Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70404
biomed160475
Yssup Rider59901
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47509
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35317
Mojojo33117

Old 05-03-2021, 01:22 PM   #31
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Well, I believe he's unignorant, spineful and incorruptible.
Yeah, he’s a real paragon of virtue:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...al-183291/amp/
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 02:09 PM   #32
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
Yeah, he’s a real paragon of virtue:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...al-183291/amp/
That's what happens when you have a tax system that rewards debt and punishes equity: opportunities for private equity, like Romney's employer.

Say you get a group of people together and they each put money into starting a new corporation or buying out an existing one. The corporation starts making money. Let's say $1 million a year net income before tax. Back when Romney was in private equity, the average tax rate, federal + state, on corporate profits was 40%. So $400,000 of the $1 million goes into the coffers of government.

The corporation has $600,000 left over after it pays its tax. Now the typical U.S. corporation will reinvest around 2/3rds of this in the the business. Companies funded by venture capital will reinvest 100%. But private equity firms, like Romney's, often concentrate on mature businesses with poor prospects for growth, so they pay out hefty dividends, that their shareholders mostly recycle into other investments.

Anyway, say the entire $600,000 is paid out in dividends. Back in Romney's days, the tax rate, federal plus state, on dividends was around 45%. So the federal government ends up with another $270,000 in its pocket. Add it all up, and of the $1 million income, the government has pocketed $670,000, or 67%.

Now, say instead of putting up the money to borrow the corporation, the owners instead borrow the money. Instead of paying taxes to the government, they pay interest to the bank, which is tax deductible. For every dollar in earnings used to pay interest, the corporation gets a $0.40 tax deduction. They don't pocket dividends, but when they go to sell the business, assuming it hasn't gone bankrupt, they'll make money.

So was this good for American business? I'd argue, NO. Companies got overleveraged and went out of business, because of the way the tax code worked. People working for businesses that would have survived without debt lost their jobs.

Our most recent Republican president, about whom I've resolved not to post for a while, argued that his contributions to politicians and his payments to lobbyists, far from making him a creature of the swamp, made him an ideal candidate to clean up the swamp. You could argue the same about Romney. He was just doing his job in accordance with the rules of the game, a game he played very well. And a game whose rules badly needed changing.

I'll point out that the Bush tax cuts and the Ryan/Unnamed Former President tax cuts to a large degree fixed the fucked up system we had, by lowering the federal tax on dividends initially to 15% and by lowering the federal corporate tax rate to 21%. I'll also point out that Biden and the Progressive Democrats want to undo this, and go right back to the lunatic system that existed when Romney was in private equity.
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 02:11 PM   #33
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
That's what happens when you have a tax system that rewards debt and punishes equity: opportunities for private equity, like Romney's employer.

Say you get a group of people together and they each put money into starting a new corporation or buying out an existing one. The corporation starts making money. Let's say $1 million a year net income before tax. Back when Romney was in private equity, the average tax rate, federal + state, on corporate profits was 40%. So $400,000 of the $1 million goes into the coffers of government.

The corporation has $600,000 left over after it pays its tax. Now the typical U.S. corporation will reinvest around 2/3rds of this in the the business. Companies funded by venture capital will reinvest 100%. But private equity firms, like Romney's, often concentrate on mature businesses with poor prospects for growth, so they pay out hefty dividends, that their shareholders mostly recycle into other investments.

Anyway, say the entire $600,000 is paid out in dividends. Back in Romney's days, the tax rate, federal plus state, on dividends was around 45%. So the federal government ends up with another $270,000 in its pocket. Add it all up, and of the $1 million income, the government has pocketed $670,000, or 67%.

Now, say instead of putting up the money to borrow the corporation, the owners instead borrow the money. Instead of paying taxes to the government, they pay interest to the bank, which is tax deductible. For every dollar in earnings used to pay interest, the corporation gets a $0.40 tax deduction. They don't pocket dividends, but when they go to sell the business, assuming it hasn't gone bankrupt, they'll make money.

So was this good for American business? I'd argue, NO. Companies got overleveraged and went out of business, because of the way the tax code worked.

