest to invade our privacy?

I have a personal account locked down to a handful of friends and family that I almost never use.

I do not have the facebook app on my phone.

I have one facebook account I use, via a browser not an app, that is hobby related.

I have another that has ZERO friends, ZERO pictures I use it for researching ladies I may be interested in. and messaging an old girlfriend for the last 8 years.

It follows no one and gets no feeds....

In the week the "suggested friends" section of that account with NO friends that presents you with people you might want to send a friend request to and pretty much suggests you to them, has presented me with the pictures and accounts of 3 strippers, 2 hookers and 2 people I know professionally.

I browse from a computer with no contact database on it.

This is way too much to be coincidental. For almost 8 years I have never logged into this account to see anyone suggested to me as a friend that I might know.
Anyone have any idea how this connection might have been made?

All I can think of is they are checking cookies and seeing the other accounts and have started mining the contacts from the other accounts.
Whispers is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 01:19 PM   #2
5T3V3
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9
Default Phone numbers

they are matching phone numbers and emails
5T3V3 is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 05:41 PM   #3
DFW_Ladies_Man
Premium Access

Encounters: 313

yeah its probably taking data from your cookies and seeing what you have been searching or browsing; then making recommendations for you. I was searching for bedroom sets the other day and then logged on to FB and guess what ads popped up? Bedroom sets, linen, various stores that specialize in furniture. Anytime I start seeing that I ctrl+shift+delete and clear all data. A good program to run that's free is call CCCleaner. I run it once a week to remove all kinds of shit stuck in my CPU.
DFW_Ladies_Man is online now   Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 06:21 PM   #4
hotangel4u
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 45926
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

whats a CCCleaner on a comptuer
hotangel4u is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 06:45 PM   #5
Tetas
Perineum Access

Encounters: 8

Yep, it's cookies.
Google has really been rolling it out lately too.
If you search for something then go somewhere else, all your ads on that page are related to your last search.

Check one email, facebook, etc at a time then close the browser...if you've got it set to private it should clear all the past shit out before you go to the next one.
Tetas is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 08:46 PM   #6
Guest021417
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

I have CCleaner set to run every morning on start up. No worries about if I cleaned out the cache or not. I just know that my previous day's browsing is erased.
Guest021417 is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:55 PM   #7
Jannisary
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

Are the strippers and providers who were suggested as friends people that you had looked up on FB through this account? I've noticed on my account that it is now suggesting I be friends with people that I looked up.
Jannisary is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 02:04 AM   #8
rryanhart
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 5

Private Browsing mode in FireFox or Safari (chrome caches too much stuff). Tor whenever possible. ccleaner can be downloaded here https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download
rryanhart is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 12:17 AM   #9
Whispers
Hope I haven't bored you!

Encounters: 22

I spoke to someone today at Facebook. Turned out I knew someone that was over there.

She confirmed that Facebook was had rolled out a test of some new stuff where they are assuming that peopel that log into different Facebook accounts from the same IPs should probably be Friends.... The account this is happening on seems to have won the lottery and seems to be a part of the testings.....

Which seems to me asinine to assume considering people that use a wide variety of public places to login..... Unless maybe I'm at Starbucks and some hot chick there is at Starbucks and their software determines from cookies that she might be a hooker and I'm looking at hooker ads.... THAT might actually be a feature worth having.....

or if you are both in the same hotel... damn convenient hookup!...

I think it's time for my personal life to exit Facebook once and for all.....
Whispers is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 11:39 PM   #10
ValenTX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

As I understand, at least at one time, the entire time you are logged in to facebook and even after you log out facebook is tracking everything possible about you, storing periodic location and whatever other information from phone/computer they can,
ValenTX is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 07:02 AM   #11
jafun
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Use Firefox-Set to delete the history/data upon exit. Also, clear before visiting another window.

Google is the true "El Chapo". Google, FB, Linked-in all fall into the same category and share info..
jafun is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 06:01 AM   #12
Inversion
Valued Poster

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5T3V3 View Post
they are matching phone numbers and emails
That = it's mainly search phrases and cookies though.
Also, if you go into task manager you will often see a process called "Facebook Installer.exe - they will 'claim' it's for the video-call-in-plugin but it is also a fancy way for law enforcement to backdoor into your computer.
Always use CC Cleaner, clear out the flash cookies and browse on an encrypted connection..

All facebook msgs can be subpoena'd so you really have to be careful what you say on there..plus it's easy as heck for forge/edit the msg template and this makes room for feminazi manipulators to fuck with ya...of course, if you're smart enough you'd prepare a valuable counter-argument which includes the flaws of the facebook system.
Inversion is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 06:01 AM   #13
Inversion
Valued Poster

Facebook is used by both the FBI / CIA though.
Inversion is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 11:43 AM   #14
Guest021417
Account Disabled

I looked at various VPN software over the past 3 - 4 weeks before settling on www.privateinternetaccess. (A mod on here said he uses IPVanish and it was a close race between the two.) I have been using PIA for about 5 days now and haven't seen any issues.

I paid for 1 year with a vanilla credit card. I also have ccleaner set to run on startup and Firefox is set to always browse in private. One person suggested using two different browsers; one for "legit" browsing and another for my Eccie trips. I am just using Firefox and I think with PIA I should be okay.

Any other security suggestions? One other note: When my premium access ran out I got impatient and paid for lifetime access with a RL credit card. I had a long talk with a mod in chat and he assured me that there are two totally different servers for payment and Eccie so I don't have to worry about a hack like Ashley Madison.
Guest021417 is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 05:45 AM   #15
bigcockpussylicker
BANNED

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotangel4u View Post
whats a CCCleaner on a comptuer
http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/deta..._standard.html

easy program you have that deletes the junk and makes your computer run faster, that's why it was made
it also deletes things that tell other sites where you've been...like if you were looking at blue hate or wanting to fly to south america, no cookies get you a better deal, like;ly
bigcockpussylicker is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women