Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70376
biomed160259
Yssup Rider59832
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47418
pyramider46370
bambino40272
CryptKicker37060
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35127
Mojojo33117

Old 08-15-2019, 03:23 PM   #421
supercold1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

The Bond Market flashed a recession warning after the Dow plummeted 800 points. It's not unreasonable to be afraid that a recession can still happen. Especially since the government hasn't done anything to change the rules or regulate the banks since the last recession, like Bernie, Warren, and Yang want to do.
supercold1 is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 04:56 PM   #422
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

The economy is certainly not in a recession right now. Not close. Had Trump moved forward with tariffs on Mexico and his proposed tariffs on China, we would be moving more in that direction though.

The one positive accomplishment for Trump in his 33 months in office is the economy. Those in the upper income levels have done much better than those in the middle of the middle class and below but all have it somewhat better. Yes, wages are up but so is the CPI and tariffs have increased the costs of many products we buy each day. Real income is stagnant.

If the economy falters between now and November 2020, Trump can blame the Federal Reserve all he wants. He took full credit when the economy was booming but when it falters he passes the blame onto others.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 07:05 AM   #423
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Wait! WOT? We're not all going to die afterall???

Oh darn, we're not in recession after all. Sorry Bill Mahr. Better luck next time.

Consumer spending beats expectations - Shoppers reject phony media recession fears...

by Sundance

Average wage growth remains +3.5% year-over-year. The growth of overall income for American workers exceeds +5.4 percent year-over-year. Unemployment is a low 3.6% and U.S. consumer inflation remains low at 1.4 percent. Meaning: the middle-class has more disposable income to save or SPEND; and that’s what is happening….
  • Reminder #1: Consumer spending is two-thirds of the U.S. economy.
  • Reminder #2: We consume more than 80 percent of our own production (products created in USA). We do not rely on exports.
  • Reminder #3: Because of #1 and #2, the “Main Street” U.S. economy is self sustaining -much stronger- and more protected from the negative impacts on the global economy.
  • Reminder #4: Who/What is at risk from global contraction? The Wall Street economy (compromised primarily of multinationals). What is not at risk, the Main St economy.
  • Reminder #5: Because of #3 and #4, Wall Street can drop while Main Street thrives.
My summary: This is also why the longer China delays talking tariffs the more they lose. Must be that magic wand Trump has

Plus Germany and China are sinking further behind. No doubt much of the globe's economies are for chite. But not ours and it's the largest - I think. So uhmm, what one might say to Germany, the EU and China is #SUCKIT and pass the popcorn
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:06 AM   #424
supercold1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

You’re starting to sound like a broken record. You’re parroting yourself in the same thread, lol. One track, agenda driven mind
supercold1 is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:51 AM   #425
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
Oh darn, we're not in recession after all. Sorry Bill Mahr. Better luck next time.

Consumer spending beats expectations - Shoppers reject phony media recession fears...

by Sundance

Average wage growth remains +3.5% year-over-year. The growth of overall income for American workers exceeds +5.4 percent year-over-year. Unemployment is a low 3.6% and U.S. consumer inflation remains low at 1.4 percent. Meaning: the middle-class has more disposable income to save or SPEND; and that’s what is happening….
  • Reminder #1: Consumer spending is two-thirds of the U.S. economy.
  • Reminder #2: We consume more than 80 percent of our own production (products created in USA). We do not rely on exports.
  • Reminder #3: Because of #1 and #2, the “Main Street” U.S. economy is self sustaining -much stronger- and more protected from the negative impacts on the global economy.
  • Reminder #4: Who/What is at risk from global contraction? The Wall Street economy (compromised primarily of multinationals). What is not at risk, the Main St economy.
  • Reminder #5: Because of #3 and #4, Wall Street can drop while Main Street thrives.
My summary: This is also why the longer China delays talking tariffs the more they lose. Must be that magic wand Trump has

Plus Germany and China are sinking further behind. No doubt much of the globe's economies are for chite. But not ours and it's the largest - I think. So uhmm, what one might say to Germany, the EU and China is #SUCKIT and pass the popcorn
Consumer spending is the only factor keeping the U.S. GDP up. Trump promised a 3.0% or higher GDP. Hit 2.9% in 2018, a rate hit under Obama. Expected to hit 2.3% in 2019 and 2.0% in 2020. Good but not close to what Trump anticipated. China's GDP is expected to be 6.2% and 5.8% in 2020.

We don't rely on exports? Tell that to the farmers in this country who would be losing their asses if not for subsidies in the sum of about $16 billion. Which you and I are helping to pay for via our taxes. We exported about $2.5 trillion and imported about $3.1 trillion in 2018.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:03 PM   #426
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Plow that dirt agin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Consumer spending is the only factor keeping the U.S. GDP up. Trump promised a 3.0% or higher GDP.

We already plowed most of this dirt in https://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=106...&postcount=336

and https://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=106...&postcount=345 , in addition to National debt.

Short recap:

Source Statista (dot) com

TRUMP GDP numbers:

3.0% Q2 '17, 4.2% Q2 '18, 3.4% Q3 '18, 3.1% Q1 '19

So looking at the little O's 2nd term performance we notice that out of the chute:
Q2'12-1.7%, Q3'12-0.5%, Q4'12-0.5%, Q1'13-3.6%, Q2'13-0.5%,...Q1'14-(-1%)

I thought it would easily be near 3%, but 4% starts to get a bit heady and frankly, too much shenanigans to maintain there. In no way would I expect 6%, mainly for fear of the repercussions that would ensue, namely gravity - what goes up comes down. For me, slow and relatively steady is the way to go.

