Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > The Sandbox - San Antonio
The Sandbox - San Antonio The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70384
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452866
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47432
pyramider46370
bambino40285
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 02-23-2018, 03:19 PM   #76
Weissach
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

DONT LISTEN TO ESPN's STEPHEN A or the other f--ktard..!!!!! From what I have heard ( I guess I should take my own advise . LOL) it could be Kawhi's uncle (?) that is trying to run the show.. if so Kawhi could lose out on being the best of NOT close to the best player in the NBA. Who ever is giving him advise they had BETTER have his BEST professional NBA interests in mind!!!
Old 02-23-2018, 04:59 PM   #77
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Encounters: 52

Good news is...no rift between Kawhi and the team. Can put those rumors to rest...

https://clutchpoints.com/spurs-news-...phew-and-team/

As for this season...Spurs from my understanding will compete. Gay is coming back and guys will play their hardest. Spurs have always drafted well and never really needed a super lotto pick. Except Tim Duncan. That was sheer luck as they had the lowest odds of getting number 1 that year. But we trade smart and draft well. I expect the Spurs will play hard come playoff time and lose to either GS or Houston, whoever we play first.
Old 02-25-2018, 04:22 PM   #78
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Big win at Cleveland today! Spurs defense coming up huge as we make our way home after the road trip. Hopefully can string together a few more.
Old 02-25-2018, 05:43 PM   #79
SpursFan
Long time hobbyist

Encounters: 200

Solid team game today.

SF
Old 02-25-2018, 07:34 PM   #80
hittinit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothness View Post
Lots of speculation that we've seen the last of Kawhi in a Spurs uniform..........Thoughts?
Great question bro. I think one of the problems with the Spurs brass is they keep things so close to the vest that naturally the local and national media have to SPECULATE about EVERYTHING whenever ANYTHING comes up. And that's why pop is rude and short whenever he gets any type of question asked.

Does anyone recall that one games years ago...Malik Rose broke down on an offensive play I think it was and pulled his jersey over his head or something and the other team scored a very easy basket? Pop pulled him and I think he was traded that summer.

I know the spurs are considered a "model" franchise in pro sports but to me that was just ridiculous so it appears the media goes to practices just to get entertained by pop cause he really won't give any answers.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:07 PM   #81
FootLong
Valued Poster

Encounters: 83

Report says Kawhi back in March! Woohoo!
Old 02-26-2018, 07:01 PM   #82
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Saw that FL. Most excellent news!
Old 02-27-2018, 10:44 AM   #83
JohnnyYanks
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Grey View Post
... Spurs have always drafted well and never really needed a super lotto pick. Except Tim Duncan ...
Don't forget the Admiral.

As for Spurs always draft well: they really don't. Nobody from the 2102, 2103 & 2015 drafts has even contributed a single minute.

Manu in 1998 was an inspired selection, as was TP@ 26 in 2001. The other drafts have been spotty, at best.

They have coached exceptionally well & filled their roster with useful parts. Trading George Hill for K Leonard was genius.

But drafting has not been a strength.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:01 PM   #84
hittinit
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootLong View Post
Report says Kawhi back in March! Woohoo!
I dunno. This article states "late march" so I doubt the spurs would risk it: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-antonio-spurs

Lebron + Lenoard, 2019? http://thebiglead.com/2018/02/26/kaw...s-lebron-cavs/
Old 02-27-2018, 04:11 PM   #85
FootLong
Valued Poster

Encounters: 83

Would love to see Lebron + Leonard.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:45 PM   #86
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyYanks View Post
Don't forget the Admiral.

As for Spurs always draft well: they really don't. Nobody from the 2102, 2103 & 2015 drafts has even contributed a single minute.

Manu in 1998 was an inspired selection, as was TP@ 26 in 2001. The other drafts have been spotty, at best.

They have coached exceptionally well & filled their roster with useful parts. Trading George Hill for K Leonard was genius.

