Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 245
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47407
pyramider46370
bambino40256
CryptKicker37054
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 08-17-2019, 04:48 PM   #91
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
it turns out Entwistle was quite a good artist as well as a musician. didn't know he was the one that did "The Who by numbers" rather famous drawing.

obviously many pieces of art were done on purpose as caricatures ..

however he could be quite the serious artist as well. i ran across this ..

this is spectacular art. clearly it is Mr's. Page, Clapton, Hendrix and Townsend. too bad it was done some years after Hendrix died. Considering Entwistle knew Page, Clapton and Hendrix along with Townsend of course personally, image if he could have gotten it autographed by all four? of course the other three are still alive today.

many rockers from the 60's and 70's had backgrounds in Art and Graphic Arts. Freddie Mercury (Farrokh Bulsara) had a degree in Graphic Art and Design and drew the famous "Queen crest"

quite good. interestingly, all of the big names of 60's and 70's English rock knew each other. the Beatles, the Stones, The Who, Zeppelin, all were friends. for the most part they all got along well.

of course they were aware of their competing for rock god immorality which did cause a bit of friction from time to time. The Stones were at times admittedly jealous of the Beatles success. all while being good friends with them.

Townsend's ego is well known and when the Beatles disbanded in 1970 he envisioned The Who taking over as the preeminent band. Not sure what Kieth and Mick would say about that. As it turns out those upstarts lol Led Zeppelin became THE BAND. here is Townsend being a bitter asshole about it, while stating he considers them all good friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTJywZoG_bw

here is Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath fame recalling his friend John Bonham ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFq9pKIFQMs
Ron Woods is an accomplished painter. I almost bought his painting of Ali at an art shop in San Francisco. It was 5k so I passed. I bought a poster of the same pose. Ali knocking out Liston.

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=...a-792897377896

http://www.ronniewood.com/
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 09:54 PM   #92
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:

Townsend's ego is well known and when the Beatles disbanded in 1970 he envisioned The Who taking over as the preeminent band. Not sure what Kieth and Mick would say about that. As it turns out those upstarts lol Led Zeppelin became THE BAND. here is Townsend being a bitter asshole about it, while stating he considers them all good friends.
I think the Who was as strong (maybe stronger) as Zeppelin, from 1969-73.. 2 classic double albums and Who's Next during that period. and a couple of great singles. they lost momentum after that. history will view them as a band who announced they were quitting in 1982, yet here they are 37 years later, while Zeppelin has the luxury of being frozen in time, when Bonham died.

but Zeppelin didn't give in to millions of dollars from Tour Promoters begging for a reunion. that is the real divide between the 2 bands.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 10:25 PM   #93
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
I think the Who was as strong (maybe stronger) as Zeppelin, from 1969-73.. 2 classic double albums and Who's Next during that period. and a couple of great singles. they lost momentum after that. history will view them as a band who announced they were quitting in 1982, yet here they are 37 years later, while Zeppelin has the luxury of being frozen in time, when Bonham died.

but Zeppelin didn't give in to millions of dollars from Tour Promoters begging for a reunion. that is the real divide between the 2 bands.

i don't think the remaining members of Zeppelin would agree with you about the "luxury" of losing Bonham. they would never have wanted the band to end that way.

no they didn't. they offered Plant some obscene amount to drop his tour with Allison Krause and he refused. it was Richard Branson i think that offered the money, not the other members. by the time Plant had settled the zillion lawsuits he wouldn't have gained anything. he already has enough money anyway.

you could argue that The Who continuing with Kenny Jones was a betrayal of the band and Moon. Jones is a competent drummer. there were several excellent drummers who could have replaced Bonham too. but to Zeppelin it wouldn't have been the same. maybe that means Zeppelin was more equal than The Who? not equal in talent, equal in what they brought to the creative process. to me, Townsend was the driving force behind The Who. he himself could never sing the songs he wrote, but Daltrey could.

Townsend can write this but only Daltrey could sing it ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDbAtWpoA6k

it's nearly impossible to pick just one song of any of the great bands of that era, the Stones, The Who, Zeppelin and many others but if i had to pick one song that shows the greatness of The Who it would be this one. it's been called one of the most hauntingly beautiful songs ever written. hard to argue with that ..
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 06:24 AM   #94
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Department of Justice Backs Led Zeppelin in ‘Stairway to Heaven’ Copyright Case

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...223227975.html

Jem Aswad and Gene Maddaus,Variety 11 hours ago

The U.S. Department of Justice has weighed in on the next big music copyright case on the horizon following the Katy Perry “Dark Horse” decision, and taken Led Zeppelin’s side in the long-running copyright dispute that pits the writers of the group’s anthem “Stairway to Heaven” against the publishers of the earlier song “Taurus” by Spirit.

The DOJ filed an amicus brief late Thursday supporting Zeppelin against a claim by the trustees of the late Spirit singer/guitarist Randy Wolfe — a.k.a. Randy California — that it lifted a musical passage for its song from “Taurus.”

