Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70399
biomed160419
Yssup Rider59881
gman4452901
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47485
pyramider46370
bambino40299
CryptKicker37074
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35264
Mojojo33117

Old 08-06-2009, 01:31 PM   #1
SummerBella

Default Virus Alert - Better Safe than Sorry - Computers

Subject: Fw: Huge Virus Coming!!
HUGE VIRUS COMING ! PLEASE READ & FORWARD !

______________________________ ______________________________ ____
I checked with Norton Anti-Virus, and they are gearing up for this virus! I checked Snopes, and it is for real. Get this E-mail message sent around to your contacts ASAP.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS!
You should be alert during the next few days. Do not open any message with an attachment entitled 'POSTCARD FROM HALLMARK,' regardless of who sent it to you. It is a virus which opens A POSTCARD IMAGE, which 'burns' the whole hard disc C of your computer.

This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail address in his/her contact list. This is the reason why you need to send this e-mail to all your contacts. It is better to receive this message 25 times than to receive the virus and open it.

If you receive a mail called' POSTCARD,' even though sent to you by a friend, do not open it! Shut down your computer immediately. This is the worst virus announced by CNN.

It has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever. This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there is no repair yet for this kind of virus. This virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:35 PM   #2
guest123009
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/postcard.asp
guest123009 is offline   Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:16 AM   #3
travelling_man
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
My ECCIE Reviews

From the snopes site that FMH linked:

Although the Postcard virus is real, it isn't a "BIG VIRUS COMING" (it's already been around in multiple forms for a long time now), it will not "burn the whole hard disc" of your computer, CNN didn't classify it as the "worst virus" ever, and it doesn't arrive in messages bearing a subject line of 'Invitation.'

So thanks for the "warning" (I guess) about something that has been out for 3 years or more. But you actually didn't check snopes.com - you copied and pasted an email that you got. If you had actually check you would have found the same page FMH linked.
travelling_man is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:11 PM   #4
SummerBella

well thanks for stating the obvious - i didn't type one word nor did I actually look at any of the sites.......a friend sent it to me at work(that works in the media industry so I didn't question it unfortantely)....i put it up several places..and while some people said thanks others had to let me know how stupid I was....your right i just copied and pasted it in the places i thought it might help if others wanted to go look etc...etc..etc...

Honestly, I'd rather blindly trust a friend and be wrong then not warn others if it was real. I'll probably do the same next time and say "BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY" meaning go check it out if you want too if someone I trust sends me something similar.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:59 PM   #5
guest123009
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Best to check snopes first to avoid propagating misinformation.
guest123009 is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:45 AM   #6
Ezmerelda
Account Disabled

User ID: 2664
My ECCIE Reviews

yummy. Was I the only person to notice the Ad on snopes is astroglide??
Ezmerelda is offline   Quote