Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Security Matters
Security Matters Personal security is of the utmost priority. Discussions regarding every aspect of personal security within the hobby can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70386
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35180
Mojojo33117

Old 07-01-2011, 08:04 PM   #1
PAPA JOE
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30
Default File Encryption

i realize it's sometimes necessary to keep files of a sensitive nature. you can do this with a file encryption program, and do it safely. a password for you computer is not sufficient, they can be hacked in about 5 minutes, no matter what you do. with a file encryption program you can maintain list and registers with out the possibility of prying eyes seeing them.

Tru-Crypt - is an easy to use file encryption software, free, easy to setup and use. it creates an encrypted partition on your computer, when you mount it it looks like an additional drive and is treated as such.

ok you've secured you private files, you can keep backups safely as well, i suggest a thumb drive with the same file encryption software installed on it. you can use a file synchronization software to keep your file synchronized with the same data. i suggest Always-Sync

Always-Sync - it's , free, easy to setup and use, as well. you simply tell it which folders to synchronize and it analyzes them and updates the oldest with the newest.

Tru-Crypt -
http://www.truecrypt.org/downloads

Always-Sync -
http://allwaysync.com/

keep your sensitive data out of the wrong hands !
PAPA JOE is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:25 PM   #2
JustaGuyinMS
Ambassador

Encounters: 116

Papa Joe - thank you for good information. I'm going to do it for an external hard drive where I keep "sensitive" information.

JaG
JustaGuyinMS is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:28 PM   #3
latnlvr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 82

The above instructions are good. I want to save my personal files on a thumb drive and use it at my office or at home. Some of them may be Excel or Word files. My office system will not allow me to load any third party software. Is these programs work with the software on the thumb drive and the files are password protected? Thankd for your comments
latnlvr is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:42 PM   #4
PAPA JOE
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

it'll work with any file type, once the encrypted partition is opened, you can use any software to open the type files you have stored there. when you dismount the partition, all the files are encrypted again.
PAPA JOE is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:47 PM   #5
latnlvr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 82

Thanks for your information. I will try it to save my files.
latnlvr is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:44 AM   #6
Melissa Nash
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 25877
My ECCIE Reviews

Really good thread, gentlemen. Thank you for sharing and posting the links to these programs.
Melissa Nash is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #7
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern
Account Disabled

Encounters: 20

Best USB thumb drive for secure storage are USB Pens or Watches.
you can get up to 8 gigs of storage on a USB because it does NOT look like a thumb drive.
I have an MP3 player This one to be specific that has 2 gigs of storage for tunes (you can get a 4 gig model for 10 bux more) but it has a slot for a MICRO SD card. And their capacities are up to 32 gigs, so yeah you might spend 50-60 for this sort of rig but it is stealthy.

Course for the ladies, THIS WATCH might be the trick.. up to 8 gigs and its a VOICE recorder!
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women