Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70385
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40287
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 03-06-2010, 11:25 PM   #1
Lovely Victoria
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 12025
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Happily married, an oxymoron?

First a warning - this is my first PWI and please excuse all typos and use of grammars.

I was chatting up with a married guy tonight at a lounge and the topic of marriage came up. I called him on his suave move of removing the ring from his left hand and placing it on his right hand, casually, before he strutted over and asked him whether he was "happily married." And he answered, for men there is no such thing as happily married; "happily married" for men is an oxymoron. Men are married. Period. He likes being married, but loved being single. To get married was an ego thing, to spread his genes, if you will. I've not been married, so I can't really related, but is there any truth to what he was saying?
Lovely Victoria is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:56 PM   #2
Guest053011
Account Disabled

User ID: 4424

Welcome to the PWI club! Cheers!

Those words may very well be a reflection of his experience and life. However, when it comes to the broader experience, I think it is oversimplified and jaded.

I have known those that were happily married. I have met those that sought a partner out of the desire to be loved and understood, who believed in intimacy and passion.

Men are not some base species ruled by instinct.... at least not all of them. There are good men out there, faithful and unfaithful, who don't use the excuse of biology to explain their lives.
Guest053011 is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:57 PM   #3
guest041110
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

PWI can be very…. Hazardous!

In regards to your question Victoria, it is a matter of perception, at least I think so. There was a time that I was very happily married and I would be open to that again. However, I think your question is going to see a variety of answers with most being that what the guy you were chatting with told you is accurate. I know I have heard a slew of jokes about why marriage is bad for a man and good for a woman as well as the reverse.

In my case, I call BS. I think he was enjoying talking to you because you are very attractive and it was the thrill of the chase as far as he was concerned. By flirting, he was going to the end of his leash and barking at you while your paying attention to him made him feel he still had “it”. No harm, no foul because he did not cross any lines as far as his ”mate” was concerned.

Think about this logically for a moment… if he was being accurate, would any guy ever get married?
guest041110 is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:59 PM   #4
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeDove View Post
]Think about this logically for a moment… if he was being accurate, would any guy ever get married?
Of course they would; all kinds of societal reasons out there.
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:07 AM   #5
guest041110
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill View Post
Men are not some base species ruled by instinct.... at least not all of them. There are good men out there, faithful and unfaithful, who don't use the excuse of biology to explain their lives.
Yes, that is true Lauren but like it is for the guys, women have to sometimes weed through the chaff to find those guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreetgent View Post
Please DG... I was limiting my answer to ordinary situations. In my view, you would be mistaken in that case however if it is the unusual then yes, you are correct.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:10 AM   #6
Guest053011
Account Disabled

User ID: 4424

I agree with DG, I think many men marry for societal reasons. We live in a world where the normal life cycle is to marry and have children, and many mindlessly float along because it's what's expected of a "normal" person.

Parents are a big pressure. Friends start to wonder what's wrong with you. The women they love pressure them. Even in professional environments life long bachelors or childless marriages face scrutiny and judgment. Don't forget the powerful effect of living in or being raised by strong traditional cultures and religious backgrounds as well.

Quote:
Yes, that is true Lauren but like it is for the guys, women have to sometimes weed through the chaff to find those guys.
Guys have to do the same thing. Not every woman's a gem. There are a lot of awful women out there too.
Guest053011 is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:14 AM   #7
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Quote:
Please DG... I was limiting my answer to ordinary situations. In my view, you would be mistaken in that case
So was I. Agree to disagree.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:38 AM   #8
guest041110
Account Disabled

Interesting perspective you two and I will leave it as you last wrote DG.

It will be interesting to read what others have to write.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:12 AM   #9
EmilyHemingway
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 5956
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Victoria View Post
I've not been married, so I can't really related, but is there any truth to what he was saying?
I wouldn't look for truth in wholesale summations on marriage from a fellow who removed his ring in order to meet women.
EmilyHemingway is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:46 AM   #10
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyHemingway View Post
I wouldn't look for truth in wholesale summations on marriage from a fellow who removed his ring in order to meet women.
Word!
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:14 AM   #11
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Unhappy Changing the ring from one hand to the other is a suave move

Quote:
LOL
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:30 AM   #12
Iceman
Valued Poster

About 1:35 in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Xd3YZj2N0
Iceman is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:47 AM   #13
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
In my case, I call BS. I think he was enjoying talking to you because you are very attractive and it was the thrill of the chase as far as he was concerned. By flirting, he was going to the end of his leash and barking at you while your paying attention to him made him feel he still had “it”. No harm, no foul because he did not cross any lines as far as his ”mate” was concerned.
The thrill of the chase is great. Since it would be inappropriate for him to actually bed you and you don't have to overtly turn him down, he walks away unscarred with a jolt to his ego.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreetgent View Post
Quote:
I agree with DG, I think many men marry for societal reasons. We live in a world where the normal life cycle is to marry and have children, and many mindlessly float along because it's what's expected of a "normal" person.

Parents are a big pressure. Friends start to wonder what's wrong with you. The women they love pressure them. Even in professional environments life long bachelors or childless marriages face scrutiny and judgment. Don't forget the powerful effect of living in or being raised by strong traditional cultures and religious backgrounds as well.

agree & agree. The pressures are both internal (desire for kids, changing social life/desires) & external (parents, society in general)

Quote:
yep & even if he's right about himself, I don't think he can speak for mankind
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:16 AM   #14
John Bull
Valued Poster

Quote:
I agree with DG, I think many men marry for societal reasons...

How then to explain the man who marries 2 or 3 times after already having the children etc.?
John Bull is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:31 AM   #15
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bull View Post
How then to explain the man who marries 2 or 3 times after already having the children etc.?
Some men never learn

Seriously, I think in part it still has to do with position in society. Being married conveys a certain stability and maturity (whether it is warranted or not is a whole other question) that society values; it helps in business, social relations, and so forth. Yes, the irony is that being re-married seems to override the fact that someone divorce a few times!