Wild swings from -0.1% (Q1'11&Q1'14) to 5.1%( Q2'14) cause to much chop in the waters as we saw during the Little O's 2nd term.

We can talk about farmers another time. But do realize I'm from farm country...
Old 08-18-2019, 07:24 PM   #427
Agent220
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27

Much of the economy is essentially on a bubble. My economics, Personal Financial Planning and buddies from college are gearing up predicting a recession in 6 to 18 months.
Agent220 is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 07:53 PM   #428
Dev Null
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Inverted yield curve certainly suggests that. Even though consumer spending is up, that's not usually a leading indicator.
Dev Null is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 06:01 AM   #429
Dev Null
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Comments coming from Che Bernie are suspect and reporting from Politifact and Washington Post even more so.
Is Politifact suspect? In a word, no:

https://www.poynter.org/fact-checkin...lysis-says-no/

Very slight leftward tilt, but not enough to move them out of the "least-biased" category in independent analysis:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/politifact/

Very close to half of their pants-on-fire ratings and Pinocchio's are aimed towards the left. This in an age where we have an administration that routinely tells whoppers.

https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/best...king-websites/

They rely on reader support, not funding from partisons, PACS, and hacks:

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...sed-heres-why/

Washington Post fact-check also fairly unbiased and balanced:

https://www.npr.org/2012/01/10/14497...ing-under-fire

If the right wanted to be credible, they would do much better to put pressure on their representatives to be more truthful. Instead they insist on being right all the time, even if they have to make shit up in the process.

There are independent media bias monitors out there that rate news sources, so there's no excuse in this day an age to let yourself be led astray by partisans of either stripe.

https://www.journalism.org/2014/10/2...larization-08/

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ho...NIaUTFM8ehF4Gk
Dev Null is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 07:59 AM   #430
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Long USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev Null View Post
Inverted yield curve certainly suggests that. Even though consumer spending is up, that's not usually a leading indicator.

As I recall basic supply/demand, because there is an excess of buyers scooping up long term US debt, the yield would go down. You think they gonna invest in China, Germany or the EU right now or in the foreseeable future?
Old 08-19-2019, 08:55 AM   #431
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
As I recall basic supply/demand, because there is an excess of buyers scooping up long term US debt, the yield would go down. You think they gonna invest in China, Germany or the EU right now or in the foreseeable future?
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 06:38 AM   #432
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
We already plowed most of this dirt in https://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=106...&postcount=336

and https://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=106...&postcount=345 , in addition to National debt.

Short recap:

Source Statista (dot) com

TRUMP GDP numbers:

3.0% Q2 '17, 4.2% Q2 '18, 3.4% Q3 '18, 3.1% Q1 '19

So looking at the little O's 2nd term performance we notice that out of the chute:
Q2'12-1.7%, Q3'12-0.5%, Q4'12-0.5%, Q1'13-3.6%, Q2'13-0.5%,...Q1'14-(-1%)

I thought it would easily be near 3%, but 4% starts to get a bit heady and frankly, too much shenanigans to maintain there. In no way would I expect 6%, mainly for fear of the repercussions that would ensue, namely gravity - what goes up comes down. For me, slow and relatively steady is the way to go.

Wild swings from -0.1% (Q1'11&Q1'14) to 5.1%( Q2'14) cause to much chop in the waters as we saw during the Little O's 2nd term.

We can talk about farmers another time. But do realize I'm from farm country...
It's totally unfair to compare the economy under Obama and the economy under Trump. Obama took over as we were entering the worst recession since the Great Depression and all economic indicators improved drastically under Obama. Trump took over a solid economy and has made it better.
Old 08-20-2019, 07:12 AM   #433
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Not as much of a coinky-dinky as proffered actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent220 View Post
Much of the economy is essentially on a bubble. My economics, Personal Financial Planning and buddies from college are gearing up predicting a recession in 6 to 18 months.

Hmm... just in time for election season. Seems fishy. But then we've gone from RUSSIA to RACIST to RECESSION. Why not just actually report actual news, as opposed to future talking points for the DNC? That could be a thing...
Old 08-20-2019, 08:00 AM   #434
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default It's magically delicious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
It's totally unfair to compare the economy under Obama and the economy under Trump. Obama took over as we were entering the worst recession since the Great Depression and all economic indicators improved drastically under Obama. Trump took over a solid economy and has made it better.

To be fair, Trump does have a magic wand and all - according to some ill-informed sources. So yes, maybe that is cheating. But that's why I choose little O's second term numbers. You know, after he lowered ocean levels and fundamentally changed every this that and the other thing and when he had more flexibility and what not.

Interesting comparison on your first point, especially compared to Billy-boy Clintoon following Reagan and Bush Sr. I do remember seeing charts of the economy growth before Clinton that showed the longest running and steadiest growth. As Jennifer Flowers mentioned; At least Clinton didn't screw it up - initially.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:02 AM   #435
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

That would go against their "I'm a victim" narrative.

Quote:
Hmm... just in time for election season. Seems fishy. But then we've gone from RUSSIA to RACIST to RECESSION. Why not just actually report actual news, as opposed to future talking points for the DNC? That could be a thing...
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women