Our most recent Republican president, about whom I've resolved not to post for a while, argued that his contributions to politicians and his payments to lobbyists, far from making him a creature of the swamp, made him an ideal candidate to clean up the swamp. You could argue the same about Romney. He was just doing his job in accordance with the rules of the game, a game he played very well. And a game whose rules badly needed changing.

I'll point out that the Bush tax cuts and the Ryan/Unnamed Former President tax cuts to a large degree fixed the fucked up system we had, by lowering the federal tax on dividends initially to 15% and by lowering the federal corporate tax rate to 21%. I'll also point out that Biden and the Progressive Democrats want to undo this, and go right back to the lunatic system that existed when Romney was in private equity.
What type of human being does this to a dog???????

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...xCS_story.html

Fuck Romney
Old 05-03-2021, 02:12 PM   #34
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:

So was this good for American business? I'd argue, NO. Companies got overleveraged and went out of business, because of the way the tax code worked.

What type of human being does that to a dog?

Fuck Romney
Old 05-03-2021, 02:14 PM   #35
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
What type of human being does this to a dog???????
Fuck Romney
His dog? You're grasping at straws now.
Old 05-03-2021, 02:17 PM   #36
bambino
Valued Poster

MAY 3, 2021
PALM BEACH, FL

Statement by Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States of America.

So nice to see RINO Mitt Romney booed off the stage at the Utah Republican State Convention. They are among the earliest to have figured this guy out, a stone cold loser!

###
Old 05-03-2021, 02:18 PM   #37
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
His dog? You're grasping at straws now.
Did you read the story? It was his fucking dog. Was the WAPO grasping straws?
Old 05-03-2021, 02:30 PM   #38
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Did you read the story? It was his fucking dog. Was the WAPO grasping straws?
Yeah, another WAPO hit piece on a Republican. It sounds like his dog pissed on his car. As someone who spent a lot of time on a farm when I was growing up, this sounds like something that should be coming from some big city wacko animal rights activist, not you. Please provide sources other than the Rolling Stone and the Washington Post when bashing Republicans.
Old 05-03-2021, 02:36 PM   #39
reddog1951
Premium Access

Encounters: 3

Maybe should be a new thread, but what is needed is some NEW BLOOD from BOTH PARTIES. As stated, I'm independent...we have Biden for 4 years; get used to it and get over it. But think about the future and what is good for the country collectively...not necessarily YOU.

Personally, Harris, NO; Hawley, NO. Who is the shining star that can bring the country back to USA, not US...I don't know. But whenever he/she/ or it emerges, if fully in support. This partisan bullshit without thought beyond dogma is killing the USA for all of US.
reddog1951 is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 02:39 PM   #40
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Yeah, another WAPO hit piece on a Republican. It sounds like his dog pissed on his car. As someone who spent a lot of time on a farm when I was growing up, this sounds like something that should be coming from some big city wacko animal rights activist, not you.
I could post other links, but I’m not going to waste my time. He put the dog into a container, strapped it on the roof and drove twelve hours. It’s true.

I guess you’ll deny Romney’s own words:

https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-xp...html?_amp=true
Old 05-03-2021, 02:44 PM   #41
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog1951 View Post
Who is the shining star that can bring the country back to USA, not US...I don't know. But whenever he/she/ or it emerges, if fully in support.
Somebody like Tim Scott or Paul Ryan would be good in my book. And a Joe Manchin or Mark Warner would be head and shoulders above the 2020 Democratic presidential primary candidates IMHO. But you have to appeal to the extremes in your party to get the nomination.
Old 05-03-2021, 03:03 PM   #42
reddog1951
Premium Access

Encounters: 3

"But you have to appeal to the extremes in your party to get the nomination."

No intent to fight or get in your face here, but that's the problem now in a nutshell. Metaphorically, we all have to eat. I WILL NOT try to prove it (exercise in futility and metaphorical) but there should be enough to go around. Why can't either side wake (not woke) up and foster a platform that is good for USA as opposed to US?
reddog1951 is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 08:28 PM   #43
matchingmole
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

Quote:
What type of human being does that to a dog?

Fuck Romney

i
matchingmole is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 04:34 PM   #44
bambino
Valued Poster

https://rumble.com/vgi1z5-mitt-romne...my-father.html

Romney’s done. He’ll never win another election. But he only ran for the Senate to fuck with Trump. He failed there too.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women