But drafting has not been a strength.
Let's see. So we nail the big ones with David, Tim, Tony and Manu. Good enough draft picks to lead over a decade or two or excellence.

Kawhi was a draft day trade. We wanted that pick, so consider it a draft selection as that was the Spurs man there.

Murray is turning out to be a great draft selection. Can defend, steal, rebound and soon enough, fill the bucket with points. Parker wasn't great his first year or two scoring. Murray likely be better and more athletic. Excellent selection.

Forbes and Bertans this year are turning out to be great products also. I look forward to their role contributions.

Kyle Anderson 2014 had turned out to be a great asset in filling in minutes this year. Not the best offensively, but will tear you up defensively. He's doing well this year and better than most expected.

Anyone remember Corey Joseph? UT standout who helped us win a ring in 2014. He was amazing in playing back up to Tony and often started when Parker was hurt. Still wish we had him to be honest. He's turned out to be huge in Toronto.

Then from there you have Dejuan Blair, Splitter, George Hill. 3 key role guys for us from 2009 up until 2012 or so. Splitter won a ring with us in 2014. Blair fell off due to partying too much but was good when he played hard, and Hill, well we all know there.

We did draft Goran Dragic in 2008. Too early for a Parker replacement and other teams throwing cash at him. Would of been amazing to still have him here over any of the point guards we had. Awesome talent he's become.

Jonathan Simmons was undrafted but came up through our G League system, almost a draft guy as many of our picks play with the Austin Spurs. Lime our guys Nick White and a few others we drafted recently.

Sean Elliott and Willie Anderson were products of the draft also. Two San Antonio classics in the 90s and Sean winning a trophy in 1999. Had not been for his kidney situation, Sean may of been around for 03 and 05.

There's other role guys who played a part and decent talents. Luis Scola didn't play here but turned out great for Houston and others. Cory Anderson and Beno Udrih played important back op minutes to Avery and Tony.

I would say we draft pretty well and utilize the world market of other countries better than any team out there. Baynes, Mills, Bellineli Diaw, Gasol. All foreign players. There's more but those probably best I can mention. Even if it's just signing them. Draft had been good to the Spurs over the years along with role player signings from all avenues.

Now, Murray and Kawhi may be the latest products of draft that start a new big 3 with Aldridge. Or if not Aldridge, perhaps a big man pick.

But seriously though, I don't know many teams that had their drafted stars play their whole careers where they were drafted other than Golden State right now with Thompson, Green and Curry. And it's to be determined if Thompson is able to stay due to luxury taxes kicking into record tax amounts after this season and double that the following year. Every other team that wins a ring seems to build from trades and free agency after players develop or become all stars. Such as Miami, Lakers from the past (Kobe being a draft day trade), and many others. But if Golden State is able to keep those 3 guys, would be the first since Duncan, Tony and Manu. Hmm. Funny, even Kerr a product of Jackson and Pop is there. Go figure.

If not a pick, a LeBron signing. I can seriously see him playing here with our guys and most importantly Pop. LeBron wouldn't have to coach any more, just play. Or dribble. Too soon? Lol
Old 02-28-2018, 02:20 PM   #87
hittinit
Valued Poster

Got tix for tonite so let's see what line-up pop goes with to try and screw it up.

ALDRIDGE VS DAVIS

Should be pretty good.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:04 PM   #88
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Can't buy a win these days. Aldridge goes down. Pau not healthy to play. Despite a great game from Manu and Gay, couldn't close it out from a hot Pelicans team.

Made consistent mistakes all throughout the game, but the final seconds and getting two missed free throws from Holliday should of been it for us to get a go ahead bucket instead of a desperation three. It's not looking good at all.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:08 PM   #89
hittinit
Valued Poster

I tell you...pop may not be a good coach but he can cover his ass. WTF are you starting bertans? AND THEN he gets himself the "boot" just to cover that scrawny old grey-haired ass.

PATHETIC.
Old 03-10-2018, 08:49 AM   #90
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Huge game tonight against OKC. Can we stay in playoff contention? Or will we fall down the line?
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women