Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Another Realm
Another Realm This forum is designed for those exploring alternative sexual practices and lifestyles. Whether a seasoned veteran of this scene, a newbie, or simply interested in broadening your sexual horizons, we hope you'll find the content of this forum stimulating and informative.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70386
biomed160319
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 04-21-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
rylstone
Valued Poster

Encounters: 50
Default Spanking Bench design considerations?

As I have some skill at furniture design and building, a local domme of my acquaintance has commissioned the construction of a purpose-built Spanking Bench. We have gone over her needs and reviewed the literature. Her specification includes accommodating male subs of mature age, and sometime ample girth with potential knee difficulties. The current design will be a lightly padded top set 28 inches off the floor, measuring 20 x 26 inches, and a knee support shelf of the same width by perhaps 12 inches some 13 inches lower. The structure will be sized to support clients up to 300 pounds (indeed, I will be proof testing the article with such a load before committing her customers). There will be appropriate restraints and a workman-like finish as this is to be a proof of principle prototype, potentially leading to construction of a finer example later.

Do any of you professionally dominant ladies have further suggestions on form or function? Not being of such a mind myself (For my own entertainment I prefer to discipline submissive women). I am personally unacquainted with the use of such implements to discipline male submissives.
rylstone is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:14 AM   #2
Krunkman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

For padding I would suggest using a much firmer foam underneath. Since you mention potential knee issues with clients, you need much more protection for the knees. Too many spanking benches are designed to support the weight of a slight woman and not a much larger man.

Other than that the only thing I can think of is you should do some testing on it (i.e. people) to find the optimum design and fittings. You don't need to be a domme for that.
Krunkman is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:43 AM   #3
Nikkiforfun
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 10946
My ECCIE Reviews

Keep in mind that a 300 pound client needs more support when they are jumping around. Laws of physics come into play here. I would recommend heavy padding & hardware graded for a greater weight. Make sure that the cover is non-porous and bleachable.

I was looking for a picture of mine, but it looks like I don't have any pics of just my spanking bench.
Nikkiforfun is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:00 AM   #4
FishGuy13
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

I am not into giving or receiving pain, but I rember one of my early FBSM providers used a regular massage table and she started off with some manscaping then I was laying on my stomach. We both commented on how a hole might be nice for my dick, it almost hurt laying on such a hard on. Again not into the BDSM scene, I am not sure if an erection is common during a spanking or if it is even practial to build for general body types, ie we are all different sizes and shapes and I am not exactly sure how she might use such a bench. Just my two cents, if perhaps the part the guys chest was to lay on would be made longer so the client could lay out flat with a hole or trap door for some type of penis tease and pain.
Will you be posting pic's when it is done?
FishGuy13 is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:13 PM   #5
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

When designing things for patient support in a health-care setting, engineers typically design with a 2 1/5 x safety margin. That is, if the support item is rated for 3oo pounds, it is designed to hold up to 750 pounds befor breaking. I'm sure that most quality furnature is seasigned something like that. I would think that a safety factor of at least 2x would be required.

What if someone decides to double up on the device for some solid humping (stap-on or otherwise)? It could happen!
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:25 PM   #6
Sidewinder
Lifetime Premium Access

This will sound RIDICULOUS, but there is method to my madness.

Go to Sunday Mass at your local friendly neighborhood Catholic church.

Inspect the kneelers in the pews. Consider what they have to do, and how much weight they have to support.
Sidewinder is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:43 AM   #7
rylstone
Valued Poster

Sidewinder, I did draw upon memories of church pew kneelers in the design phase. Great minds think alike!

And, yes there will be a demonstated factor of safety. Other design safety items are included, particularly with regard to tipping and sharp edges.

The padding was always planned firm: 1 inch of ensolite (sleeping bag pad material) under marine grade vinyl.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:12 PM   #8
rylstone
Valued Poster

Bench delivered, acceptance test flight conducted, customer has placed in revenue service. Thanks, everyone.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:24 PM   #9
sexy.serenity
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 77241
My ECCIE Reviews

Proud to say I got to take the first test flight. Didn't even know how much I would be into this. I kind of went in as an experimentation, but have found it to have been much more enjoyable than I thought.

I had done very light bdsm in my past civilian life and have never enjoyed being the dom, but realized that the bd and spanking is definitely something I would like to explore further.

Thank you to Ryl and my coach who made the experience much more than I expected (mostly from myself).
sexy.serenity is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:58 AM   #10
Shackle
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

So is it possible for us to see pictures of the finished bench?
Shackle is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:23 PM   #11
rylstone
Valued Poster

Attachment failed. Working.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:30 PM   #12
rylstone
Valued Poster