Michael Skidmore, the trustee of the Randy Craig Wolfe Trust, sued the band in 2014, arguing that “Stairway to Heaven” ripped off elements of Wolfe’s composition. A jury ruled in favor of Led Zeppelin in 2016, finding that the two songs were not substantially similar.

Skidmore appealed, and on Friday a three-judge panel of the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals ordered a new trial. The panel found that U.S. District Court Judge Gary Klausner gave instructions that failed to make clear that an arrangement of otherwise unprotectable elements in a song can be sufficiently original to merit copyright protection.

“Without a selection and arrangement instruction, the jury instructions severely undermined Skidmore’s argument for extrinsic similarity, which is exactly what the jury found lacking,” wrote Circuit Judge Richard A. Paez, for the court.

Paez also faulted Klausner for refusing to allow Skidmore’s attorney to play “Taurus” while Jimmy Page was testifying. The attorney was seeking to show that Page had access to “Taurus” when “Stairway to Heaven” was composed, but Klausner ruled that playing the song with the jury present could be confusing.

But in June, the full Ninth Circuit said it would hear the appeal again. On Thursday, the Justice Department said the trial judge was correct in ruling that the only work subject to copyright protection was the sheet music — which was filed with the copyright office — and not sound recordings, and that the relevant portion of the songs is not virtually identical.

Thursday’s move is significant for a number of reasons, not least because the juries in the recent “Dark Horse” and 2015 “Blurred Lines” decision — in which Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams were found to have infringed on the copyright of Marvin Gaye’s song “Got to Give It up” based on a similar “feel” — ruled against the defendants, which in this case is Led Zeppelin.

The case goes before the appeals court next month.

let's compare shall we?

Spirit "Taurus"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFHLO_2_THg

Now Led Zeppelin "Stairway to Heaven"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9ioyEvdggk

to give cred .. ecky9.5k pointed out .. what i already knew .. Spirit and Led Zep did play at least one if not several festivals together, that is fact. Spirit would seem to have the edge in who was first .. with their interlude.

but it's more complicated than that. "Taurus" is an interlude between songs. "Stairway to Heaven" is a song. And Spirit waited so long to even bring this challenge that it seems nothing more than a money grab. the guitarist for Spirit died decades ago in a surfing accident in Hawaii. The band was never popular or all that successful in its prime. Led Zep .. well we all know what heights they reached before Bonzo's untimely death.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_California

Randy California aka Randy Craig Wolfe died in 1997. his estate sued 20 years later. because they wanted money for nothing. why didn't they sue decades before he even died .. knowing full well how successful Led Zeppelin had become? and Led Zeppelin disbanded in 1980 after John Henry Bonham's death.

Spirit lost on multiple fronts. they waited some 40 plus years to even challenge Led Zep and some 20 years after their guitar player died. it was Randy Wolfe's estate that brought the suit.

They really lost because a 20 second interlude even if overheard by Jimmy Page at a concert does not a song make.

and because there are so many similarities between all songs Beethoven's heirs could sue everyone for nearly every song ever written.

the trial judge who awarded the winklivi tards 65 Million from zuckerjew (facebook) said nearly the same thing ..

"A dorm room conversation does not a contract make".

And these dipshits were Harvard business majors. did they even go to class???

Apparently not! They certainly didn't take Contract Law 101 .. did they?

yet they got 65 Mil from Zuckerjew.

Led Zeppelin won. and rightfully so. Spirit is a rock nobody. Zed Leppelin (lol) are rock gods. and yes they did settle some suits over early covers of various blues tunes. their total body of work speaks for itself. You could sue the Beatles for the same thing.
My Verdict is In: Money Grab by Spirit. Stairway to Heaven is Led Zeplins
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 06:30 AM   #95
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
i don't think the remaining members of Zeppelin would agree with you about the "luxury" of losing Bonham. they would never have wanted the band to end that way.

no they didn't. they offered Plant some obscene amount to drop his tour with Allison Krause and he refused. it was Richard Branson i think that offered the money, not the other members. by the time Plant had settled the zillion lawsuits he wouldn't have gained anything. he already has enough money anyway.

you could argue that The Who continuing with Kenny Jones was a betrayal of the band and Moon. Jones is a competent drummer. there were several excellent drummers who could have replaced Bonham too. but to Zeppelin it wouldn't have been the same. maybe that means Zeppelin was more equal than The Who? not equal in talent, equal in what they brought to the creative process. to me, Townsend was the driving force behind The Who. he himself could never sing the songs he wrote, but Daltrey could.

Townsend can write this but only Daltrey could sing it ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDbAtWpoA6k

it's nearly impossible to pick just one song of any of the great bands of that era, the Stones, The Who, Zeppelin and many others but if i had to pick one song that shows the greatness of The Who it would be this one. it's been called one of the most hauntingly beautiful songs ever written. hard to argue with that ..
I get that The Who was great, they just don’t do it for me like Zeppelin.
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 02:38 PM   #96
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

eccieuser9500 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women