Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160272
Yssup Rider59843
gman4452860
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47422
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35137
Mojojo33117

Old 11-18-2018, 08:48 AM   #16
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
You're wrong by half. A new Yale study puts the number of illegals in the U.S. at over 22 million.

22 million American jobs that are denied to 22 million American workers who are now dependent on the social safety net funded by the taxpaying American workers who do have jobs and pay local, state and federal taxes.
The unemployment rate is close to all time lows. How are you going to get the 22 million Americans who don't want to work back on payrolls? Trump's not going to do it, he doesn't have the stomach to cut entitlements. If 11 million or 22 million workers, who are doing work other people don't want to do, suddenly disappear it's going to hurt.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 09:01 AM   #17
Budman
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Budman you proclaim that what I said was mostly unture and then reword exactly wtf I said!

Be like me saying 2 plus 2 equal 4 and you saying I'm wrong and going into some long tirade that concludes 2 plus 2 equal 4.

It is like your point was to say I'm wrong and then hopefully write enough bs to tire the reader out before coming to the exact same conclusion as I.

That may be what you meant but it is not what you said. Builders or GC's for the most part do not hire tradesmen as employees. They sub the work out to legitimate subcontractors.
Budman is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 09:51 AM   #18
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman View Post
That may be what you meant but it is not what you said.
May be that's what he wished he had said after it appeared wrong.

Option 3.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 09:55 AM   #19
kehaar
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystic View Post
Fred there are 11 million illegal immigrants in the USA. Most are working. As contractors, taxed employees, under the table cash, you name it. Most of them work directly or indirectly for wealthy millionaires Democrats that are fully aware of their status, but are willing to foist an underclass on the US so they can have pretty lawns, roofs, and gardens. After all, they are only doing jobs the leftwing, racbaiting, bigotted, fascist thugs would never take.
FTFY

There are far more than 11 million illegal immigrants in the United States.
kehaar is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:38 AM   #20
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
That may be what you meant but it is not what you said. Builders or GC's for the most part do not hire tradesmen as employees. They sub the work out to legitimate subcontractors.
I explained why 'small builders ' do not hire 'employees '.
I said what I meant and meant what I said.

LL and FF seem to still not understand the Home Building business.

you on the other hand seem to know exactly what you're talking about....except about what I had written.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:39 AM   #21
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehaar View Post
FTFY

But this is not a thtead about that
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:49 AM   #22
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendly fred View Post
I disagree that most are working. Many are working, but others are supported by the workers, and also get government benefits.

We need the taxes from every worker, and do not need to give government handouts to illegals, if we are ever going to reduce the debt of our once great nation.

You make a good point and I understand it. I don't know why we don't give Amnesty to the ones who are here. Those who employ them should "sponsor" them. They aint going away. I remember when Putin said he would have them all deported. We cant solve the problem with some stupid wall and try deporting 11 million people. Putin needs to get realistic and tell the Orange Man
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:56 AM   #23
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Good for you. So you had your yardman fill out the IRS's Form I-9 when you hired him to verify he's eligible for employment. And you also have a Form W-4 on file so you can calculate how much to withholding from his paychecks. You withhold social security, medicare, federal income tax, federal unemployment tax, and state unemployment tax from his paychecks. You deposit the withholding with the federal government and regularly file Form 940 to report withholding. You file form W-2 with the IRS at the end of the year to report your yardman's wages and withholding, again. You pay workman's compensation insurance. You do the necessary reporting and have the safety guidelines and policies in effect to comply with OSHA standards. You've posted the notices regarding discrimination in the workplace required by law. So you are correctly doing what you need to do because your yardman is an employee and not a contractor.

Wouldn't it be easier just to mow your own lawn?
Thanks Tiny. That's exactly how that scenario would be legal. Funny I think Ill just have the Mexican who mows my yard now keep doing it and not worry about it. ( Ill ask my neighbors if they do the same. I think they probably do like I do)
Old 11-18-2018, 10:59 AM   #24
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
For the most part that statement is incorrect. Home builders typically do not have tradesmen on their payroll. They hire subcontractors who may or may not be licensed depending on the trade and the state. These subcontractors are legitimate subcontractors. They in turn hire labor that in many cases should be classified as employees but are classified as subcontractors to save money. If they are an employee the employer must verify their status to work in this country by requiring certain pieces of ID. The ID may be stolen or forged but the employer is not an expert on forged documents so he hires the employee. He has done what the law requires. If he classifies them as subcontractors he does not need to verify legal status and he does not have to withhold taxes or match FICA. The sub is typically not on the GC's insurance so it is much cheaper to classify them as subs. To be competitive in the construction industry this is almost a requirement. The small subcontractor that has 10 employees and is bidding the same projects as another sub that has 10 subs is at a huge disadvantage in overhead expense.

I have been out of the construction business for about 10 years now but we hired both employees and subs. We knew that some were illegal but as long as they produced the proper documents we were covered. Most of us have heard that the illegals are only hired because they can be paid less. I don't know about other companies or industries but we never paid anyone based on their legal status. We paid them based on what they could do for us to make money.
Great post. I have identical experience. Well written
Old 11-18-2018, 11:04 AM   #25
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehaar View Post
FTFY

Why would you alter my post? . Do you not respect that I'm entitled to my own views? You make think its cute, but its actually reminds me of the current President "false" reality he lives in. When he doesn't like something, he makes up shit then lies about it. That's what you did to my post
Old 11-18-2018, 11:31 AM   #26
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
I don't think you understand what constitutes an independent contractor. When I hire a plumber to fix a leaky pipe, and pay his invoice, he is clearly an independent contractor, just like a hooker working at an AMP.

If I have a full time yard man at my house 40 hours a week, and tell him what jobs to do, he is an employee.

If I build homes and a plumber has three guys to help him and they work under his direction, they are employees, and matching taxes must be paid.
I think I do understand what constitute a independent contractor.

You are correct about the yard worker.

If you build a home and hire a plumber who has three guys working for him, you are not responsible for the three employees matching taxes. So why are you crying about homebuilders illegally using independent contractors to not pay proper taxes?

You're contradicting your own thread premise
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:33 AM   #27
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystic View Post
Great post. I have identical experience. Well written
Hopefully LL and FF will read it.

Here is a link explaining the different business models between Fed Ex (contract workers) and UPS (union employees)

http://www.braunconsulting.com/bcg/n...nter20041.html
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 12:51 PM   #28
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
The unemployment rate is close to all time lows. How are you going to get the 22 million Americans who don't want to work back on payrolls? Trump's not going to do it, he doesn't have the stomach to cut entitlements. If 11 million or 22 million workers, who are doing work other people don't want to do, suddenly disappear it's going to hurt.
Study the Law of Supply and Demand. Absent a surplus of cheap labor, wages will go up for those undesirable, menial jobs. Most people who wouldn't do those jobs for minimum wage because they are doing just as well on the government tit will be encouraged to work for twice what they are getting sitting on their ass. They're despicable creatures if they don't. Stop and/or deport the cheap, illegal labor supply, conniving business people won't have an exploitable labor resource to turn to.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 01:25 PM   #29
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
I think a business should have severe penalties for purposefully misclassifying employees to skirt employment law.

It is unfair to American workers and honest competitors.
So do you think Fed Ex should be fined? Severely fined.

http://www.braunconsulting.com/bcg/n...nter20041.html
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 02:34 PM   #30
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Study the Law of Supply and Demand. Absent a surplus of cheap labor, wages will go up for those undesirable, menial jobs. Most people who wouldn't do those jobs for minimum wage because they are doing just as well on the government tit will be encouraged to work for twice what they are getting sitting on their ass. They're despicable creatures if they don't. Stop and/or deport the cheap, illegal labor supply, conniving business people won't have an exploitable labor resource to turn to.
That aint happen yet IB. My company has been offering those jobs at great wages and they arent being filled by what you really mean. " white People". If you think these illegals are working cheap, you're wrong. At least in the construction industry they arent

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women